[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans hate e-cars so much?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: Electric_car_charging_Amsterdam.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Electric_car_charging_Amsterdam.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
There are 4 large energy consumer areas:

A. Industry (manufacturing, commercial space etc.) - about 30% of energy

B. personal housing (heating, electricity at home, warm water etc.) - 20%

C. commercial buildings (heating, electricity, warm water, plumbing etc.) - 20%

D. transportation (personal cars, trucks, trains, planes, ships) - 30%

We can't really change much on the industry front, they need their natural gas and coal and mineral oil for production. On personal housing and commercial buildings, we are already doing God's work by making electricity more green and using insulation and solar cells for heating (also heating water) and biomass for heating.

But what about transportation? 95% of it is using mineral oil. It is a big sector to go green. Why do Americans hate going green on the transportation sector?
>>
>>138833066
congrats germany. your post was as boring as expected
>>
File: tesla-model-3-.jpg (100KB, 1600x781px) Image search: [Google]
tesla-model-3-.jpg
100KB, 1600x781px
>>138833066
>stupid burgers, that hate electric cars, fucking Germany is so much better then them, after they rebuild our industries for us, and defeated the communist. Burgers are so dumb.....
>>
>>138833066
>going green
Where do you think electricity comes from, boyo. They're probably using coal the most.
>>
File: IMG_0143.png (25KB, 266x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.png
25KB, 266x220px
>>138833066
>Already ride my bike everywhere
>>
File: 6814e11e.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
6814e11e.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
American love e-cars
>>
last time I checked Tesla was a US company
>>
I'd never drive a car that looks like that, OP. I'm heterosexual.
>>
Hey dumbfuck, you still need fossil fuels to run the grid that charges the car and a whole lot of strip mining to find battery metals.
>>
>>138833066
Because we're a nation full of the elderly, and they hate change. they hate it so much they would rather spend $100k to repair a car they're used to over and over and over than get a working one.
>>
>>138833066
>Why do Americans hate e-cars so much?
Just look at it. It's gay as fuck.
>>
File: 1482627456152.gif (4MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1482627456152.gif
4MB, 512x384px
>>138835335

wrong jap
>>
>>138833066
E-cars will just be a weird, faggy footnote in the history transport

Look up homogenous charge compression ignition
>>
>>138835335
This. We probably use half the worlds batteries in scooters alone.

My problem isn't with e-tech, its with hippies who want to mine shit tons of batteries with no idea where they go when they go flat, but oppose something like nuclear. You're a liar if you claim to stand against global warming and aren't pro-nuclear. The first thorium salt reactor in 40 years just turned on too.
>>
>>138833066
Because e-cars are for faggots, and true Americans hate faggots
>>
>>138835806
Ugh, this.

These fucking people spent their whole lives stealing money from the next 20 future generations and they can't flush it all down the toilet on mindless stupidity fast enough.

Fucking asshole idiot pieces of shit.
>>
And as far as electric cars are concerned, we already have a MASSIVE fucking problem with people not knowing how to drive.

65% of all drivers I encounter cannot fucking figure out for the life of them how to make their car go down the road.

They can only do one thing at a time, and they take ten minutes to think about it first, they are barely paying attention to their OWN car, let alone the flow of traffic, most people have no idea how traffic works because it DOESN'T WORK when they're driving.
>>
>>138837141
You do know that battery metals are veing mined by slave labour and batteries themselves are worse pollutants than any ICE.

you got memed into Tesla's hippie AI carpoolmobile. I'll keep my fleet petrol powered; thank you.
>>
They look gay as fuck. Really seriously gay like that fable of the family that lives in the god damn shoe, e-cars look like the kind of car they would drive. They really need to beef up their image because they look comfy as fuck just super gay. Like the leaf. Great ideas shitty looks.

Also they look like death traps because of this >>138837430
One texting pickup or suv and you are fucking dead.
>>
>>138836058
Nuclear is the ultimate red pill
John Oliver just did a segment on why it's terrible too. The globalist agenda doesn't fall in line with nuclear because it solves to many problems too quickly, it is cheap, and clean as it gets.
>>
>>138833066
We favor and over abundance of power.
>>
>>138835062
this

