[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saved by faith alone, works, or a combination of both?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: LeBabyGroot.jpg (63KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
LeBabyGroot.jpg
63KB, 620x470px
Are Christians still under Old Testament Law? If not, what did Apostle Paul mean by this...

>Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. (Romans 3:31)

Also, are Christians saved by faith alone or must they do good works. If they are saved by faith alone, what did Apostle Paul mean by this...

>For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10)

And finally, how does one define "good works" if not by the law? If you are saved by faith alone but must still do "good works", doesn't God define good works as obeying the law? Which would then in essence mean that you must obey the law?
>>
If you truly have faith, you will do good works. Just because you do good works doesn't mean you have faith. So I guess I believe mostly in faith, but it's sort of a mix of both.
>>
>>139257933
See James 2

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
>>
>>139257933
I think what you've found is evidence that the bible was literally hacked together from different texts with different authors that attempts to create a co-herent story but ultimately fails.

One moment you've got the guy telling you to turn the other cheek, the next moment you he's telling you he's coming to bring a sword and turn father against son.

If the bible was a work released today it would recieve poor ratings and would likely ruin the career of whoever released it.
>>
8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—9not by works,so that no one can boast.
>>
>>139257933
I am the way the truth and the light
none come to the father except through me
>>
File: 1503345427966.jpg (119KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1503345427966.jpg
119KB, 900x675px
>>139257933
You're saved by faith alone. The Gospels are clear as daylight.

2 Timothy 1:9
>Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

Titus 3:5
>NOT BY WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT WE HAVE DONE, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Galatians 2:16
>Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, AND NOT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Ephesians 2:9
>For BY GRACE are ye saved through faith; AND NOT OF YOURSELF: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:20
>Therefore by the DEEDS OF THE LAW there shall NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW is manifested being witnessed by the law and the prophets.

Galatians 3:11
>But that NO MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Hebrews 10:38- 39
>Now the just shall LIVE BY FAITH: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that BELIEVE to the SAVING of the soul.

1 John 5:10-11
>He that BELIEVETH ON THE SON OF GOD hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

John 6:28-29
>Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT YE BELIEVE ON HIM WHOM HE HATH SENT?
>>
>>139259088
>>139257933

One moment you've got him saying "Yeah just join our g̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ religion and you can go to heaven".. Likely when on a recruitment drive.

Next moment he's saying he doesn't over-ride the old laws because he doesn't want to make enemies with pre-existing religion. Nor get crucified by the romans.

This book is worse than hillary clinton changing her story based on who she's talking to.
>>
>>139259391
>the epistles are the gosple
>ignoring James 2

Prottie detected
>>
>>139257933
You're confusing salvation with follow God's law. We should obviously follow God's laws on this earth, to show our obedience to him and for him to bless us. If we constantly break God's laws, he will punish us in this life.

But your works will not save you. Only through faith in Jesus Christ will you be saved. The Bible could not be any clearer on this.

The Bible even says that faith is dead before man, and works is dead before God. Because man can not see your faith, only your works, and your works are as filthy rags before God.
>>
>>139259558
>James 2
What particular passages are you referring to?
>>
>>139259706
14-26
>>
>>139257933
If you have time anon, I recommend watching this entire video. It will have the answers you seek. We are saved through our faith in Christ and not through any good works of our own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzt8ffkxGpY
>>
>>139259088
>One moment you've got the guy telling you to turn the other cheek, the next moment you he's telling you he's coming to bring a sword and turn father against son.
you don't even get the context

>>139259474
>Yeah just join our g̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ religion and you can go to heaven
it doesn't say that

stop huffing paint fumes
>>
File: ThomasCole-Pilgrim_Cross_End.jpg (180KB, 1447x957px) Image search: [Google]
ThomasCole-Pilgrim_Cross_End.jpg
180KB, 1447x957px
>>139259391
This is how salvation begins. It is a process though, and is continued by "faith working through love" (Galatians 5:6).

Think of it as Christ *working* through us, all enabled by grace and with the cooperation of the will (itself enabled by grace). Because it is all by grace, God still gets the glory.

