[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a scientific reason why Asians are so good at math?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: ccf_20170201_reeves_2.png (25KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
ccf_20170201_reeves_2.png
25KB, 768x512px
Is there a scientific reason why Asians are so good at math?
>>
>>139266464
they cheat, and thats a fact.
>>
>>139266464
It's all the time spent counting the dead from the various wars they lost.
>>
>>139266464
The world wide average for oriental iqis lower compared to white iq, (((they))) just ignore the billion toothless rice patty farmers and want you to be demoralized..
>>
>>139266464
Genes. They have higher IQs.
>>
>>139266629
>>139268460
Both of these are true. You can't trust most Asian country's numbers, the massive cultural pressure they have to succeed drives them to do illegitimate things. Things such as cheating on tests, studying specifically for IQ and PISA tests, and only sampling students that are likely to perform well (i.e. China only samples students in cities, and of those only those that performed well in school, resulting in heavily skewed results so they can brag that China stronk). I only have a moderate degree of trust in Japan, Korea, and Singapore's numbers. And even then, they should still to be taken with a grain of salt, as their parenting culture is so different; children don't really play, they have their whole days scheduled, from school, to music lessons, to math lessons, to some extracurricular group, to maybe a sport. If you took a Northern European country and regimented kids lives the same way Japan does, I would bet a significant sum of money that they would outperform Japan.
>>
>>139266464

Asians migrating to America represent the smartest people from a population numbering in the billions. North East Asians have similar genetic IQ as Europeans, but due to rice farming/centralization they have better genetics for memory and visuo-spatial skills and worse potential for being intellectually self-starting and for emotional intelligence.
>>
>>139266464
why are japanese so smart?
>>
File: iq3.png (204KB, 982x739px) Image search: [Google]
iq3.png
204KB, 982x739px
higher average iq
>>
>>139266464
their brains are just better on average.
They also get worked harder in that field as children.
>>
They have the discipline to learn it properly
>>
>>139266464
Superior brain mass.

East Asians do cheat, but they're also very smart. One doesn't discount the oter
>>
File: 1481520757112.png (222KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481520757112.png
222KB, 500x500px
>>139270020
true

South Korea has, or at least had, the highest rate of teenage suicide in the world because their parents pushed them so fucking hard to get good grades and out perform their peers.

It just destroys their creativity and childish wonder. It's terrible parenting

Kids need to play, not 6 hour violin lessons
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.