[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you live a moral life without being religious? Why? Why not?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 42

File: nice asian.jpg (76KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
nice asian.jpg
76KB, 600x800px
Can you live a moral life without being religious?

Why? Why not?
>>
only if youre redpilled to the point you can see corruption of society
>>
Nice left titty but what is the name of dis bitch?

Reverse search failed me
>>
>>139382370
The blue hair ruins it.
>>
>>139382370
boobs
>>
File: 289.jpg (20KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
289.jpg
20KB, 387x461px
Religion supplies you with a moral code with regards to living your life

While you can have your own morals and be a good individual, the purpose of a religion is to have your society adhere to these outlined morals as to keep a tightly-knit community and to keep it from being subverted from the outside.

So yes, you can live a moral life without strictly adhering to a specific religion's morals, you just slightly fracture society that small bit more when you choose to do so. Considering that religious morals usually hit all the most important stuff (murder, rape, thievery, etc) there is no real point to not subscribe to a religion because of that.
>>
>>139382370
Yes, religion is a moral crutch for people with no self control. It's perfectly possible to think it's wrong to murder someone without having the fear of being ass rape by pure fire for all eternity touted over your head.
>>
>>139382370
No, because your morals are subject to change. Morality without authority is meaningless.
>>
>>139382370
`>religion == morality

are you a retard?
of course
>>
>>139382370
repost
>>
>>139382370
No, how would you know what you're doing is right or wrong.
>>
>>139382370
I can't. Asian women.
>>
>>139382370
worth
>>
Read some Kant bro
>>
>>139382370
Yes.

True morality is knowing what right and wrong is without needing to be told or threatened(dur ur gonna go to hell).
>>
>>139382370
Sure you can.
I'd even go as far as to say that living a moral and righteous life without the fear of post-mortem consequences is even more moral than normal religious lives.
Religion is a good tool to help weak willed people, though, and that's a good thing.
It's bad just when it's used as a weapon to judge others and feel superior.
>>
>>139382370
>Can you live a moral life without being religious?
>Why?
Because I want to.

The same reason people go to church, and adhere to its precepts. Because they want to. Or they feel that doing so makes them feel like they belong.

I don't need to feel like I belong. But I do want to live in a community that values ethical conduct. So I live by the same ethical/moral conduct that I would want others to follow.

It's not complicated.
>>
>>139382370
b o o o b s
>>
>>139382370
replying so my mother doesnt die
did anyone else see the text on the right boob?
>>
>>139382370
It's obvious they are not related. Law > religion. Always was and always will be
>>
>>139382370
I wish I could be as pretty as her.
>>
>>139382370
sure, if you admit that the only reason to be moral is societal

Why shouldn't you commit a crime if it is the perfect crime and you're the only one who knows about it and don't feel guilty about it?
>>
I swear you people are retarded. Religion is derived from morality, not the other way around.
>>
>>139382370
>what is fear of the consequences

if its something that isn't illegal than it can't be all that bad. fuck unnecessary restrictions
>>
>>139382370
give the name of the girl you shitskin
>>
File: Screenshot_20170828-134345.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170828-134345.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>139383702
>>
File: A Very Gallant Gentleman.jpg (66KB, 1024x596px) Image search: [Google]
A Very Gallant Gentleman.jpg
66KB, 1024x596px
>>139382370
>Why
Becase people are capable of good things and its not hard to find some one whom is true to his values even if they are not religious.

Though a 100% atheist/agnostic society would be a mess

>Why not
Because most people are literally braindead and cant even life a respectful life without the thread of going to hell on every turn. Even so they fail to keep on the word of their own phrophet and become massive degenerates even if they are religious folk

Pic semi related.
>>
File: brain meme.jpg (81KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
brain meme.jpg
81KB, 500x520px
>>139382370
>>
File: 1391732120286.jpg (30KB, 327x323px) Image search: [Google]
1391732120286.jpg
30KB, 327x323px
>>139382370
Being religious is like buying a PC while having your own moral code is like building one. The prebuilt one has set specifications (which could be good or bad) while a custom build could end up being the same, inferior or greater than a prebuild, it depends on who builds it and how knowledgeable they are on the subject.
>>
>>139384773
live*
>>
File: IMG_0871.jpg (229KB, 500x860px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0871.jpg
229KB, 500x860px
>>139382370
> pic
>>
>>139382370
loser.
>>
>>139382370
mods mods mods
ban, sage, report
>>
>>139384761
Don't tell me what to do.
>>
>>139382370
cunt
>>
>>139382370
The vast, vast majority can't. Good example: /pol/, and all the Raskolnikov-wannabes in this thread. It isn't categorically true, but it is effectually.
>>
>>139382370
you know that it's possible to follow the moral teachings of the Bible without believing in God
The only part you can't do is to believe in God which he tells you to do, but you can do everything else just fine
>>
>>139382370

You don't need to believe in magical sky daddy to have a sense of right/wrong. Society has laws based on our morals, religion is not needed anymore.
>>
>>139384095
That's not morality though. Without some external force your morality is just convenience. Its possible to behave like a moral person without a religion, but as soon as its convenient for you to go back on your 'morals' you'll do it and make up excuses as to why murder is morally right.
>>
>>139385186
This
>>
>>139382370
nice tits.
>>
I like the religion, went to a good church, became a confirmed member, turns out I don't have faith. The rest of it makes for good morals.
>>
>>139385307
>Without some external force your morality is just convenience.
But being moral/a good person is the exact opposite of convenience since you are missing out on opportunities for self-advancement in every area of your life.
>>
Is that Harriet Sugarcookie?
>>
No because not believing in God is going against his plan, which is by definition immoral.
Checkmate atheist cum.
>>
>>139385963
>not believing is God is immoral because he said so
not an argument
>>
>>139382370
boobs
>>
Morality is subjective. What some find good others see as evil. Science holds the key to stability.

