[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying an Motor Home...the ultimate Redpill

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 38

File: 5-Idaho-RV-Rental-Motorhome.jpg (124KB, 717x480px) Image search: [Google]
5-Idaho-RV-Rental-Motorhome.jpg
124KB, 717x480px
Lads.... have any of you thought of owning an RV?

Instead of paying for rent, you can live in the RV which is very comfy, and never have to pay any property taxes.....

RV's are very cheap too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBswbDlAck
>>
File: 2220-seneca-37hj-interior.jpg (287KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
2220-seneca-37hj-interior.jpg
287KB, 1800x900px
>>138693147
>>
The police will make your life absolute hell if you try and live in an RV.
>>
File: 1478464252976.png (21KB, 299x297px) Image search: [Google]
1478464252976.png
21KB, 299x297px
>>138693307

What do you mean?

Why would that be, can't you park somewhere comfy and live there?
>>
>>138693147

You can park at walmart overnight for no cost nation wide.
>>
>>138693307
Never trust a cop; they're school yard bullies +20 years.
>>
>>138693307
>The police

No, they won't. Tell them, you're on vacation. Don't do drugs and don't be drunk. Keep weapons locked in a box.
>>
>>138693307
>implying I won't drive somewhere they can't find me
>>
>>138693663

Anyone here ever lived in one?

They are so cheap used online...
>>
Two words. Chemical. Toilet.
>>
>>138693147
Been thinking about it. Winters would be rough. With my current financial and employment situation, I could do it. Good ones are expensive though.
>>
most places now have laws against living in them. You have to go stealth van life. Stealth. They know this is a path of liberation for slaves
>>
People buy them and take 1 or 2 big trips, and then they're too old and tired to do it any more... it's the automotive equivalent of exercise equipment, people purchase intending to use, but rarely do.

They are expensive as hell to gas up too.

Just use your car and go to motels.
>>
Just saying a trailer is better than an RV cuz cheaper to fix/maintain and u can have a truck to get around and leave it parked ;)
>>
>>138693147
Meh. Not really red-pill, still without the ability to influence others (community). Seems like a quick fix (blue-pill) as an escape from responsibility. Talk to me after you have done it for 72 months or so.
>>
Used to work for a company that focused around RVs. The demographic is shit and it's super expensive. Everything that can go wrong with your house + car rolled into one.
>>
>>138694164
>Been thinking about it. Winters would be rough.

It's a car. Drive it south for the winter. Holy shit!
>>
>>138694164
>Winters would be rough

drive south.
>>
>>138694139
>Two words. Chemical. Toilet.

I have a china bowl toilet in mine. Flushes with water. It's fine.

toilet is a Dometic 310.

I did a schoolbus conversion.
>>
>>138693147
It's actually cheaper and less hassle to just buy urban land and build there. (Assuming you don't get shitty used RV) And that cost includes solar panels, compost toilets, internet, water, etc.

All I did was buy land, buy a greenhouse, connect a storage container to it, and dug a basement. In the summer, basement is nice and cool. In the winter, greenhouse is warm(funnels heat into storage container)

You can live easily off $4k a year. I use uber on the weekends, try not to hit $20k because then you get slammed by taxes and are required to buy health care in most places. (Extra 5k per year)
>>
>>138694216
In California I always see people living in them in Walmart parking lots
>>
>>138693147
I've been thinking about it heavily anon.

I'm not committed yet. If I knew I had a source of simple income secured I'd do it. ie. some kind of semi-reliable independent contract work.

>I want a two motor solution (ie. RV + second vehicle in tow)
>Teaching myself a complex set of independent skills.
>ie. creating my own Penicillin (science), self-healthcare in emergency(broken bones, etc), maintaining my vehicles and devices in case of breakdown (mechanics), economically enjoying food (smart cooking, canning, preservation, etc), self-security (firearms), and making sure I don't cross any state lines where the law will fuck me up for the above

I also enjoy the aesthetic of RV life. I like cozy, well-used, well-loved, well-maintained, small places. On the other side I love the outdoors and constantly wish I had a chance at closer contact with nature.

I don't mind being "on-grid", I think I just want to escape the Jew as much as possible.
>>
>>138694246
OR spend 100 bucks on a starter tent/chairs/camp utensils and plates... go try camping before investing in an RV.
>>
>>138693891
>They are so cheap used online...

commercially manufactured RVs are usually not vey well built. They have lots of luxury-looking features, but they will have cheap walls, cheap plumbing, undersized electrical, etc.

they are called "sticks and staples" for a reason. If you've ever seen an RV accident, you realize they are basically paper mache..

>bus conversion master race
>>
>>138693663
>ou can park at walmart overnight for no cost nation wide.
What a fucking dream life!!!
>>
File: 1503458546690.png (227KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
1503458546690.png
227KB, 500x405px
>>138694929

Ok, so what I need to do is convert into an RV?

How would I go about doing it? Any videos you can link to plz?
>>
>>138694759
Got an album of pics? Would love to see that, I've wanted to do any conversion for so long, I'm just about financially ready. Just need to find bus.
>>
>>138695143
>Got an album of pics

I do, and would like to share, but very easy to recover my identity.

there are forums and websites that cover people who do schoolbus conversions though. skoolie.net is one.
>>
>>138693147
I swear I saw this guy broken down northbound 95 Sunday
>>
>>138695143
Meant bus conversion
>>
>>138693768
So you are admitting you cant have a good life if you live in an RV.
>>
>>138694791
Only a few walmarts now allow that as the cops will harass. I have been stealth van living for 2 years during the work week and homesteading on the weekends. You most go unseen.
>>
>>138695307
Cool, thanks for the website nonetheless.
>>
>>138693147
I've never had a better experience hooning than hooning an RV.

