[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning a second language

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

What language should I learn if I want to preserve the values of Western civilization? I was thinking German but since they are so cucked now it seems like a bad choice. Should I learn French? What other languages can you guys speak?
>>
ancient greek
>>
File: 1503375565628.jpg (77KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
1503375565628.jpg
77KB, 750x740px
>>139234170

Be like me and learn Mandarin

>Inb4 someone posts the pasta
>>
>>139234170
Dutch and the Nordic languages (Danish/Swedish/Norwegian) are the closest to English, so I'd go with one of those.
>>
>>139234170
Python /.
>>
>>139234170
Myself I know English (born American), Norwegian (grew up in Norway), and German (self taught over the past year).
I'd say German is a safe bet; but you need to go for one that you will be motivated for. I'm motivated because I want to read German literature, and I like reading transcripts of NSDAP speeches. Germany was the cultural capital of the world in its day; it does not hurt to not be forced to rely upon translations when accessing this vast source of knowledge and intellect.
>>
>>139234246
Also this. Actually been learning ancient Greek too the past year along with my German; it's a lot harder, especially because it's a dead language. Do you read ancient Greek well anon?
>>
Italian. Because it sounds cool.
>>
>>139234170
Arabic.
>>
>>139234170
arabic and biblical greek for the win
>>
>>139234170
why would you want to learn french, learn latin or ancient greek if it's not for work and just for culture
>>
>>139234170
>care about preservation
>discards one of the most prevalent languages because "lol they are cucked:)"

Just another anti-german thread. You either don't understand what 'preservation' is or you simple don't care. Either way fuck off.
>>
>>139234993
American in Italy, no it doesn't. It's literally as cliche and awful sounding as anything stereotyping Italians sounds.
>>
>>139234170
Latin!
>>
File: lord baelish.gif (811KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
lord baelish.gif
811KB, 480x320px
>>139234454
underrated
>>
>be native english speaker
>think you can learn other languages properly and even treat them as if they were material things you can collect just for the sake of autism or something
>end up learning nothing because is too lazy to put extra time on it or not willing to fully understand grammatical stuff that isn't overly simplified like english

Why is it always the eternal anglo doing that?

>don't get mad OP, just some nice bantz here.
>>
>>139234170
Korean
>>
I started learning French in middle school and ended up getting a minor in it at university. it's good for impressing women especially if you can get the nasal sounds down. however, not many people in the US know it and I am losing the near fluency that I once had.
>>
>>139234170
english, spanish, french, and some latin
japanese
>>
>>139234170
welsh
>>
>>139236214
I'm thinking about it best korea, maybe in a couple of years. I'm at N2 level Japanese now, so hopefully that will aid the learning process a bit. Makes me happy to think that the writing system could be mastered in a few hours.
>>
File: BabyTrumpsLegoWall.jpg (79KB, 784x643px) Image search: [Google]
BabyTrumpsLegoWall.jpg
79KB, 784x643px
Spanish, so you can tell illegals they have to go back. Deben salir.
>>
>>139234454
On the topic of that meme.
Do I learn PHP and SQL and will I make money don't that?
>>
>>139234861
Stop lying
>>
>>139234170

spanish, south america will be the new homeland for the white males
>>139194178
>>
>>139234170
The only reason to learn Spanish is if you're too lazy to press 1.
>>
>>139234170
I know English, Greek (modern and ancient), some Latin and some Russian. German would be good to know too.
>>
File: IMG_4587.jpg (121KB, 922x735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4587.jpg
121KB, 922x735px
I myself have been considering learning Russian (pyccкий). Western Europe needs to have a good relationship with Eastern Europe.
>>
>>139240375
>moist nugget
disgusting
>>
>>139240515
Please do not disrespect Moist-Nugget.
>>
File: 1471791635772.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471791635772.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>>139234170
Learn Finnish and Estonian. I've taught my friends enough Finnish for us to carry on simple, coded conversations in public with no worries of anyone understanding what we're saying.
>>
>>139234170
I'm starting Polish in like a month.
Know English as my second language. Seems Poland is our last chance.
>>
>>139240758
What resources did you use to learn these languages? Doesn't Finnish have really complicated conjugation?
>>
>>139234861
>dead language
Topkek.Every single "dead" ancient greek word has simply become a compound in modern greek.
>>
I speak "5" languages thanks to my parents. What should I learn now?
>English
>German
>Italian, Portuguese (Brazil edition), Spanish (same shit very little that differentiates them)
>>
I've been learning French and dabbling in German, but had to stop because the gov't contract I go through ended, so I'm waiting for the new program to start.

>>139236147
>english is overly simplified
Your tenuous grasp of English itself is enough evidence that you have no idea what you're talking about. How ironic.
>>
I've studied quite a few foreign languages and it did me virtually no good when I finally went to Spain and France. The hardest part isn't actually learning, but getting the guts to speak to natives in their own country. But then they hear your accent and immediately start speaking English.