The universe seeks equilibrium. Everything good from your perspective will be balanced by an equal amount of evil. If you want stability you will try to be neither good nor evil. Being good is evil. Be neutral. If you do a good deed, do it for selfish reasons. Balance.
>>
>>139382370
Any sane and rational person simply cannot accept objective morality without some kind of adjunct faith in inescapable consequences.

It's simply too easy to control people with evil. An 8 year old knows as much.
>>
>>139382370
you can be religious without believing in god
how can you be moral without knowing whats right or wrong?
some people say "common sense" but my common sense tells me that i should destroy those who oppose a threat to my genes.
>>
>>139387172
pose*
>>
>>139382370
Fuck
>>
I think doing what is good for yourself, your family and your people without harming others is moral
>>
>>139385307
>That's not morality though. Without some external force your morality is just convenience. Its possible to behave like a moral person without a religion, but as soon as its convenient for you to go back on your 'morals' you'll do it and make up excuses as to why murder is morally right.

Because people that follow religions never violate religious codes of morality.
>>
>>139386519
Fuck your retarded speach. Of course good exist, and evil.

Moral is not subjective, a nation without official morality is degenerate.
>>
>>139387883
if though that by this moment its already obvious that the great majority of "religious" people follow their religion out of divine fear, they dont understand the greater purpose of a holy book
>>
>>139382370
no, without God, all is permissible
>>
>>139382370
Suck my Danish dick
>>
>>139388399
>he needs someone to tell him what's righteous and what's degeneracy
What a fucking loser.
>>
>>139382370
Fuknig cunt!
>>
>>139382370
Why not?
>>
>>139382370
yes. in all things destroy ego
>>
People misunderstand why religious morality is needed.
People as a whole just want what's better for themselves, which translates to behaviours that are detrimental to society as a whole.

But with religion you keep all classes in check. In a society without morality, the lower you go in classes, the more trouble you found. But with religion the influence gets stronger the lower you go, and and weaker the higher you go. So you have a high class with low crime unaffected by religion, and a low class with high crime that's heavily affected by religion.

It's en equalizer.
Having religion around puts up limits and makes it easier to control the population. Which I'm sure looks like an evil thing to you AnCaps on your first class of Philosophy I, but it's actually the best system for humanity to exist in, on average.

So yes, religion is a good thing to have.
And I'm saying this as an atheist.
>>
>>139388399
>no, without God, all is permissible
Only if you are inherently an immoral person.
>>
>>139382370
No, because works without faith are both imperfect and unjustified.
>>
>>139382370

devious, but you got me

how dare you use tits as bait
>>
>>139388320
Isn't that the point? Call me a cynic but I don't think Christianity would have taken off as a world religion is divine fear wasn't build into it. Forgiveness of sin and inclusivity for all are two other big factors that contributed to its raising position but not as much as divine fear I think.
>>
>>139382370
yes

because you define the morality, morality does not define you. There is no objective reality.
>>
>>139382370
Yes.

Humans possess the ability to behave morally without believing in fairy tales.
>>
>>139382370
Yes
>>
>>139388557
Yeah, because our societies are veering on such a righteous, non-degenerate course since the abandonment of God.
>>
>>139389105
With no god there is no free will.
Without free will, morality is a meaningless concept.
>>
>>139389283
pretty much, but for certain type of people, those with an iq high enough to see the disaster that a society without a moral code to keep the animal at bay, for them god is irrelevant.
>>
>>139382370
Of course
>>
>>139389406
>fairy tales
The foundations of our civilization aren't fairy tales you nog.
>>
>>139382370
Post more
>>
>>139384775
This. Churches are a good source of community and Christianity is a good moral base regardless of whether you actually literally believe in it or not. It needs spread and supported.
>>
>>139382370
Yes but damned if I know how if you don't have a strong family to instil those values.
I'm an atheist but my parents gave me the values without the religion.
>>
>>139382370
only feminist id fuck
>>
>>139382370
She's cute but that pig nose really bugs me.
>>
>>139382370
Nigeria national
>>
>>139382370
SAGE
>>
>>139390093
Yes they are you turbo nigger. Are you saying you believe every explanation humans came up with 2000+ years ago?

How is rubbing literal shit into your wounds in order to dissuade the presence of the ghosts that lead to infection going for you?
>>
File: Norton.jpg (43KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Norton.jpg
43KB, 500x600px
>>139382370
If you prove there is no God, There will be lots of dead antifa faggots.
>>
>>139391380
Let me reroll that one for kek.
>>
File: Meoneday.jpg (67KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
Meoneday.jpg
67KB, 500x625px
>>139382370
Yes, however most people are degenerate enough that they need the threat of hell to keep them from degenerating into savages. If an atheist/agnostic person can recognize and appreciate that our values are derived from religion then they can live a moral life.

Unfortunately the sexual revolution has caused more and more people believe that they get to go heaven just because they "have faith" in God's existence. Even worse, many atheists believe that in abandoning the idea of God we must abandon his teachings, they think that secularization means anarchy. These two trends combined create a world where people simply don't care to lead moral lives, either because they don't think they need to or because they think it casts off the yoke of religion.
>>
No - morality isn't tangible.
>>
>>139389940
True, I think Christianity as a whole has a positive impact if not taken to extreme ends. I have been to remote villages and see how a community congregates and communes and rejoices during mass and church events. My problem doesn't lie with the religion but with the church because it, like any other institution that grows in power and wealth, always inevitably turns against the core moral values they preach.

