[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Trump a Racist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Trump-lemon.jpg (87KB, 618x406px) Image search: [Google]
Trump-lemon.jpg
87KB, 618x406px
http://slatestarcodex.com/2017/08/27/ot83-slippery-slopen-thread/#comment-540709

>"Do you agree with Trump's claim that there were "fine people on both sides" of the Charlottesville riots? How does that claim affect your view that Trump is not a racist?"
>Of course I don't agree with it. I've grown up in modern Blue Tribe culture. I know that if I agree with it, everyone I know will hate me and I'll never be able to show my face in polite society again. The commenter above me gets this exactly right.
>But if I didn't know that, I might answer the same way as if you asked me whether there might ever be good people in Hamas, or in the Chinese Communist Party during Mao, or in the IDF, or in the Mafia. I would default to my belief that goodness doesn't clearly and evenly divide along political lines. I would remember stories like the one about how a black guy befriended KKK members and has so far convinced over 200 of them to leave the organization, and so there was apparently some fundamental decency lurking in those people. I would think about how many people join organizations without really understanding them, or how many people get raised with really weird beliefs and have trouble shaking them off. I would think about how many incredibly bizarre beliefs I hold that most people throughout history would think are evil. And then I would just roll my eyes at you.
>Trump isn't a part of modern Blue Tribe culture, and so he doesn't realize that all decent enlightened people have to admit that Hamas has some good-but-misled people in it, but only a Nazi bigot could believe that a protest against removing a Confederate statue could have the same. So instead of doing the correct thing and pointing out that they are all inhuman vermin who have no redeeming qualities and can only be met with violence, he foolishly applied the cultural norms suitable for someone like Hamas in this situation. Oops!
>>
>>139287883

>But on a more fundamental level, I just hate this question and this whole class of questions. Defend this thing Trump did, or else he's a Nazi! Okay, now defend this thing Trump did, or else he's a Nazi! Oh yeah, then defend this thing Trump did or else he's a Nazi! I think many people do weird and horrible things for reasons other than them being Nazis, but if you ask me to justify a couple hundred of them on an individual basis, they're all going to come off as me being mealy-mouthed, and saying it's just a weird coincidence, and making excuses (see the Atlantis metaphor on the original Wolf post). Finally you'll conclude that he's a Nazi. And probably by that point you'll add that I'm biased in favor of him and also a Nazi.
>All I can say is that this is how individual and cultural differences work. I think George Washington, Pericles, Ron Paul, and King Abdullah of Jordan are neither Nazis nor monsters, but I'm sure you could find a hundred statements by each which are so foreign to either of our moral systems that I couldn't defend them, and I'd look Soft On Evil if I even tried. I think it's impossible for a lot of my interlocutors here to conceive of a culture that treats pro-Confederate-statue protesters with the same level of grace that it treats Hamas members, and that it's definitely impossible for them to conceive of a really different culture, that would cause non-monster people to do things that only monsters would do from within ours. And that"s not even taking into account different mind-designs.
>>
>>139287973

>If you just lack that fundamental understanding that people really thinking different from you is possible, then every time someone does something you wouldn't, you're going to interpret it as you + secretly evil. And then you're going to ask me to defend it, and since I don't have the superpower to instantly understand every other worldview and mind-design and inject that understanding directly into your brain, I'm just going to be able to come up with some kind of pathetic "Eh, maybe it's not what it seems". And I'll lose status for having to defend the indefensible, and you won't be convinced.
>All I can do is ask you to remember all those people using Obama's poor condemnations of terrorism as proof that he was secretly pro-terrorist. Which is more likely: that the one person you hate the most happens to hold an incredibly evil position that almost nobody does (and that he's shown no other large-scale signs of in his life outside weird ambiguous statement-making) but which would be incredibly useful to your political side in tarring him with the worst accusation with which one can possibly tar someone? Or that you don't really understand other people that well, and sometimes they say things that would be awkward or bad in your ontology?
>I'm not going to answer these kinds of "WELL HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN TRUMP SAYING X?" questions further on an individual basis, and any time someone asks me to I'm going to link them back here.
>>
I fucking hope so
>>
>>139287883
yes, he hates all nonwhite

hes said it many times during his KKK rallies.
>>
>>139288367
I'm waiting for CNN to literally say that.
>>
>>139288367
He also ass rapes women.
>>
>>139290737
He doesn't ass rape them. He "grab[s] 'em by the pussy".
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.