[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is history cyclical or linear

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

There is the moral of all human tales;
'Tis but the same rehearsal of the past.
First freedom and then Glory – when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption – barbarism at last.
And History, with all her volumes vast,
Hath but one page...
>>
>>139067379

Both, there's a linear component and a cycling component.
>>
>>139067379
No
>>
Spengler was absolutely correct

Progressives can't even define what this supposed 'goal' even looks like.
>>
>>139067785
marx defined it: moneyless, stateless society, where products and goods are produced out of necessity rather than profit
>>
>>139067379
dialectical
>>
File: Obama_clinton_foriegn_policy.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Obama_clinton_foriegn_policy.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>139067785
like a world population with an average IQ of 75
universal income for the jobless population that was completely replace by robots
a population totally enslaved by the cosmic industry, because white people are still the standard for beauty, but there aren't any left.
I fucking hate leftists
>>
>>139069144
>cosmetic*
>>
It's both-- a spiral spinning upwards like a spring
>>
>>139069458
what comes at the end of history?
>>
>>139069566
Who says there's an end?
>>
>>139069566
the spring collapses and restarts.
>>
>>139068499
Wouldn't the goal be godhood? Reaching our true human potential? Superhumans?
>>
>>139070157
Heaven on earth if you will.
>>
>>139067379
stochastic
>>
>>139067379
It's not circular, and it's not linear. It's more like a sine graph that runs to infinity. The economy crashes, the economy is boosted. Famine and war lead to peace and prosperity and back again. And it never stops. When humanity reaches a significant peak, it immediately begins to fall again.

I think this will continue until humanity is wiped out. Even if humans were dealt a 99% death blow, that 1% would slowly rebuild. I also think that we're on the sharp downslope of life and should bottom out in the early 2030's, where massive food shortages and the bankruptcy of the United States will annihilate the world's economy, leading to massive riots and death.

Unfortunately, Trump can't stymie the out-of-control debts owed. It's just too high, and GDP growth isn't nearly high enough to combat inflation and entitlement spending, not without an enormous culling of the population. A bloody World War III would help with that, but wars aren't fought with huge amounts of ground troops anymore. I think I'm in the minority that think WW3 won't lead to M.A.D., but it might as well be -- human loss of life will be minimal when compared to previous wars, but the damage done by competing parties will disrupt everyone's lives. What do you do when your population is relatively unharmed, but major cities are either damaged beyond repair or aren't in a position to receive food and supplies?

Stock up and prepare for a huge crash by the 2030's, but try to be prepared before that. I think 2024 is the earliest everything could go belly-up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.