With full knowledge I can only speak for the Orthodox church of Greece (but from what I am seeing Catholics aren't better) but it is a corrupt and money hungry organization filled with literal fags with no sense of right or wrong, the exception being the hermits over at Holy Mountain (Mount Athos in English).
>>
>>139382370
lol
>>
File: Nietzsche-274x300.jpg (26KB, 274x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche-274x300.jpg
26KB, 274x300px
>>139382370
Yes, but you still need faith.

From Nietzsche, The Gay Science
>How we, too, are still pious .— In science convictions have no rights of citizenship, as one says with good reason. Only when they decide to descend to the modesty of hypotheses, of a provisional experimental point of view, of a regulative fiction, they may be granted admission and even a certain value in the realm of knowledge—though always with the restriction that they remain under police supervision, under the police of mistrust. —But does this not mean, if you consider it more precisely, that a conviction may obtain admission to science only when it ceases to be a conviction? Would it not be the first step in the discipline of the scientific spirit that one would not permit oneself any more convictions? Probably this is so; only we still have to ask: To make it possible for this discipline to begin , must there not be some prior conviction—even one that is so commanding and unconditional that it sacrifices all other convictions to itself? We see that science also rests on a faith; there simply is no science “without presuppositions.” The question whether truth is needed must not only have been affirmed in advance, but affirmed to such a degree that the principle, the faith, the conviction finds expression: “Nothing is needed more than truth, and in relation to it everything else has only second-rate value.”

Once you realize that science and other "objective" philosophies are nonetheless predicated upon some set of basic convictions -- upon faith -- the following becomes apparent: Rather than you find morality by submitting to religion, you impose morality by your own basic convictions. My morality is in my disgust for decadence and resentment, and my love for strength and active will.
>>
>>139382370
Yes, but it requires a high IQ to see the importance in morality to keep society together. Religion is for the low IQ masses that can't see this and needs someone to tell them that something is wrong
>>
Sort of
>>
Being religion doesn't guarantee a "moral life", y'know.

People sin. It's just part of human nature.
>>
>>139382370
I agree with Machiavelli. It's an active hindrance to the efficacy of the state apparatus but it's necessary for a cohesive and happy populace. The lemmings need their opium.
>>
File: noobnoob.jpg (13KB, 271x277px) Image search: [Google]
noobnoob.jpg
13KB, 271x277px
what have i done
>>
>>139385307
>Without some external force your morality is just convenience
what happened to concepts of honor?
>>
File: 1501490434105.jpg (10KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
1501490434105.jpg
10KB, 241x209px
also nice tits
>>
n o.
>>
File: god has abandoned us.jpg (22KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
god has abandoned us.jpg
22KB, 400x289px
>>139384072
>existence of islam
>"religion supplies moral code"
>>
All morals come from religious texts and thinkers. So if you are an atheist following moral codes based on religious morality you are cucking yourself. Atheists are degenerates who are not compatible with righteous morality.
>>
>>139391576
yeah, the church has been shooting themselves at the foot for a long time already, they have a lot of the blame for the degeneracy of the modern times, they allowed themselves to lose the moral high ground by becoming a corporate business and not excommunicating pedophiles.
>>
File: 1494137071428.jpg (108KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494137071428.jpg
108KB, 800x800px
No.

Religion is a testament and a description to the human morailty. It was born out of and molded by it.
That's like saying I abide the law but I disagree with what's written in it.

No. No you don't.
>>
File: Perfect.jpg (1MB, 2800x2173px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect.jpg
1MB, 2800x2173px
if you are an atheist, then you effectively believe their is nothing aside from energy and matter, the ultimate form of nihilism. if nothing matters, then any moral code you claim is feigned, and easily broken when it is convenient. true morals are given by religion and enforced by faith.
>>
>>139382370
Nice tits
>>
>>139396548
nobody chooses to be an atheist nigger, the only ones who do so are edgy teens in a rebellious phase, logical reasoning is enough to slowly make people realize the fable of god.
>>
Depends on the person really. From what I have seen some people really need religion or a group to be with or else they get self-destructive. For other people I think that they should stay away from groups all together because they will be radicalized no matter what religion they join. Then there are people like me who do not care at all for groups and are fine the way we are.
>>
>>139382370
There can be ways, yes, but human beings need to develop the fear for the everwatching.

It can be fear of God, who will punish you if you do something bad.
It can be the fear of CCTVs, who will get you arrested if you do something bad.
It could be having an ever present mother at home that would spank you if she catched you doing something bad.

But if you develop the "it's only bad if I get caught" mentality then you're gone. Your morals are shit.
You'll cheat on your partner, you will only work when the boss is looking, you will only do good deeds when you can tell or show people about it, etc.
>>
>>139382370
Religion works for those reliant on reciprocity like women where morality or ethics HAVE to be rewarded and concepts like Civic duty, efficiency or objective ethics go by the wayside.

You don't clean up your area at work because you'll be rewarded with heaven you do it because it's logical and maintains order. Take it to the next level in regards to sentient suffering and you can easily have an ethical code that doesn't require reciprocity but respects the idea of reducing said suffering.
>>
fuck you
>>
>>139382370
(you)
>>
>>139382370
fuck
>>
File: 1502408204240.jpg (8KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
1502408204240.jpg
8KB, 250x209px
>>139382370
>>
>>139382370
Sure, develop a set of morals and a set of beliefs that enable them. Then vigorously argue that you haven't simply constructed your own religion and are in denial about it.
This is about semantics, not politics: sage.
>>
>>139382370
fuck you
>>
>>139382370
i love u mommy
>>
>>139382370
I can acknowledge that judeo/christian morals has formed the greatest societies ever seen and willingly abide by these morals while rejecting the God that supposedly formed them.
>>
>>139382370
Fuck off and sauce?
>>
>>139382370
If you think morals can be derived from nature, then your wrong. rape and murder are pretty well accepted in nature.

