[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ is society truly going down hill?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

File: 1494884845387.png (447KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1494884845387.png
447KB, 653x490px
I'm talking about people and how they interact with one another. Has it always been this way?

Everyone is telling me their leftist views. A lot of victim mentality. I feel like I'm losing it.
I can't find any where to belong. All my attempts to better myself seem futile. I'm legitimately depressed for the first time.
>inb4 blogpost
>>
Yes
>sjw bullshit fucking everywhere. You can't even have the name of a Confederate general that died over a century ago.
>instagram, snapchat, facebook, smartphones fucking cancer
>movies are mostly capeshit garbage
>music is almost complete garbage
>corporate bullshit dominates all of politics like never before.

I was born in 82. The 90's were better times.
>>
File: 1503289784083.jpg (456KB, 1168x1570px) Image search: [Google]
1503289784083.jpg
456KB, 1168x1570px
>2 Timothy 3
"You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!

They are the kind who work their way into people’s homes and win the confidence of vulnerable women who are burdened with the guilt of sin and controlled by various desires. (Such women are forever following new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth.)"
>>
>>138821659

No, the GDP is growing.
>>
seems like varg was right after all
>>
File: 234234.png (647KB, 988x885px) Image search: [Google]
234234.png
647KB, 988x885px
>>138821659
I sympathize with you OP

It's depressing too how I saw this Orwellian Nightmare from as far back as 2009 and it seems to have arrived far sooner than I expected.

People love to complain about politics being discussed on 4chan but this shit is everywhere now and it's unavoidable.

At this point it's fight or die, and if we don't do anything we're all done for.
>>
File: 1474742796767.png (1MB, 1048x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1474742796767.png
1MB, 1048x1008px
>>138821659
No go to sleep goy
>>
File: 1502664586245.png (571KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502664586245.png
571KB, 996x600px
>>138822557
Nothing is wrong
>>
File: 1497800660173.jpg (80KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
1497800660173.jpg
80KB, 500x648px
>>138822023
>>138822166
It's not just political. feels like im falling.most my friends are old fat slobs just as cynical as i am. good people, but feels like i've been thrown out of my own generation of friends. colleagues, and associates. makes wonder if there is something wrong with me. feels really fuckin bad man
>>
>>138821659
Millennials are trash, sorry op

I'm suppose to believe people are more oppressed in current year then they ever have been? There was none of this sjw bullshit identity politics when I came of age. People got along, you hung out with whoever you got along with. All my friends growing up were different races and sexualities and no one cared we looked out for each other without judgement. Now people claim their identies are oppressed. This shit is nuts.
>>
>>138821659

Here is a good video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSwAd2T41-o
>>
File: 1503410011524.png (2MB, 1927x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1503410011524.png
2MB, 1927x2048px
>>138822701
There's nothing wrong with you, mate.

It's just that the millennial fuckwits who believe in shit like "muh 62 fake genders" are easily manipulated sheep while you aren't.

Don't doubt yourself.
>>
File: 1497505224433.jpg (627KB, 1013x825px) Image search: [Google]
1497505224433.jpg
627KB, 1013x825px
>>138822502
Civil war is imminent
>>
>>138822502
I have not one ally who thinks differently. If they do they just say " There is nothing we can do about anything". This kind of nihilistic thinking has got alot of my friends and family. I used to love debating people with different stances in politics. Now..whats the point.
I'm on nofap 3 months
getting fit
reading
working hard in some trades and going to uni soon

but it feels like im out of place. Don't even know what to talk about with friends family and people anymore.
>>
>>138822023
>thinking there were better times
>being on /pol/ and living through 90s and not making connection to politics of those years

if you think the 90s were better, you're very wrong
>clintons everywhere 'i feel your pain' while selling off the govt and opening borders
gee did you have fun in your childhood there? but you weren't very politically minded back then were you
>thinking any previous year or period was "better"
no
>>
>>138823103
I see what you mean.

I mean you could always talk about books or video games or some other thing.

Hell I never discussed politics even before all this shit went down.
>>
File: 1498539255283.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498539255283.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>138822877
Thanks

>>138822918
That seems to be my biggest vice. I'm doubting any of my improvement, and then I fuck it all up and have to start over.I hate feeling like a victim.
>>
>>138822666
>gender neutral
And as a serial killer, by the look in those eyes.
>>
>>138821659
Leftists feel the void bigger than you do. They know it's a croc of shit but wont admit to it obviously. Right politics has become the new counter culture.
>>
>>138823131
You don't know what you're taking about. The 90s was a much more peaceful, rational and hopeful time compared to the present day. Just look at the music and movies that was produced back then compared to what we see now, night and day in terms of quality.
>>
>>138823397
I was in new york and met this girl. 8/10. 32 years old
Told my self not to talk about politics or how I think in general about life.
She brings up every question. Maybe im just retarded for not staying quiet
>>
>>138821659
I feel the same way, everyone does because when you become an adult you realize most of the bullshit you thought was real was bullshit_

>nope that's it. lord with.
>>
>>138823745
This.

