[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is welfare really bad?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

If we had a welfare system that refused to help freeloaders, and only helped people who are actively trying to find work, or are at least trying and not sitting on their ass, would there be anything wrong with that?

Why or why not?
>>
>>138850864
For the freeloaders....fuck no.
>people who are actively trying to find work, or are at least trying and not sitting on their ass, would there be anything wrong with that?
That's what unemployment is for. And we have unemployment offices to help with that.
People get too caught up with wanting to not work in a totally ideal situation.
Now welfare for people who genuinely need it yes.
That crippled up old man/woman down the street. Sure.
That lady who just lost all of her belongings/life in an apartment fire or something sure.
The chick who just popped out a brown future menace fuck no. You can get condoms at the health department free of charge. Also get on birth control for stupid cheap there.
The govt literally supplies them with preventive measures.
>>
>>138850864
>If we had a welfare system that refused to help freeloaders, and only helped people who are actively trying to find work, or are at least trying and not sitting on their ass,

You mean the exact system we have right now?
>>
mass immigration from low IQ destroys generous welfare systems
>>
>>138850864
Welfare works in areas with White people and White culture. See places like Minnesota or Maine. The reason they are dumping grounds for immigrants now is because the availability of public housing & welfare funds. The White people who used to occupy them moved up & off public assistance.
>>
>>138850864
because we don't want narcoleptic construction workers
>>
File: 1496461412768.gif (1MB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
1496461412768.gif
1MB, 300x192px
>>138850864
CAMEL SPIDERS FUUUCCKKKK YOOOUUUU!!
>>
File: IMZZXnF.jpg (93KB, 630x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMZZXnF.jpg
93KB, 630x832px
>>138854895
A challenger appears
>>
>>138850864
>and only helped people who are actively trying to find work

That's how it works in texas, they'll ask you for work search logs and then contact who you logged to make sure you actually applied.

I still was able to abuse it and live with $600 every two weeks without ever actually applying anywhere.
>>
>>138850864
Because people will take advantage of it.
By people I mean the specific lobbyist of the system and then the leecher. The common hardworking man get nothing.
>>
>>138850864
here anon let me educate you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoD0efoHzeA
>>
>>138850864
>only helped people who are actively trying to find work, or are at least trying and not sitting on their ass, would there be anything wrong with that?
Isn't that what you have with the US now? I think a better program would be not to give out money to unemployed but instead have some form of shelters run by charities in partnership with local governments for every city and house the unemployed, homeless and desperate in there. Have some programs that helps the unemployed look for work in there and if they refuse then just put them there until they get a job in a homeless shelter. That way, you get them off the streets and get jobs for those who are down on their luck and plain unlucky who want to help themselves. That's what the churches did in Europe before the renaissance and the industrial revolution. Not only does it not burden the taxpayers, the social cost is passed over to churches/charities and they get to be at least useful and justify their tax-exempt status.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (48KB, 253x229px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
48KB, 253x229px
>>138850864
I'll never work a day in my life because of it.
>>
>>138850864
>refused to help freeloaders
If someone wants to cheat the system, then they will. You can hope to lower the amount who will abuse the system but you cannot eliminate them.
>>
>>138850864

welfare sucks, I should know I was on it for a brief moment in life while I was going to college. It sucks because they want to know pretty much everything going on in your life, they wanna see your bank account, how much you spent on x, y and z, oh you made x amount, well now we gotta take back y amount because we overpaid you. All this and for what, a few hundred bucks? they can stick that up their ass. they will use that hundred dollars that they give you against you.

don't worry though, this capitalistic system cannot maintain itself without demand for labor, and automation will see to that when it comes to every damn sector out there, then we'll have something like UBI, so I guess in time everyone will have "Welfare", but not what we have now.
>>
>>138854977
>tfw you make more off welfare than your $10/hr college job
Fuck me
>>
I get chills if i see a black widow the size of a quarter
>>
Welfare is well fair
>>
>>138856458
t. Lazy faggot
Anyone who advocates UBI is a weak child. Throw off your master and earn your keep.
>>
>>138854961
I think I'm convinced that Australia doesn't even exist and is just some horrific fantasy land
>>
>>138850864
omfg what is that? looks like something captured from mars.
>>
File: MabelShot.png (246KB, 680x623px) Image search: [Google]
MabelShot.png
246KB, 680x623px
Well i have too look for work to get paid on welfare
And truth be told I'd rather a job anyday.
530 a fortnight sucks ass with how much everything costs here.
It's fucking hard when my back is fucked and i can only do entry level desk jobs, if i even get a call back.

