[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WaPo: Trump asked Sessions about closing case against Arpaio,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: hes-gonna-pardon-flynn.jpg (61KB, 658x563px) Image search: [Google]
hes-gonna-pardon-flynn.jpg
61KB, 658x563px
He wants to imply now that he'll pardon Flynn.

Problem is that the constitution only allows pardons "except in cases of impeachment". Typically that's been interpreted to mean that POTUS cannot pardon co-conspirators. Seems like we may have that interpretation put to a judge before long.
>>
I'm an idiot, url

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-asked-sessions-about-closing-case-against-arpaio-an-ally-since-birtherism/2017/08/26/15e5d7b2-8a7f-11e7-a94f-3139abce39f5_story.html

archive

http://archive.is/jYCWc
>>
>>139165378
It means that Trump can't pardon someone who was impeached. Do all of you leftists really have IQs this low, or are you faking it to get disability checks?
>>
>>139165565
it means he's obstructing justice
>>
>>139165565
I'm just the messenger. Your interpretation is not widely shared in the legal profession.
>>
>>139165745
No, I am a lawyer, and that interpretation is nearly unanimously ridiculed. Only a very stupid person would try to argue that the president can't pardon people after he is impeached. That makes zero sense, because it is implicit that the president cannot pardon people after he is impeached, because he would no longer be president, and no longer have presidential powers. The only possible meaning is that if a judge or congressman is impeached, the president cannot pardon that particular per
>>
Obama pardoned a bunch of 70's marxist terrorists and now we have marxist terrorist running around committing vandalism, arson, and assaults.

You people have lost the fucking plot. If you think this is going to change anything for you all you are wrong. You are seriously pissing off the American people to the point they want to murder you all.
>>
>>139165378
>Typically that's been interpreted to mean that POTUS cannot pardon co-conspirators

No.
>>
>>139165378
This means that he can't stop an impeachment from moving from the House to the trial in the Senate. All other federal cases he can pardon.
>>
I'm sorry, was flynn ever even charged with anything?
>>
>>139166925
No, but at the time he asked Sessions about dropping the case, Arpaio hadn't been convicted of anything.

Also, Arpaio explicitly compares his legal liability with the collusion investigation in his on-the-record comments at the end of the article.
>>
>>139166165
impeachment doesn't mean removal from office, that's vernacular. Impeachment is a mechanism by which the president can be removed after a series of proceedings. Johnson and Clinton were impeached but neither were removed.
t. actual lawfag
>>
File: 1503789856681.png (4KB, 502x78px) Image search: [Google]
1503789856681.png
4KB, 502x78px
Watching women take MASSIVE SHITS
>>
>>139168506
Ding ding ding. That's how I knew >>139166165 wasn't a lawyer and didn't bother answering.
>>
Flynn is not charged with anything. He was cleared of anything months ago. Maybe the media just does not report these things???
>>
>>139165378
you are fucking pathetic.
>>
Sheriff Arpaio was targetted with massive accusations of everything from sex crimes to you name it to destroy him. All lies and fabrications. WHY you ask? because he PROVED Obama's birth certificate was an actual forgery. He was one step away from an accidental suicide. This court thing was another fabricated charade by an Obama Judge. We are finding out how obama weaponized the justice system-started with onky appointing judges he could blackmail.
>>
>>139170170
you have no idea how many fake lawyers I've exposed on this board in the last week alone.
idk why they bother. the whole point of being anon is that one's posts are measured by their argument not their credentials/authority.
>>
Arpaio should never have been charged with a crime. He is a good man who did his job and the Fagbama admin went after him and charged him with whatever they could. Fucking degenerates.

Trump did the right thing and pardoned him.

This is what the Constitution says:
"and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

I don't think that there was a case of impeachment here. Did the congress impeach Arpaio? No. He was indicted by the faggot DOJ for nothing. There is nothing to see here except the well chosen use of the pardon power.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.