I think 9/11 is honestly what lead to the change in mood.

It got super depressing from there onwards and hasn't stopped yet.
>>
File: 1490548491517.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1490548491517.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>138823719
I just dont want to lose it right now.I was feeling good the past couple weeks, now I feel like I just hit this plateau. makes me feel dumb. like i can't improve my actions, thoughs and motivations. Feels like im about to start drinking heavy again.
>>
>>138821659
Well I saw in a thread yesterday the U.N. released a warning for the US in regards to race relations, every other country that has received the warning has gone into civil war.
>>
>>138824230
feels like the war is coming. I dont know if its right or wrong to slightly want it. I don't want innocents to suffer, and don't want the sick fucks to end up on top at the end. I dont want to be a slave.
This vid always calmed me down when Im feeling down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qHloLgGlio
>>
>>138823719
Been going to this coffee place, met this 78 year old italian guy, and we shoot the shit . Hes cynical but has pretty much matched much of tru/pol/s beliefs verbatim. History, holocaust, banks, religion, tradition, family, sex. work, economy, ideologies. how to get people back to that?
>>
>>138824616
I'd relax a bit and try not to get too worked up about it.

It's not worth it if it ends up costing you your well-being.

I think people are starting to see through the bullshit which is why someone frankly as outrageous as Trump got elected purely out of desperation from the bullshit that's eroding our culture.

I'd calm down and be optimistic, but firm.
>>
>>138823745
>using MUSIC and MOVIES as criteria
>i remember it being peaceful and sheit

yeah, that's because you are STUPID
you were a KID in the 90s
movies and music have fucking zero to do with how good it was to be living in the usa
>sweden
you are ignorant from having been so sheltered
your whole country is fucking retarded
many such cases! sad!

sweden will soon see every white swede murdered from the open borders policy
you will all be dead and we'll be sad
stop being stupid
>>
>>138826060
Thanks anon, this is what i mean when I say losing it.
>>
>>138824230
>thinks its a "mood"
no
>it got super depressing from there
no
had you lived for the past few centuries, you would see how it all sucks, how so many people are literally insane and retarded regardless of what year it is
only stupid people look back with rose-colored glasses
when 911 happened, lots of people did their best to hype it out of proportion, trying to meme it into a big deal, as if the two buildings were fucking magic and represented all of the usa
those who saw this propaganda, like me, could do nothing, just like now
politics is often a case of "how can i turn this to my personal advantage or make money from this"
>got super depressing
many of the status quo went overboard in trying to use 911 as a way of bearing down on the public, to overload them with emotional rhetoric, to justify anything using 911 as a "reason"
..but they had already been doing this for decades and were not coordinated enough to pull it off seamlessly with the new "happening"
believe me, it was at least this bad, but in a more old-fashioned way, back during the vietnam-watergate era - many of the same people were involved back then - cheney, for example
for some, it was better when you could get a job that paid a living wage, and this is more important as a criteria, but is not the only one worth using
but movies and music? that is so airheaded, srsly
>>
>>138826371
This. The 90s were a miserable time for most of the world. And you could say 2017 is a great time to be alive based on what you see in Kimmy Schmit and due to all the party music coming out
>>
>>138821659
anons thanks for the advice and boost. Im feeling good again.
>>
File: IMG_4677.jpg (23KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4677.jpg
23KB, 255x170px
>>138821659
It's going downhill, but it will rise back up eventually.
>>
>>138821659
Im only 24 but this is by far the worst decade i might ever experience in my lifetime. PLz just take me back to 2005 reeee.
>>
I think that this generation is basically afraid of confrontation, and that this is where many of their ailments come from.

>Millennial
>Speak with that Valley Girl upward inflection because they don't want to state anything concretely or create the potentiality for a disagreement
>Every popular opinion and social/moral belief is the one of least resistance, so they don't actually have to fight to change anything
>Don't like to argue, and in order to avoid argument they just repeat slogans over and over
>Guys don't talk to girls because they're afraid of rejection
>When they do actually fight for anything, they only fight shit that could potentially cause confrontation on that merit alone, another reason that they don't care about arguing or understanding anything
>Big cultural focus for men on being a civilized cosmopolitan academic type who are "too smart to fight and too cool to worry about weightlifting and exercise"
>Big cultural dislike for guns because "guns enable conflict"

This is what happens when you don't let kids get into fights growing up. Some conflicts are worthwhile and deserve to be struggled through, but millennials are entirely occupied by "whatever leads to the least conflict" regardless of worth or truth.