6.6 Duramax was amazing. Can't believe I didn't die, but extra equipment needed some work.
>>
>>138693891
The one in your pics would be ~25K used I think. If that's cheap for you, do it.
>>
>>138694804

1) your future wife probably won't be down with this, so consider this something you do for now as a single guy.

2) if you're a homeless guy who literally lives in a camper, that actually delays your entry into normie life and may or may not be cooler than living in your parents basement

3) if you want to do a lot of state and national park visits and park in the outdoors and enjoy the outdoors, RVs are a great way to go, but make sure you get one that is setup for doing this. e.g. don't get a 45 foot class A motorhome that only works on pristine highway pavement.

4) if it's just going to be you and you mostly want to live cheaply and enjoy the outdoors, don't rule out a pickup-bed slide-in camper. they are dirt cheap
>>
>>138693768
RVs aren't homes. They don't need a warrant to enter an RV. They can make up some shit about smelling drugs and enter at any time, and they're free to take anything they please due to civil asset forfeiture.
>>
http://tinyhousetalk.com/urban-stealth-uhaul-conversion-box-truck-tiny-house-for-sale/
>>
>>138694563
I would need to be near storage. I couldn't fit everything I need in the RV.
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (48KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
48KB, 480x270px
>>138695694
>>
>>138695694
>RVs aren't homes. They don't need a warrant to enter an RV

Not true.

The rules vary state by state and situation by situation.

If you drive too near the national border and get stopped at a border patrol checkpoint, they can ask to board, and if you refuse they can detain you or whatever.

But if you get pulled over by a local cop they don't have a right to enter.
>>
This is something that I would do at the beginning of my adult life. Buy and RV and go wherever you want. Many jobs allow you to work remotely, so you could get a PO box and have your stuff forwarded easily. It's completely practical.

At this point in my life though, it's not so practical. I have 4 kids and a home w/ a mortgage, so it would be much more disruptive to switch out now, thought I do dream about it :)

If you homeschool your kids (we do), then travel is also a possibility.

RV's ARE cramped. So you'll have to be very close. I currently live in a 3,000^2 foot house so my kids would rebel. Maybe when my youngest is out of the house, my wife and I will do it. You really should consider it. An RV with a scooter or motorcycle that you can strap to the back - perfect.
>>
>>138693768
You remember that from your employee training Wayne?
>>
File: 1503454744362.jpg (298KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
1503454744362.jpg
298KB, 1000x625px
>>138695632

Compared to paying rent or buying a home?

Assume rent is $600 a month.... in 1 year that's $7200....2 years is $14,000 of your money pissed away...

Also a home you have Principal plus Interest, Home Insurance, Property taxes in perpetuity (basically means you pay rent on your house forever anyway), maintenance etc.
>>
>>138693307
I think this fellow is talking about Boondocking, and if you're an asshole about it, yes, you could have trouble. But there are whole websites dedicated to this. Basically, free camping.
>>
>>138695557
homesteading? where do you shower/shit during the week? this is an interesting thread tp me because ive been considering moving out of the city but leaving the shop.
>>
File: PicsArt_03-08-12.39.59.jpg (352KB, 505x640px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_03-08-12.39.59.jpg
352KB, 505x640px
>>138693147
I bought a house
I'll rent you a place to park it 5 minutes from downtown portland for $750 a month.
>>
>>138696082
This
>>
>>138694164
In the winter, go where it's warm. Your house has wheels on it.
>>
>>138693663
This is not even true. Wal-Mart's rv policy is determined by the manager and varies place to place. Their are online communities for this sort of thing and there are many instances of people getting the cops called on them.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that walmarts do not allow this in any desirable areas.

There are all kinds of places you can stay for a few hours overnight, but fewer places you can straight up set up camp.

You can do it in the southwest. Lots of unregulated camping areas that allow 14 night stays. The people are... well you can imagine. They have a YouTube community that is pretty interesting.

You could surely travel cross county staying free overnights in various parking lots and rest stops, but you have to stay on the move , spending money on gas, maintenance, and the various road expenses. Not a money saver.

You can do it for cheap in the southwest since you can stay for free 2 weeks, then move along. Most places in the counrty are hostile to this life.

Check out the documentary "life on the mesa" to see how awesome living off the grid for free in the desert is.
>>
File: 1414113613973.jpg (40KB, 499x570px) Image search: [Google]
1414113613973.jpg
40KB, 499x570px
>>138696082
>Assume rent is $600 a month
>$600 a month
>>
>>138694778
Wait what? Details please....
>>
Sounds good. But then the reality of maintenance, gasoline, and always having to be nomadic sets in.
>>
>>138693580
Wal-Shart is pretty based about RVs and will let you chill.
>>
>>138695985

>We have a mortgage

I'm....I'm so sorry anon....