Two verses to help:

"God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger." Romans 2:6-8

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." Galatians 6:7-8

Clearly the above verses link works to eternal life, and notice these are Pauline in origin. Godspeed in your studies.
>>
>>139259820
Uhm, yes? It says that faith without works is dead in the eyes of man, because man can not see your faith, only your works. It even says in verse 23 that "Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness".

For goodness sake, it's even referencing the story of Abraham from Romans 4:2-4:
>For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; BUT NOT BEFORE GOD;
>For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
>Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
>>
File: 1494423289903.jpg (27KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
1494423289903.jpg
27KB, 480x445px
It's kinda a philosophical question. To what extent can you have faith without it manifesting itself in your behavior in some way, and to what extent can you entertain unfaithful, ungodly, or downright wicked thoughts without them manifesting themselves in your behavior? Does good/evil behavior that you engage in on a whim reflect that some part of you has a reason to do that? Maybe you can tell yourself you're not faithful, and earnestly believe that, while still being faithful at a subconscious level through pure conditioning.

I'd argue it's the inverse, that good works are a sufficient sign that someone is bound for heaven, because people can and often do say horrible and irresponsible things while proceeding to do the right thing.
>>
>>139257933
>still under Old Testament Law?
In a sense, yes. Outside of Christ, the OT law condemns us, even now. In Christ one is a new creation however. Christ fulfills the law perfectly (then and now). The Christian living under grace is "in Christ". A bit like how a submarine protects one from the crushing pressure outside, so does being in Christ protect from the weight of the law.

>Also, are Christians saved by faith alone or must they do good works.

Faith working through love. These are not everyday works, but of a special kind enabled by grace. Here is a helpful analogy for salvation by "faith working through love":

You are a sheep, among others in a barren place. A shepherd wishes to lead you all to an abundant pasture. He calls all of you, by name. Some sheep however do not trust and ignore him (no faith) and stay rooted. Other sheep trust but are lazy and choose not to follow (faith without works). Some follow for a little while but get distracted and wander off (Good start but fall away). Finally some sheep both trust and follow the shepherd continuously and in doing so, after a long journey, arrive at the pasture.

Looking back the sheep that make it remember many times when the good shepherd had to prod them, feed them, tend to them, and protect them from the wolves. It becomes clear that even their trust in him and the work of the journey were made possible by him alone.
>>
>>139260843
Sorry sir, I don't agree about that. You can not be saved if you trust in your own works. Of course we SHOULD do good works, but that's not what saves us.

If we trust our own works, we have rebuked Christ's sacrifice and told him that what He did was not enough. I'm sorry, but Christ's sacrifice was perfect and we accept his gift for free through faith.
>>
>>139263738
I think fondly of your view, I really do. It is mostly correct as long as we are talking about the first moments of salvation in a Christian's life.

There is a middle part and end part of salvation however.

How do you reconcile your view with the two verses I posted from Romans and Galatians. Is "doing" and "sowing to please the Spirit" not work (of grace) related?

The continuation of the salvation process involves both faith and works of grace. In a sense they are not one's own works, but Christ's own in them.

Sanctification is a necessary part of salvation because nothing unclean can enter Heaven. You are not yet perfect (I am sure you are aware that you still sin, as we all do) and one must be made perfect to enter eternal life. This is a process.

The road is long and I wish my brothers well. I write from a Catholic perspective with love for my protestant brothers.

"...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." Philippians 2:12-13
>>
>>139266010
Well, I think the Galatians verse is quite clear that there's sowing of the flesh, and sowing of the spirit, and it's the spirit part that saves us. Because if you look at the rest of Galatians, it's one of the most clear books on faith based salvation. For example:

>Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, AND NOT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

I think we have to separate flesh and spirit.
>>
>>139266010
I think we have to separate flesh and spirit, just like how Romans 4 tells us that Abraham was justified by the works of the law... but not before God. He was only justified before man, because man sees your works but not your faith. Your works is a testament to your faith, but God can see your faith just fine!
>>
>>139257933

