[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Catholic Church the true Church?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: catholic.jpg (462KB, 1900x1267px) Image search: [Google]
catholic.jpg
462KB, 1900x1267px
"You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18)

He did not say "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build this thing I do not know what it is. But it will take for 1500 years until I send a mentally ill alcoholic that will create my true religion and this religion will become subdivide into several others, each with its truth "
>>
No Protestant can dispute this.
>>
File: 1324054707046.jpg (32KB, 333x449px) Image search: [Google]
1324054707046.jpg
32KB, 333x449px
>>138962211

These are the demons that God cast down to Earth. They still mad.
>>
The Catholic Church has the authority instituted by Christ himself in a long line of succession.
With Protestantism any moron can take the bible and call himself a pastor.
>>
File: cuck_francis.png (2MB, 1340x1460px) Image search: [Google]
cuck_francis.png
2MB, 1340x1460px
Fuckoff globalist shill.
>>
File: 1503140317573.jpg (90KB, 596x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503140317573.jpg
90KB, 596x600px
>>138962211

How do you make the inference that every bishop of Rome inherits this status attributed to Peter?

Peter was first the Bishop of Antioch. The Bishop of Antioch is not recognised as the Vicar of Christ on earth, who can make dogmatic teachings which are infallible.

Catholic arguments for papal infallibility and supremacy all boil down to this one cheap trick of pulling out Matthew 16:18 and interpreting it incorrectly.
>>
>>138963460
This is one of the most stupid questions I've ever seen.
It means that God would grant this power to Peter and as soon as Peter died this power would end and the Church would cease to exist?
I make this inference that every bishop of Rome has the status accorded to Peter because so Peter wanted. He did not guarantee that Peter would be immortal and would remain in the government of the Church forever.
>>
File: jesuits_jews_031913_620px.jpg (105KB, 620x416px) Image search: [Google]
jesuits_jews_031913_620px.jpg
105KB, 620x416px
>>138963899

The Greek Fathers teach that the rock of the Church is Christ. I'm sorry you're a brainwashed Catholic who doesn't read anything older than Thomas Aquinas who repeats crude talking points from Catholic Answers.

Good luck working on your next loophole to ignore everything Pope Francis does and teaches.
>>
>>138962211
Sure, the vatican is the original church and Peter is the church father.
Where is the bit about cardinals and the election process being able to resurrect church fathers?
The pope is an usurper.
>>
File: IMG_2035.jpg (78KB, 630x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2035.jpg
78KB, 630x458px
>>138962211
>>
File: christianity.jpg (48KB, 480x633px) Image search: [Google]
christianity.jpg
48KB, 480x633px
>>138962776
Acting like a human institution, even one instituted by Christ himself, is infallible is pretty idiotic. If the Catholic Church becomes corrupted it's a Christians duty to amend that, and that's what they did.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.