I hope you don't have an adjustable rate mortage... at least you will have equity and can sell your home if it appreciates.
>>
>>138695930
>The Supreme Court acknowledged that a motorhome was capable of functioning as a home, but nevertheless sided with the state. For the relevant purposes, the Court found that a motorhome is more similar to a car than a stationary house. The Court explained that, like with a car, a motorhome’s “ready mobility” makes it impractical for police to get a warrant before searching. And, according to the Court, a person doesn’t have the same compelling privacy interest in a motorhome that they would have in a regular home. These factors convinced the Court that the automobile exception should apply to motorhomes. The take away is that police need probable cause—but no warrant—to search a motorhome.

http://criminal.lawyers.com/traffic-violations/do-police-need-a-warrant-to-search-my-motorhome.html
>>
>>138693147
RVs/Motorhomes are shit.

t. roadside dispatch
>>
Fuck that, here's the ultimate way to live (if you can)

1) Study up on Tiny homes, if you aren't mechanically inclined, go to Google U and spend time on researching building a tiny home from scratch

2) Find and buy a cheap plot of land, go as big or as small as you'd like, doesn't matter

3) Play The Sims IRL, make a blueprint of your future tiny-house, trick it out however you want, if you want to go off the grid and are living in the right area, consider adding in solar panels, rainwater catchers, compose toilets, etc., get creative

4) Use your resources and buy all the shit you need, the cheaper the better, use all sites available

5) Get to fucking building

6) ???

7) PROFIT
>>
only overweight trans people do this sagw
>>
>>138696169
Composting toilet for the emergency shats but get a gym membership and get fit, shit, sauna, free wifi etc.
>>
>>138696241
Best part about SW is spotting one or two in the middle of fucking nowhere at the bottom of fucking nowhere.

Not my idea of a good time.
>>
>>138695694
You haven't seen breaking bad. An r.v. is considered a domicile, so they do need a warrant.
>>
>>138693307
RV parks are cheap as hell and often have perks. Like free cable or a pool, some are really nice too since it's mostly travelers.
>>
They're not insulated worth a shit.
>>
RVs are a huge bitch to maintain and fix if something goes wrong.

You're better off buying a decent truck and throwing a camper on the back.
>>
File: Winnebago-Rialta-Motorhome.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Winnebago-Rialta-Motorhome.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
>>138693147
>>138693281
>>138693891

Get a fiberglass body RV. Rialtas are pretty dope. If you live in real 'murica you can go bigger easily.
>>
How is this thread on /pol/
?
>>
File: 1490266404723.jpg (165KB, 571x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490266404723.jpg
165KB, 571x720px
why the fuck is thread getting so much attention?
whats wrong with you people?
>>
>>138695859

Get rid of shit. You can do it anon.
>>
>>138696366
cheapest land is ebay
>>
>>138694778
I don't understand this. You live in a greenhouse?
>>
>>138695639
I'm a healthy independent 30 year old with a great job, high IQ, strong mechanical skill and as a single guy. I have a network of friends across the country. I'm full normie in appearances, I just hate it all. I hate getting shuffled in lines like a slave and I hate seeing the rising costs and the tightening budget designed to tighten the leash and keep me a slave.

I haven't ruled anything out yet. The pickup-bed slide-in camper is great except it's hard to manage a generator or a chemistry set in those conditions. Hell, there's a certain point where it gets TOO cozy even for mundane activities.
>>
>>138696366
This can get you fucked by city and state building codes.
>>
>>138694216
>most places now have laws against living in them

its becoming common for full-time RV people to buy "landing pad" properties in communities made specially for that purpose, located in tax-free states. E.g. if you want to just park your RV and live in it in the same spot for a while, you have a home base that you own with utility hookups that you can use at any time.

if you're moving around the country [which is what you should be doing in an RV], absolutely nobody harasses you if you move every night

If you're just going to park somewhere overnight and leave early in the morning, you can do that pretty easily, especially outside of city limits.

again, you can do this at truckstops and it is 100% legit, never any chance of harassment. fuel up and then park for the night.

there are campgrounds and RV parks with single or multi-night paid use also.

I usually stay at real rv parks every few days to get electrical+water hookups and topoff my batteries and fresh water tank, and to dump grey water tank and sewage tank.

>capcha: bus
>>
>>138694778
yeah gonna need specifics on this, otherwise the math doesnt add up.
>>
>>138696551
Red-pilling on the housing scam politicians and society box us in with
>>
File: 1503336935817.jpg (17KB, 424x394px) Image search: [Google]
1503336935817.jpg
17KB, 424x394px
>>138696554

Don't you want to find the BEST way to stop paying money to the Jews?

With a home you pay property taxes FOREVER even after you have paid off your home...

Essentially that mean the house doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the government. If you don't pay your taxes, they take away "your" home.

With an RV, you don't pay shit to the government.
>>
>>138696685
>This can get you fucked by city and state building codes.
Not if you build it on a trailer, which is what a lot of tiny home builders do.
>>
>>138696721
Can confirm. Truck stops are made for it and nobody cares.

I don't know why people don't understand the pure beauty of life in the US.
>>
>>138696343
Don't feel bad for me. I have a 3.5% mortgage, purchased a $300K home w/ $15K down and in 2 years it's already worth $380K. I'm fine. Big lot, animals, chickens, goats, etc. I'm happy. But I'm tied to the land. The mortgage is a shackle. I'm happy as a pig in shit honestly, but I get wanderlust. For now, I satisfy it by hiking the Appalachian Trail for a few weeks per year.
>>
https://youtu.be/oNptenoZyek

Uhual conversion best stealth ever
>>
>>138693281
It would cost so much money to get the inside to look even close to that, not counting the cost of the RV itself. At that point, you may as well buy an actual house.
>>
>>138696026
>You remember

You got me.
>>
>>138696554
This is thread is really about the idea of getting away from the wageslave system that's enforced upon us all.
>>
>>138696457
>I educate myself through TV
No wonder your country is becoming globally irrelevant and why only retards flood in in droves. They're in good company.

