[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really dont know how to feel about this one.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: where isgod.png (449KB, 501x493px) Image search: [Google]
where isgod.png
449KB, 501x493px
The other day i was listening to talkback radio and the host was talking about the fact that somewhere (wasn't really paying attention, dont know where) Some priest got in trouble for not going to authorities after one of his church-goers confessed to being a pedophile.

Some people argued that its a breach of religious freedom to out information to the police like that

Others argued that that sort of thing should always be reported no matter what the circumstance.

this might sounds really bad, but i dont know where i land. What about you /pol/?
>>
>>139462347
Pretty sure they're supposed to report when they are a danger to someone
>>
>>139462633
Yeah, probably, but either way what do you think?
>>
>>139462347
It's almost like religion and government don't have the same goals.

You're not supposed to snitch on confessions as a priest. But the government wants you to, and is in power.

Religion and non-pious government aren't 100% compatible.
>>
>Nas sucking Shaq's feet.jpg
>>
>>139462347
Nothing wrong with being a pedo.
>>
>>139463155
Flag checks out
>>
being a pedo doesn't mean you've fucked/will fuck kids.
just like being straight doesn't mean you've fucked/will fuck woman
>>
>>139463401
Wew cant wait to see how a pedo incel contributes to society
>>
>>139462347
It's the understanding that the man was repenting his sins to God. I don't think it should be reported. Just like you don't tell someone in a psychotic episode it's not real. You've got to play along, only maybe then can it get better.
>>
>>139463401
Flag checks out. Sheep fucker confirmed.
>>
>>139462347
Priest confessionals are similar to "free" therapists, and I think the same sort of legal rules should apply to them/consider them the same class of people as therapists legally, whatever that country's laws may be.

In the case of the US, therapists/psychiatrists are under no legal obligation to disclose criminal activity to the authorities, and it would be against their best interests to do so because then patients would never open up about anything meaningful/get to the root of the problem. The idea is to have the therapist talk the person into confessing or ceasing criminal activity.

Though I think in extreme cases they can just notify the police. I don't think it's technically against the law for them to do so, but it may violate some kind of privacy agreement between patient and therapist.
>>
>>139462888
Seems reasonable. Telling a priest about finger banging your mom should probably be kept private. Telling them you're planning murder should be reported.
>>
>>139462347

Morality is not relative, especially not for religious people. Morality stems from ownership of private property, or God in the case of the religious.

When your GOD tells you to do something, you don't not do it. Breaking his commands brings eternal damnation after all. Human laws don't matter. This is why Sharia is so damn dangerous.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.