[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Civil War

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Robert_Edward_Lee.jpg (1MB, 2807x4154px) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Edward_Lee.jpg
1MB, 2807x4154px
I'm a Northerner but the South was clearly in the right in the Civil War. Fuck Lincoln. It would've cost less to just pay the market value for all the slaves and saved every life that died in the Civil War. Obviously slavery should've ended but you have to compensate the slaveowners for their loss of property. If the federal government all of a sudden decides that bars of gold are people, they can't just free all the gold. They have to compensate the gold owners for their loss of property. The same logic applies to black people. If Lincoln just did that no one would've died and slavery would've ended and race relations would've been much better after that.
>>
Governor Joe Brown on freeing the slaves:

>What would it cost to do this? There are, in round numbers, 4,500,000 slaves in the Southern States. They are worth, at a low estimate, 500 dollars each. All will agree to this. Multiply the 4,500,000 by the 500 and you have twenty-two hundred and fifty millions of dollars, which these slaves are worth. No one would agree that it is right to rob the Southern slaveholders of this vast sum of money without compensation. The Northern States would not agree to pay their proportion of the money, and the people of the South must be taxed to raise the money. If Georgia were only an average Southern State, she would have to pay one fifteenth part of this sum, which would be $150,000,000. Georgia is much more than an average State, and she must therefore pay a larger sum. Her people now pay less than half a million dollars a year, of tax. Suppose we had ten years within which to raise the $150,000,000, we whould then have to raise, in addition to our present tax, $15,000,000 per annum, or over thirty times as much as we now pay.
>>
>>139197615
>"I'm a Northerner"
>shilling this hard
>>
Abraham Lincoln was a Homosexual.
>>
File: 1496211592834.jpg (110KB, 670x869px) Image search: [Google]
1496211592834.jpg
110KB, 670x869px
>>139197615
I agree. Why was it okay for the original 13 Colonies to revolt against tyrannical oppression, and for us to champion them, but then when the Southern States demand they not be oppressed in the same ways, they are reprimanded? I blame the greedy Jews and their love for slavery.
>>
>>139199741
Actually all of my ancestors came to America from either Europe or Québec after the war so I really have no stake in the fight.
>>
File: 1488681736936.png (196KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
1488681736936.png
196KB, 662x662px
>>139197615
>>
I'm curious here, how modern America can rationalize forcing people to stay in a union as a moral thing?

I mean, from a foreign perspective, calling Southerners traitors for just wanting to be left alone sounds really weird.
Even the hysterical EU supporters are not calling UK traitors right now. Am I missing something here?
>>
>>139201079
Everything has to be about them. If they lose their victim status for even a day, they die.
>>
>>139201373
They certainly were traitors to the United States of America at the time, just like the colonists were traitors to Britain. But the Confederates had a good reason. It's not like Brexit though. The US even then, wasn't like the EU now. The EU isn't a country and hopefully never will be.
>>
File: truth.png (56KB, 737x513px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
56KB, 737x513px
>>139201373
"We just want to be left alone!"
>*Attacks a federal fort*
"Secession isn't illegal!"
>*Invades West Virginia*
"Respect our laws!"
>*Kidnaps and enslaves free blacks during the Northern invasion*
>>
>>139202427
Are you retarded, dude? It's not the Southerners that are the ones being provocative. They are clearly just defending themselves and their heritage. It's the enemies of the South that are initiating the shit. They want to tear down Confederate statues so the Southerners defend them. They want to ban Confederate flags so the Southerners defend them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.