[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this trash?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

What the fuck is this trash?
>>
>>138926323
It's truth.
>>
>>138926323
White guilt wrapped up as "science"
>>
absolute trash
>>
oversimplified trash.
>>
>>138926635
True trash, yes.
>>
"if we assume biology and culture mean nothing, what could explain the success of western civilization?"
>>
>>138926323
tl;dr

>whitey is successful because the environment is racist
>>
>>138926323
Is this the ultimate book bait pic? It doesn't even need a title or comment to get the (You)s.
>>
>>138927054
He literally says that Papa-New Guineans are smarter than whites because he couldn't do jungle shit.
>>
>>138926665

I've heard it was truth, and it was trash.

What's the gist of it?
>>
>>138926323

jew
>>
>>138926323
>I'll disprove biological determinism by postponing the conclusion
It is inadvertently a decent book because it's a short jump from environmental determinism to biological determinism.
Also zebras can be domesticated, so can water buffalo, elephants too.
Spaniards constructed seafaring ships from the wood in the Andes and Yucatán.
China has enough archipelagos to stage a successful revolution.
It's unprovable and unfalsifiable to try and explain away political advancement as the result of geographic location.
Greeks despite being isolated developed beyond everyone. The Middle East despite being the crossroads of the world regressed so far back its stuck in the Middle Ages.
>>
>>138927136
>whitey couldn't do jungle shit
>colonized and improved every single jungle in the world
>>
File: zebras1.jpg (70KB, 800x426px) Image search: [Google]
zebras1.jpg
70KB, 800x426px
This debunks the entire premise of the book
>>
File: aussiephone.jpg (113KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
aussiephone.jpg
113KB, 491x750px
>>138927136
Y DO DA WYPIPO HAVE MOAR STUF DOKTAH
>>
>>138926323
I went to school in the SF Bay Area and we had a 2 month unit in which we watched the film multiple times, rewatched excerpts at home for Homework, and some of the stock worksheet questions were along the lines of "Who brought the germs to South America?" "If not for their inherent desire for violence and thus creation of steel, would the white man really be worth anything?" This was like 9th grade.
>>
>>138927379
Exactly. His argument wasn't that white people couldn't, it was that he, himself, could not survive in the jungle. He's a fucking faggot.
>>
>>138926970
Diamond oversimplifies the situation, but it's a fact that harsher environments led to Europeans being more thoroughly bred by natural selection.
>>
File: problem jared diamond.jpg (195KB, 864x546px) Image search: [Google]
problem jared diamond.jpg
195KB, 864x546px
>>138926323
>>
>>138927166
Environmental variables played a major part in shaping human societies throughout the history of the world.
>>
>>138926323
thoroughly debunked jewish bullshit, read it for a laugh
>>
>>138926323
I like the part where he claims the average spear chucking cannibal is smarter than the average White person.
>>
>>138927495
They think that argument shuts us down but all it says is why White people exist and where we came from.
>>
well whatever happen, it was a really good run. Europe had the world by the balls for a good long time.
>>
>>138926323
>Whiety just got lucky with domestication that's why they took over everything

That's about it.
>>
>>138926323
Pop history
>>
>>138927547
>>138927166
whitey was a violent meanie who needed stronger metal to kill his fellow white man, but then eventually realized his steel forged in the hatred and blood of the innocent was better than the niggers' so decided to oppress them instead. also we brought germs from the planet xenu
>>
>>138927437
My time in a cali istory class was fucking torture as well
>>
>>138927437
Surely it wasn't THAT bad, right? Plus I whenever taught that book until I was a college freshman. Who was your 9th grade history teacher, Yvette Felarca?
>>
>>138926323
Well if Sargoy likes it then so do I
>>
File: 1500425514113.jpg (100KB, 837x428px) Image search: [Google]
1500425514113.jpg
100KB, 837x428px
>>138926323
(((Diamond)))
>>
(((Diamond)))

Jewish (Ashkenazic): Americanized form of a Jewish surname, spelled in various ways, derived from modern German Diamant, Demant 'diamond', or Yiddish dime(n)t
>>
>>138926323
Propaganda that conforms to the leftist cultural Marxist belief system that Western civilization and white people are evil and that brown and black people would be living in paradise if it wasn't for us. Therefore one must believe that white people are not superior but that other explanation must exist for why we conquered the world, invented everything, went to the moon and created the greatest societies.

It's a reaction to the common belief in times before that the white man is inherently superior. Attacking this belief is the foundation of the leftist belief system, largely driven by Jewish intellectual movements. Jared Diamond is, of course, a Jew.
>>
File: IMG_4012.jpg (120KB, 1125x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4012.jpg
120KB, 1125x816px
>>138927614
>>
>>138927776
All humans are relatively smart and will take advantage of the environment they find themselves in.
>>
>>138927419
Underrated
>>
>>138926665
I've heard leftists call it racist, but I don't think they meant against whites, so what the hell were they talking about?
>>
Its decent IMHO

also you know that bit about oak trees and acorns? working on a GMO acorn at my work tee hee

yummy yummy
>>
white man will bend over backward our at least a lot more than most. I don't know whats gonna happen when china n india are really big.
>>
>>138927419
It still metions how South Africcans had everything but didnt tame it

largely due to diseases present in south africa

I think its well thought out. Not perfect, but very well done
>>
>>138927419
/thread
>>
>>138926897
imposter
>>
File: 1489058091444.jpg (40KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1489058091444.jpg
40KB, 640x628px
>"The only reason whites are successful is because Europe is the only place that can sustain Civilzation..... also the middle east, africa, asia and the americas can also support civilization"

>He repeats that the middle east and china had civilization first, and many advantages Europe didn't

What?