See >>138696352
>>
>>138693147
and be as sad as the guy in the video?
>>
>>138696589
>I'm a healthy independent 30 year old with a great job, high IQ, strong mechanical skill and as a single guy. I have a network of friends across the country

you should do a bus conversion, so you can build the machine you want, the way you want it

however, you'll want a job you can do remotely, or take long breaks from

I wouldn't bother with an RV if I was going to stay in the same area with it all the time.

> hard to manage a generator

don't bother with this. get a big enough bus and do it right

1) inverter
2) massive battery bank
3) high-output alternator
4) house batteries charge while you are underway
5) rooftop solar panels

I can go several days without plugging in. I have no generator. I re-charge when driving down the road, and if I get too low, I spend a night at a place with electrical hookups and get fully charged that way.

if you have friends around the US, you could make a life that was just visiting them in between staying at parks, campgrounds, truckstops, etc.
>>
File: tartan 3400-Interior-1.jpg (66KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
tartan 3400-Interior-1.jpg
66KB, 960x640px
>>138693147
Get a sailboat instead.

Range beats all
>>
>>138696799
What is vehicle registration, gas tax, inspection and license then?
>>
>>138696685

That's certainly true, more true depending on where you live. The best course of action is to try to find a plot of land away from places the bureaucrats might keep an eye on. If your land isn't valuable to them they often won't give a fuck about you or it. One other thing is, don't piss off your neighbors, because they can and will call attention to your situation.

Again, it's up to all of you, if you manage to avoid the wraith of the state, having a Tiny-house is worth it.
>>
File: unchained melody.png (575KB, 646x689px) Image search: [Google]
unchained melody.png
575KB, 646x689px
>>138697202

>Conversion

If a roastie can do it herself, anyone can do it:

http://archive.is/hqBz6
>>
>>138697249
But you can't drive your house away from the terrorists.
>>
>>138696556
I sell the shit to make money. I have no cash without the shit.
>>
>>138693147
My grandad has that same RV
>>
>>138696721
>>its becoming common for full-time RV people to buy "landing pad" properties in communities made specially for that purpose
So trailer parks? Weren't those undesirable just a few years ago?
>>
>>138696319
Oh wow, that's the life.
>>
File: rent cucks.png (353KB, 808x755px) Image search: [Google]
rent cucks.png
353KB, 808x755px
>>138697505

Yes, gas is a bitch for those on the move, but what about those who just want to stay in one place indefinitely.

Also, the price of vehicle registration, etc is miles cheaper than rent.

>Pic related: JUST
>>
>>138697358
I was half joking my jap bro. Good luck with your declining "super smart" population. By the way you do need a warrant Albert Changstein.
>>
The true redpill is building your own house
>>
>>138697848
Hey, they're everywhere and if you need to crash. It's not the destination just a stop, plus you can restock
>>
>>138697480
>so you can build the machine you want, the way you want it

yes. yes. This is good.
>>
>>138696274
Well, I can't help you too much with land as I don't know where you are. But it will need to be zoned for agricultural/residential. This gives you a LOT of leeway since if they give you shit. Just make sure to check the internet service for that area. Water is easy enough with rain treating, but a well or existing system would be nice.

Don't bother getting set up with septic tanks. Get a composting toilet. You probably don't need the power grid either, unless you HAVE to have air conditioning. 4 Solar panels should really be enough for the average bachelor.

Though I do suggest a backup gas generator to charge your batteries on slow weeks. A niche method I use is also bike generators. 1 hour > 1 day of laptop.

The house itself is very simple. It's literally a greenhouse + storage container(Painted white) The basement is optional, but if you're not squeamish about renting a backhoe, then it's worth it to make a sunken greenhouse too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EysR2mlhSmQ

The idea is the greenhouse is a big fat 'pseudo-space' in which you can grow shit, but also retain heat. Black rainbarrels help too.

White the storage container is a simple addition. You COULD make your own stuff, but I prefer this as a base. Painted white reflects the sun.

And the basement is just for cooling. Which is very important. I've gone the entire summer without air conditioning here in virginia. And it's the hottest recorded summer in over a century iirc.

Fans are like 100x less power hungry than air conditioners. And fridges/freezers about 5 times. So it's actually more energy efficient to just do this in a basement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITtlxjvLQis

For reference: An air conditioner would require about 4-6 solar panels. This barely requires 1. (Including the ice production)
>>
>>138697487
I had a boss once, while in between the usual moments where he was building a wall around his house to defend his property from China, who would talk about how he intended to live off a boat just like this.