Op is a faggot
>>
File: 1498847007595.png (111KB, 644x598px) Image search: [Google]
1498847007595.png
111KB, 644x598px
>>138837717
Provided pic related does not happen from it being by homer Simpsons, commies, or building them on faultlines. Great technology when done right.
>>
>>138833066
because they have terrible fuel efficiency and the charge rate is a nightmare, by the way, they end up creating more pollution in form of dangerous battery waste
>>
>>138837717
There was 0 nuclear talks about existing reactors, building new ones, upgrading old ones, in the Paris agreement, thats how I knew it was BS. Anyone who cares about actual energy generation plus the environment, will be pro-nuclear.
>>
>>138833066
that entire scene is so fucking disgusting.
>>
>>138836058
>Hippies and liberals

The irony is that they have no idea how bad solar or battery manufacturing is for the environment.
>>
>>138837944
>its with hippies who want to mine shit tons of batteries with no idea where they go when they go flat

Irony on their part.
>>
>>138837830
terrible thing is that they'd be all fine if supervised by intelligent people and subject to sane legislation but the way I see our world going both are getting scarcer.
So you'd have them constructed and supervised by affirmative action hires and when the inevitable happens all the media will lose their shit and everything will be shut-down
On the political stupidity - peeps have been made to believe nukes are terribly unsafe so there’s scarcely any new being built because of massive requirements and fear-mongering ->so the development of new plans and techniques is retarded -> but power is needed all the same so they're running ancient power plants with ancient designs at full throttle -> this is somehow a better option safety wise -> if anything happens to these plants just repeat this whole cycle
>>
>>138838143
Don't forget about all the african child/slave labor to get the minerals.
>>
>>138833066
1) much of the US still gets their electricity from coal, which means that electric cars increase dirty energy consumption
2) Many americans have rather long commutes, and having a car with a range of merely 200 miles means you can't drive to a lot of places without having to stop and recharge. America's cities are often quite a ways apart. 3 hour max driving time is pretty lame compared to a gasoline vehicle. My car can drive for about 350 miles (and only 8 or 9 gallons).
3) up until fairly recently, much of America was just too hot for electric vehicles. Several companies would avoid selling them in southwestern states because they'd just die in the heat. They only recently fixed that problem.
>go green
Nothing about electric cars are green. Use a solar panel to get the power? those cause terrible pollution to be produced. Wind energy? Good luck only driving in an area with energy produced by wind.

It's just not a solution in america because it doesn't do the task it's trying to do.

Oh, and one last point

The most common vehicle in the US is the ford F series. A pickup truck which you can get for 25-30k on the low end. Compare that to the electric version which costs... oh right, I don't think they exist. Best you get is a 52k+ "Range Extended" which means it runs for 80 miles, then kicks on the gas as it recharges, and does that a few times during a trip.
>>
>>138833066
due to all the losses in the process of making electricity it's always going to be at least a third less efficient. look up how much energy is wasted just transmitting it from the power station

batteries need replacing

dangerous in a crash

doesn't go vroom vroom

only profitable because of TAXPAYER subsidies
>>
>>138833066
That is the cuckiest automobile I've ever seen. Makes the Mini Cooper look slightly less gay.
>>
>>138837944
>The irony is that they have no idea how bad solar or battery manufacturing is for the environment.
yeah, but all the pollution and slave labor happens in china

so they still get to smell their own farts
>>
>>138838608
Top Gear did a great tear down of the Prius in one episode. They pointed out how the battery shit is mined in Canada, shipped to Aussyland to be refined, then sent to Japan to be manufactured, and how it later ends up in America. The entire footprint of the car is like 2-3x what its lasting life is supposed to be vs a normal car. Its worse than a modern diesel given all of VW's ongoing problems with emissions, even considering that.
>>
>>138835062
Tesla is a meme car
So far, 95% of what it's doing, chevy is doing with the bolt, or better, for roughly the same price (sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive, depends on the dealer)
but you can just drive it over to the mechanic if anything goes wrong.
>>
>>138838880
I think they need rare earths from chiyna too, like in all the solar panels and the wind turbines(that only last 10 years)

have you seen pics of the literal seas of toxic waste from the rare earth mining in chiyna?
>>
>>138833066
>>138835062
>*gets replaced every five years*
>>
>>138837622
>>138839282

>Batteries are evil because mining

Literally the only person on the planet who agrees with you beyond saying nice things in press releases AND is in a position to actually do anything about it is Elon Musk who is sourcing as much as he can from good places, including a lithium mine and lithium brine startup insidie the U.S. only a few miles from the gigafactory.

No one else cares where their materials come from. Enjoy your fleet of vehicles that allowed Ahmed to buy more motorcycles and give his token million to Islamic "charity groups".
>>
>>138833066
Cars with <1500 kg curb weight should be banned as unsafe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExQUGk12S8U
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.