>Romans 10:9 : If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Salvation is described as a gift. Gift's aren't earned, they are given. Salvation through works implies you live up to God's perfect standard.
>>
>>139257933
>>
>>139257933
christ cannot save. jesus was a gay pedophile who raped a boy he resurrected then married his mother. abraham was a schizophrenic babyfucker. paganism is the only way. any other way and you must kill yourself.
>>
See it as your birthday;
It's your birthday (will describe as life) , people / family are coming over. You get gifts (salvation), you didn't work for it, it is just part of the birthday (life), as you have guests, you take care of them / provide with food and drink s ( good works), you have a nice time etc serving when they need something because that's part of having guests. But everything comes to an end, the guests leave (death) and you're alone with the gifts you got (salvation).
>>
>>139257933
>Also, are Christians saved by faith alone or must they do good works. If they are saved by faith alone

No, Christians are saved by God who offers salvation to the undeserving. The bit about works is interesting and confusing, but I interpret it as something that is predictable among the saved. No, works don't save you, but as James said, true faith is recognized by good works. It should be a natural occurance among those who are saved to do good works, an overflow of their heart and priorities.
>>
>>139257933
You are saved by faith. You are justified by works and faith. It says these thing verbatim in the bible. I don't know why this is so hard for people.
>>
>>139257933
> looking to "paul" for answers about the nazarene
> "paul" is really (((saul of tarsus))) a sadducee persecutor of the early christians and the real apostles
> christ gave the keys of the kingdom to peter
> (((saul))) says jesus changed his mind and meant for him to run the church
> writes a bunch of shit about christ, even though he never met the nazarene
> none of his shit comports with the gospels and the actual words of christ
> invents a "new covenant" when christ himself said he was come to restore the OLD COVENANT that had been broken by the rise of talmudic legalisms and money worship
> jesus, a rabbi made a new contract and didnt bother to tell any of the guys who had been following him around israel for the last 20 years
> only reveals this super important shit to (((saul))) when nobody is around to witness it
> "new covenant" conveniently makes (((saul))) the head of the church and ensures a dogmatic hierarchy of men who can contradict the word of god, the prophets and even jesus himself
> (((pure coincidence))) that the new catholicism looks very much like the talmudic judaism jesus was opposing

read the gospels of matthew mark luke and john if you want to know the teachings of christ
the rest is all paulite heresy and jewish trickery
>>
>>139257933
Saved by faith alone. What Paul is saying is that you should do good works to show appreciation and to model yourself after christ.

Nowhere in the bible does it say a good deed erases a sin. Nowhere. The old covenant is and laws are basically deprecated. Christ made them obsolete. God handed down the law to show man that he is incapable of following it. Hence, the entire reason for jesus christ - to pardon you of your sin, your flawed nature. Salvation by works or any action is a slap in the face to christ. You're basically saying to god that his death wasn't sufficient. It's heresy.
>>
File: Frenchie.gif (231KB, 972x546px) Image search: [Google]
Frenchie.gif
231KB, 972x546px
>>139257933
Here we go a-fucking again...
Here we go a-fucking again...

Catholics believe it's "WORKS THROUGH FAITH"
YOUR ACTIONS ARE THROUGH FAITH.
YOU JUST CAN'T SAY YOU BELIEVE AS PROTESTANTS WOULD LIKE.

NO, NO, ONCE AGAIN, FUCKING NO !!!
THERE ARE CONCRETE, HARD EXAMPLES OF THIS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE BIBLE:
SO-AND-SO DID THIS BECAUSE HE HAD FAITH...

SHEEEEE-IT !!
I_ GET_ SO_ SICK_ OF_ THIS_ LIE_ BY_ PROTESTANTS !!_
>>
>>139272529
> old laws are obsolete
show me where jesus said the old covenant was obsolete.
show me where he detailed this new covenant saul of tarsus insists was so important that jesus couldnt trust the 12 guys who followed him around judea for 20 years.

show me where jesus wrote this new covenant down, since he was a rabbi, a scholar and a man of letters.

youre listening to a literal sadducee who persecuted the real apostles for decades and NEVER EVEN SPOKE TO CHIST