This mostly applies to liberal millennials but it applies to some conservative millennials as well, and I have even seen examples of this behavior/mindset on /pol/. I also blame this radical American individualism and the Capitalism-induced obsession with money and the material, "money is all that matters, my goal is money, my destiny exist entirely within the economic realm, my will and agency belong to the economy, there is nothing more important in the whole wide world" but that is a whole different rant
>>
>>138832252
>Guys don't talk to girls because they're afraid of rejection
Not true. Just because guys don't like to date sluts, doesn't mean men are "oppressing women by ignoring them" like /pol/ and reddit and tumblr and the blogosphere says.
>>
>>138832252
>afraid of rejection
Most guys these days don't talk to girls because they are more afraid of being accused of rape or best case scenario paying alimony and child support to some useless jerk for a couple of decades.
>>
>>138821659

>Everyone is telling me their leftist views. A lot of victim mentality. I feel like I'm losing it.

Most people these days are trapped on the rationalization treadmill. They can't admit to themselves that they're responsible for their own fuckups. So they look for some reason, any reason, why things are not working out for them.

To further complicate the issue, these deeply unhappy people turn their rationalizations into a fucking identity, be it gender neutral snowflake or cuck. At that point, it becomes impossible for them to undo by force of will alone without some serious redpilling, because giving up on their illusions would entail discarding their identity and sometimes, their entire way of life.

You don't have to go down that path. You can take control of your life and find fulfillment and meaning. You can start by finding something to do and working out.
>>
>>138832360
>>138832414

I'm speaking very generally. That being said, I don't believe you whatsoever. Most chicks aren't radical feminists. If they yelled out "GET AWAY FROM ME MISOGYNIST CREEP RAPIST" every time that you've approached them then you'd have a point but this has literally never happened to me. I've certainly been outrightly told to fuck off a few times but I've never had to worry about being "accused of rape" for talking to a female, that is totally absurd. Not all chicks are sluts either, around half of the chicks that I've had sex with were literal virgins. My most recent girlfriend was a literal Catholic virgin that wanted to be a housewife. Sluts exist and feminists exist, but not to the extent that you should just ignore chicks altogether. Sort yourselves out.

>paying alimony and child support to some useless jerk for a couple of decades.
Obviously don't marry some random thot, and wear condoms, problem solved
>>
>>138832252

Really? Because I think the problem is the opposite. Most people by nature are conflict-avoidant. This is the basis of any civilized society, since everything breaks down as soon as people start fighting.

The problem with modern millennials, I think, is that you have these insanely entitled but nominally agreeable people who have been raised to think that the only way they can get things in life is by being disagreeable. They're fed a steady diet of lies like "the only people who get promotions are those who fight for it" or "the only way to get change in society is to fight for it", not realizing that in both scenarios, it's usually the diligent and reasonable ones who get both, not the loud irrational ones. Further compounding the problem is the fact that society is so permissive now that we let these whiny brats get away with it for a little while, which emboldens them and teaches them that these tactics actually work (though obviously, not in the long run).

So now we're at a point in society where a bunch of whiny brats are pretending to be more disagreeable than they naturally are all in an attempt to get gibs from society. They're like the baby who only cries while the parent is in the room and they've been conditioned to act this way by our shitty leftist society. That these people also happen to be agreeable is basically just a manifestation of their Napoleon complexes. Just as so many female CEOs yell at their employees to cover for their lack of natural authority, these millennials act out in a more extreme fashion than their hippie forbears to compensate for the fact they're lazy, nihilistic, selfish fucks.
>>
>>138833138
> Sluts exist and feminists exist, but not to the extent that you should just ignore chicks altogether. Sort yourselves out.
You have no idea who you're talking to so relax with the memes and the snark. You're wrong about men ignoring women, it's something that is blown out of proportion by the internet. All sides do it. Of course, men can ignore women if we want to, but it's not happening either way. The west thinks women are ignored at the slightest hint, real or not, that "men are ignoring women". It's a non-issue. The other guy had some good points too, but neither you or him are telling the whole story. I do think men ignoring women would force women to be more humble though.
>>
>>138833394
The west thinks women are oppressed* at the slightest hint I meant
>>
File: 1497799620485.jpg (94KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497799620485.jpg
94KB, 768x1024px
>>138832702
I started working out, been feeling better. Right now it's like 3 am. Jumped in the pool. Ice cold. Feel better. I just need to get off my ass and put some of my many many ideas into action.I guess, where I'm trying to go with this is a great way to show the redpill is by example. There are ups and downs. Just gotta handle it
>>
>>138833233
>everything breaks down as soon as people start fighting.
Ok, but then the problem is solved when a definitive standard is set by the winner of the fights and the loser forced to submit.
>>
>>138833636

