[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GamerGate 3rd Year Anniversary

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 49

File: everyone_gets_a_voice_NEW.jpg (201KB, 2144x373px) Image search: [Google]
everyone_gets_a_voice_NEW.jpg
201KB, 2144x373px
GamerGate affected me profoundly, and I know there are others who were similarly affected. We were always right. We were right about the incestuous nature of game journalism. We witnessed how a rigid ideology of victimhood created massive blindspots not just in games journalism, but wider mainstream media, how the exact same handful of individuals would be quoted as gospel.

Such a huge range of people were mischaracterized to an extreme degree that it served to inform us on how untrustworthy establishment media is. The 'official' narrative is drastically wrong. Despite this, GamerGate became an effective information network to counter establishment narratives, shaping online discourse for years to come. GamerGate was a pivotal moment in the Great Meme Wars.

I was moved by the memes, the artwork, the pages of digging and archiving, hours upon hours of well reasoned discussion whether on forums or on video, all of which went ignored by media. Those first 6 months or so of GamerGate were something special, hundreds of thousands of people finding each other through the false-narrative, finding each other in the darkness. We were ahead of the curve of mainstream discourse because we knew that we were individuals acting towards common goals, and it didn't matter who was left wing or who was right wing, that the media's black and white view of politics only divides people rather than fostering much needed discussion. We recognized the identity politics moral panic for what it was, years before we saw it affect the mainstream in huge ways, like how we've seen with James Damore at Google. GamerGate is a part of history.

I was moved to create a video in an attempt to capture what I believed the heart of GamerGate to be. This video serves as not just information and summary, but as a love letter to the people of GamerGate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80fqrg0dmTU

Thank you to everyone who has supported GamerGate.

You're all diamonds.
>>
>>139342531
tldr: op is a fag and a muslim
>>
File: 1454114178955.gif (896KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454114178955.gif
896KB, 700x600px
I still can't comprehend what it was. I watched like a few videos. I think I was still using /b/ at the time.
I'm pretty retarded.
I miss the Ethiopian dude tho.
>>
>>139342531
we'll the fucking insane bit is that the people who were huge negative players and anti-gamergate (anita fucking sarkeesian) are now in charge of censoring youtube for what's pretty fucking much gamergate 2.0
>>
It was the first blow to cultural Marxism in a hobby.
>>
>>139342531
YouTube censorship is pretty much gamer gate part 2 electric boogaloo. I know /pol/ probably doesn't care too much for YouTubers and their Jewing of Jews for ad money but being that YouTube is so big it creates some concern around the fact that many may follow in google's footsteps.
>>
fuck with books: we don't care
just play games
fuck with music: we don't care
just play games
fuck with movies: still don't care
just play games
fuck with games, oh shit
>>
I have a mutual friend of Zoe's and her former BF whatever his name was. I only figured this out about a year into it, but yeah.

Boston is kindov a fucked up place to live.
>>
>>139345558
>he hasn't heard of sad puppies
>>
File: source.gif (1MB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
source.gif
1MB, 500x330px
I can not comprehend this meme. I was browsing 4chan at the time for christ's sake and i never even read about it until it was over. It is all a lie. This is a meme. Something this big wouldn't have escaped me and yet, even bow that's i've read about it, i don't fathom how something so insignifiant would be taken so seriously by anyone. I missed the joke.
>>
>>139345739
Mate. It was suppressed by all sides. Even /pol/ and /v/ mostly tried to pretend it didn't happen because it appeared to be such a failure.

In the end though it had the last laugh. I was redpilled by the media response to Gamergate like hundreds of others on here. A thread the other day with hundreds of unique posters all saying the same sort of thing makes it pretty clear that Gamergate has had the long term effect of radicalising a lot of relatively centrist people into full on nationalists.
>>
>>139342531
welcome to capitalism. Where every industry is inevitably taken over by loud self serving zogs with the sole agenda of furthering their own careers and manipulating social views to see them as a pioneer in their industry, when in reality, every industry is being killed by people like Anita Sarkeezian.

Just as crony capitalism has made wages in majority of jobs less than half of what they were worth in the past, so too has it infected video games with the necessity to corrupt creative content to focus on pandering for profit and keeping inline with a globalist narrative, rather than creating a experience based on gameplay
>>
>>139342531
The vast ammount of faggots and trannies in the GamerGate (((movement))) made me realize I should stop playing games.
>>
File: IMG_2607.jpg (113KB, 395x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2607.jpg
113KB, 395x701px
Who cares? Video games are escapism. Pay attention to what matters in life.
>>
>>139345739
Anita Sarkeezian was a game journalist, who then made her own game and slept with guys to get it published, when it got published but didnt sell, she blamed this on a patriarchal dominance in the games industry, and started a wild fire of feminism that helped lead to the 3rd wave insanity you see today.

Anitas ramblings are still take as fact and spiritual doctrine by most liberally aligned people. Here is her speech to the UN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3m-bcaCVbM

Gamergate is a window into how government and politics is easily manipulated
>>
>>139346394
7:17 Quinn actually demands from the UN, that the allegations against someone allegedly harassing her shouldn't have to be proved and her pleas are taken seriously.

GAMERGATE WAS NOT ABOUT VIDEO GAMES ITS ABOUT SOCIAL MANIPULATION THROUGH DIGITAL CHANNELS
>>
>>139345902
But still i keep listing the events of it and it looks so lame and small.
Lady has sex with journalists for reviews
Bf tells on her
Corruption for sex
Online banter
Waa bullies
Press take the side of the whiners
Redpills ?

Was that really all there was to it ?
>>
>>139346160

Some vidya can be fun from time to time, i enjoy some mk8 with gf doesnt seem to harmful
>>
>>139346549
>GAMERGATE WAS NOT ABOUT VIDEO GAMES ITS ABOUT SOCIAL MANIPULATION THROUGH DIGITAL CHANNELS
it was them testing the waters, or learning the extent of their abilities.
they are the same millennials who are now rebranding the right as nazi evil misogynist white supremacists. never actually taking on their opponent in a direct way and debating idea to idea they instead set up a straw man, get society to associate them with that straw man and then knock the straw man over for the easy win.
>>
>>139348615
I always find it laughable how often there are headlines "I SURVIVED 1287571 CONCENTRATION CAMPS AND WW2 + NAZIS IN SPACE AND NOW AGAIN?!?!" when just like you're saying it leaves them as a faceless, dehumanized group of people.
>>
>>139342531
What was GamerGate?
Honestly asking, because I'm Slav and I didn't give a shit about gaming drama and the gaming community as a whole.
>>
>>139349037
>Zoe Quinn dates beta cuck
>cuck knows she's fucking around, does nothing
>Quinn releases a "interactive story" called depression question
>gets gud reviews
>cuck gets upset about this. Sneaks into her purse while she's out fucking, grabs his balls back
>writes a blog post talking about the 5 guys hotdogs she's had in her burger, including one who was a game reviewer for Kotaku
>spams it on 4chan
>4chan flips a shit and starts brigading against Kotaku.
>Sekret journalist email list thinks this is unfair towards wimines and all start publishing articles talking about how gamers are shit.
>Reddit joins in with 4chan
>Journalists publish new articles almost verbatim talking about how gamers are dead.
>???
>Donald Trump wins the 2016 election.
>>
File: 9.png (339KB, 604x512px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
339KB, 604x512px
How would Richard M Nixon have reacted to Gamergate? He probably wouldn't have cared much.

