[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ugh why?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: ugh why.png (416KB, 1205x539px) Image search: [Google]
ugh why.png
416KB, 1205x539px
why does my biology textbook have to delve into 'gender studies'? why?

I mean unless its about that weird species of fish then 'okay' I guess

and I'm really looking forward to taking this class too.
>>
>>139390590
Drop out
>>
>>139390590
>buying text books
uh, why? Either pirate them or make some friends and ask around for a pirated copy. There's literally zero reason to buy textbooks until you're in your senior year and in very specialized classes....
>>
>>139391729
This.
Xerox it. I saved literally thousands.
>>
>>139390590
Accelerationism, bro.

When your biology professor starts talking about the sex chromosomes, pretend like you're a triggered SJW and lambast him for using outdated patriarchal terms like "male" and "female"
>>
>>139391729
sounds like a plan
>>
>>139392293
There are tons of groups on FB and shit dedicated to digital copies of books. Just ask the guy next to you if he has one, chances are he does or knows other people who have a digital copy. If you get desperate get on canvas or blackboard or whatever your college uses and send out an email to everyone asking about the digital version.
>>
>>139393026
I actually found a site with this one, I'll ask in my other classes
>>
$156 for a Kindle download. What a fucking gyp.
>>
>>139390590
I read "sex", not "gender".
What the hell are you ranting about?
Maybe you should actually open that book once in a while
>>
>>139390590
>by Lisa
>Lisa
dropped
>>
don't read science books by women
>>
>>139390590

>160

No fucking way
>>
>>139390590
Sex is not binary. That is a fact. We used to think that but now we now about gonadal mosaicism. Things like Klienfelters and Turner Syndrome (XXY and X_) respectively have versions where a patient is mosaic (Some cells are XXY and others XY, or the same for X_ and XX). This is a fact and is what your book is talking about. It's not gender studies you illiterate faggot.
>>
>>139390590
There's literally nothing biological about this bullshit gender studies stuff.

You are literally either born with a body of a male, one in which the shoulders broaden and you have a penis and prostate, or you are born in a body of a female, where you develop wider hips, breasts, and have ovaries, etc.

The only exclusion for this and the only people to this day that I say have any right to be "confused" about their gender is hermaphrodites, as they are born with sexual organs of both females and males. Such people truly do not have the luxury of fully claiming one gender, as they, BIOLOGICALLY, have traits of which could distinguish them as either side.

The gender studies situation and special snowflakes wanting to "identify as demi-kiin fox astral non-gender bi-fluid" have daddy issues, mental disorders, abusive parents, and/or are just crying for attention.
>>
>>139394266
you must be knew

learn the difference between sex and gender before trying to participate
>>
>>139394203
those are irregularities. if they are trying to push them as "normal" then that's fucked up. They way the paragraph is worded, that's how it looks to be doing.
>>
>>139394442
No. It's not. It's talking about sex determination and mitochondrial disorders. These are genetic topics based on abnormalities.
>>
File: 1503715593700.jpg (865KB, 1324x920px) Image search: [Google]
1503715593700.jpg
865KB, 1324x920px
>>139390590
i have the 2017 edition. i can send you a pizzafile link (p2p via webrowser) in a few minutes if you want anon
>>
>>139394442
>chromosomal aberrations
>normal
Yeah, they're trying to clarify that meaning.
>>
>>139394641
>Chapters 14 and 15 are (((more inclusive))), clarifying that sex is no longer thought to be simply binary.
>more inclusive
>normal
>no longer simply binary

those genetic syndromes have been known for a long time, it's not new. Shit it's been known for over 2 generations. So why include "no longer..." Your devil's advocate isn't working.
>>
>>139395259
And before those 2 generations? You fucking idiot. That means "no longer." Medicine has a 5000 year history. Not 2 generations worth. 2000 years ago they thought the "humors" were the core of biology and health. But we NO LONGER think that to be the case. I'm not playing Devil's Advocate. I'm telling you you're retarded.
>>
>>139390590
Here ya go:
Michael L. Cain, Steven A. Wasserman et al. - Campbell Biology - 2017

https://file.pizza/beans-jalapeno-bacon-carrot
>>
>>139394641
Then they should work the term 'sideshow exhibition' into there somewhere to make it clear.
>>
>>139397312
I'm thinking that they're assuming the reader doesn't have downs (that's a trisomy) and so can read and comprehend at a 5th grade level.
>>
>>139393566
are you trying to make some point, ignorant faggot?
>>
>>139394203
you don't know what you're talking about, nigger
>>
>>139398059
Yeah, I was wondering where the "gender" part was.
I guess he was simply dreaming.
Or don't tell me, you actually mistook "sex" for "gender"?
>>
>>139398526
stupid wop you don't know what "sex" or "gender" means.
>>
>>139398381
Here's a (you) for trying so hard!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.