[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has the dollar been so weak since Trump took over?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

I distinctly remember all US experts on the Republican side saying that Europe's economy is shit and weak and the dollar will soon be at parity with the Euro.

Now the Euro is back at 1.20 and rising. Why? What's going on here? Why has the outlook for the US economy deteriorated so much while Europe is booming?
>>
>>139462478
Currency rates don't mean that much. If anything, financial institutions have slightly more trust in the European Union compared to the US.
>>
American empire is in it's final days.
>>
>>139462664
>Currency rates don't mean that much.
BS. Absent massive monetary interventions or exceptions of massive monetary interventions, exchange rates reflect investors' confidence in economies.
>>
>>139462664
Yeah, and this is Keynesian hour. Devaluation of the usd will improve the (((economy)))

Yen's turn next
>>
>>139462664
>If anything, financial institutions have slightly more trust in the European Union compared to the US.
Especially in a Trump lead USA.I wouldn't trust Trump to wipe his own arse.
It is a miracle that the dollar is still holding at all.
>>
>>139462478
If Trump really does want us to start making more things to export from here, then a weaker domestic currency is basically unavoidable.

If I was into to FOREX, I'd sell the dollar against the Euro, based on that alone.
>>
>>139462478

because jews control the worlds banks ?
>>
>>139462478
Why krauts don't know anything about economy and think to be smart?

A weak currency has its advantages.
That's why your oligarchs decide to adopt euro, do advantage Germany and destroy Italy and other countries.
>>
>>139466795
Based Guido gets it.
>>
>>139466795
We need a strong euro, around 1.40 euros to the dollar. We need low oil and gas prices. A weak euro just makes us poor.
>>
>>139462478
A low dollar is more exports.
Like you germans benefit from "low euro" to have more exports.
>>
>>139467507
Goddamit.
You want the weakest euro you can to have more export and destroy competition.
How can you don't know it?

Maybe kraut journalists are worse than italian ones, and even cnn.
>>
File: canadian dollar.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
canadian dollar.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>139462478
We don't care about that anymore. We can still laugh at the Peso to USD chart or the Canadian dollar to USD.
>>
>>139467663
We registered our strongest growth with a high euro. When it was at 1.35 to the dollar for years, we wuz kingz.
>>
File: carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>139462478
"Europe is booming," Abdullah said, knowing that he'd have the last laugh as he pressed the button on his suicide vest.
>>
>>139462478

Okay you dumb shits. Let me tell you why the dollar is dropping. It is mostly because of the Euro, traders are frontrunning that they'll are slowing down QE. And the Dollar index (DXY) is mostly Euro weighted. And of course recent speculation about nuclear shit with NK also is a small part, causing risk aversion. But that is mostly just temporary since it's speculation and not a real fundamental problem. Because we all know nothing will happen.

And on top of this all it's been the summer, no great trader is trading at the moment but now august is almost done, be aware that currency prices will move to a more natural price point.

There's nothing to worry about, only QE is coming to an end, quantitative tapering as it's a called is setting in and central banks are shifting in stance (dovish to hawkish and other ways around). That caused some change in the markets because the only real drivers are central banks nowadays.

Goodluck.
>>
File: Federal Reserve Meeting.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Federal Reserve Meeting.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>139468618
We're STILL using QE? I know interest rates will have to be bumped eventually triggering a recession, but there's no reason for it to continue this long..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.