He didn't like the tube, so he wouldn't like Video games.

He recommended all men should read for at least 5 hours a day.
>>
If you're confused about GamerGate stop being a faggot and watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80fqrg0dmTU
>>
>>139342531
Reminder that it started about a complain because some bitch fucked her way up to publish her game and ended up being a crusade against chaos wizard vampires and their minions financed by the deep state and government agencies as a giant horrifying mind control experiment to shape the face of Earth through an overly complicated series of psyops.
>>
>>139346673
Zoe was Five Guys
Gamergate was a reaction to bizarrely (as most people believed at the time) coordinated silencing campaign from the internet forums to MSM.
3 years ago most people on 4chan believed that the problem with the press was JUST incompetence.
The realization how insanely corrupt and power tripping the media is started a chain of events we can fell even now.
>>
File: gamer_girl.jpg (110KB, 960x801px) Image search: [Google]
gamer_girl.jpg
110KB, 960x801px
>>139342531
>>
>>139349676
basically this. Makes you wonder if people with thee views were given advantages in media to exacerbate the right and independents into ensuring a conservative swing
>>
>>139350543
*these views, extreme/alt left views.
>>
>>139349676
Hold up.
A slut was a slut. Dude writes how the slut was slutting around. Slut makes a drama out of it and drags the whole of gaming into it.
How the fuck?
>>
>>139350580
exactly its right around when personal feelings began out weighing motive and evidence. After this event its almost as if they learned some secret of psychology as it quickly became the norm in many facets of society.
>>
>>139345048
This.
>>
File: IMG_4669.jpg (194KB, 898x1369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4669.jpg
194KB, 898x1369px
This nasty woman is speaking at a bookstore near me in a couple weeks. What do?
>>
>>139350580
DARPA.
You know shit really hits the fan when even /pol/ deletes threads
>>
>>139350580
It also caused m00t to sell 4chan. Shit was fucked
>>
>>139350694
i mean damn, its almost as if lots of people with very pro israel views are quickly gaining authority in several areas entertainment and controlling public opinion, like the bible is happening in front of us and theyre gonna be given their land back and then all hell breaks loose.
>>
>>139350756
Guns.
>>
>>139350839
We dug too deep. Like Deus Ex tier deep.
>>
>>139350756
Call her a Nazi.
>>
>>139345569
Boston frigging sucks. Wish every day I wasn't stuck here for life. Is this ground zero for Gamergate? Didn't know, but doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>139350756
post her nudes... she is a drunk pickup at best
>>
I was there when it happened. Provided a lot of relevant information and stopped caring within a week while you faggots ignored it and drew cartoons or something instead.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 852x798px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 852x798px
>>139348879
WWII was 70 years ago, they're all dead by now.
You'll see in 2052 we'll still get interviews with nazi camp survivors.
>>
>>139351740
She's vile, my dude. Don't think I could stomach it.
>>
>>139350580
basically the stupid whore fucked a journalist in exchange for good reviews, there was an uproar about corruption, and then the games media started calling all gamers sexist to cover for their blatant corruption. then zoey and a bunch of other whores played the victim and made up fake death threats(they were caught doing this), and the mainstream media picked it up.

that was it. and as much as we tried explaining what really happened, the media and the usual useful idiot lefties kept screaming that we were all evil sexists.

and at the end of it all, the corrupt fucks in kotaku and other gaming sites got entirely away with their bullshit, won a "moral victory", and have been able to invade gaming with political bullshit ever since. every time someone mentions sjw shit being pished in gaming, some lefty brings up gamergate. it's basically their version of the holocaust. their oppression myth that allows them to shame their opponents into silence.
>>
>>139342531
>GamerGate affected me profoundly, and I know there are others who were similarly affected. We were always right. We were right about the incestuous nature of game journalism.

So what the fuck is GamerGate and why does game journalism affect anyone in a significant manner. Does GBBO affect you as well? Does it give you nightmares?
>>
>>139342531

I think Gamegate was the catalyst the redpilled a lot of young disenfranchised people. This lead to a rise in alt-right memes and in a way contributed to the election of Donald Trump. I unironically believe that the most important thing out of GamerGate was Trump being elected.

It's also fucked up that the true motive behind GamerGate got drowned out by the anti-gamergate people and completely ignored. The original purpose was a sort of inquisition into Gaming journalism and the corrupt nepotism plaguing the industry. This all started because some slut was getting good reviews for her games because she was literally sleeping with reviewers and people in the industry despite her games being utter shit. Then old developers and people who have been in the industry for years corroborated the claim that the all the large mainstream journalist sites get payed by big name publishers to write good reviews despite the quality of the games and those games that can't afford good reviews get mediocre reviews and little to no coverage even if the game is objectively great.
>>
>>139342531
I was never involved in gamergate but I credit the journalists involved for completely killing any trust in journalism that I had left.
I mean. I used to believe that journalists tried to be unbiased and ethical, even if they failed, they were trying. Now I know better.
>>
>>139352713
>>139352413
it affects us because it allows them to demonise us and keep pushing politics into our games.
>>
>>139342531

>gamergate effected me profoundly

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Gamergate wasn't a huge issue for most normal people. Perhaps a few gamers got upset but most people see it, think "what's this" sees that it is related to video game and thinks "oh, doesnt apply to me" and move on with their lives.

Gamergate is the biggest non-story of all time and if it took this to redpill you, you don't have redpill DNA running through your veins to begin with and are still bluepilled deep down inside.

I'm so sick of all the kids on /pol/ going like "muh gamergate".
It wasnt a big deal.
Grown adults don't care about it and never will. Enterprising young adults didn't waste their prime playing video games, let alone getting upset.
It certainly isn't history.