"paul" is a pack of lies, heresy and jewish trickery
>>
>>139257933
Christians uphold the spirit of the law without following the letter of it. This was necessary because Jews were (and still are) following the letter of the law without following the spirit of it. Ex/ a shabbos goy. The spirit of the law is to abstain from all work and other prohibitions on the sabbath. The Jews follow the letter of the law, by not technically doing any work, but not the spirit because they simply hire someone else to do their work and whatnot for them. They're essentially trying to out lawyer God "But we weren't technically working YHWH, it's not our fault you weren't clearer!" Enter Christianity, where the whole point is not the technicality of what you are doing but the spirit of what you are doing. That's why Christ dealt so much with intentions rather than the consequences of actions: both are important, but if you focus too much on one you lose sight of the other. Jews were and are too focused on only the direct consequences and not their intentions, so Jesus was sent, in part, to set them straight.
As for whether we're saved by faith alone or by faith plus works (works alone is literally Judaism and doesn't make sense in the context of God), I'd say faith alone makes more sense. God is perfect. Man is not, because he has free will: free to succeed and free to fail. But more than that, who has never looked lustfully at a pretty woman? Or coveted someone else's stuff? Or hated someone? Can you honestly say that if God were the one controlling your life, you would have done everything exactly the same, you have been the best possible you, ever day, since you were born? Everyone knows the answer to these questions, because we all know that we think and act imperfectly: this is the concept of original sin played out. We all know that we are not perfect, and if we were to be judged by a perfect judge, we would all rightful be condemned to hell. (1/2)
>>
>>139268468
>Salvation is described as a gift. Gift's aren't earned, they are given. Salvation through works implies you live up to God's perfect standard.

This. It's a gift. You didn't earn it. Stop spitting in god's face through self righteousness. As with Pharoah, god hardens some people's hearts, and softens others. He elects who is saved by his grace and who believes. It has NOTHING to do with you.

He chooses who swallows blue pills and who swallows red pills. Who has ears to hear and eyes to see, and who does not. Most people will remain blue pilled and perish. Others he will make red pilled, and save. He's the potter. He gets to decide what to do with each of us. He is the architect.
>>
>>139273368
if paul said that god did not walk the earth in human form, I will join your reddit space crusade
for some reason I think you will be unable to show me that
>>
>>139272529
>God handed down the law to show man that he is incapable of following it.
That is such a strange idea and yet I have heard this so often repeated. What exactly is so difficult about the law, that you would be incapable of following it? I would assume, that apart from the diet and your clothing you are already following most that you are able to with no temple and levitical priesthood around.
Maybe someone might have problems with covetousness, but I'm sure you are able to not kill, not steal, not commit adultery and to take a day off every saturday without becoming a nervous wreck.
Seriously, the bible even tells you of people that "walk in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless" (e.g. Luke 1:6)
>>
>>139273494
> literally opposite of what christ said
anyone can be saved through faith and amending his life

good works are a simple and unavoidable by-product of true faith.
you cant be faithful to christ and still be a douchebag, a cunt and a dickwad.

chirst didnt say "god has already picked who can be saved and who he will reject before the first words of the nazarene are heard"
chist said he came to show the way that the jews had abandoned.

he came not to destroy the laws and the prophets but to fulfill them.
the talmudic heresy of legalism, gold worship and rejection of the covenant when it was inconvenient is why the israelites spent so much time in bondage
the nazarene came to restore the laws and the words of the prophets to prominence in hebrew life, instead of moneygrubbing and legalisms.

are you aware that the talmud explicitly states that it can overrule even the direct word of god himself?

judaism doesnt follow the laws of the god of abraham, judaism is a corrupt heresy that turns gods words and the the prophets into a prop that can be used to explain why you should listen to MEN while they tell you "god was just kidding when he laid down the laws, what he REALLY meant was..."

the paulite heresy is the same trick, performed by literally the same clowns, the sadducees and pharisees (of which "paul" was one) were the moneychangers and merchants christ drove from the temple. they are the lawyers and "scholars" who transformed the god of abraham into nothing more than a fetish, while they turned their hearts to the worship of moloch, mammon and money
>>
>>139257933
Faith without works is bullshit.
>>
>>139257933
You can only get to my father through me.
-Jesus Christ
>>
>>139258650
>this
>>
>>139273811
"paul" hijacked the teachings of christ with exactly the same tricks the sadducees used on the israelites.
he placed the words of MEN above the word of god, claimed the old laws were just a joke, and he was gonna show you the new hotness which only he cn share, cuz christ didnt feel the need to tell any of this shit to his posse. he was saving the really good shit for (((saul of tarsus))) and you can take saul's word for that...

read matthew mark luke and john, then read the other shit and see if you can spot the problem.
obviously youre pretty dumb, since i spelled it all out in plain english, but try anyhow.

