[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the confederate statues in public parks be taken down

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Statue Ruined.jpg (172KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Statue Ruined.jpg
172KB, 640x360px
Should the confederate statues in public parks be taken down and placed in museums?

I personally believe that statues dedicated to traitorous confederates have no reason to be publicly displayed in our parks. They are an insult to the hundreds of thousands of union soldiers that gave their lives to reunite the country.

I am not a liberal or supporter of domestic terrorist groups such as antifa and BLM. I believe that defacing statues and public property is a very horrible crime. I believe that they should instead be placed in a museum where they can still be honored for their historical significance but not standing in our public parks.

In this thread, I request that all discussion remains civil and that people do not call each other terms such as snowflake, libtard, nazi, or communist. This is meant to be an intelligent discussion, not a flame war.
>>
>>139366028
The confederacy was your last hope for survival though.

The union was what got you into this shit to begin with.
>>
File: 1503213267271.gif (301KB, 410x330px) Image search: [Google]
1503213267271.gif
301KB, 410x330px
>>139366028
>dedicated to traitorous confederates
>an insult to the hundreds of thousands of union soldiers
>doesn't realize confederate veterans have the same legal protections as Union soldiers
so much for your intelligent discussion
>>
>>139366028
You think you're not better than them, but you aren't.
Confederate soldiers gave their lives for their cause. They were, and are Americans. They deserve their monuments. The war is over. None of us were directly affected by it. Be an objective adult and realize that peoples sacrifice shouldn't be erased because of Muh feels.
>>
>>139366953
But we aren't destroying a confederate graveyard by relocating a statue, are we?
>>
>>139368139
So, let's say, once ISIS is eradicated, should the countries of the middle east erect statues for ISIS because they gave their lives to the cause of creating an Islamic state?
>>
>>139368143
>But we aren't destroying a confederate graveyard by relocating a statue, are we?
Whose to say that isn't next, if it hasn't already happened? I'd rather not set any precedent for removing a monument just to avoid the possibility of such a travesty occurring.

>>139368352
That's up to them, not us. Looking at the Middle East as a whole, though, I'd say they'll just continue their legacy of tearing down statues of dictator A-Z while fucking up their own countries further each time.
>>
>>139368352
If they wanted to, why not.
I believe you're missing the point however.
>>
>>139366028
>traitorous confederates

a lot of those statues are older than your grandparents, who had a better understanding of history than you

notice how the statues are only a problem now that communists want to make the rules in our country, and call others traitors
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.