99/100 won't know what you are talking about if you say "hey, gamergate". They'd look at you like you were some schizophrenic retard talking about a nonissue like if every person knows about it.
>>
>>139352932
this
>>
>>139352905
>it allows them to demonise us and keep pushing politics into our games

again, this is something that might happen in the parallel world of the net, but no one really gives a shit. game content/design decision are made based on other criteria
>>
>>139353132
>game content/design decision are made based on other criteria
depends on the studio really.
>>
>>139352947
>Grown adults don't care about it and never will
Grown adults were the ones who made a big deal about it in the first place. We were just bitching about corruption and how bribes/sexual favours were being exchanged for good reviews, and then to cover their asses the reviewers launched a crusade against the "evil sexists", which the mainstream media then picked up. It was never our side who made a big deal about it, it was the left. and to this day they're still using gamergate as an oppression myth to silence us.
>>
>>139346160
>implying other forms of media are not escapism

everything in moderation
>>
>>139352947
I think you're misunderstanding it. It was originally just people complaining about nepotism within journalism, and then quickly spiralled.
>>
>>139342531
GG was pretty much the proto alt right. Without it Trump wouldn't be president.
>>
File: news.png (911KB, 1199x674px) Image search: [Google]
news.png
911KB, 1199x674px
>>139350756
wear a fedora, disrupt the event saying you support her patreon and bought her book and games and that, as a male feminist, you are now owed sex.
>>
>>139353201
>Grown adults were the ones who made a big deal about it in the first place.
Yes, pathetic ones that play video games and collect disability checks.
>We were just bitching about corruption and how bribes/sexual favours were being exchanged for good reviews, and then to cover their asses the reviewers launched a crusade against the "evil sexists", which the mainstream media then picked up.
The main stream media barely covered gamergate. What some CNBC newspiece airing in the late, late hours made 2 minutes of time.? That doesn't count.
>It was never our side who made a big deal about it, it was the left. and to this day they're still using gamergate as an oppression myth to silence us.
Good. It isn't an effective tool once again and if a normal person here's someone making a big deal about this and framing some sexist conspiratorial aspect of the gaming industry, this "myth" is like me saying the earth is flat.
It might get me a few people to listen but most people are not going to take you seriously at all.

Gamergate is a waste of time and effort. If they want to perpetuate the feminist spin of this myth, by all means, let them. It will never catch on.
>>
>>139353545
*hears
>>
>>139352381
>my dude
Go back to kekistan and never open your mouth here again with your dude vernacular.
>>
>>139353132
replace games with media, such as your favorite tv show or brand name, or movie franchise. it will all be rehashed in order to fit determined archtypes of good and bad.
>>
File: 1478717716773.png (775KB, 534x757px) Image search: [Google]
1478717716773.png
775KB, 534x757px
>>139342531

Gamergate and BLM in 2014 were definitely a "beginning" of what we now have.

I bet a lot of these people who identified with BOTH movements marched arm-in-arm at Occupy Wall Street.

You faggots made fun of it, but I was in Zuccotti for day 6 and 7. It was the real deal and then the CIA successfully infiltrated it and splintered the country.

I do blame /new/ a bit. (it was /new/ in 2010, no?)
>>
>>139352413
How would that silence anyone, though?
>Umm, sweetie, shut the fuck up you bigot, you don't want to create another gamergate and call a whore out, do you?
>>
File: Uc_Davis_Pepper_Spray_Incident.jpg (27KB, 387x257px) Image search: [Google]
Uc_Davis_Pepper_Spray_Incident.jpg
27KB, 387x257px
>>139353752
I wish there was a way to get that kind of open, peaceful conversation going then.

>reminder the police were actually agitators back then and Occupy was entirely a peace movement.

Things have really changed. Kinda scary and sad to think about how fucked our country is...
>>
gamergate was the final nail in the coffin for 'video game journalists', now i think its mostly casual cucks who read that shit
>>
>>139353945
>>reminder the police were actually agitators back then and Occupy was entirely a peace movement.

That is a complete lie
OWS was a socialist astroturf violent movment
>>
File: 1499289831503.jpg (780KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1499289831503.jpg
780KB, 3840x2160px
>>139346673
It was a microcosm of the issues we see in the media today. It gave hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions of normies around the world (myself included) an insight into how the political bias of the media can rapidly form bullshit narratives through lying by omission, or by simply making shit up. Personally, it sowed the seeds of my now fully flourished mistrust of the media, long before I started browsing /pol/. It didn't turn everyone it reached into full-on 14/88er ethnonationalists, but it taught a great many young people about the dangers of lapping up whatever narrative the MSM tries to feed you.
>>
>>139353699
kekistan is ok shill
>>
File: 1499284834390.jpg (204KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499284834390.jpg
204KB, 900x900px
>>139354232
>>
>>139353752
What does the CIA gain from fomenting civil war?
>>
>>139353545
The fact that you don't know the whole story and call it a non issue makes me wonder if you even know what you're talking about.

The media shitstorm was pretty huge and it poured into the mainstream media in the most cancerous way imaginable. All these funny trustworthy leftist sites covered it, but we already knew the whole story and better than them, so we noticed the buzzwords, the misinformation, the lies. This was not new for me, but many of my normie friends got redpilled hard by this and it even created a huge uproar on the internet about being truly progressive and being a neopuritan liberal keyboard crusader. This polarized left and right more and separated moderates from the toxic ideology that is modern leftism. This literally made alternative political options a thing.
>>
>>139354232
>>139354320

fags
>>
>>139353699
I took a shit in your mother's vagina. Go smell it and see.
>>
File: 1485804829872.gif (381KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1485804829872.gif
381KB, 300x168px
>>139354143

Wrong amigo. You sucked the MSM's cockles back then, no?

If you were actually around before it was co-opted (by like the 3rd week it was entirely co-opted).

But those were an intense few weeks where you literally had people from all over the political spectrum having important discussions together.

THat's why the CIA shut it down so god damn fast.

All the people that were "in charge" by the third week did covertly and had (((ties)))).
>>
>>139354395

Control of both sides, dumbass.

They control the socialist left. They control the Richard Spencer right.

Divide and Conquer 101, fagsalot.
>>
>>139350756
Go to the store in the morning and dump a liter of piss on the books they're hoping to sell.
>>
>>139354395
Also, as I've said in another post - during the first few weeks OWS was a threat to the establishment. People from all political and financial backgrounds were coming together and having a really important peaceful discussion. And setting up camps across the country.

I can only speak first-hand for zuccotti for the first few weeks. I was there and when I wasn't I followed it very closesly.

The conversation we were having them is very much in line with Trump's movement. Not exactly though, and our country is now divided so it's a tougher game.
>>
File: ultra-gay-seal[1].jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-gay-seal[1].jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>>139352947
You're ignoring the forest and focusing on the tree.

The "events" of Gamergate aren't the significant part. The significant part was the dishonest representation, witch-hunting, and online lynch-mobbing that resulted from disparate opinions on those events.

Your position on one side of the issue or the other was grounds for people to justify extra-judicial actions against you. It was also grounds for slandering you and misrepresenting you intentionally to make you the villain in an otherwise ridiculous and pointless argument.

It made it apparent to millions that journalist are agenda-pushing hacks. And this carried over into ruining their credibility as an industry and helped contribute to Donald Trump winning the Presidency.

