[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does pol think of Salazar?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1503170529865m.jpg (102KB, 1024x675px) Image search: [Google]
1503170529865m.jpg
102KB, 1024x675px
He is probably the conservative authoritarian who gets the least talk (probably due to the fact he did not outright fight a war with anyone). He seemed like the most ethical and intelligent of the bunch by a large margin.
>>
Great guy.
>>
File: 1491612608357.jpg (113KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1491612608357.jpg
113KB, 1024x576px
>>138950658
I am not sure but he seemed to realize that large, international corporations were just as harmful to traditionalism as leftist ideologies, something most of the right does not get to this day.

Pic related.
>>
No one else has anything else to say?
>>
Final bump.
>>
>>138950501
It's hard to find a bad thing to say about him. He wasn't flashy, he wasn't exceptionally charismatic, he was very intelligent, did his work, and tried to do the best by his nation. He is the stable authoritarian all should aspire to be (after the Pinochet-style helicopter removal, of course).
>>
>>138953167
The thing his leadership proves is that even with a great leader, you cannot stop modernism and post- modernism. It only took ten years for his state's ideals to be undone.

There needs to be another way of fighting the neverending mutations of post- modernity.
>>
>>138950501
>>138951465
i hardly know anything about him, but i admire these sentiments.
>>
>>138954958
He is more or less forgotten outside Portugal.
>>
>>138950501
As a Gryffindor, I hate him.. wait nevermind this is the one that jk rowling hates, I love him.
>>
An interesting thing to note is that he supposedly wrote that his regime would not last long after his death. It would be interesting to see whether he had any theories about how to resist the problems of modernity without having to rely on an authoritarian leader.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.