[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asatru

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Mjollnir_icon.png (21KB, 200x263px) Image search: [Google]
Mjollnir_icon.png
21KB, 200x263px
Does anyone here practise or follow the old gods?
I've read quite a bit into Norse mythology, and was surprised to find a lot of people follow it (and other European Pagan religions) today.
What are the main arguments for following it over Christianity?
>>
>>138967707
You shouldn't follow any Gods, but you should learn from their morals, I believe pagan morals are most in line with human nature.
>>
File: molochbefore.png (697KB, 1019x537px) Image search: [Google]
molochbefore.png
697KB, 1019x537px
>>138967835
Yes. Praise MOLOCH.
>>
>>138967707
One has to be pretty lonely to get into a resurrected religion like that. And the girls are fuglies too.
>>
>>138967835
That's what I've learnt from reading about it. That you aren't really supposed to worship them, but give thanks to them and ask for their favour. Unlike Christianity where you devote yourself completely.
>>
>>138967951
It's the religion of Europes ancestors, Christianity was forcibly pushed onto Europe.
>>
>>138967707
The god's represent the best attributes a man could have and you should aspire to get close to that standard yourself. It's organic European spiritually and you can see what values our ancestors valued. Some teachings are incredibly valuable in this day and age in "the west".
>>
>>138967993
It depends how you worship your Gods, I think the best way is to follow their morals. Paganism teaches strength but doesn't seem to have any staying power as an overarching moral architecture for society, Christianity however makes for fine civilizations but on the individual level turns out little beta cuck boys if you follow the moral teachings, so it's a difficult question.
>>
>>138968237
Any good materials to read?
>>
File: P1060377.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
P1060377.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>138967835
this. I do however unironically believe in "magic" or Mana as the Maori called it, I can almost see it bleeding out of the trees rivers and peaks when I'm in the Southern Alps.
>>
>>138967707
No one follows it. They LARP for fun or to "honour their ancestry", but none of them actually believe there's a real Odin or Thor anywhere or that Ragnorak will literally happen.
>>
>>138968297
I'm open to the idea, there is a lot we don't understand about the nature of reality and how it can be effected.
>>
>>138968477
The whole point of paganism from what I gather is believing that the gods and godesses are examples to follow, and none of the stories are literal, it's all about setting examples. Unlike a LOT of Christianity, which is viewed literally.
>>
>>138968057
No, it was not. It was the religion of Norsemen only. And the modern Asatru is probably a perversion of what they actually believed in.
Not as bad as Varg's paganism, though, which has absolutely no basis in any sources.

>>138967993
So you heard this on YouTube from people who are strawmanning really hard?
People always worshiped gods.
>>
>>138968640
That is what Varg tells you, but it's not true. They literally believed in those gods. Don't be a fool.
>>
>>138968057
So was agriculture. Should all we go back to hunting and gathering?
>>
File: 1496007685545.png (417KB, 464x464px) Image search: [Google]
1496007685545.png
417KB, 464x464px
>>138968745
>>
>>138968686
It's a difficult one to answer, what I mean is that Christians will worship the cross, surrender themselves completely to God and view everything as under his control. Vikings would view the gods as people to help them out, and knew they didn't have control over most stuff, but if they could get their favour things would work out much better for them.
>>138968745
I don't deny this, I mean the stories and fables
>>
File: 1492858765039.jpg (53KB, 1024x772px) Image search: [Google]
1492858765039.jpg
53KB, 1024x772px
>>138968841
>Asatru is actually a Neanderthal (pure European btw not like mongrels with brown hair!!!) religion which is all about bears choosing people to be reborn! Valhalla is a GRAVE! And dwarves are by the way children in graves. Trust me, my wife said this on her blog. And buy my game too!

>thousands of people believe this is true

>>138968863
Well, all across Europe people built temples, had totems, made sacrifices, had various monkish cults, prayed, believed in gods made incarnate, reported sightings of gods walking among them etc. I see no difference between that and Christian practices.
>>
File: DSCN0423(2).jpg (713KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0423(2).jpg
713KB, 1600x1200px
>>138968863
>I don't deny this, I mean the stories and fables
I see lots of Scandinavian paganism on /pol/ probably because of muh white race. I've spent half my life in Hawaii and the other half in Aotearoa, both of which had very interesting pagan religions before missionaries. I recommend reading "Legends and Myths of Hawaii" by King Kalakaua. im not eloquent enough to explain how good that book is, but its a very interesting read dealing with how ancient Hawaiians placed mythical stories onto physical things, and interestingly enough, they are relatively geologically sound.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.