All because journalists over-played their hand over video games.
>>
File: 4iVkQny.jpg (91KB, 739x518px) Image search: [Google]
4iVkQny.jpg
91KB, 739x518px
>>139354733
Original protest had left and right pissed at ((the markets and those who caused the whole stunt)) but then it changed. In Spain or was the same and it became a radical left gibs refugees welcome I need feminism because mind my pronouns our culture is evil punch a Nazi. How very convenient that they lost focus.
>>
>>139354826
>>139355034
You could have explained it to me without calling me names. For future reference, it's more persuasive. If I weren't already inclined to believe you, I'd assume your opinion was horseshit because you felt the need to belittle someone critical of it.
>>
>>139351338
What, you niggers don't have buses?
>>
>>139346394
>Here is her speech to the UN
Bitch, that's the Women's UN. They're basically just an international Women's Rights group had has nothing to do with the real UN, other than sharing an assembly hall. It's just something the real UN threw together to shut them up.
>>
File: anita.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
anita.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>139352413
>it's basically their version of the holocaust. their oppression myth that allows them to shame their opponents into silence.

But like the holocaust, it never happened. I think they are overplaying their little victory. Even the biggest gamer normie is starting to get fed up with the blatant pandering in 'AAA' gaming. Why do you think a game like Witcher 3 felt like a breath of fresh air to a lot of people. Because the development team wasn't trying to fill a quota they were making a game pure and simple. Anti-gamergate journalists tried to shit on Witcher 3 for being 'too white' and 'misogynist' and it fell on deaf ears nobody gave a shit about their whining because they were too busy enjoying a good game. They realized it wasn't working and moved on.

Once people realize that these faggot activists aren't gamers and all they want is to attention whore and grandstand they will stop listening to them and their influence will wane. This is why the left always loses. They are too radical with change and always overplay their hand. This is why they lost 2016. This is why they are losing the culture war. Once the business side of the industry realizes that they are making a huge mistake by pandering to people like Feminist Frequency and they see a huge drop in sales in 'AAA' games, which we are already seeing with ME: Andromeda. Then the influence of people like Quinn and Sarkeesian will wane. Ultimately Zoe Quinn and her ilk will fall into irrelevance which is a fate worse than death for narcissists like them.
>>
>>139355154

This guy gets it.

But I'm 100% sure in the states it was CIA that co-opted it. Could have been Soros - I don't remember if he was even part of the discussion back then... And it's impossible to find good information on Occupy Wall Street's early days because of the media's depiction of it (sound familiar?) and what the movement became.
>>
>>139355363
Sorry it's just how I talk here. Don't take it personally anon.
>>
File: z6EGvE5.png (782KB, 810x754px) Image search: [Google]
z6EGvE5.png
782KB, 810x754px
>>139342531

Its a massive framework of social engineering OP. Anita and the other whores, thats what they did to get their little interviews and play hard that favourite card of woman, victimization. The fact the (((MSN))), the (((UN))) even given them air time and a voice for their shitty as narrative means this is a concerted effort to emasculate us in the only place men have segregate from (((their))) banker usury reality and fucking women.
>>
>>139352343
I fully expect it. Especially since to call into question the details is illegal.
>>
>>139353545
>Yes, pathetic ones that play video games and collect disability checks.
no, it was literally just some people bitching about zoey fucking some guy for reviews. and then the media created the whole "evil sexist" narrative and gave it non-stop coverage for months. they made a big deal out of it, not us.
>The main stream media barely covered gamergate. What some CNBC newspiece airing in the late, late hours made 2 minutes of time.? That doesn't count.
wrong
>Good. It isn't an effective tool once again and if a normal person here's someone making a big deal about this and framing some sexist conspiratorial aspect of the gaming industry, this "myth" is like me saying the earth is flat.
you have no idea what you're talking about and you should fucking kill yourself.

obviously no one who doesn't play games cares about politics infesting games. i never claimed they did. but when gamers complain to other gamers on gaming sites about politics in games, they get shut down and silenced by leftist faggots, mods, and journalists who go "oy vey idz annuddah gamahgate!"

>Gamergate is a waste of time and effort. If they want to perpetuate the feminist spin of this myth, by all means, let them. It will never catch on.
except it has caught on. every game is full of political bullshit now.
>>
>>139349881
It started because she fucked her way through journalists to get her shitty game traction. It really was about journalistic integrity, which gaming publications have essentially none.
>>
>>139353829
and then a million white knight shills back them up, you get banned, some roaste journalist makes an argument about how gamers are still sexist, and then some game devs feel the need to apologise to virtue signal. and then they ramp up the politics even more.
>>
>>139350580
people always leave out the fact that the story was HEAVILY censored on /v/, reddit, neogaf, somethingawful, and even /pol/, at times.

There was a point in history where the only place you could talk about LITERALLY WHO was fucking /pol/. THAT, is what was so fucked up—the universal censorship, deleting of posts, and shadowbanning, for something as innocuous as video game reviews. Then, in the midst of this wild censorship, the media launched a coordinated offense against anyone who dared not toe the line. Many were redpilled on media collusion just by seeing the eerily similar attitude and verbiage used by like 12 sites all on the same day.

tl:dr - Zoe Quinn was an unexpected "untouchable", a "made man", as it were. She fucked some guys for attention, got caught, but no one was allowed to talk about it. Zoe is deeply involved with some rabbit hole bullshit on re-purposing video games for social development (propaganda)
>>
>>139342531
Upboated
>>
>>139353545
> Waste of time and effort.
Gee, I wonder why Trump is president and not the feminist ideal that is Shillary?
>>
>>139356246
it was censored so badly that even as someone who tried to keep very up to date, i didn't have a clue what was going on until internetaristocrat made a couple videos on it. it was ridiculous. ironically, youtube was one of the only places where you could have something resembling a good discussion on it. even though it literally just started out as a people bemoaning one whore fucking for reviews.
>>
>>139355126
> It made it apparent to millions that journalist are agenda-pushing hacks. And this carried over into ruining their credibility as an industry and helped contribute to Donald Trump winning the Presidency.
This is the amazing part about this. For a couple years prior, gamers who would otherwise never engaged in politics are... engaging in politics. People were starting to see the bullshit the media spills out regarding video games and it all points to the same thing or root of the problem, social justice warriors.

Unlike other communities, gamers aren't afraid to call people out on their bullshit. Countless years of being told or telling people to die, fucking their/your mothers, being a fag, jacking off to polygons all come together to form a fist of hateful truth.

Feminist fucked up when they touched our games.

Gamergate went from trying to preserve journalistic integrity by pointing out affiliates to pointing out feminist bullshit, all because feminazi decided to take the gamergate dogma and spin it to a harassment campaign. It clearly mirrors what's happening RIGHT NOW in the nation THIS MOMENT.
>>
>>139356080
Not just that. They even made a law and order so about it presenting gamers as terrorists, and the media pushed the narrative of "evil white loser nerds, that's why we bully you".
Literally the same ad hominems used against trumpfags. Then the #notyourshield shit happened, which was basically calling out virtue signalling cunts. I think they tried to bite more than they could chew and got a huge cultural backlash. Hope they don't learn from that mistake
>>
>>139346673
but life sucks
The graphics are shit
The gameplay mechanics are boring and unbalanced.
Free 2 play but Pay 2 win.

