[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Internet a net-negative for the human race?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: innernert.jpg (14KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
innernert.jpg
14KB, 275x183px
(1/2) I'm only writing negatives here.

I've found myself reflecting on this recently for some reason, probably because this was my first regular site and I've been on here for 13 years now. When I was a kid this place was the shit. But as I became an adult I'm very back and forth about it. Sometimes I think wtf am I doing on here. I don't think many people know I post on forums. They may think it's strange, I don't know. I do it about 5% of the time that I used to when I was young so it's not like I'm wasting my life away, but depending on my mood I sometimes feel strange about it.

If I'm in a depressed mood I feel like I'm wasting my life away posting here. If I feel like I'm killin it, then this is just something that enhances my life. I really don't feel like stopping tho.

What do you think? Anonymous online discussion is a strange thing that I don't think the human brain has evolved fast enough to properly adapt to. In a span of 15-20 years, we've gone from only communicating in person or on the phone (which is also something we haven't adapted too but it's more 'normal' than this), to talking to almost anyone on Earth. Very strange. I think it has strange effects on the brain but I can't articulate those thoughts very well. It's like an escape but also not.

In a broader sense I think the internet in general is fucking with everyone's heads. Ol' bumfuck joe used to just grow up in a rural town, go to church, be weary of outsiders, and live his life. He would see the major news events on TV and form an opinion on it. Now people like bumfuck joe and the rest of us are exposed daily to every single minor atrocity across the globe that we wouldn't even know about before. I think the internet has fueled outrage culture cause of this, some people feel extremely affected by things that happen 5000 miles from them. And outrage culture in this sense is not just SJWs but everyone from far-left to far-right. Everyone is mad. All the time. It's the internet's fault.
>>
File: innanet.jpg (76KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
innanet.jpg
76KB, 960x678px
(2/2)

And I haven't even begun on social media, which adds to the outrage culture but also I think amplifies people's insecurities and I think exacerbates many mental illnesses across the world. We on this board mostly knew a time before social media but I see it with kids in the family that I know who literally were born into it. A kid becomes self-conscious and maybe depressed because everyone's 'lives' seem much cooler than theirs (reality is that obviously a social media profile only contains the coolest part of someone's life), stuff that a kid normally wouldn't see from his classmates pre-internet. The kid probably assumes his own life sucks at points even when he/she is doing very well. And on top of the self-esteem destroying and depression inducing effects of social media, the kid is almost forced to become narcissistic himself/herself because now they NEED to post cool things on social media in order to keep up socially. But they can't really express themselves completely, it has to fall inline with what is 'normal', which has always been the case with kids but I think it alienates some people who may be interested in other things/just plain weird kids.

Now imagine this being introduced to your life in your very important early years where your mind is still a sponge. These kids are gonna grow up f***ed up. Their brain that is meant for socializing with vocals and body language is gonna be warped in exchange for a better online presence.

This has been a big incoherent rant but I just finished studying for my CFA and still have some adderall in my head and wanted to air my thoughts.

BTW Reddit is the worst online platform for any of the things I mentioned. Worse than 4chan/GameFAQS/Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat/etc. It is the most cancerous and toxic website for the human collective that exists.
>>
The internet is a good tool for commerce and knowledge.

I think you should be thinking about how constant internet usage is bad. Think about the dawn of smartphones and how it affected how NORMIES interact with the web.
>>
>>138830802
>>138830830

I agree with all the negatives you posted. We arent evolutionarily adapted to what we are experiencing right now. I understand you purposely left out the positives but I do think the positives outweight the negatives in the short term.

I do think all this gay rights/feminism/BLM bullshit is only even relevant due to the internet though. Like how could Gays possibly form a community big enough to force such a political movement without the internet? The average person before probably just didnt give a fuck. And that's fine now but with Trannys we are seeing a whole new push and it's uncomfortable because Trannys are just mentally ill people who should be in a loony bin.

