[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A different world for the betterment of humanity maybe?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
Okay /pol/ legit question. I'm naive to the world of economics, but I'll say this from the outside looking in, it "appears" that governmental ideologies have been made to work inside the world banking system. Unless I'm totally wrong, but like I said I know nothing of economics. Back to it, from my belief and perspective, these ideologies have been made to work in the world banking system, I don't even know how long theres been one either. And theres only a couple ideologies that predate the banking system that remain rather simple like capitalism. One of my questions is that, why doesn't everybody's currency hold the same value? Like wouldn't it make sense that if I have one American dollar and go to Canada it should be worth one Canadian dollar, and that it constantly holds thats value, and we simply use that to trade for goods. Another question is that if I am right and ideologies are made to coheir to the world economy, why not just develop a style of government that is objectively true, in the sense that it is cookie cuttered to human psychology and what not. But if it can't work within the economy and thats all that is holding it back, why not scrap the economy?
>>
I am aware of the idea, that the currency would be worthless in the sense that there is no inflated mathimatics behind it anymore prop it up. Also I do understand what I'm suggesting when I say scrap the economy, before people start saying that will cause complete economic collapse and everything will be destoried world war three style, I'm suggesting this under the idea that people are realitively sane enough to live completely without capital for a couple days while this "idea" is sorted out with the powers that be.
>>
I guess another question I have is that do we even need money? And why is it something that is so important to people that it hinders development also. I know all of this is completely philosophical, but I just have been sitting back doing some thinking and wondered what everybody else thinks. Maybe someone can shed some unbiased light on the situation.
>>
bump..
>>
You need money for people to exchange goods and services. Your options are money or totalitarian government that controls all activity.
>>
>>139066168
Yes I know that currently you need money but I feel like the idea of money is fake, that it's artificially propped up by power hungry economists. A barter system makes more sense because your actually dealing with things of everyday value.
>>
>>139064045
>why doesn't everybody's currency hold the same value
read a book
the real value of the individual currency is inconsequential in theoretical economics
without subsidies, government intervention, etc; 1 USD = 2 CAD = 10 Yuan = 1 pound of raw chicken
the reason currency exchanges create differences in value is due to all the government actions
>>
>>139064045
>why doesn't everybody's currency hold the same value?
search the term Purchasing Power Parity
> if ideologies are made to coheir to the world economy
Other way around. States shape their economies to their ideology.
>why not just develop a style of government that is objectively true, in the sense that it is cookie cuttered to human psychology
The liberal economies of the world today reason they've already done this.
>>
>>139066634
Sure currencies are propped up by our rulers (e.g., petrodollar) but fundamentally money is just an improved barter system. You sell someone something, he pays you some $. If you want you could think of the $ as a "barter ticket" to go down to the store an pick up whatever you need instead of just whatever the guy himself has. There would never be a barter system once money was invented.
>>
>>139067037
I see intersting, I know I'm asking a lot but these are just ideas that have been floating around in my head. Can you elaborate more on how states shape the economy around ideologies, like how do you even start thinking of such a topic?
>>
>>139066961
>>139067037
See thats another thing I see a lot of this as just a lie, like what gives that 20 dollar bill in my pocket that value of 20 dollars. It's certainly not made of material worth 20 dollars. And why should I care how much somebody tells me its worth, can't it just be worth whatever I want it to be worth? And in that sense isn't economics a lie?
>>
>>139068331
>can't it just be worth whatever I want it to be worth?
try playing monopoly that way, lol.
>>
>>139068810
Yeah I know but the economics behind what makes money valuable, can't any system be developed like that, and we're in reality listing to a some group of people who "made up" the idea of what is valuable? And then people want to argue over who institutes laws and rights them, when economics isn't objective truth, and the economy is made and controlled by a chosen few.
>>
>>139069742
Okay so you can assume all that is true but at any point you can convert all your cash to goods you need or believe have actual value. You can buy and sell things as quickly as you want such that you only use money in brief exchanges and don't hold any cash. Doing this the value of money has no effect on you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.