At the very least you have to accept that religion was what provided the support for people to be moral, through fear basically.

in fact, with the rise of atheism we seem to be suffering from a rapid collapse in morals, unless you seem to think that leftists are more holy than conservatives?
>>
>>139384072
I generally live by the moral code in the bible and think its a good thing, I just don't believe in the big guy.
>>
>>139400460
You're just ignoring that humans are different from animals.

Rape and Murder are prohibited to some degree by all cultures throughout history.
>>
>>139382370
WOW you bastard, for those wondering, that's Harriet Sugarcookie.
>>
>>139382370
I think the right way to resolve the is-ought problem is to propose that there is no purpose to morality, it's just a system that has evolved. You can say that self interest and species interest are at the root of how things become moral and immoral, but the way it actually works in practice is deontological.

What is right and wrong is arbitrary, but it's also necessary and important, and we can reason about our moral primitives and we can even seek moral systems which are better in line with things we know to be valuable such as what's best for everyone, and what's best for the future.
>>
>>139382370
Absolutely, but most people do not practice what they preach, or have the self control to do it
>>
>>139390192
>morality is tied to fucking building

Why do americans have such low IQ?
>>
>>139383657
I came into this thread and it was the very first post.
Religious or irreligious isn't even what matters. People need to be of a mind to find what worked in civilization.
>>
>>139382370
Nagger
>>
>>139382370

Can I? Sure.

Can just anyone? I'm not certain about that.
>>
File: 1497249612609.jpg (53KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
1497249612609.jpg
53KB, 660x440px
>>139382370
Things I would do to that girl and those titties.
>>
>>139382370
get banned faggot
>>
>>139384435
You just saved me from writing a paragraph.

Completley agree.
>>
>>139401568
> Rape and Murder are prohibited to some degree by all cultures throughout history.

Religious belief funnily enough was practised by almost all cultures throughout history...
>>
>>139382370
>>139384886
this desu
>>
>>139393382
Morals are not "Good and Bad"

One society's Morals can appear completely unfounded to another. I do not respect Islam's morals, but to Muslims those are their morals and they live by them.
>>
>>139384072
>>139384435
>>139384775
>>139389058
THIS. THIS. THIS. AND THIS.

Religion is a tool for uniting society. You don't have to use it, but you must recognize it's value.
>>
>>139384825
The problem is that, in building your own, you're liable to find out too late that it works with an entirely different set of protocols from everyone else's, rendering it incommunicable to others (i.e. autistic). Better to use the common cultural operating system as a base, reappropriating and reinterpreting as necessary to make it work for you.
>>
>>139382370
Not really. I just hate modern evangelicals. I'm not religious but I respect other people who are, unless they start impeding the rights of others.
>>
>>139382370
tits tits tits tits
>>
>>139382370
yes, because morality is relative to your own personal beliefs. religion can certainly help guide those beliefs, but a person who doesn't antagonize others, helps their fellow man, and lives humbly is just as moral as someone who does all that but also believes in a diety
>>
>>139382370
I knew what was written in the corner, but I needed to click anyways
>>
>>139382370
How many DGB for one week with her alone in my basement?
>>
>>139382370
titties
>>
>>139383766
That's definitely a wig.
>>
>>139382370
I want to molest those tits
>>
>>139403552
Well fine, but you're just playing with the definition of religion at that point.

If all you need to be moral is SOME religion, ANY religion, you're just fudging the definition of religion to include whatever the society's default value structure is.
>>
>>139382370

Everyone is religious, the political left more so than the right.

The left merely replaced Christianity with anthropogenic global warming mythology & neo-Marxism. Being white is their Original Sin.
>>
>>139382370
So long as you're not a communist/antifa nigger, then yes.
>>
File: biblical ways to kill children.jpg (119KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
biblical ways to kill children.jpg
119KB, 720x540px
>>139388181
>Moral is not subjective, a nation without official morality is degenerate.
All morality is made up by men. Even the religious will tell you that their morals were written down by men, but then they add the fairy tale bit that they were "inspired"

So when the theists claim their morality is objective, they are lying to you. Inventing gods and pretending their gods are the enforcers of the morals is highly immoral.

The other way we can tell religious morals are subjective is that (1) there have been many gods, many religions and many morals systems. If there was just one god, how many moral systems would there actually be? How many religions, for that matter? And (2) the Abrahamic morals enshrined slavery, prostitution, sexual slavery, bride price, polygamy, etc. Children are put to death for refusing to honor their parents, or have mother bears eat them for making fun of bald guys. You go straight to hell for eating shrimp. Shrimp, ffs.