Not exactly. That only happens when societies fight. If you're talking about a Hatfields and McCoy situation, those can go on forever across generations. We're kind of reaching that point between the left and the right, and no third party leviathan is stepping in because the deep state is actively trying to encourage that conflict.
>>
>>138833754
>If you're talking about a Hatfields and McCoy situation
Everything didn't break down, both families worked harder, gathered more resources, and got pretty rich over the course of the feud.
>>
I honestly find it really pathetic that women in the west are so spoiled and have it so easy that the slightest hint of "men ignoring women" means people have to sperg out about it and they think men are oppressing women because of it.
I just have to get this thought out there. People need to take a step back and realize the monster the west has become, and how young men detaching themselves from a corrupt civilization is not a bad thing.
>>
>>138833394
What you said doesn't conflict with what I said so I don't get why you're acting like you disagree with me. He said "men ignore women because they're afraid of being accused of rape" and I said "that doesn't really happen often enough to worry about." The fact that two people explained that they ignore women for whatever reason proves my point that some people ignore women, which is what he was responding to, so again, didn't really disagree with me about anything.

I have personally known dudes in real life who avoided talking women because they were intimidated by it and justified it with "we'll they're all just sluts who will accuse me of rape lol amirite" so I figured it was an element worth mentioning. I've seen it in the real world and on /pol/, and it is especially prominent in college-age people, so I wouldn't say that "it isn't happening."

>>138833233
You might be on to something but I wouldn't say that millennials are characteristically aggressive or violent. I don't understand how whining can be called "conflict" in any real way, especially since you can whine in this society pretty safely with little to no retaliation and a with a ton of support. A "conflict" between two fags passive-aggressively discussion which brand of socialism that they'd prefer is not the same kind of "conflict" as an outrightly heated argument or a fight, so I don't think that their whining indicates that they are actually MORE disposed to conflict. Maybe instead of general "conflict," I should have said that "they are afraid of engaging in and being the target of violence to a totally absurd extent that didn't exist in previous generations."
>>
File: IMG_6713.jpg (116KB, 750x1139px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6713.jpg
116KB, 750x1139px
>>138822666
>that kid
>>
>>138835353
Of course some people ignore women. Some people also eat watermelon. What's your point? Everything you're telling me is anecdotal hyperbole based on internet sensationalism. And lets say men are ignoring women, you're better off understanding why these guys do it instead of bitching about it on /pol/. Despite the fact that it really doesn't happen that much overall, you are the norm opinion. People think men these days oppress women because they don't talk to them or date them enough. This is a strange, tired out old issue and you're wrong about it, deal with it.
>>
>>138821659

Same feels here. Trying to focus on bettering myself. Leftest just talk the most because they are unaware and no one challenges them.
>>
>>138835843
>People think men these days oppress women because they don't talk to them or date them enough.
>This is a strange, tired out old issue

I never even hinted at "oppression" or that men are doing anything to women, what the fuck are you talking about? I said that "millennials seem like they're afraid of approaching women more than in previous generations," which is obviously only bad for the guy since somebody else will talk to the chick anyway, and from that you got "men are oppressing women by not dating them!" I don't understand what you are talking about.
>>
>>138833138
>My most recent girlfriend was a literal Catholic virgin that wanted to be a housewife
>was
m8, if she gave it up for you before marriage, chances are you weren't the first
>>
>>138821659
Nope, no blackpill cuck for me, thank you.
>>
>>138836602
/pol/ is in league with reddit, tumblr and the blogosphere in that they can't shut up about "men these days" and men are relentlessly criticized for not approaching women, not being extroverted and alpha, etc etc which is linked to what we're talking about. I really did my research on this and I see no proof that men are ignoring women as much as the internet says. Don't get me wrong, I wish they were, but it's not happening. I go outside and see young happy vibrant white couples everywhere. Unfortunately, some mixed couples too. /pol/ is convinced that men are harming women because we don't interact with women anymore, and /pol/ is wrong, along with you and reddit and tumblr. There is no shortage of men to shill for women and/or to ask them out.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.