Sure it's got more players but in the end its outdated and boring as hell.
>>
If Zoe Quinn never fucked 5 guys and cried when she was faced with anger.

Hillary would have won the election, Brexit mat not have happened.

Anita started hitting the Hornets nest, and then moving to the next one and hitting it. Anita united Conservatives, True Liberals, Right Wingers, and all sorts of shut in between on the political compass making the largest right wing push the US has seen in over 100 years.

Thank you Zoe, opening your legs woke up the Final Boss of the Internet.
>>
>>139357501
Good job idiot. Now Hilary's time travel minions will go back and murder her before she does that.
You just killed us all in some other dimension.
>>
Friendly reminder that this war is still going on.
Today you won't be able to find about gamergate in YT nor google, and I presume tweeter would also be censored.
The next US president will be one of them, and then BOOM, here comes the NWO. I give it 5 years.
>>
>>139358008
So what you're saying is. Trump's presidency is just (((them))) gathering all their might while the normal folk take a short breath. They've already studied everything from 4chan to the Antactic and no such thing can ever happen again so it's all downhill from here only more faster because (((they))) have catching up to do?
>>
>>139358234
Not really. They got BTFO. They games are falling to ruin, the almighty Hollywood is quickly decaying, comic sales are taking a nosedive as well. It's growing.
>>
>>139358497
how d'you reckon hollywood is decaying? they seem to be trodding along alright to me.
>>
>>139358497
Call me paranoid but I'm fairly certain that Trump is just an unexpected calm before the shit storm resumes only that it'll be much bigger because shit's been holding for a term.
>>
>>139358234
Trump is Trump, but he has been "castrated" in just a few months. I doubt he ends his mandate. Meanwhile silicon valley is reading its enormous censoring machine.
If the election were today, they won't lose it.
>>
>>139356316
It has nothing to do with gamergate, that's for sure.
>>
>>139356246
> some rabbit hole bullshit

PHD Buddy of mine, 10 years ago, was working on grants from DARPA via Stanford - aiming to identify online gamers based on their online habits. My word. That was 10 years ago. The military sees online as the next battlespace/theatre (or they did a decade ago). She was untouchable, game propeganda is absolutely real, I fucking never post here cause I'm so goddamn jaded, and this is a serious war of information. Goddamn it the depression is hard, and heroin is goddamn too available. Don't give up /brothers.
>>
people think GG gave Trump his win?

to people who have been here longer than 2014, right wing sentiments and anger at the establishment has been around since at least 2010.
>>
File: 1495642192008.jpg (323KB, 480x953px) Image search: [Google]
1495642192008.jpg
323KB, 480x953px
>>139342531
GG was a mistake.
>>
>>139358804
i sort of agree, but part of me doubts trump will even get to finish his 8 years before a civil war or ww3 starts.
>>
>>139360577
>8 years
what? That means they'll have to reelect him or is it the normal length of presidency?
>>
>>139360126
>t.liberal
>>
File: 1478677802981.png (75KB, 1229x417px) Image search: [Google]
1478677802981.png
75KB, 1229x417px
>>139360797
Just look at this place and say that GG wasn't a mistake.
>>
>>139360642
i think he'll win 2020
>>
>>139361094
I hope you're right but it's looking pretty grim. Worse than 2016 and it's not even 2020 yet.
Not saying Trump is doing a bad job or anything but (((they))) would never allow him to get away like this.
>>
>>139360947
mobile internet was a mistake
>>
>>139360947
Anime was a mistake.
>>
>>139342656
epic meme xD op is fagget hahahaha, can't wait to post this screencap on /r/4chan
>>
File: mootcucked.jpg (750KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
mootcucked.jpg
750KB, 2400x2400px
>>139345739
>>139345902
>>139346673

It's so cute when normies come on /pol/ and pretend like they know what's going on

https://youtu.be/9L_Wmeg7OTU

The entire 3rd wave feminist shit really kickstarted with gamergate, say what you like but the average 18-35 year old male plays video games and it would've been their first exposure to feminism when it started getting rammed down their throats.

There's no need for specifics but all it confirmed was what most of us already knew and that was games journalism was paid advertising for video game companies. Now it was going to become political too.

We tried to warn people that this shit was going to spread rapidly but no one listened. It seeped into the media extremely quickly and then into politics.

The testing ground for all the gender politics, feminist rhetoric, etc that was gamergate. Point me to any other major 3rd wave feminist event that happened before gamergate.
>>
File: 1497066487692.jpg (513KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1497066487692.jpg
513KB, 2048x1536px
>>139342531
You gamergate fags ruined /pol/. Kill yourself you manchild faggot. PIc related: It's you
>>
>>139359798
Unironically this. It was plain creepy at this point.
>>
>>139350756
Just curious has she gone LGBTxyz(whatever new letters)?
>>
File: GG DARPA.png (4MB, 1280x6478px) Image search: [Google]
GG DARPA.png
4MB, 1280x6478px
>>139359798
We dug too deep
>>
File: 1418539355552.jpg (3MB, 3032x5136px) Image search: [Google]
1418539355552.jpg
3MB, 3032x5136px
>>
File: 1415163959461.jpg (653KB, 1633x2030px) Image search: [Google]
1415163959461.jpg
653KB, 1633x2030px
>>
File: 1421898703065.png (435KB, 980x602px) Image search: [Google]
1421898703065.png
435KB, 980x602px
>>139363964
>cultural marxism doesn't exist, goy!

>people on this board actually believe there is a shadowy group trying to destroy Western civilization
>>
File: GG is about dominance of nerds.png (21KB, 1138x403px) Image search: [Google]
GG is about dominance of nerds.png
21KB, 1138x403px
>>
File: G G.jpg (3MB, 2536x4696px) Image search: [Google]
G G.jpg
3MB, 2536x4696px
/pol/ harbor was some shit it lasted a month straight, luckily I was unemployed at the time and pulled 18 hour shifts until moot quit
>>
File: PKaUWZu[1].jpg (581KB, 1920x1031px) Image search: [Google]
PKaUWZu[1].jpg
581KB, 1920x1031px
>>139359995
>to people who have been here longer than 2014, right wing sentiments and anger at the establishment has been around since at least 2010.
Duh, but GG pushed a swath of people out of the "Moderate" column and into the column that is now willing to not blindly accept a narrative that was manufactured for them.

The same kind of narrative that was pushed on them soon after in an attempt to paint Trump as something he's not by claiming he made statements that he never did.

They keep using the same playbook that so many people are already familiar with.
>>
>>139342531
How does it feel shills? How does it feel that years and years of rhetoric and effort, years and years of slowly brainwashing the public into accepting more and more liberal degeneracy, that your entire movment was beaten by a bunch of autists who play in their basement. If you got beaten by a bunch of losers, what does that make you? Fuck Cultural Marxism and fuck leftists.
>>
>>139342531
>I was moved by the memes, the artwork, the pages of digging and archiving, hours upon hours of well reasoned discussion whether on forums or on video, all of which went ignored by media. Those first 6 months or so of GamerGate were something special

Jesus Christ, are you manchildren ever going to grow up?
>>
>>139342531
lol
>>
>>139364835
>>139364923

Thank fuck someone saved these images.