What's that you say? The prohibition on shrimp was lifted? A moral system that changes on a whim to meet the demands of society sounds like a relative moral system, not a truly objective one.
>>
>>139382370
We had this exact thread earlier faggot, go to sleep
>>
>>139382370
I try to already.
8/10, would bang.
>>
File: 1503698240924.jpg (35KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503698240924.jpg
35KB, 480x640px
>>139382370
Certaintly, faggots and social enemies went into bogs in ancient Germania.
>>
No. We've seen society without religion.
>LET THEM IN screamers letting rapefugees flow over the borders
>37 genders
>transgender bathrooms
>fedora tipping cringe shit
>>
>>139382370
>>139384072
>>139384072

of course, you can live a moral life without religion. religion is nothing more than ethics with a divine authority to trick all the retards into doing the good things without having hurt their little brains regarding the complex lessons as to why x is good.

morality comes before religion doofus.
>>
>>139401097
This. I agree absolutely with the moral tenets of the Bible, but I cant fathom a God running all this shit. I take the Bible as a book of stories that provide moral lessons to be heeded, but not worshiped, for at the end of day it was written by men and no man is perfect, right?
>>
>>139410422
That is marxism not non abrqhamic belief, those things are the same as judaism both coming from same source certaintly.doewnt.come from goyim.
>>
>>139382370
>Right tit
>>
>>139410565
Semantics. All the same, bro.
>>
Religion is completely unnecessary for morals, whether on an individual basis or societal basis. Additionally, religion is detrimental because it replaces critical thought with unthinking servitude, which will eventually backfire when you become unable to adapt to new situations or a changing world.

Religion is the last cancer of society.
>>
>>139382370
Yea no
>>
>>139410773
Marxism invented by Jews, Christianity served its purpose in weakening the Goyim so the Jew may dominate, now Marxism serves the same purpose.
>>
>>139402283
>churches are nothing but a building

Finns everyone
>>
>>139382370
I consider myself moral and I'm not religious. I do acknowledge that Christianity has done way more good than harm and, for the average person, it probably helps a lot to keep them in line. I personally don't feel like I need to believe in Santa Claus not to rob or murder people, though, but I'd believe it if the average person did, because people are not inherently good.
>>
File: beavis-butthead-mtv.jpg (35KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
beavis-butthead-mtv.jpg
35KB, 420x280px
>>139391978
huhuhhrr gay science
>>
>>139411407
>christianity
>done good
Only if you are a chosen.

Pre Christianity Chosen served Goyim post Christianity Goyim.served Chosen.
>>
>>139382370
The question is about standards that require respect. >>139383657 doesn't get it because 'degeneracy' and 'progress' are defined by the goal or target. So if you want a more solipsistic reality, Virtual Reality machines are progress. If you want decent family life, they are degeneracy.

Christian morality is tied to Logos. It's what built the pre-ww2 civilization in the west.
>>
>>139382370
Secular ethics are trash and fall apart.
>>
File: Christ_79377d_5948066.jpg (55KB, 680x451px) Image search: [Google]
Christ_79377d_5948066.jpg
55KB, 680x451px
>>139382370
No. The reason is obvious.
>>
>>139411774
Humans have innate values take your kike shit and get the fuck out.
>>
>>139408894
>Matthew 18:6 is about killing children
LMAO not even a Christcuck but at least read the book you're criticizing, you dumb nigger.
>>
>>139411728
Fool. Jews had control over many Roman senators pre-Christ. After Christ Romans destroyed the jewish religion and infrastructure, their tribes, their lineages. The Jews don't even have their own names!

Who can serve a nameless whore? Nobody. Instead anybody can ruin their health with one.
>>
>>139382370
>>
>>139411906
Explain please. I am a faggot (as in an idiot)
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-28-20-33-35.png (136KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-28-20-33-35.png
136KB, 720x1280px
>>139412051
>Jews conttol of Romans
When a Goyim.nation opposed the Chosen what did the Goyim mind slaves do?
They fought the Goyim who choose to not serve.
>>
File: 1422833828759.png (114KB, 533x541px) Image search: [Google]
1422833828759.png
114KB, 533x541px
>>139412256
Only a retard would ask such a question. It is impossible to be moral without God.
>>
>>139411990
World view and culture changes that, though. General rules exist, like marriage, don't kill arbitrarily, don't lie etc. However, world view can dehumanize groups (like Slavs, goyim etc.) so that you can kill them arbitrarily, or lie to them, or not pay to them. Or maybe somebody just doesn't care. There's no argument for supremacy of values over none.
It's not a question of argument, though, it's about the world view and shared values. We had a civil war in this country, reds vs whites. Reds are scum. Amoral subhumans.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-28-20-36-01.png (111KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-28-20-36-01.png
111KB, 720x1280px
>>139412302
Choose Christianity if you want to be a servant, choose your folk if you want to be a master.
>>
fuuuuuu
>>
>>139382370
implying living a religious life is "normal"
>>
>>139412256
It means you need to believe a sky daddy will spank your sissy ass forever if you act like a faggot.
>>
>>139412302
>Exactly one generation length after the prophecy of Christ (40years), all of it happens
Read Cicero if you don't believe that the jews had power. Jewish revolts and fanatics made it unbearable, however.

You know what happened in Spain (Castile & Aragon) after Reconquista? What did they do to the jews? Jewish control started post-Napoleon.
>>
>>139412553
Wanting something doesn't mean getting it. Half the population in Rome was slaves.
>>
>>139382370
where does your morality come from?