I thought he was batshit crazy. But maybe he was on to something.
>>
>>138695549
You need drugs and alcohol on your person at all times to have a good life? Pretty sad anon. There are bars if you need to drink that badly.
>>
>>138697487
Thus would be the dream, but I'm a poorfag, so RV/van house seems more viable
>>
>>138696262
Mine is 625 a month.
I live in Michigan.
Around here thats almost as cheap as it gets.
>>
>>138697487
good thing about a boat is you get a natural moat to protect you from dindus who would otherwise steal your RV.
>>
>>138696488
I grew up camping and always envied the permanent residents of campgrounds. Perks of a trailer park but a constant stream of wholesome family neighbors instead of dug in white trash. The permanents always had everything and anything you needed and were always willing to lend, give or help.
>>
>>138697487
Yeah, but don't you need to know a lot about sailing. Can you do it alone?
>>
one other thing i'll say about an RV vs. a mortgage

RV is 100% throwing money away. RVs have no resale value at all.

the redpill on the US economy is that the currency is constantly debased. holding cash or any other asset that isn't linked to inflation means you are losing money.

a normal house tends to be linked to inflation, so throwing money at your house / mortgage tends to pay off, or at least, tends to not throw money away as fast...

the modern American economy is a prisoners dilemma. having a mortgage is the only way normies can tie a big pile of their money into something that generally keeps pace with inflation...
>>
>>138698027
Seems like a good business opportunity for Jude-Mart. Having residents nearby to indulge in their wacky low prices.
>>
>>138698738
absolutely.
>>
>>138698738
It's a bitch more complicated, but it's better overall. You can't be a brainlet.

>>138698746
There's no point in holding value if you're still a slave.
>>
>>138698746
Expecially after you live in one.
>>
File: 1503451252767.gif (1017KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1503451252767.gif
1017KB, 500x333px
>>138696548
>Rialtas

Nice... they have an interactive 3D program to walk inside the RV....

https://winnebagoind.com/products/fifth-wheel/2017/voyage-lite/overview
>>
>>138698810
obviously, but they have come to the defense of people camping out in there lots in court too. I'm not really a walmart guy but I think it's kinda cool they let people stay the night or a few
>>
>>138694791
because the prices for homes are so expensive here is actually a more pleasant life to live in a walmart parkinglot than throwing 3k a month on renting a shithole
>>
File: 1503377767695.png (221KB, 765x666px) Image search: [Google]
1503377767695.png
221KB, 765x666px
>Dude living in an RV is so awesome
>You just have to pay out the ass to make it livable, constantly drive everywhere, be wary of police, don't stay anywhere for too long, spend tons of money filling up the ravenous gas tank, never be able to have any friends or loved ones over because you live in an RV, be afraid of one day getting busted by cops or your home breaking down and being stranded completely, the ungodly stench that will arise from a man living in tight quarters, dealing with small cramped living space, etc. etc. etc.
>Do all that and you get to live in a glorified trailer home!
>>
>>138698746
An RV might be okay to live in for maybe 5 to 10 years purely to save money, your only expenses are going to be the RV, fuel, maintenance (can do this yourself if you are handy), food and water. With rent and a mortgage eliminated you should be able to save a lot of money until you can afford better housing.
>>
>>138696319
Most of them. But, the ones that aren't are generally close enough to nigger housing that you wouldn't want to park overnight there anyway.
>>
>>138695639
>future wife
Stopped being able to read right there
>>
>>138698746
>taking a loan at interest is the only way to beat the jews
i get what you're saying completely, but its fucked both ways. the best thing to do is to save every penny you have and buy a 100k house cash in an up and coming, still white, state.
>>
File: t27 interior.jpg (286KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
t27 interior.jpg
286KB, 1000x562px
>>138698447
The one in the pic is about $175k, but there are cool and liveable boats to be had under $50k And even under $30 tbqh. If you go gonzo you can get for under $6k.

But hey, pay a $150 cruising fee for 6 months in the Bahamas, dip your line and eat for free Just drop that crab pot in the morning you know and eat of the bounty of the earth. You'll break even in a month.
>>
>>138699307
In hardcore blue states you can't own a home unless you're pretty well off. Home ownership is nearly non existent, the rental/lease/property tax jew too stronk
>>
File: rv.png (795KB, 1274x723px) Image search: [Google]
rv.png
795KB, 1274x723px
>>138699380

You are living in the 1980's..... when RVs where looked down upon because of what movies portrayed RVs to be like...

Look at TODAY's R.V's.... they are superior in every way, and much cheaper than a home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swz5jMDRj-0&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>138699666
exactly. the masses here are poor and scummy, the elite own the property and use the masses as ants to pay rent and work low paying jobs
deep blue states are like slave farms
>>
>>138699445
>close enough to nigger housing

here's one interesting thing about RV life.

it's almost exclusively white people. mostly older americans, and occasionally foreign family tourists who have rented an RV...

if you are staying in the middle of an urban area in an RV, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>138699738
An RV isn't a place to raise a family. Buy land, build a house, have something to give to your son.
>>
If you're a Trump supporter, don't drop $100k on a new RV at camping world. They don't want your money.
>>
>>138696411
This is exactly what I did for a long while. It saves on your energy consumption to use their power/wifi too. Depends on your location, but it's definitely a great option.

-save money on water/electric/installation
-get fit
-socialize (actually a real issue when homesteading. If humans go too long without seeing a real human face, issues arise)

