[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he celebrated by /pol/ as an Orthodox Wallachian hero?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2115.jpg (301KB, 1200x1453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2115.jpg
301KB, 1200x1453px
When he migrated to Hungary and converted to Catholicism?
>>
File: IMG_1955.jpg (74KB, 1024x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1955.jpg
74KB, 1024x427px
>>138890399
>>
>>138890399
He fought the Turks, that's all that matters.

True European hero.
>>
File: 8sXtDCv.jpg (17KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
8sXtDCv.jpg
17KB, 480x272px
>>138890399
>he migrated to Hungary and converted to Catholicism?
That's a nice way of saying sent to exile.
>>
>>138890399
>>138891505
>>138891635
You guys forget, that he fought Christians too when he was fighting as ally of Turks.

Anyways pol mistificates him, because he fought Turks.
>>
>>138890399
>vlad the implyer
>>
File: IMG_1365.jpg (98KB, 602x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1365.jpg
98KB, 602x816px
>>138891505
>>
>>138892214
I really hate this idiotic argument. EVERYONE in Balkans fought for Ottomans at some point, and fought Christians, including shitload of Hungarians.
Believe it or not realpolitik didn't just appear in 19th century.
>>
>>138890399
For those interested:
He was detained by Matthias Corvinus because saxon merchants insisted he is planning to side with the turks. The ((merchants)) were at odds with him since he impaled many of them because they refused to help his state with lower prices during turbulent times. Actually, this all happened at the same time Guttenberg's press was very popular and when editors needed good stories so the accusations made by the merchants (killing christians, eating babies, impaling pregnant innocent women) were quickly circulated. He was against everyone and the alliance network he envisioned failed: saxons were interested in profit from both sides, Stephen the Great (whom he enthroned) attacked him when he was fighting turks and Corvinus (whom he helped enthrone when he was a kid) was manipulated on this issue.
>>
>>138892488
Its, not about the arguement.

Its about the facts. We need to see the coins two side, befoure we can make a decession.

Life isnt black or white, its grey.

Anyways, if your country would be pilaged, your women would be raped, your house would be tourched by soldiers who are there for to save you from another religions belivers. You wouldnt fight them?
>>
>>138893587
That's my point. For an average peasant here it was totally irrelevant whether you get raped by an Ottoman, Hungarian, Serbian or German soldier. Or whether you pay dues to a Muslim or Hungarian. In fact Hungarian nobility was far worse than early Ottoman rule.
>>
>>138893065
Just convert already you fuckin heretic.
>>
>>138893065
Also, the merchants were the main supporters of two throne pretenders, Vlad the Monk and Dan the Younger and both times after defeating their forces he went over the frontier to Transylvania and destroyed the villages and towns that financed the usurpers (with, at that time, Matthias' and the transylvanian governor's permissions).
>>
>>138890399
His actions speak louder than his words

As to his actions, his primary campaigns that imortalized them were against Ottoman Turkey, granting him the name Impaler.

However, as it has been pointed out earlier, he ensured his back against the Merchants of Brasov, and attacked them

Killed Turks and Merchants

Why is this guy criticised?
>>
File: vlad.jpg (132KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
vlad.jpg
132KB, 960x948px
>>138890399
>>
>>138892214
>fighting as ally of Turks
either confusing him with his father and brother or a jew
>>
>>138895908
Not criticizing, just pointing out he was a Roman Catholic Hungarian as much as a Orthodox Romanian
>>
>>138897581
Perhaps towards his last days.
Please note that the Pope sent him money to fight the Turks after his stunning victories.

I heard somewhere that he was even named Athleta Christi ( military saint of Christ), by the Pope, yet I have not found any written confirmation.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.