if i make up my own morality then anything i do is never wrong, even if it effects others negatively it wouldn't matter because i alone constitute whats morally acceptable. seems pretty selfish
>>
>>139412816
>Exactly one generation length after the prophecy of Christ (40years), all of it happens
Kek more like exactly one minute before.
>>
>>139382370
I want to live a moral life between those tits
>>
>>139382370
Yes, morality is cultural, not based upon religion. It isn't enforced by religion either, it's enforced by the justice system, the laws. Of course, there are immoral things you can do that aren't illegal. Lying, cheating, being a drunk, but I think these are things universally immoral, and religion only helps to make you feel guilty for doing them.
>>
>>139412816
They safely protected the chosen from the Folk, normally when foreign nation angers your own you slaughter and enslave them, now they had goyim guaratee for the continuation of their nation.
>>139413013
Yes, Jewish and foreign slaves
>>
>>139382370
Probably mostly, but true courage and resolve effectively require faith in the prevalence of the Just at the end.
>>
>>139412502
Stop larping weeb
>>
>>139382370
Yes, question is to what extent you apply that morality.
>>
>>139413262
>Yes, Jewish and foreign slaves
They sold their citizenship. Many Jews bought it. Paul among them.
>They safely protected the chosen from the Folk
Well, have you seen a (((Spaniard))) problem recently? Something tells me you are a simpleton with boolean values instead of human thought.
>>
>>139413464
Yes Ive seen Jews assert their dominance over Spain with an eternal sleeper agent.
>>
>>139382370
No.
>>
File: 1928743123.jpg (344KB, 898x959px) Image search: [Google]
1928743123.jpg
344KB, 898x959px
>>139382370

you got me OP
but pic related
>>
>>139382370
No.
Only by knowingly following God's commandments coupled with the understanding that whatever God commands is the moral law can a person live morally. If you only happen to act in such a way that doesn't violate the moral law without understanding what the moral law *IS*, you're operating under false pretenses, and cannot be morally good because God is the God of Truth and does not call good anything that comes out of lies or false pretenses.
>>
>>139413620
Then you are merely seeing what you want to see.
>not remembering western civilization in the past 2 000 years in any positive light
>not remembering western civilization prior to that in any negative
You have a narrative. A clumsy narrative.
>>
>>139382370
No cause u wont have a basic moral structer for example murder of poor people coould be seen as ok to you.
>>
>>139402283
A community is tied to that building you mongoloid.
>>
>>139413938
>implying you give a fuck about poor people
>>
File: 1432422864724.png (98KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1432422864724.png
98KB, 400x400px
>>139413324
I'm not LARPing faggot. I'm informing you that if you don't believe in God, you're probably just a heathen degenerate.
>>
>>139382370
Depends if you get your morals from religion or not.
>>
>>139382370
faggot
>>
>>139382370
Only here because tits
>>
File: 1502204085329.png (503KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1502204085329.png
503KB, 960x540px
>>139382370
You should be ashamed of yourself OP
>>
>>139382370
rude
>>
>>139382370
Morality is based off religion, so no. Someone can be irreligious, but the morality of society is based off religion.
>>
>>139385927
yes
>>
Is it possible to do good without the fear of someone watching you do it? If not...
>>
>>139382370
I think religion is aimed more at nihilim than morale. A child can grow with good morals if he is brought up well,but you can never make up for the empty hole of existence without religion.
>>
>>139382370
>what is confucianism
>>
>>139382370
Choosing to do the right thing without the threat of a vindictive sand kike god is true virtue
If you need god to tell you right from wrong you're weak
>>
File: 1498613424885.png (363KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
1498613424885.png
363KB, 582x582px
>>139382370
Nice tits, but shes sortof piggish
>>
>>139382370
well I guess I have to reply to this post. fuck you faggot
>>
>>139382370
bitch
>>
>>139382370
>>
>>139382370
>Without eternal consequences, actions are ultimately meaningless.
This is the insight that leads to the abstract form of Pascal's wager. Religions and philosophies are vulgar concrete forms.
>>
File: 1430623798762.jpg (207KB, 543x671px) Image search: [Google]
1430623798762.jpg
207KB, 543x671px
>>139382370
It's quite funny that someone asked JBP this very question (an obvious attempt at trolling) during his Q&A in Lecture 5 of his Biblical Series and he absolutely destroyed the SJW that asked it. TLDR: don't be such a fucking reductionist, moron
>>
>>139391978
>Yes, but you still need faith.
"Faith" as a kind of irrational thinking to invent or discover is one thing. Faith in magical fairies and pixie dust is a complete waste of mental ability.
>>
>>139420560
>Without eternal consequences, actions are ultimately meaningless.
Nonsense. Actions can have consequences that are not other-worldly and have plenty of impact or meaning to everyone's life.
>>
File: meditations.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
meditations.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>
You can't. Look at all the kuffar around you
>>
>>139382370
Fuck, not again
>>
File: 1503879726072.jpg (39KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
1503879726072.jpg
39KB, 492x388px
>>139410470
>morality comes before religion do of us

I don't think you understand humankind or morality.
>>
>>139382370
Reminder there's no way to rationally derive morality and all normativity is subjective by nature.
>>
>>139423857

morality has to precede the other no matter how simple or relative the principle.
>>
File: a2dWWyD_700b.jpg (63KB, 700x932px) Image search: [Google]
a2dWWyD_700b.jpg
63KB, 700x932px
>>139382370
Living a life of virtue is entirely different to being a moral or ethical person.
Neither really needs to adhere to one dogma or another in order to be followed.
If you feel the need to follow a religion you should separate that from whether you chose to have morals and stick to them.
>>
>>139382370
Fuck you OP
>>
>>139382370
fuck you
>>
>>139382370
Not an intellectually honest one no
>>
>>139382370
universally preferable behavior

also fuck you
>>
>>139382370
oh
>>
>>139382370
No, because atheists deny the possibility of moral agency.
>>
>>139382370
With boobs like that religion is dead to me.
>>
>>139383766
Yes
>>
>>139382370
Yes if you're not a brainlet
Unfortunately, society is full of brainlets and we're seeing the consequences of them not being religious.
>>
File: kill to death.png (244KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
kill to death.png
244KB, 500x276px
>>139408894
>kill with "death"
>>
Sounds like a bunch of spooks.
>>
>>139382370
Fag
>>
>>139382370
>>
Morality is whatever succeeds in nature. The universe is in a constant state of war. Everything, even done to the molecular level, is trying to take what it wants and assert itself as the more dominant force. By waging war and taking, one shapes oneself and justifies their existence in the universe. Take, and grow stronger. Destroy, and watch the universe recoil in fear. This is true for atoms as it is for beasts of the wild as it is for man. We are no different, we are of the universe and the universe is within us. This is our purpose. To test our ideas and our way of existing against opposing ways, until at long last in the far, far distant future, the universe assumes it's final, perfect, unchanging shape. And that shape is what will be moral, that shape is what will be right, because there will be no other possible way for the universe to be.