But a gravity fed shower is fine for emergencies too. A bit harder to install than a composting toilet, though.
>>
>>138699936
>don't drop $100k on a new RV

nobody should ever buy a new RV. even worse depreciation than buying a new luxury car...
>>
>>138697487
>Get a sailboat instead.
this, if youre going for the RV route anyway
but you have to be next to a body of water for this to work lmao
>>
>>138693281
Where do I put my study desk and computer, book cases, king sized bed, filing cabinets, etc?
>>
>>138700190
nigger
>>
File: pic related.jpg (27KB, 480x315px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
27KB, 480x315px
>>138699664
God it looks comfy
The waves rocking you to sleep every night
Glorious sunrises/sets every day
I think I need this
Would certainly be an upgrade over my current city of residence
>>
>>138699771
And unfortunately the few that figure that out move to red states without realizing their shitty politics are why they're here voting for the same shit that caused them to leave
>>
>>138700190
>Where do I put my study desk

every RV has a flat surface you can use as a desk

>computer

what is a laptop

>book cases

what is a kindle

>king sized bed

interior of a typical RV is about 7.5 feet wide with no slideouts. Fitting a giant bed is no problem if that's a priority. My kids have bunk beds I built, and my wife and I have a full-size murphy bed. Wasting that space on a stupidly large bed is unjustified for most people..
>>
>>138700272
Shit man, just cause you gotta use a microscope and tweezers don't mean your a lesser man than me.
No need to get jealous of my 8 inches
>>
>>138700477
*to masturbate

How are you supposed to raise a family in something smaller than an apartment?
>>
>>138700460
>sticks and staples
yeah no shit. I worked on my hotrod at a friends yard and they had a pile of trash that had been left over from gutting an RV. Staples and sticks everywhere.
Like, I didn't know you could use that many staples to put something together. It's afro-american engineering at its best.

RVs are total shit heaps. They're trailer park houses on wheels.
>>
>>138700477
What a waste of digits. A "muh dik" post, really.
>>
File: class-a-rv.jpg (120KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
class-a-rv.jpg
120KB, 1000x750px
>>138700190

There are different sizes...obviously if you want to go all out you could get a Class A RV...those things are HUGE...

There is Class C, Fifth Wheel attachments, etc.
>>
>>138700460
>kindle
>instead of real books

You are a disgrace. What do you suggest I do with my vinyls? My furniture? Perhaps an RV might be a good housing solution to the man who has absolutely nothing worth keeping.
>>
>>138701030
You can either live with less or work harder for more and barely get to live with it at all
>>
>>138701030
storage unit, or grow up and stop collecting pogs.
>>
>>138693147
Do whatever makes you happy.
I personally cannot do it, but I can see the appeal. Especially for people who are retired, getting to live wherever you want in the country would be pretty cool.
>>
How do you even find places to park? Do you just go into the suburbs or something?
Looks like they'd take at least three parking spots
>>
>>138701030
>What do you suggest I do with my vinyls?

learn about what the nyquist theorem means and then embrace digital music

>My furniture?

Stop sitting on your ass all the time

>Perhaps an RV might be a good housing solution to the man who has absolutely nothing worth keeping.

Very few men have things worth keeping.

But many men "have" things that keep them... keep them tied to places, people, and jobs they don't like...

I don't full-time RV. I built ours because it's a great way to vacation with a big family of young kids. But you can get by on surprisingly little, and that's a good thing for your soul and your wallet.

If you were more worried about reading books than storing them, you'd have read Walden, and would understand that owning things is a double-edged sword -- the things you own often own you.
>>
>>138701030

Hipster faggot.
>>
File: Trump Airplane.jpg (113KB, 962x641px) Image search: [Google]
Trump Airplane.jpg
113KB, 962x641px
>>138701256

People dislike RVs because it's been painted as "redneck" by the media.

But if it were an airplane that was pimped out like Donald Trump's 757, then it's a different story........I guess Donald Trump must be a redneck too.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZq3iCn2y74
>>
>>138701776
>I will never be Donald Trump

=(
>>
>>138701229
>>138701197
>grow up and stop enjoying music, books and expensive leather furniture

and where do you propose I sit and relax when I get home from work you fucking mongrels? In my RV? What the fuck do you guys have to show for all your 'hard work'? Some natural light and a pack of L&M menthols? I have earned my belongings and I enjoy coming home to them. I am well off and don't need to sacrifice shit.
>>
>>138702006
>show for all your "hard work"
this is how we know you're a hipster faggot. you got caught be the jew rat race good. Add 30 years to your life and you'll look at all your rotting "belongings" and regret the decisions in your life.
>>
>>138701776
The difference is he doesn't live in his plane. If you have an RV parked next to your mansion no one will call you a redneck for having an RV.
>>
>>138702006

>2017
>not coming home to a view over a quiet patch of land
>>
>>138701574
Tasteless, impoverished kike

>>138701545
I sit on my ass after getting shit done all day. I am fit and healthy, I can afford not to burn calories 24/7. I own a home, and sure I could cut my expenses, but why should I? I quite enjoy what I have and where I am currently.

Digital music is just disorganized garbage. Sure, physical media is antiquated, but it is just nicer to actually have the fucking albums. Plus if shit hits the fan, I will still have music and you will not.
>>
>>138697358
>United States becoming irrelevant

I think you might have brain damage. By any chance did your grandparents live near Hiroshima?
>>
>>138702006
you don't need to collect records to enjoy music. maybe 30 years ago, but not anymore. furniture? you can put any kind of seating you want in an RV. your idea of furniture is probably bouncing around an assortment of beanbags and novelty armchairs scattered across your gay living room. and if you're so well off, go buy some land. hard to believe but the average person is either paying down a mortgage or renting.
>>
>>138702659
You are in larp overdrive mode.

I can't believe people can't tell.
>>
>>138702166
I am a hipster because I currently have nice things? Do explain. Should I live out of a canvas sack like a homeless person?