SOMEONE GIVE ME A JOB WHERE I DO NOT HAVE TO INTERACT WITH PEOPLE!
>>
>>138850864

It becomes worse when companies use welfare to pad the substandard wages of their low-skill immigrant workers. See, a business can get away with paying someone less than the going rate if they know that big daddy government will step in so that their literal wage slave doesn't starve. It's predatory, depresses real wages for workers of all stripes, and really needs to be cracked down on. I'm not talking about the $15 minimum wage idiots, I'm talking about real corporate abuse here.
>>
>>138857274
>lazy

I'm a semester away from my Bachelors in science for numerical control/metal machining. I've got a fiance, a good paying job, money in the bank, most importantly I did this without accumulating any debt, so you can fuck right off with the lazy crap. UBI is coming, whether you like it or not, and automation is going to see to that. Capitalistic system cannot maintain itself in a world with virtually no demand for labor, too much upheaval. You act like anyone has any control with this, they don't. Corporations will replace workers with robots when it becomes affordable, and they are, considering the fact that I program them for a living.

Have something to say?

Hold on a sec there.

ALT+F4. Your response is not worth reading, but thanks for reading mine.

Bye
>>
>>138857928

Cont. - And yes, the buck is unfairly passed to law-abiding taxpayers. No John Q. Public should not be forced to pay for your lack of ethics, just so that your profit margin can be 0.651% percent higher on the next quarterly report!
>>
>>138850864
Welfare is not inherently bad especially if you have homogeneous group. This is why the prospect of social justice always existed to weed out those that exploited the welfare and bring it to those who need it the most.
>>
>>138850864
Gawd. I wish I could work. I'm disabled. Bipolar disorder, chronic akathisia, serotonin syndrome, paranoid personality disorder, I dunno. Severe burnout. I still do more in a day than most do in a week. I try to volunteer when I can, etc. I crash and burn a lot, I have so many issues, and every time I fail and realize I still can't go back to work, it kills me. I'm really not sure I understand all this. Until I became disabled, I had a job of some kind since I was 12 years old. What's wrong with people?
>>
>>138858339
Odd that social justice doesn't actually accomplish that, but just creates a bunch of fat old ladies laying on couches collecting checks telling hard working people how evil they are.
>>
>>138859940
Social justice of today is a perversion. Its a tool like any other and they are the ones swinging it.
>>
>>138860125
Sadly, it's a broken tool. The concept itself is flawed. The idea that it wouldn't be turned into a 'perversion' is moronic. However, I'm fairly certain that it is working exactly as intended.
>>
>>138860351
Fine, lets not make knives anymore because they can be used to slaughter people.
The idea that the one behind is the irregularity
>>
>>138850864
No, a welfare system is not intrinsically bad. I think a pro-white, two-tiered welfare system could be made to work.

First tier is needs based, and aside from those unfit to work that we as a society has decided are fit to live, people would be expected to make an effort to improve their station in life to continue receiving this tier.

The second tier is a small unconditional monthly amount for whites, which can only be spent on white business, to encourage white groupism and the growing of white wealth.

Non-whites are taxed at extra % to partially subsidize this program, which furthers wealth redistribution from non-whites to whites. Minorities that cannot pay this tax are sterilized and deported.

Threats to White-majority nations are glassed.
>>
>>138860728
I agree there. People are people. Propaganda is very powerful. It works, or people wouldn't use it. So, in the end, the people behind it really are the evil ones, for sure.
>>
>>138850864
>The society is weak and what you get in a weak society is parasites and predators. ?>Address the root of the disease not just its effects
>>
>>138850864
>If we had a welfare system that refused to help freeloaders,
That would punish a lot of rent-seeking corporations.
>>
>>138850864
Welfare in Canada means I've stood behind a 18 year old emo complaining that he can't afford a Xbox 1 this week as his security check won't get in until Thursday.
>lesson: my tax dollars pay for lazy emo's to buy distractions from their shit lives, which is shit due to laziness.

Bring back paid boondoggles then, at least they have to do some work before getting gibs.
>>
>>138850864
that's how welfare systems start out, then politicians sell more and more welfare money for votes

good luck turning that vehicle around
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.