What that shape is I do not know, nor will I ever know, nor will any of you, or your children, or your children's children, or perhaps even humanity itself. Perhaps that final shape will be a multitude of creatures, perhaps a single race, or perhaps a single entity. Perhaps still it will not involve life at all. Indeed, life itself could be a sin and has no place in the perfect, final shape. We don't and cannot know in our age.

The best we can do is determine for ourselves what we feel is right and what we feel is wrong. What is moral is moral because I declare it so. What is immoral as well. That is my truth, my shape, and I seek to make my shape the final shape of the universe. As do you, as do all things, living and non-living. All we can do is wage war with one another, both on the physical battlefield and the battlefield of ideas, and see who wins. And whoever wins is moral and whoever loses is immoral.
>>
>>139429752
Cuckoldry at its finest, ladies and gents.
>>
>>139389929
isnt the opposite true? im not religious, but from what i understand, god is in total control, so dont you have less free will under god than without one?
>>
>>139382370
Yes and no. If you define a moral life as being one set forth by Christian teachings and accepted in all western countries, then you can not live a moral life without some religious backing. Following the code inherently implies some acceptance of religion belief. You need some basis for what is considered to be good.

If I'm writing my own moral code, I'm going to make it so that anything that makes my life better is good. Some examples would be, killing a guy who annoys me is morally justified since it brings calm and goodness to me. Stealing things is morally justified since it means not having to work or spend money, things I don't like to do. While I'm living a good moral life, I'm not living that is very "good" for others.
>>
>>139430174

Please, enlighten us.
>>
>>139429752
>Morality is whatever succeeds in nature. The universe is in a constant state of war.
Don't anthropomorphise, the universe simply is - as you've suggested, morality is a concious decision.

>>139430174
>he's too scared to make a decision to live by a code of morals or ethics and denigrates those who do by using a cheap shitty buzzword as an insult.
>>
>>139430617

>Don't anthropomorphise, the universe simply is.

I would argue that desire does not require consciousness. An atom desires stability the same way we desire sustenance when hungry. And in the same way, the universe has a desire; to discover it's final shape. Similarly I would not agree that morality must necessarily be a conscious decision. When an atom takes from another atom, it is exerting it's will on existence, shaping existence to suit itself. If it does so successfully, what it has done is moral. If it fails, it is immoral. There is no conscious action involved, or at least not consciousness as we understand it to be, but the bottom line is this: The act of propagating and furthering your way of existing, your shape, is moral. Whatever that shape might be. You do not have to be a conscious entity to do this.
>>
>>139382370
My mom says there's a lot of black people in china.
>>
File: 3ognjo6.jpg (873KB, 1733x2310px) Image search: [Google]
3ognjo6.jpg
873KB, 1733x2310px
>>139431606
>An atom desires stability the same way we desire sustenance when hungry. And in the same way, the universe has a desire; to discover it's final shape.
Still giving 'inanimate' objects human characteristics. Atoms don't have desires - they adhere to strict rules according the the physical universe and behave as such.

>Similarly I would not agree that morality must necessarily be a conscious decision.
Umm, no.

>Moral decision time:
>come across a situation that needs you to make a decision that you perceive right or wrong
>you make that decision
>you live with the consequences
>the universes goes on regardless.
>>
>>139382370
Religious people have shown to have highly varying ideas of morality.
>>
>>139382370

That fucking blue wig. It wouldn't be worth it.
>>
>>139382370
dfg
>>
>>139382370
Obviously. Literally just be a decent fucking human being. Not really that hard, and I certainly don't need some almighty, neckbeard faggot to tell me so.
>>
>>139433101

>Atoms don't have desires

What is desire, other than a way of existing that is sought after? You are confusing the relative complexity of a function with the function itself. Humans are conscious beings and therefore our desires and the processes we undergo to fulfill them are more complex. But the core behavior is no different from anything else in the universe. Less complex entities simply exhibit less complex forms of desire. You call that conforming to strict rules, but human beings are no different. We do not have the capacity to desire that which we cannot imagine. We are limited in our desires and our methods of achieving our desires. The only difference between us an an atom is in our level of relative complexity, which affords us more complex "rules". But at the end of the day a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

The act of something shaping existence according to itself is morality in action.
>>
>>139382370
Nice tiddies, shame about the hair and political leanings.

