[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one stop being cynical, resentful, and nihilistic? How

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: I'm_fine.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
I'm_fine.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
How does one stop being cynical, resentful, and nihilistic? How do you convince yourself to keep playing the game of life, and trying to win?
>>
>>139206227
You don't. You simply stop caring.
>>
clean your room
>>
By doing morally good things when given a choice.
>>
File: smugcat4.jpg (10KB, 229x150px) Image search: [Google]
smugcat4.jpg
10KB, 229x150px
>>139206227
>cynical

If you're actually cynical, you recognize that any belief you hold is just as pointless as any other. Therefore they are all equally valid as mental tricks to control your behavior.

Therefore, cynically choose to believe total idealism, or whatever belief structure you think might motivate you more.

And if it doesn't, cynically adopt another belief structure until you find the mental framework that promotes your own success.

Humans likely can't perceive objective reality. So choose a reality that gets you where you want to be.
>>
>>139206227

If it makes you feel better I dated a girl last year who was attracted to my cynicism. Probably more out there.
>>
From personal experience, you just learn to stop caring about how you feel.
>>
>>139206227
Clean your room and you basically stop caring what others think and focus on your self.
>>
>>139206227
Find a hobby you like and get plenty of sleep.
>>
Get a purpose.
Read books.
Become a Christian.
>>
Pick up a copy of Starting Strength and start lifting.
>>
>>139206227
you do not
>>
File: feel crying.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
feel crying.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>tfw cynic with ideals
>>
I became way less edgy after being kicked out of my parents' basement, jobless, with no shit or assets.

People I know helped me a lot and after all, I realized what an important thing helping others is. Everything about my current state of life: having a good job with an income twice higher as Russia's average, a nice flat near the center of Moscow, the confidence in my future and feeling great in general — all of this I owe to people who tried their best assisting me in getting shit together.

This made me if at least somewhat, but kind and more likely to help other people. This practically pulverized all my cynicism and nihilism.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.