However I do think that once people born in 2010-2020 become adults, this will have warped the humanity out of humans and we will face some sort of distaster.
>>
>>138831252

I am talking about normies in the latter half of my post. Now even normies are affected by this craze of being connected 24/7.

And yeah I obviously understand the good things about the internet. I'm literally doing my CFA and securities investments alone have benefited an unspeakable amount due to the internet.
>>
The massive growth of social media and the easy access to smart phones honestly ruined the internet and fucked any potential it had in guiding the future. Lain was right.
>>
>>138830802
In my opinion, when I was a kid, the internet was a net positive.

Multiplayer video games, commerce, international relations (bb boards, 4 chan, LUE, etc, essentially penpals) and autistically specific forums. We actively tried to hide our online identity.

At this point, with the way the culture of the internet has changed, I think it's a net negative.

The majority of the human race is sub-human tier IQ and even those that aren't are often far too easily manipulated. We've given a voice to hundreds of millions of idiots and moved the witch hunt / crowd mentality to the ether.
>>
The internet is easily the biggest net-postive to happen to humanity in the last few decades.

Imagine if the (((elites))) got their dirty hands on it in the mid 90s got it under their control. Sometimes they are not so smart, they really seem like a bunch of really old arrogant people who completely sleep on new developments

I think the way the internet slowly redpills normies is fun to watch:

2000: lol computers are for nerds
2005: cool, there is a site called facebook where i can talk the same polite awkward stuff i love so much online!
2010: wait, you can have facebook on telephones
2015: hold on, there are other sites next to facebook and spiegel.de? why are so many of my friends nazis now? this is confusing, i dont know what to think anymore!
2020 jews need to be contained and removed from positions of power, everybody knows that, thats just common sense
>>
>>138832544

Also it has brough upon an age where bad genes are almost guaranteed to still be passed on. Fml.
>>
File: IMG_0771.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0771.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
The internet brought rise to terrible memes like le Morgan Freemans voice puts me to bed guuuh omg.
>>
>>138833486
k
>>
I can definitely understand why people might think that the internet isn't the best thing since sliced bread, however overall the internet offers something every human craves. Communication. Instant communication with other people, be they anonymous or no is something our ancestors could only dream of. The information passed, the trade deals made, the friendships forged all due to the internet. And let us not forget the people controlling the internet: The nerds. Faggy nerds run this joint and the normies coming in are always exposed to their better's ideas. Sure, they may hide behind firewalls choosing to star through their rose-colored computer screens, but through an uncensored internet, red pilling is inevitable.
Sorry, I went off on a tangent there, my whole point is the Jews did 9/11
>>
>>138830802
it will bring humanity to more similar values and is a great tool. it also caused the arab spring so its a positive effect
>>
File: 1503509651291.png (523KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1503509651291.png
523KB, 1200x800px
>>138830802
there isn't it, the world benefits from the raising technology that's how we develop as a race. But spending too much time on the internet can fuck you up the way you talk

Just imagine if you never went on 4chan and compare that person to yourself right now, how different would you sense of humor or personality be?
>>
Though I did enjoy the internet more when it was in its "wild west days", I think the modern internet is still a net-positive. Trump could simply not have won without people being able to do research for themselves on the internet, and it also allowed him to go around the media and talk directly to the public.

For all the stupid things like normies posting their holiday photos on Facebook to get the approval of their peers, there is also a lot of good that can be done.
>>
>>138830802
That is why you will soon get why the whole "internet of things" will never work unless it is completely unhackable which was proved wrong time, and time, again.

Also, it turns people into ethnic clans on a global scale which is even more strange. No more "i am just a citizen, paying taxes, working hard", because someone will force you to identify and pick a side.
>>
File: 1425926817650.png (638KB, 878x838px) Image search: [Google]
1425926817650.png
638KB, 878x838px
>>138833028
>>
OP you sure like talking about your life.
Of course the internet messes with people's psyche we never had anything like that. We're lost as a civilisation because we can't deal with it.
What's your plan ?
Back out of this situation because you're scared of it ?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.