As for your question, i don't care because the Rapture is coming. Repent while you still have the chance.
>>
File: leia.jpg (2MB, 1733x2310px) Image search: [Google]
leia.jpg
2MB, 1733x2310px
>>
File: wu6BJF2.jpg (248KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
wu6BJF2.jpg
248KB, 960x1280px
>>
File: ur2slo.gif (3MB, 250x444px) Image search: [Google]
ur2slo.gif
3MB, 250x444px
>>
>>139385307
Without a religious moral foundation, your morals, and society's morals eventually devolve into 'whatever you can get away with'. Moral relativism always slides into anarchy.
>>
>>139391576
Everything is eventually corrupted by man for his own ends. It doesn't invalidate the inherent goodness in Christianity and it's benefit to a community and society as a whole. Revolution is necessary to purge the corruption.
>>
>>139382370
Morality based on revealed truths is not morality, it is following a made up rule set. True morality comes from logic, self reflection and shared tradition. At best you get shared tradition with religion, but you're better off getting the shared tradition from your nation.
>>
>>139382370
Meem
>>
>>139382370
Epic fail
>>
>>139382370
Who is this oriental mademoiselle
>>
File: CVAg895UsAABEsG.jpg (53KB, 504x896px) Image search: [Google]
CVAg895UsAABEsG.jpg
53KB, 504x896px
>>139382370
I think religion can help people build a foundation of morals, but really it comes down to good parenting, education, and having good role models.

I wasn't raised in a religious household. But I was still taught the values of honesty, respect, responsibility, work ethic, etc. by my parents, family, teachers, and coaches growing up.

On the other side of the coin, there's plenty of people who are religious that are still shitbags. ISIS, Scientology, horrible sexual crimes in the Catholic church, for-profit mega churches, etc.

As long as you're taught well by the people around you, religion is optional. It's great for keeping retards in line, though.
>>
>>139382370
Do you mean one specific religion? Because random chavs and rednecks>ascetic Buddhist monks seems a poor argument to make.
>>
uva vanilla tits
>>
Damnit
>>
love you mom
>>
damn you op.... always with the tits....
>>
yes. Objectively moral tenets exist across (most) cultures regardless of whether they adopted a religion or not
>>
>>139382370
Religion = meme to control power and population in the name of written poem and stories from middle east. Nowadays religion is more about money. Money = power. You can buy anyone be it atheist or christian. Both are corrupt and someone who says its not is faggot.
>>
>>139382370
If there were ever a type of post the mods should ban for, it's this shit
>>
God is dead.
>>
File: czH257e.png (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
czH257e.png
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>139382370
fucc
>>
>>139382370
Of course you can. You don't need religion of any sort to live morally. The question is by which morals and why? If you deny the existence of God then who decides which morals are correct? There are no longer moral absolutes. As in, "Maybe it was OK to rape in this one instance." Everything becomes a matter of opinion. You don't need God to be moral but you need God to justify WHY you should be moral in the first place and which morals are objectively true.
>>
Immunity dog protect me
>>
>>139382370
those thicc tits tho
>>
>>139382370
N-no
>>
>>139384095
Consensually fucking every girl you meet while being an alcoholic but never having killed anyone would see you as a moral person in most people's eyes.
Religion shows you how to live a pure and undegenerate life. Being "moral" still allows you to be a huge degenerate.

t. ex christian who still tries to stick to christian values
>>
File: IMG_1122.png (260KB, 500x883px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1122.png
260KB, 500x883px
>>
>>139382370
Yes, that is exactly what Nietzsche talked about.
You have to form your own consistent morals to replace the God given ones.

This obviously means a fracture in society since different people have different morals. No universal moral system can exist without some morals being God given.
>>
>>139382370
Kill yourself
>>
>>139382370
fucking faggot
>>
>>139449044
10 / 10 argument
>>
>>139389058
It's important that at least some people see through it and come to the same conclusion - those people can use religion to coerce masses into doing some effort that might be hard or impossible otherwise, as well as might be able to reform religion to accommodate foe change in circumstances. They are "God" in a way. They don't believe in God either, but they pretend because it's better than not to.
I think that nowadays such people are too rare or were blinded by leftist, blind bashing and criticising... Well, Christendom, since it is the only "politically correct" target. What they don't know is that they are just as zealous, if not more, than people they call "brainwashed".
>>
>>139382370
Go fuck yourself with a cactus
>>
>>139382370
you ass
>>
>>139382370
Cheeky.
>>
>>139382370
Rude.
>>
>>139382370
>>
>>139382370
Yes, it's si easy.
>>
:I
>>
>>139382370
The better question is: should you live a moral life if you're not religious?
If you're not religious, you have no good reason to believe any sort of objective morality exists.
>>
>>139449221
I know desu
>>
>>139382370
i love you mommy
>>
>>139382370
yes but it takes a healthy does of nationalism and a healthy dose of independence

There has to be some sort of compass that regulates what is good and what is bad because they are so subjective.

The whole point of religion was to give a commoner a compass that at the very least helped society and civilization at large survive. You have to have a home team to root for in order to be able to fend off invaders who want to steal from you.

Nationalism can be bad, though. An unhealthy dose is national socialism, a socialistic system that used nationalism as the excuse to muder and rob from their own people.

socialism with any system is bad, usually. Modern socialists are usually of the "global socialist" variety. Like antifa, for example. They're Glozis.
>>
>>139382370
can you live a moral life WITH being religious? i would say no unless you just dont get your morality from the religion, which seems to be the case with every single religious person in the states, here and pretty much anywhere and the ones taking their morality from a religion are basically the biggest pieces of shit on this planet (see ISIS for example).

every christian uses their own morality to pick and choose from the bible and they all end up making decision that fit the situation they are in, so no, there is no objective morality.
>>
>>139382370
Hot
>>
File: IMG_6030.jpg (235KB, 1024x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6030.jpg
235KB, 1024x530px
>>139382370
Theres a more pressing issue here.
How come jews are the only ones that can discriminate and hired based on a persons religion, and nobody seems to care? No lawsuits, nothing...
>>
>>139450401
They're International Socialists

iNazis
>>
>>139384145
faggot
>>
>>139382370

yea
>>
>>139382370
Goddamnit.
>>
>>139382370
You seekxthw law of One, love and light little brother.
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.