(((saul))) hijacked the church from peter, to whom christ specifically gave the keys to the kingdom, in front of unimpeachable witnesses, while (((saul))) says chist changed his mind and decided to give the keys to him, without a single witness to this unexpected turn of events.

sounds legit right?
>>
File: 1481568984335.png (463KB, 512x497px) Image search: [Google]
1481568984335.png
463KB, 512x497px
>>139257933
>>
>>139257933
basically, Jesus made it so we are not under strict Jewish custom. But Christians are called to obey God meaning we do follow the rules. But we are saved by Jesus's sacrifice & the mercy of God . Thats the hook, there is only one way to Heaven & its straight through Jesus....but if you have an ounce of love in you for Jesus & his Dad you gladly try to be obedient....So faith is very important ...but we are not saved because of ourselves, we are saved because the Man made us a promise....and he doesn't go back on his promises ...
>>
File: IMG_3653.jpg (86KB, 475x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3653.jpg
86KB, 475x387px
>>139257933
Saved by faith, works, and devotion to our Intercessor Mary through her Blessed Heart.
>>
>>139273406
But God created us, so wouldn't it be kind of unfair to judge creations which he made imperfect against perfection? It is sort of like judging a ball for rolling down a hill imperfectly: there is a perfect path, one which the person who set the ball up knows, but the ball cannot, because it cannot see what comes next, it has to just keep rolling. As a result, there is none perfect, no not one. All deserve hell and know they deserve it. Even if a man had lived his whole life in the best possible way, the one time he slipped up would condemn him to hell, for it doesn't whether you fall short by an inch or by a mile when you're talking about perfection. It is for this reason that the concept of a perfect judge, God, logically requires a perfect sacrifice, Christ, in order to save humanity. The sacrifice of a sinless man would not even be sufficient, as his sacrifice would only apply to him and only he would then be saved. No, it must be a sinless man that was also an incarnation of God, and therefore infinite in nature, in order to save others. With his suffering and death, Christ took upon the sins of the world. Thinking about it another way, by having faith in Christ's suffering, death, and resurrection, you are accepting Christ's offer to substitute your own sins for his perfection. Through faith, you essentially switch places: he lives a perfect, sinless life through you, justifying you in the eyes of God, while the imperfect you is tortured and set upon the cross for your sins. And as he conforms himself to your image, so you conform to his. Through this transitive substitution you are justified in the eyes of God, but you are not sanctified. To be sanctified you fulfill your end of the deal and conform yourself to the image of Christ, which is the process of sanctification. This process of sanctification is what justifies you to man (but not to God), as man can see deeds but only God can see belief. (1 more, short)
>>
>>139276138
> saying shit that is 100% wrong
at this, you are an expert.

> he doesn't go back on his promises
except the nazarene gave PETER "the keys too the kingdom" and charged him with running the church on earth, but then (according to you and (((saul of tarsus))...) jesus said "aww fuck that shit, muh boi (((saul))) is the new top dawg, imma take them keys from peter, who followed me around israel for decades, and proved he was a righteous man of faith, and imma give them to this guy that nobody ever saw in my entourage, and who was in fact one of the niggas who had me nailed to across. this nigga legit."

well, im convinced.

> ignoring the gospels and the literal red letter words of christ himself in favour of the easier path put forth by (((saul of tarsus)))
> ascribing statements to jesus found nowhere in the actual gospels
> surely (((saul of tarsus))), a sadducee, and persecutor of the REAL apostles wouldnt lie when he said jesus changed his mind and gave him the keys, when jesus clearly and unambiguously gave those keys to PETER in front of witnesses...
> falling for jewish tricks
> meme flag
yeah, tell me more about your biblical scholarship.
>>
>>139276584
So both are important: faith justifies you to God but not man, works justify you to man and sanctify you to God. From true faith should flow good works, as one is conformed to the image of Christ. In fact, only works done through faith really count as good works because intentions matter; if one is doing good in order to seem justified to his fellow man, that is not a good work. That is a good deed done in the name of pride, or guilt, or conformity, etc. A good work must be done with respect to God, to do good for the sake of doing good, for the highest possible ideal in order for it to truly be a good work. Not because you are trying to showcasing how holy you are, but because you are a humble servant of God, here to do good for goodness sake.
>>
>>139258650
>fp
>bp

It keeps HAPPENING.
>>
>>139274638

If you break one law you are guilty of all 10.