This is what people don't understand about gamergate, it was the beta test, it was the simulation to see could the population be controlled to turn on itself.

Once this was successful they moved it into MSM with shit like Buzzfeed, Gawker, etc and hey WOW look just like the gaming community the political and world community started tearing itself apart too.
>>
File: 1416353505377.jpg (1MB, 1338x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1416353505377.jpg
1MB, 1338x2000px
the reason this site is allowed to exist is we are Raiden in MGS2. The site saves data to be used to fine tune AIs to recognize and censor hate speech/facts in the future. Next time we'll have to fight our dark mirror like in Zelda 2, AIs that are humanish like Tay but programmed to put down dissent and manufacture consent
>>
>>139342656
coming from france.
>kek
>>
>>139363200
>manchild
Hmmm, I wonder who could be behind this post...

>>139366018
Hey, Jimmy, lunch is ready ! You have five minutes to come before daddy get's upset !
>>
>>139366018
Grow up into what?

Develop and build ourselves? Sharpen our minds?
I think this trend is already starting, considering the anti fitness tans health tends we see starting and the idea being linked with nazi to scare off moderates and only brings in those who are not brain dead.

Or grow up into what is expected of us?

Please use qualifiers. Thank you.
>>
File: IMG_1722.png (380KB, 780x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1722.png
380KB, 780x773px
>>139342656
France is dead.
>>
File: 1430380545853.jpg (251KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
1430380545853.jpg
251KB, 500x505px
>>139366091
yup.

Remember the end of MGS2? They had to edit it, because of 9/11. There was a twin towers scene in the Spider Man movie that was cut too. Pic related is Arsenal Gear crashed into Manhattan, setting the stage for you, the player, who has been unknowingly trying to follow in your hero's footsteps, being tricked into fighting against the ex-president clone. The end didn't make sense to me, at the time.

Look up google's offshore data centers, they are Arsenal Gear.

Also, the final boss fight in MGS2 is on the roof...

of the Federal Reserve Building
>>
>>139346673
It blew up because it confirmed the long held beliefs that game reviewers offer favorable reviews for rewards

Nothing concrete ever really came out until then
>>
>>139357501
Brexit would have happened regardless, Quinns vagina had no bearing on the outcome.
>>
File: 1503557073276.png (451KB, 1184x925px) Image search: [Google]
1503557073276.png
451KB, 1184x925px
>>
>>139367717
Wrong, both were close enough that there's no telling what would have happened had those awakened by it stayed sleeping.
>>
>>139350756
>This nasty woman is speaking at a bookstore near me in a couple weeks. What do?
Get as many people as you can to show up two blocks away. Once she is in the building flash mob the book store. Storm the premises and yell WHORE! WHORE! WHORE!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 15r1ttgt.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
15r1ttgt.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>139342531
They targeted gamers.
Gamers.
We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.
We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.
We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.
Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.
These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.
Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
>>
File: 1477860801323.png (514KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
1477860801323.png
514KB, 672x372px
>>139342531
GG TL;DR v0.81
> 2012-2014 Gaming journos go full SJW
> Gamers are now shitlords. Games are now sexist. Game devs now guilty of all sin
> Years of incidents and baiting
> Journos get caught sleeping around with female devs for favours
> Gamers find out, go nuts
> MASSIVE CENSORSHIP CAMPAIGN
(Seriously)
> Doesn't work. Gamers won't let go
> Game Journos declare "Gamers are Dead"
> Even Fence sitters are pissed
> Gamers go all in, write Advertiser emails. Literal 6 figures sums lost by media outlets
> Censorship/Shilling campaigns continue. Sites shutting down/covering up/deleting left and right
> Even moot shuts it down
> Gamers still not letting it go.
> Gaming media increasingly desperate. Finally launch batsignal.
> Mainstream Media drafted in (this finally happened about two months in)
> Three week massive MSM anti-Gamergate shilling campaign. Think the Trump assaulting women stories, or Russian spy shit. Gamergate was actually more sudden and heavier handed than that.
> Gamers are ISIS/Internet Terrorists/MRA Misogynerd Racist Bigots/Mario is Sexism/Video games are Rape Culture.
> Assault on this scale would have worked to shut-up, knock-out, demoralise any other group
> But this is vidya
> Literally all a lot of these autists ever had
> Gamers just don't let it go. SJWs can't have their games, and they've heard it all from the media before anyway
> Gamers (and the devs) wear out the storm.
> MSM gives up after a month, declares victory and leaves
> SJWs left to "mop up". Fail. Every hugbox they have, from twitter to tumblr is overrun with pissed off gamers with gigabytes of dirt

It was the SJWs Stalingrad.
It was the Media's Vietnam.
Everything wrong with journalism, happened during Gamergate.

http://thisisvideogames.com/gamergatewiki/index.php?title=Timeline/August
>>
>>139366203
>>139366203

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA

It's incredibly how fucking salient that game is after all this time

No surprise that major tech companies are pushing ahead massively with open AI technology and machine learning too

I have absolutely no doubt that eventually Google will try to apply some kind of global AI assistant to all chrome browsers

So Trump is Solidus at this point? I feel like /pol/ is Raiden, fresh faced baby to all of this stuff. We Snek?
>>
>>139342531
It was merely a taste

>>139363300
>>139363300
>>139363300
>>
>>139345739
Gamergate was the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand of the current phase of the culture war. It was the first time a group stood up against the SJWs and won.
>>
>>139368423
I've never encountered this pasta before
>>
>>139342531
I watched closely on gamergate back in the days.
What i noticed at the first glance is godawful reaction of 'journalists" you just can't talk to your auditory like that.
Fastforward into future elections, leftist media acted EXACTLY the same way those gameniggers did.
Pride, elitism, better than you attitude. Somehow every shitty journalist suddenly forgot who he is, instead media started to postion itself more like teacher to unwashed stupid masses.
People hate that.
>>
>>139350756
Fill a bottle with your urine. Wear a black mask, dump it on her while calling her a nazi.
>>
>>139366671
>>139368827

It's funny how much that game woke me up at the time.