I clawed my way out of poverty and now that I don't need it to survive, I actually don't mind sacrificing the filthy green jew debt certificates for things that will improve the quality of my life.
>>
>>138702506
Who said I dont live on a quiet patch of land?
>>
>>138694382
this
>>
>>138702881
I think you are misunderstanding. I am not in my twenties living in an apartment full of beanbags and chairs from target. I own land. I own nice furniture. I have hobbies I pursue outside of work. Living like a bum to save money at this point would be a waste of my time.
>>
File: IMG_0895.jpg (16KB, 221x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0895.jpg
16KB, 221x180px
>>138693147
>cuck-shed on wheels
>>
>>138702006
Well, it's clearly not for everyone. I'm very minimalist, I just need food, internet, and some walls.

I don't like RVs either, though. Too restrictive, can't farm or renovate easily.
>>
>>138693147
>72 ids ITT
/pol/ RV club when?
>>
>>138703381
this is clearly not a thread directed at you then. notice that the OP started out presenting it as an alternative to paying rent. if you own a home outright then this will always be seen as a change in lifestyle rather than a way to save a chunk of your income.
>>
>>138694216
Why ?

What happend yo muh freedom ?
>>
got a ram 2500 with roughly around 5 tons for the GVWR

should I get a larger independent RV, the biggest trailer I can move, or something small? would park it somewhere and live in it, could work something out as far as utilities go, electrical engineer with years of experience.
>>
File: redneck camping(1).jpg (80KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
redneck camping(1).jpg
80KB, 600x450px
Aren't those in which rednecks live?
>>
>>138703729

/pol/ rv meetup where/when? :)
>>
>>138699996
Dude.
2k17 autismos literally don't leave their house for weeks.
>>
>>138704711
Funny coming from a spic. Every trailer park here has a dozen of your kin living in each unit. I guess you're the white trash now. We'll, not you, you are too stupid to figure out a way to come over.
>>
File: 00n0n_jKV3PCTMcGI_1200x900.jpg (189KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00n0n_jKV3PCTMcGI_1200x900.jpg
189KB, 1200x900px
>>138704711
Yeah, this is basically a thread where people learn that it's cheap to live in a trailer park.

Because giving up and sinking to the lowest strata of society is pretty redpilled.
>>
Long two part post, but for anyone who knows their shit, I'd appreciate an answer. I've thought about this for quite a while and am seriously considering it but have major reservations.

First, I've found *the* area to relocate to after scouring the entire country; I'm self-employed and can work anywhere with a computer and internet access, but that doesn't pay the bills of a $750,000 1br house...also, the cost of rent/lack of standalone houses/places with any kind of privacy makes renting an impossibility as well.

I could move into a crime-ridden ghetto and pay for an overpriced shithole apartment building but I've already tried that and it is utterly maddening; I could never feel comfortable in a place like that and it was a major detriment to my health and life in general. I'm (mostly) a loner and need privacy and a place of my own without endless noise and people surrounding me...but I also don't want to live in the middle of nowhere with zero people and no connections. So after looking everywhere for years I found what I believe to be the best of both worlds; a smallish town with like-minded people surrounded by nature, mountains, wildlife, easy to "get away," + within arm's length of a larger city to go to for events and the like. Also, job opportunities in the area to help me branch out my business so it's not solely online anymore.

Problem is, as I stated, there is no place to live. I've been thinking of an RV, trailer or tiny house on wheels but first of all, all of the land here is $65k-150k and that's without buying/building the tiny house/RV etc and installing everything. Then, if I'm gonna go the RV route and just park in random places, I've got both crime and cops to worry about.

(Cont: 1/2)
>>
>>138703110

Lets see it.

>inb4 it will dox myself due to the flora and fauna.
>>
File: Tiny-House-on-wheels-3.jpg (194KB, 970x680px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny-House-on-wheels-3.jpg
194KB, 970x680px
>>138705857

I wouldn't sleep that well at night not knowing I'm in a random unknown place where I could be mugged/robbed/whatever by anyone at any moment.

On the other hand, the cops here are notorious for being bored and going out of their way to fuck with people...also, even though I don't drink or do drugs, this is a college town with a lot of bars and I'm an anxious lone dude in my 20s and I feel like this would give them extra cause to fuck with me.

I dunno, it sounds like a decent solution in many ways but like an unsustainable nightmare in others...then again, there aren't exactly a whole lot of other options...wat do?
>>
>>138701030
You are the slave of your shit.

Evry book that you have truly read can be burned at any moment and you wouldn't feel shit.
>>
>>138694929
>>138695138
>bus conversion master race
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeMT1d_L-hw
>>
>>138702006
Why are you larping as a nazi then when life is so great for you ?
>>
>>138705857
I know what I'm talking about. So listen up.
If you can live anywhere, you can find a lot of land with manufactured home utilities and pads already set up on the land, or you can strike a deal with the manufactured housing company to throw some of that in for buying their house. They often cut you a discount. Power, water, septic. You need to slow the fuck down and figure out what your budget is first. Nothing else matters. You can then take it from there.
>>
>>138702659
If shit hits the fan than music is the last thing on your mind you mongrel.
>>
>>138703072
What are you doing in this thread ?
>>
>>138705905
name the man who is not a slave to his possessions. that is the man i want as my leader.
>>
>>138703072

You sound like a spoiled silver spoon kid. Prolly a chink in canada hence hiding your shit flag.
>>
Is there any RV conversions with electric/hybrid motor?
In order to decrease gas cost, you might even load solar panels.
>>
>>138699738

a mobile home is still a mobile homes
and the association with white trash is unbreakable
>>
>>138694246

I'm working on a Rv factory and there customers tour on a plant. What amaze me is a median age of clients, it's something about 60-65, I guess. How many trips they will be able to make is a common joke on a floor.

