[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Postmodern meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Bamse's postmodern date03.jpg (569KB, 1000x2024px) Image search: [Google]
Bamse's postmodern date03.jpg
569KB, 1000x2024px
Can someone explain postmodernism and why it is hated here?
>>
>>139470457
All the "structures" that humans created in history are socially constructed and have no objective value or meaning, so they can all be deconstructed, criticized, and replaced arbitrarily. It is quite literally cultural Marxism and Frankfurt school bullshit using critical theory
>>
>>139470457
Postmodern = communist subversion
>>
>>139470679

So you'd say it is some sort of "newspeak" in therms of philosophy, where you can't criticize anything because facts are subjective?
>>
>>139471412
Yes, religion, patriarchy, gender norms, culture, race, and western civilization itself can all be criticized and reconstructed because none of it is objectively rationalized in their eyes
>>
>>139470679
Add to this, postmodernism has two untenable presuppositions. Social constructions are alway false and the fact that multiple explanations exist for phenomena means that are all just as good.

Antibiotics are socially constructed. They would not exist if there were no people. They are real and work.
>>
File: Boudica.jpg (65KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
Boudica.jpg
65KB, 500x366px
>>139470457
Postmodernism postulates that the achievements of "the West" (as the most obvious example) such as architecture, science, medicine, nuclear energy, etc, are of no more or less value than a 65-IQ negro making staues of tribal demons from cow dung. It's cultural relativity, usally applied to the art world. It's hated here because it does not appeal to applied reason, but to raw emotion, and a need to denigrate what is clearly beautiful and superior..
>>
>>139471817

Well, anything can and should be criticized, on that I have no problem with them. However, it should be on the basis of fact, not a matter of subjectivity that in the long run makes things confusing(which led me to create this thread)

Also get the impression that they don't like objective standards that can actually measure truth, thus we lose standards in both morals, art and societal order among a lot of other things

A question to anyone in this thread, do you believe postmodernism is confusing on purpouse?
>>
>>139472287
I've heard a post modern anthropologist go do far as to say that when one claims science offers better explanations than shamanism you are just saying "stupid savage" these people even care more about the "feelings" of the tribals than mitigating their pain and suffering through modernization
>>
>>139470679
Postmodernism and feminisms are social constructs too and hence arbitrary and meaningless. They are also a product of the patriarchy/modernity, they share their perceived prejudices and flaws.
There you go, dismounting all their bullshit using their own contradictory ""logic"".
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y5K2x_erIe8
>>
>>139470457
to put it very simply it means nothing matter, like nihilism but focused more on culture/race/ect.
postmodernism is stupid becuase if i say "postmodernism isnt real" its anti-postmodernist to argue the point.
>>
>>139470457
Gold
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.