I don't know why but even at that young age you had a sense that the government was going to invade the internet and technology in a big way

They just needed the right tool to take control
>>
>>139342531
It's when it all started. I'm proud to have been a part of it and even more proud of taking part in the meme wars and still continuing to take part in. I would gladly give my life for my people, in fact I sometimes encourage my enemies to try.
That dumb bitch Zoe quinn, she has no idea whay she started, does she? I don't think we'd be here without that whore
>>
>>139365350
I miss the times when normalfags would ostracize you for playing games. When being "nerdy" was social suicide. I miss when games were "satanic". It kept these fucking whores away. It kept the average braindead normallfag away.
>>
File: 1482925143770.jpg (32KB, 587x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482925143770.jpg
32KB, 587x720px
>>139368991
Do you motherfuckers understand now? DO YOU? Let me spell it out one more time for the densest among you.
This. Is. Not. Just. About. Video games.
These people want to destroy those of you who speak out and control the rest. You've seen them talk on twitter and tumblr, they will happily put you to death if they could and drink your tears while doing so. Video games is one front of a much larger war. It does not begin or end with video games and if you don't fight you are going to lose so much more than just a hobby. This is the end of the war, they have been winning it for years. Gamergate was a surprise resistance that popped up after our "forces" had been routed and slaughtered on the altar of social justice for decades. If you want to live in a world where some histrionic pampered brat and her sniveling cohorts can cry harassment and shut down entire websites then yeah sure do nothing just protect the vidya I guess. If that idea disgusts you then it is time to stand up if you haven't already and fight them on every level. Remember Shirtgate? Remember how they made a motherfucking scientist cry on what should have been the best day of his life? Over a shirt? It's not just about video games these people are monsters in human skin. Fight them!
>>
>>139364835
> We dug too deep

Thank you, you just freed my mind. I'll come back from this ! I needed to see proof, otherwise this was all a psychotic-break fantasy. I have tears in eyes.
>>
>>139342531
What was this over exactly. A feminist critiques a game and you snowflakes cry about it
>>
>>139345569
My nigga, I was one of the 20 people at the bandstand during the rally. Maybe we've met?
>>
File: distraction.jpg (226KB, 640x700px) Image search: [Google]
distraction.jpg
226KB, 640x700px
#GAMERGATE is just another huge circus, freakshow, theater to distract from the sick and perverted jewish activity taking place 24/7.
>>
File: 1503820877681.gif (3MB, 642x414px) Image search: [Google]
1503820877681.gif
3MB, 642x414px
>>139367776

10s on yandex, found her porn cache.

She literally is a whore, and the entire MSM went to defend that subhuman piece of shit.

Liberal media is literally all sub human whores and liars.
>>
>>139369629
I was there and it was glorious. Some people became indie gamedevs thanks to that. Many others became journalists from alternate sites formed during GG, some others simply became aware of the tricks they were pulling on them and walked away. People wished for alternatives. And alternatives happened.

Truly feels like we unplugged a great deal of people.
>>
>>139369749
The opposite really. Bunch of hack journos were talking up a shit game, turned out creator was literally sucking their dicks for publicity. Digging deeper showed it to be business as usual. Babbys first introduction to never trusting the media.
>>
File: 99 nobles.jpg (86KB, 483x349px) Image search: [Google]
99 nobles.jpg
86KB, 483x349px
>>139352947
>99/100 won't know what you are talking about if you say "hey, gamergate".
>>
>>139370197
>promiscuity is a crime
hello achmed!
>>
Its been three years since this happened, and sadly three years since moot the cuck and his team of faggot mods lead by RapeApe and ALTERNATIVE sold all of us out
>>
Don't forget these events:

>Moot and RapeApe ban all talk about GamerGate
>Mass exodus to 8gag begins with oldfags from /v/ and /b/ leaving
>/pol/ finds out moot is dating an intern for Gawker, and that she's cucking him with some Mexican
>moot gets triggered and initiates /pol/ harbour, causing another mass exodus to 8gag
>moot has a mental breakdown and sells the site to the greedy Jap known as Hiro.
>moot then gets a job at Google, the very company he once so vehemently despised
>leaked IRC janitor logs come out revealing the mod known as RapeApe was responsible for the banning of GamerGate talks. The mods Troid, ALTERNATIVE, HD_DVD, VCR_Working, yournamehere and BEAM were also involved
>>
>>139370094
Actually, its one of many instances of perverted jewish acitivty and it's being unearthed serves as an education to those still unaware of their dealings.
>>
>>139370733
Something not being a crime doesn't mean it should be encouraged.
>>
>>139352947
Senile dinosaur upset that hes becoming obsolete

not worth reading desu
>>
>>139345558

First they came for the books, and I said nothing because I was not a reader.

Then they came for the music, and I said nothing because I was not a musician.

Then they came for the movies, and I said nothing because I was not a film goer.

Then they came for the video games, and I said FUCK YOU THIS MEANS WARRRRRRR!!
>>
>>139352947
GamerGate is the catalyst for why censorship in video games first started getting serious notice. The reason it went downhill is due to:

1. Reddit getting heavily involved, thus bringing in underage faggots who had no idea what they were doing.

2. The exodus to 8gag and the creation of the board /gamergatehq/ which was being run by some fur faggot.

3. No coordination at all. 8gag hated Reddit and refused to work with them.

4. The mods banning all talk about it on 4chan, thus making coordination even harder.
>>
File: 1503777130698.png (230KB, 500x913px) Image search: [Google]
1503777130698.png
230KB, 500x913px
>>139370733

>defending a whore

I'm sure m'lday may one day reciprocate your valiant efforts sir obeast
>>
File: 1501663735475.jpg (132KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
1501663735475.jpg
132KB, 1024x789px
Gamergate is what really turned me from a libertarian to alt right. I didn't want this, I just wanted to play games.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (53KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
53KB, 313x470px
>>139342531
>game journalism.
>>
File: 1489895298054.png (142KB, 308x288px) Image search: [Google]
1489895298054.png
142KB, 308x288px
>>139372048
I'd rather fuck a box of used needles than any kind of woman, but I think the gg purity autism is so fucking stupid. No one gives a shit who you have sex with. The only people that do are jealous antisocial assholes who are mad they aren't having sex.
>>
File: 1476381006189.jpg (168KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476381006189.jpg
168KB, 960x720px
>>139369749
>What was this over

Sucking dick, asking for personal/financial/political favors in return then realizing it was par for the course, the course being human history.
>>
>>139363070
i remember when i realized gameinformer was owned by gamestop. that was when i put away my childish fancies and started reading.
>>
>>139371348
Wanted to add. The IRC logs showed that moot had actually gone AWOL at the time GamerGate was really heating up, leaving the mods to fend for themselves. This is due to The Fappening incident that was still going on around the same time. There were also connections and links found that showed moot was actually friends with Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn, and that fueled rumors that they and moot's Gawker girlfriend told him to ban all talk about GamerGate. Also got revealed that RapeApe was the one who decided to ban all talk about GamerGate from the site and from /v/. Sometime earlier this year on /pol/ of all places Swaglord admitted that, while the banning was needed, the handling and rollout was handled poorly, showing that RapeApe just rushed the entire thing out the door without bothering to plan anything out.

