[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

poldare.com - thread X, in need of advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: web_noSound.webm (719KB, 1920x944px) Image search: [Google]
web_noSound.webm
719KB, 1920x944px
Hey /pol/, poldare admin here.

I'm happy to say that the website works good enough now for it to reach more mainstream circles. So, I need your advice.

Where could I shill/promote this? It needs few dozen more regular users for it to be sustainable (by that I mean to get paired with someone in manner of few minutes, and to get paired with "diverse" set of people). I have tried reddit, but I don't have a popular account and the feedback is very low. Youtube comments are a waste of time as it filters most of links, and has shadowbanned me completely anyway. What are your suggestions?

There is another thing: If you have a popular social media/forum account, please do share the website. Notify me and I will add you to special thanks-to list.

Here is the current list (for beta testing, feedback and sharing):
>Millenial Woes
>4/pol/
>8/leftypol/
>8/liberty/

Also, thanks to everyone for participating so far.
>>
File: web_old_noSound.webm (764KB, 1920x944px) Image search: [Google]
web_old_noSound.webm
764KB, 1920x944px
For those that see this for the first time:

How it works:
All 14 positions are currently divided into 4 camps hostile to each other to the point a discussion can be had. I would recommend LARPing for a start if your queue is more than a minute since potential disbalance could occur. Once you get into a chat, it's pretty similar to omegle. 2 escapes to cancel a chat, 3 to return to "home". What the "A" button does I will let you figure out for yourself (see second webm).

This part is for /g/:
I do not recommend using it on small-resolution smartphones because I have not optimized the website for it. Larger tablets work fine. It is using shared hosting so host could bottleneck me if too many users connect, but the whole thing ought not to be too CPU-intensive for them. I do not at this point store messages - they are deleted as soon as they are read in order to keep tables small (unless in certain situations, such as other person disconnecting before the server detects it etc. - everything older than 30mins is purged manually). The only thing stored is the text from point of agreement (A button in chat, you'll figure out from second webm). I do not log nor check IPs in any way but I might implement it in the future for purposes of banning people (if that even shows to be necessary, and judging by omegle it's possible that it won't). VPNs and proxies work fine. If you are using uMatrix/noScript jquery and website's javascript is required in order to communicate with the server.

The future:
If you generally like it, I will make a simle app that optimizes the website for android and put it out there to reach more mainstream political positions. If it ever gets popular to the point where it could sustain itself, I'll get a dedicated server for it and introduce websockets which would introduce "the other user is typing" and instant responses (overall, smoother experience). I will also add the news sections, elaborations on positions etc.
>>
I don't know but have a bump
>>
Help me /pol/
>>
WTF is this.

Bump.
>>
Also, to that one guy that just can't stop refreshing the queue, you're only making a problem to yourself.

>>138998050
>>138997288
Thanks mateys.

It's a fresh website that pairs you with people of different political position for 1on1 anonymous discussion with some other neat features added to it.
>>
bumparino
>>
gib advice /pol/
>>
>>138998183
I understood that part, thanks bruv. What I'm asking is - why did you make it? Libtards can't brain and are indoctrinated. Same goes for any extremist. Discourse amongst 'normies' is always the same, so that's moot. What's this for?
>>
>>138999366
Well, if it is as you say, then it's for nothing.

But I disagree with your observation, at least for a part of people. Many people of various positions do like it and come back afterwards. The issue is they are coming at different times and often have too wait too long for their liking and bypass each other.

So, it does have a point for certain percentage of people. Sort of like people that go to omegle or hostile camps to chat about politics.
>>
bumparino
>>
>>138996886
nice site, allthough there are many people afk
>>
>>139002407
Yeah, its that and people refreshing queues.
>>
bumparino

If you know any places where I could spread this, do say.
>>
>>139005747
krautchan?
>>
>>139005817
Will try, thanks. My Deutsch is pretty basic.
>>
>>139006160
you can also post to /lgbt/
probably
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.