If I was going to argue i'd state

>China united, was mostly peaceful and didn't need to invent or advance beyond an experiment with gunpowder to kick out the mongols

>The Middle east was to focused on religion, invading it's neighbours and itself and screwing over Europe

>Europe had to find ways to get past the Ottoman blockade of European Silk trade to the East and constant invasions. Lead to them developing better ships and machines to improve cloth work.

>The Americans were to violent to sustain stable civilzation, after a generation or two of great leaders their cultures kept collapsing into violence

But then blaming middle eastern greed on the success of Europe isn't a popular opinion.
>>
>>138928498
>largely due to diseases present in south africa
>DISEASES MADE US RAPE INFANTS TO GET RID OF AIDS N SHIIIIIIIIEEEEEETTTTTTT
>>
>>138927166
its a well done book IMHO. Worth a read by any means
>>
>>138927419

I know you're probably joking but taming and domesticating are not the same thing.
>>
File: diamond hypocrisy.png (317KB, 942x1318px) Image search: [Google]
diamond hypocrisy.png
317KB, 942x1318px
>>
>>138927245
How do you figure the Greeks were isolated, they're a stone's throw away from the near east
>>
File: 1490882529047.jpg (173KB, 621x610px) Image search: [Google]
1490882529047.jpg
173KB, 621x610px
>>138928682

>China putting way to much power into the hands of the Monarch, allowing the Emperor to destroy their own Navy and stop all foreign trade and exploration

>Africa culture never encourages team work or a larger group then an immediate family. One powerful ruler may unite warring tribes for a few decades but soon after his death they have no loyalty to each other and go back to infighting

>Farming, what you need for long term stability never spread far south into Africa because farms are such easy targets for raiding. And raiding is 'easier' then farming yourself. Africans themselves did everything possible to deny civilizations rise on their own continent thousands of years before the Portugese sailed around their continent.
>>
>>138928745
well it was written in the late 90s

Geneticist by training. Sub-Sarah africans have the most diverse genomes of any group. Basically one tribe left (possibly albinos due to ancient racism/bullying, and everyone else descended from them

Like anything this book is a tool to build on, and I think its decently written. It explains a lot of things well, but glosses over others.

It best describes new v. Old world

Sub saharah is a different story I havnt the time to explain here.

check the graph guaging human genetic diversity. Guess who is non sub saharin and who IS sub saharin
>>
File: PCIgenomediversity.jpg (52KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
PCIgenomediversity.jpg
52KB, 800x556px
>>138929432
pic
>>
A case of bad science.

He literally started from his conclusion and worked backwards to make it so.

It's fucking retarded. He probably was a (((New York times))) bestseller and won a super Jew award.
>>
>>138929432
>Sub saharah is a different story I havnt the time to explain here.

Quick rundown? :DDDD
>>
i mean the Chinese had gunpowder for a long time. but Europeans took that shit and made guns. just saying. lot of people had boats, but europe got autistic with that shit.
>>
File: bridges-n-shiieeet.jpg (49KB, 406x335px) Image search: [Google]
bridges-n-shiieeet.jpg
49KB, 406x335px
>>138926323
Pawpaw Neu Ginnis are smahtr than you racist goy, don't you see?
>>
>>138931463
>Pawpaw Neu Ginnis are smahtr than you racist goy, don't you see?
Obviously, they eat brains
Kuru symptom video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHw82MqY6pA
>>
>>138931284
see>>138929488
>>138929432

not to be a jew, but while that dosnt bode well for them adapting to this world, if a drastic shift in climate/enviorment/disease were to occur they bought the most lottery tickets

if that makes sense
>>
>>138932555
drips for truth
>>
>>138929057
He means because of the mountainous terrain they were never able to unify as one country. Just several different polis'
>>
>>138926323
A book that tries to play down the achievements of the greatest culture the world has ever know, read "Human Acomplisment" instead.
>>
>>138931402
Autistic Neanderthal genes, it's also why whites get depression more.
>>
>>138931709
>eating your enemy's heart gives you his courage
>eating your enemy's brain gives you his intelligence

Checks out.
>>
so this is how idiots react when someone smart writes a book that destroys their beliefs
>>
>>138926635
>fpbp
Truer than the Bible, anyway
>>
We watched a movie by the same name in school. I don't remember it being too bad, but it was definitely making western culture the bad guy.
>>
It's wrong for the right reasons.
>>
File: omgwhatsthatoverthere.jpg (7KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
omgwhatsthatoverthere.jpg
7KB, 265x190px
>>138926323
the archaeological record provides valid arguments against all of his prehistoric and proto historic conclusions.
Diamond conveniently ignores archaeological evidence in favor of sociological speculation.
The rest is wishful thinking because there is no damn basis for his analysis of the historic era.

give me a point made in GGS and i'll show you with sources why this book is simply not well thought out. i'll throw in why sociology is trash as a bonus.
>>
throw it in the waste bucket it's pure trash and he's a 5ft tall hobbit kike irl
>>
>>138926323
3000 years had no effect on Eurasian people's evolution but 300 years of slavery made niggers strong and stupid.
>>
>>138928403
The non Eurasians are going to miss us
>>
>>138928498
He misses the point that because Africa had everything all year round there was no need to plan for the future. There was always food available. Places with winters kill those that do not plan.

Even today this issue is seen in the actions of Africans. No concept of time. I think this is also caused by the lack of empathy. They can not see through other people's eyes or even the eyes of their future self.
>>
>>138928682
Europe's rise to power is in many ways the result of Ottoman Empire being monoplolystic dicks.
>>
Check Yo Privilege, the book
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.