[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly is critical thinking and reflexivity theory bad?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Reflexivity.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Reflexivity.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
From what I've gathered, it seems that critical thinking and the theory of reflexivity is heavily criticized here, and elsewhere. What are the origins of these ideologies, and what defines them? Do you believe that they are negative influences? If so, why? I am genuinely wondering why this seems to be the main view, here. If it is not the predominant view, feel free to suggest otherwise.
>>
>>139409950
Bump
>>
>>139411582
I know that pic-related, Soros, is a really bad guy, but the ideologies are older than him, right? Who founded this whole thing, and how does it work? That's what I want to learn, to understand why it may be corrupt.
>>
>>139409950
>critical thinking is criticized here
sauce?
>>
>>139411846
As strange as it sounds, I've seen a few people comment against it here before, yes.
>>
>>139409950
It's Critical Theory.
http://www.iep.utm.edu/frankfur/
OP is a fag
>>
i was one of those people that hated critical theory and all that frankurt school shit stuff. voted for trump, most of my social views are more conservative. then i started reading nick land and realized that we're all fucked. everything that everyone is trying here is a waste of time
>>
what do you mean exactly? by "critical thinking" you're not being very specific, and nobody here would disagree with the general concept of it. if you mean "critical theory" that's something different. And by reflexivity, if you mean the economic theory associated with Soros, nobody cares about that. People complain about the destabilizing political movements they claim are funded by Soros, though I personally have never looked into that so I don't have an opinion.
>>
>>139413278
>>139413500
>>139413704
>Critical theory

That's the name, sorry for the misnomer. I thought it was called critical thinking. Anyway, very interesting replies. I hope to see more insights into this critical theory.
>>
>>139414260
respectfully, any confusion whilst typing critical thinking ought to give you an inkling to a bigger issue
>>
File: 1500719193454.jpg (134KB, 620x428px) Image search: [Google]
1500719193454.jpg
134KB, 620x428px
>>139413500
The demoralizing proccess was successful for you. Congratulations, that earns you a well deserved rope
>>
>>139414260

http://lavachequilit.typepad.com/files/deleuze-guattari---the-anti-oedipus.pdf

>>139414709

i'm black so i was getting the rope anyway
>>
>>139412028
>few people
You have everything here dipshit, including dumb flat earthers.
>>
Its essentially a marxist lens for looking at the world

ie nightmare goggles
>>
>>139415057
why'd you post The Anti Oedipus? I've heard of it and it seems interesting to me but haven't read it.
>>
>>139409950
Soros is a financial genius but I disagree with his social and political ambitions
>>
>>139409950

>critical theory=critical thinking

kill yourself you dumb nigger.
>>
>>139409950

Critical theory was developed as a way of expanding the marxist dialetical form of analysis from class consciousness to any differing identity. It was developed by crypto-Marxists during the 50s that were entrenched in the academic sphere.

Theory of Reflexivity was developed by George Soros, a philosophy doctorate who put forward his ideas but nobody liked them in academia so he applied them to the currency market and made billions and billions of dollars.

Critical theory (not 'critical thinking') is a negative influence on society because it does not allow for the existence of objective truth or morality, reducing society to a tribalistic competition for resources between 'haves' and 'have-nots'.

Theory of Reflexivity is about man's imperfect knowledge results in endless dynamic phenomenon apart from physics. What seperates Soros from the other financial demigods is that he is a philosopher first, and a financier second, and he has the power to act on beliefs.
>>
>>139409950
It shames me to think I'm on the same board with faggots who don't understand the difference between critical theory and critical thinking. That's like mixing up liberalism and liberty.
>>
>>139419993
This is the most comprehensive post, thank you!
>>
>>139414709
go outside
>>
>>139409950
I think you mean critical THEORY aka marxism
>>
>>139409950
>let's call Critical Theory critical thinking so dumb anons will make us look bad by accident

Didn't go too well for you, did it?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.