Honestly you're probably better off coding as others have said unless you plan on immigrating.
>>
>>139241192
what the fuck would you know about it
>>
>>139241063
Yeah, Finnish and Estonian are very complex with 14 tensives and a dozen other rules that make no sense to native English speakers.

There's also regional dialects (Eastern, Western Finnish, Normal Estonian and Võro) that can throw you.

I learned Finnish from my parents and the Defense Language School. My Estonian is still rough and self-taught.

Why one of these rare languages? Think about it. You're hiding behind a building during the upcoming Civil War and you see a platoon of Antifa moving on your camps position.

Just as you're about to use your Meme BaoFeng Radio, you notice Antifa has one and is listening to your freq!

Now, if you call in information in Finnish, what are the chances privileged white kids took Finnish? About zero.
>>
File: 1498412805941.png (70KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
1498412805941.png
70KB, 216x233px
>>139241628
>American education
We start studying ancient greek in junior high and we start learning english in grade school.
>>
>>139234390
>Dutch
Fuck off, we're full
>>
>>139241837
That sucks. I can easily grasp Germanic languages but I'm not so sure about Finnish and Estonian. I wish I could learn both of those languages but I have no idea of how I would go about doing it.
>>
> not learning Russian in order to read the works of the greatest novelists in the history of mankind in their native tongue
>>
>>139234170
Well if you already know English, just learn your ancestors language and read the classics in it.

It will help you in the long run as you have blood ties to the group.
>>
>>139242472
It would be nice to learn Old English, especially since I am Anglo-Saxon.

I'm glad that Irish is seeing a revival as well.
>>
>>139242732
Ive a video for you.

A pretty disturbing redpill desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9wo2VKrP7c&t=1825s

Im Irish and some of us know this from old ones telling us, but this guy has anglo-centric proof, rather than the Irish side.

Latin and Ancient Greek open up huge libraries, and speakers have high IQ's
>>
>>139243180
Sadly, I don't have time to watch the whole video but may I ask what the main point of it is?
>>
>>139241192
What compound has ἐέλδωρ become? or φάσγανον? ἀλφάνω? αὐτάρ? ἐξαλαπάζω? kεδνός? μέροψ? παῦρος? ὑσμίνη?
>>
File: 1503816993270-pol.jpg (28KB, 328x448px) Image search: [Google]
1503816993270-pol.jpg
28KB, 328x448px
>>139234170
THE ONLY TRUE FUTURE IS LOJBAN!!! IT ARYAN!

https://mw.lojban.org/papri/Lojban

A group collective speaking the literal works of logic.
>>
>>139234390
>Dutch
Kanker op, het zit hier vol!
>>
>>139243837
That the Royal family planted a false myth around the american /french /jacobite revolutions, saying brits were saxons, but only a small percentage is saxon or angle in england (mainly just the royal court), the vast majority of brits are the same as the welsh/irish/scots, and the royals got us to fight each other instead of lynching them.

pic related
tl;dr
at no time in history was the language of england the same as saxony, and is far more similar to old welsh (theres a british bible too, google kolbrin) written originally in Coelbren (same as etruscan and Phelagian)
>>
>>139241381
>talks about learning two languages that are particularly hard to learn for native english speakers (if not any other language)
>unironically drops them just like I described in my post
>takes personally the bantz
>comes in just to say "a tenuous grasp" bullshit thinking it will invalidate the argument he knows it's true because he's even admitted it himself in his post

The eternal anglo strikes again, I could even fool myself thinking it was a meme but it turns out that when we witness something like this we kind of get forced to believe some certain stereotypes. No wonder most people refuse to talk to native anglos in their own languages and rather speak in english instead
>>
>>139244976
Bro those are tengwar runes from Tolkien.
>>
>>139235403
>t. Jamal dePacoberg

As for OP, it depends on what you intend to use with that language: economically Russian, German, Spanish (for a 'murican especially), French, Mandarin and Japanese are excellent bet but they all differs in terms of difficulty and usefulness.
If for pleasure, then it's up to you: I love Hungarian, so I started learning, even if it has little to no practical use.
>>
>>139234170
Logban it's based logical and cryptic.
>>
>>139245879
ever hear that LOTR is history?

This is the gateway drug
(when you figureout it was the language of Troy, it shatters reality, the history you learned is BS.) A guy used it to decipher Etruscan.

>the dead language that all the scholars said was lost.

its the rabbit hole. it destroys the whole Jesus was a kike BS

Heres the link:
https://archive.org/stream/pdfy-UYOlu_UlIMBrR3ju/The%20Kolbrin%20Bible_djvu.txt
>>
>>139234170
Depends on what you want to do in life.
If its for a hobby, make sure you have friends who speak the language you want to practice. If it is for possible overseas work, then choose a language that will be most useful for your line of work.
>>
>>139234170
Learn Latin, then branch off into the other Romance languages.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.