You can reasonably go your entire life without stealing, murdering, or committing adultery. But if you covet anything, or list after anything you're guilty of everything.
>>
>>139259088
Brainletitis must be eradicated as a disease.
>>
File: 1495254639532.png (1MB, 1474x541px) Image search: [Google]
1495254639532.png
1MB, 1474x541px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXuHVg9Uudw

SOLA
O
L
A

FIDE
I
D
E
>>
File: 1500168643777.jpg (123KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500168643777.jpg
123KB, 500x400px
>>139257933
>And finally, how does one define "good works"
You can all parts of christianity under the definition of "spook".

Lmao, fucking roaches
>>
>>139278610
> shit that is entirely incorrect; The Post.
you can never be more wrong than you are now.

the ten commandments are not a single run on sentence and violating any part thereof violates the entirety.
thats retarded.

"coveting your neighbors goods" is actively scheming and plotting to take these things from him, not merely being envious of his green ass lawn, fresh car and tight bootied wife

if you are envious, the approved solution is to work your ass off and try to get your lawn as green, fix your jalopy up so it's as fresh as his, and become a better person so you can get yourself a wife with an even higher and tighter butt, praise jehovah

try to be less stupid.
>>
>>139278613
>>139260203
what does it fucking say then?
>>
>>139257933
How the fuck does this make any sense? Why would an omnipotent god go back on his word and change it later on?
>>
>>139281354
read the gospels of matthew, mark luke and john.
conmtemplate the words in red letters and how they describe the man who spoke them
once you have constructed a reasonable understanding of The Nazarene and what he said, did annd stood for, only then can you examine the rest of the "new testament" and try to figure out why (((saul of tarsus))) could write so much crap in the name of a man he never met, a messiah he never believed in, and a savior for whom he never sacrificed a thing.
(((saul))) directly contradicts the words of christ, manufactures shit out of whole clloth and transforms jesus' message of Making Israel Great Again into "get into heaven with 5 easy tricks! you wont believe #4!!! god hates this one!!!"

(((saul of tarsus))) hijacked the church of christ and re-worked it wit the same dogmatic legalisms and rejection of the word of god and his prophets that has plagued "judaism" for centuries
>>
>>139281517
The moral laws presented in the OT still apply. The ceremonial and judicial laws are voided with the new covenant brought by Christ and his sacrifice.
>>
>>139278762
OP? Did you finally come back after changing your ip? Nice troll thread.
>>
>>139272529
>Christ made them obsolete
Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
>>
>>139283265
> "new covenant"
> not found in any of the gospels
> The Nazarene didnt feel the need to share this vital information with any of his disciples, nor did he bother to mention it in his sermons
> only shared this New Hotness with (((saul of tarsus))) who spent his time persecuting the apostles in his job as a SADDUCEE!!!!
> jesus told (((saul))) he was taking back the keys to the kingdom from peter and giving them to (((saul)))
> no really, you can believe him! he even changed his name to "paul" so that proves he was suddenly a believer in christ!

sounds legit.
>>
>>139283872
muh nigga!
paul is a scammer a theif and a liar!
dont fall for jewish tricks
>>
>>139257933
By faith alone. None does good; no, not even one.

OT covenant was fulfilled by Christ dying on the cross. You are not beholden to Mosaic law given to the ancient people of Israel. Old law directly conflicts with the new covenant, anyway.
>>
>>139272497
This. Even Jesus says all you need is the good news.
>>
>>139272529
Plus, if Christ made the OT obsolete, why are we abiding the ten commandments? It is possibly the worst thing you can do by abiding by some of the laws.

Revelations 3:15-16 "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth."

You are saved by your faith in god. That is an undeniable fact. But good deeds are derived from your faith. You can't have one without the other.
>>
File: IMG_0114.png (790KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0114.png
790KB, 1136x640px
>>139257933
You do both. Righteousness is defined by the law, you must keep the Sabbath, among other things presented in the Torah.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.