Still begs a huge question. Why did RapeApe become second in command so fast? He became a janitor for /r9k/ around 2011 and then suddenly became a mod and moot's most trusted one at that in only one year. Either moot was close friends with him or RapeApe had something on moot
>>
>>139372071
The sad thing is the censorship still continues to go on. Since most video game companies and publishers are based in California, Toronto, Seattle and Austin, many of the people hired are either huge SJW's or die hard progressives.
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 583x926px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 583x926px
jewish fags ruin everything
>>
>>139369749
>Zoe Quinn makes a "game" called depression quest
>it's complete shit, it's not even complete
>gets 10/10s anyway
>Zoe Quinn's bf loses his shit, tells everyone that Quinn is a cheating whore
>turns out she was fucking the people giving her 10s
>thread about it starts on Reddit
>Reddit mods nuke the now 20,000 replies long thread from orbit
>Everyone loses their shit
>media comes out with coordinated attack articles about those vile slut shaming misogynists
>gamers reeeeee back at them

That's literally how it started.
>>
>>139372900
But those people are talentless hacks and their games don't sell. Look at ME: Andromeda.

I just wish they hired average starting dudes as well. Especially writers.
>>
>>139373201
>tfw we saved the world because they messed with our videogames, they really crossed the line with that one. And we psychologically annihilated them with our memes. I wonder how many shills we've pushed over the edge. I'm god damn certain that old rockeffeler fuck having a heart attack was our doing
>>
>>139373984
Man fuck Andromeda. Repetitive uninspired bullshit game. Shit was fucking boring as hell, and not a god damn single woman with long hair, that crossed the line for me.

My advice for the nex seven years is to go inna woods and avoid yellowstone volcano region and east asia, pack some serious heat and dig some sox holes
>>
>>139369378
This. Normalfags and women are cancer, they are the reason the medium is so god dam shit today.
>>
>>139345048
Was thinking the same thing. Is like sarkeesian,Quinn, etc. Just pivoted once they got rekt by generate. They are going after different parts of our lives now.
>>
>>139345048
Yeah but we had better memes n sheit
>>
>>139342531
Fyi I skipped the wall o' text. It's always amazedme at how many people got so butthurt about vidya. Like, real issues don't move you but fuck with your vidya and you're up in arms. Fucking sad.
>>
>>139350756

Do nothing and live a happy life, people. By giving Zoe Quinn attention of any kind, you're making her feel validated.
Attack the people giving her a platform and funneling money to her. She's just a mentally ill useful idiot.
>>
>>139346160
>Pay attention to what matters in life.

Such as?
>>
>>139350092
qt piggu
>>
>>139348615
This. Isn't everyone tired of this bullshit seeping into every aspect of our lives? Isn't it time to push back for good this time?
>>
Remember Quinn ended up with Alex Lipshits too.
(A highly connected trust-fund Jew).
Gamergate exposed this entire cohort of people who shouldn't be anywhere near the medium but for some reason are.
Plus there was the whole DARPA social engineering shit. The further we dug the more messed up it got.
In the end it was the same as all the other bullshit in the world. Jews looking to control it to push their goals.
Gamergate lead me to the JQ. They seek control and subversion to the detriment of everything around them.
>>
File: 1500867779130.jpg (43KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1500867779130.jpg
43KB, 1024x576px
>>139372347

Recap:

>Original comment calls Zoe Quinn a whore, and one backed by Liberal establishment as part of the attack on open public/men
>she literally did soft core pornography, and fucked a bunch of "game journalists", obvious implications for "journalistic integrity", really none to begin with
>obvious implications of such means that she is a subhuman piece of shit, she should not even have a voice, but that doesn't stop the corrupt establishment from trying

A white knighting fur faggot tries to derail a comment/thread about a whore,

>why am I not surprised
>>
File: 662.jpg (51KB, 450x508px) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
51KB, 450x508px
>>139345558
>fuck with books: we don't care
>>
>>139375757
Yeah but (((they))) had ignored vidya. It's only because the normies started playing that (((they))) moved into it in a big way.
I wish it were still a nerd hobby like in the mid 90's.
>>
>>139350756
Jarate.
>>
>>139342531

Essential information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bSAB5OPkwQ
>>
>>139342531
Yea big 4u
>>
>>139352887
>I unironically believe that the most important thing out of GamerGate was Trump being elected.

This. First, I am not a Trump fan, nor did I want the orange buffoon elected. But Gamergate created just enough additional concern among just enough voters in just the right states about the veracity of media reporting to cause Shillary to lose the election.

>>139352947
>99/100 won't know what you are talking about if you say "hey, gamergate". They'd look at you like you were some schizophrenic retard talking about a nonissue like if every person knows about it.

It was only ever about the 1/100 person, and that was all it took.
>>
>>139346160
Exactly,only game i can play now is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on my android phone since you can play it for like 15 mins and then you dip and do more important stuff.
>>
>>139342531
The fuck is gamergate
>>
File: neogaff paranoid of pol on v.png (166KB, 1134x422px) Image search: [Google]
neogaff paranoid of pol on v.png
166KB, 1134x422px
>>139365617

As if I needed more proof that /v/ is a den of lefty subhumans. Only place where I've ever been banned multiple times despite not breaking any board rules. Merely mentioning anything right of Stalin will net you a sweet ban. Place is full of Neofaggots too.
>>
>>139371348
>>139372531

Thanks for the insight on chan politics. I knew Moot was a faggot but I didn't know he was this big of a faggot.

God bless Hiro the greedy Jap. Hope he never sells this shithole to a self-hating westerner.
>>
>>139380124

doesnt he sell our info?
>>
>>139374550

>This is what you get after 5 years of development, millions of dollars thrown at Bioware and a cherry picked 'diverse' team of inexperienced people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igxLpVN50Ro
>>
>>139380492

>implying google and the NSA don't already have our info.

He can sell my info for all I care. At least he doesn't silence my shitposts.
>>
>>139342531
I don't care what you say, Five Guys is great.
>>
>>139380492
Everyone on /pol/ is already on a list.
>>
>>139367066
Kane & Lynch say hi. Of course whatever his name is cucked out in the end.
>>
>>139345286
Pol often has a stick up its ass. Youtubers have redpilled millions, and many of the successful "rightwing" tubers came from here.

We can't forget that to win we have to leave the boards and enter the normies arena.
>>
>>139345286
YouTube, Twitter, Google searches, etc are all infected with SJWs now. Only right-leaning thought will be censored while anti-white, anti-male, or anti-western civilization will be perfectly fine.

Even supporting the president is considered hate speech to these radical leftists. Attacking the medium, not the idea, is the only way leftists can win.
>>
File: IMG_20170628_124000.jpg (88KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170628_124000.jpg
88KB, 500x701px
>>139352947

> explained what it was to my grandad

> "Huh, so like the payola scandal in the 50s?"

> "Yup, except this time anyone exposing the scandal is called a sexist."

He's almost 80 and got it, and thinks it's funny as hell seeing journalists get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Normies care about corrupt journalists and their hyperbolic reaction to it. Gamergate combined with the media calling the Tea Party Nazis ad nauseum since 2012 open a lot of people's eyes.
>>
>>139354395
That's literally what the CIA does EVERYWHERE it goes. That's kike 101, divide divide divide, buy buy buy
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.