[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is college a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: university.jpg (24KB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
university.jpg
24KB, 480x351px
Is college a meme?
>>
>>139395444

Its part of the jewish system designed to enslave you.
>>
>>139395444
Nice trips, Jew, but your shill thread is still a shill thread and not fucking political.

Anyone who fails to make proper use of college deserves to fail. How dare they not have their shit together? Toughen up, smarten up and get to work. Or KYS, IDGAF.
>>
>>139395444
Other than STEM, yes, it's a waste of time and money.
>>
>>139395444

only reason for college

medicine,
science,
technology,
engineering,
accounting,
law or
business.

the rest of it is a meme.
>>
>>139396618
>accounting,
>law or
>business.
if you are low iq or have rich parents, but those 2 come together often
>>
>>139395997
>>139396618

What they said, get a real degree or become a meme with a 60-100k debt.
>>
College was originally meant for rich kids to make connections with other rich kids. It was hardly about education.

Liberals, with their terribly bad understanding of statistics and their unrivalled ability to perform mental gymnastics, thought that because rich kids who went to college end up making more money than a poor kid who worked a trade, it was the "obviously" the college degree that is the reason for the earnings gap.

I mean, it couldn't have possibly been because rich kid had a rich daddy and hooked him up with a sweet gig at wall st. No, it was obviously due to the rich kid studying Ancient Greek homosexuality and sodomy techniques that led to his prestigious job.
>>
>>139395997
STEM or Business (especially Accounting/Finance)
>>
>>139395444
Yes and no.

Without it, you won't get anywhere if you are not some super genius inventor or a brave hard working, clever entrepreneur.

With it you have just joined another class of idiots fighting eachother to get close to the top.

Better to have it though than not.

Go to a state school, don't study something retarded, study on your own after school work is done. Take initiative and work to pay off school, take as little loans as possible. Then when you need a Masters, try to go to a good school.
>>
>>139395444
I'm in college. Ask me anything?
>>
File: jerry sandusky.jpg (48KB, 858x665px) Image search: [Google]
jerry sandusky.jpg
48KB, 858x665px
>>139395444
If you're doing a STEM degree or doing something that requires professional school -- MBA, JD, MD, etc -- then you can make something good out of it as long as you play your cards right.
>>
>>139395444
Yes
>>
>>139399807
whats your major kid
>>
College is as much of a meme as the course you attend. Meme degrees make college a meme.
>>
>>139400248
Baking and Pastry Management

I choose it for a reason.
>>
>>139395444
>is college a meme
No. There are a lot of very smart, very knowledgable people there who will pass on their knowledge to you. There are also immense libraries filled with books on every subject and sub-subject imaginable. If you drift aimlessly through college like most do, yes, it will have been a waste of time. If you go there to learn and interact with smart people (even many professors at shit-tier state schools are deadly smart and immensely knowledgable), you can learn a lot about a particular subject. Does a particular degree guarantee value in the job market? No. Not even STEM degrees guarantee employment in your desired field (I have a bachelor's in physics, and now own a business unrelated to STEM).
>>
Absolutely a meme. A higher salary, they said.

Here I am, $8,500 in debt, and only making $52,500 a year!
>>
File: IMG_1591.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1591.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>139395444
This is the first half of a letter I sent to my friend in the army today.

The place is pretty meme tier desu, thinking I might cut my losses, drop out after the semester and go into trade
>>
>>139395444
Depends on country and degree
>>
>>139400981
You realize median per capita income in the U.S. is around $25k right? You are making a much higher salary than if you only had a high school degree. Did you think a degree would guarantee you a baller six figure lifestyle? You're a mid-tier pleb. Be thankful.
>>
Only if you're there to look for easy answers and you really don't know what to do in life.

Especially a lot of this stuff in liberal arts, this is the problem. Professors in my classes are often dealing with passive students that almost seem to expect all the answers, this is bad. Professors are designed to teach people to question narratives and here you have a bunch of sad sacks often just sittin there

It makes perfect sense, why people are so easily manipulated through all the shit we see through at /pol/ here, the damn students are often just sitting there expecting answers.

Of course I dont expect this to always be the case in all institutions and programs, but ive noticed this in some of my classes for my socio-legal studies portion of my degree, and it grinds my gears - /rant over
>>
>>139400402
As a hobby or if you can start your own business, then, that's great.
>>
>>139401084
>that fucking letter
I want Reddit to leave
>>
>>139402151
University used to be designed for the cream of the crop. Only the top 20% went to college. Now everyone goes to college. The public school system deludes every student into believing they're university material. The standards in public schools have slowly declined to accomodate the ideal that every student can be a high achiever. Now college classrooms are filled with dull lazy students who work just hard enough to show up to class and just smart enough to turn in something resembling a completed assignment. Over the years, the average student was dumber and lazier, the standards slipped a bit year by year, the student body grew requiring more professors, so lower-tier professors had to be hired, lowering the standards further, and this gradual self-reinforcing process has resulted in the current state of higher education in the U.S.
>>
File: math-man.jpg (24KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
math-man.jpg
24KB, 400x267px
>>139396618
>not listing mathematics
>Ph.D. in Math
>any job I want
>$300k starting
>>
>>139403504
Fuck you cunt
>>
>>139401084

4chan overdose
>>
>>139404187
One letter he sent to mewent something like:
>my patience for niggers continues to decrease and my alliegience to Hitler continues to increase....
And then he went on about Soy
>>
>>139395444
>Is college a meme?

College being a meme is basically a meme.

There's still plenty of money to be made in STEM, medicine, Law, accounting, engineering, economics, finance, public policy, and government. Don't disparage the value of a university education when nearly all of the higher paying professions require a college degree. Even some of the people I know with philosophy degrees got good paying gigs at SV startups
>>
>>139396618
Why not pharmacy ?
>>
>>139395444
No, i can't even begin to state how important it was for my life, but then again I paid something like 3k euro for it. If I had to shill 300k I'd pass.
>>
>>139399490
This, but not a meme MBA...must be specific aspect of business, accountancy, Finance, Supply Chain, Info systems. and STEM must have real world and usable applications. No one gives a shit about marine biologists, but petroleum engineering is good
>>
>>139395444
Medicine, science, technology, math, usually not a waste.

Gender studies and humanities in general, yes, it's a bad idea.
>>
>>139404826
I think MBA could be pretty flexible since you can get a job at a variety of different places.
>>
>>139395444
its a place where women go to meet guys, nothing else
>>
>>139395444
Graduated in Summer 2016 with a BSc Mathematics, spent a year working in a bar looking for decent graduated work but it didn't happen. Returning to university to study for an MSc in Big Data and AI. What do you lot think?
>>
>>139405043
/thread
>>
Yes, but I get paid to go to college, so at this point, I don't care.
>>
>>139395444
Working on my philosophy major. Will become a CEO and become rich. /pol/ is just jelly
>>
>>139405170
>Returning to university to study for an MSc in Big Data and AI. What do you lot think?

That's a good plan. The people I know with a big data skillset have recruiters knocking on their door 24/7.
>>
>>139398249
>Or have rich parents

Found the poorfag
>>
>>139405772
That's what I'm thinking. Not arsed about earning megabucks just want to be sure I'll have a decent, consistent income in an interesting field.
>>
Is computer science good?
>>
>>139406818
That's good stuff IMO, if you can get into programming or IT, you shouldn't have trouble finding good paying work desu
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.