Also, ours are fuckload Expensive, but I understand that new and luxury ones are tiny share of market.
>>
>>138706266
Not really.
>>
Yes good goy, you never want to own land.

Be sure to live in mobile squalor so you never have kids too.
>>
>>138696262
rent where I live is like $600/week

What the fuck USA. How is it so cheap there?
>>
>>138693147
>RV
u want a boat mate. far easier to keep away from the normies
we've got a 2 bedroom yacht with a toilet, shower, kitchenette and small lounge.
>>
>>138708650
how much to you bring in? rent prices change from state/town/county/neighborhood/quality of structure, etc.
>>
>>138693147
that man is dead on the inside dont even lie.
>>
>>138708650
I live in the usa and my rent is 1200 in florida. was 14-1600 when i lived in boston

600 is for a shitbox in a shit place where you make shit money
>>
>>138700081
At least anew sport car will get you laid
>>
>>138708650
Cheapest place I lived in was about $500/month. To put that in perspective, three months after I moved in one of the niggers in the building murdered one of the maintenance workers during a burglary attempt.

I still remember hearing the screams.
>>
motorhomes are for rootless jews you filthy pig
>>
>>138693147
Blood and soil, you dumb kike
>>
>>138693147
No, that's bluepilled af.
Free man owns his land.
Pays no rent because his house is his own.
>>
>>138696343
>ARM
>2017
>being this financially illiterate
>>
>>138705780
Woke up this morning with an urge to cash out and move to some cozy little coastal country and retire. Fuck this rat race and civil bullshit.
>>
File: bby.png (275KB, 440x308px) Image search: [Google]
bby.png
275KB, 440x308px
>>138697487

I lived on a sailboat for about 2 years in FL.

I was moored in a marina, it's the best way to go if you are electricity-independent as it is very reasonably priced and everybody completely leaves you alone. It's also kind of nice to take your dinghy out to your boat at night in calm waters.

Pros:

-Rent is almost nothing

-Depending on the area, pretty much completely left alone by authorities/dock management

-Ability to travel and fish, for both pleasure and as a side gig. Many times I would throw an ad up on craigslist offering to take folks out fishing or for a sunset cruise (some licensing required varies by area)

-Dat fresh sea air

Cons:

-constant maintenance

-constantly spending money for parts and big repairs (engine, mast, etc.)

-need to stay on top of weather patterns and plan accordingly

-maintaining climate and comfort can be slightly difficult

-fear of people boarding you or robbing you while you are away

Overall, IMO, the cons outweigh the pros and sailing is not as easy as you would think. On land, you have some semblance of control, you DONT fuck with the ocean.
>>
>>138713828
>>
>-constant maintenance
>
>-constantly spending money for parts and big repairs (engine, mast, etc.)

I never understood this, why can't mankind make a boat that doesn't need this shit in 2017?
>>
>>138696488
How the fuck are RVs cheap? They can start at 300k here
>>
>>138714266
Salt water is a helluva drug
>>
>>138714604
Do river/lake boats require less of that then?

I don't understand how something like a mast needs repairs, it's just a big pole, clearly it can be made of a material that salt water doesn't affect.
>>
File: kittycat.jpg (327KB, 1245x1596px) Image search: [Google]
kittycat.jpg
327KB, 1245x1596px
>>138714266

I'm actually glad you asked this.

I don't want to go on too big of a tirade, but this kind of feeds into why

1. most people won't ever actually act on these ideas, it will stay a dream

2. most people who end up attempting these ideas will give up or be too lazy to keep up with the lifestyle

These alternative living situations all sound amazing on paper. You have freedom, you're beholden to no one but yourself, you are saving money.

However, lets not forget the important life lesson we learn when we are young:

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYONE WOULD DO IT

there is a reason you don't have mobs of average folks lining up to buy tiny houses or live in RV's and boats.

So to answer your question, there are about 100 things that can go wrong/break/degrade on a boat.

From the small/cheap fixes like cotter pins/clevis pins rusting, up to an outboard engine failure, black mold, and leaks/joint separation.

The reason boats require constant maintenance is because you're literally throwing a fiberglass box into an environment where it is completely surrounded by corrosive salty water, and constantly exposed to salty corrosive air.

Not only is it a battle to maintain (scrapping barnacles, checking for rust/mold, patching any leaks) but it's also a battle to repair because when something crucial breaks, suddenly you no longer have a boat, you have a humid, floating bathtub.
>>
>>138693147
But RV's don't come in RR? And what if I crash it on track day?
>>
File: Standing-rigging3.jpg (32KB, 250x455px) Image search: [Google]
Standing-rigging3.jpg
32KB, 250x455px
>>138714703

Less issues on a river/lake, but still plenty to worry about.

Also, most rivers/lakes will not allow you to moor/anchor your boat for extended periods of time.

You won't have anywhere to travel and that will quickly take away a lot of the allure of being a boat owner.

I felt the same way about boats when I first bought mine. I thought, well shoot there really isin't THAT much to a boat, you've got your mast, your keel, and your hull those are your big components.

However, shit is 1,000 times harder to fix when it's actually in the water

&

don't forget, you're beholden to nature! What do you think is holding the gigantic pole up? A whole buncha wires. What do you think happens when one of those wires busts? (which happens fairly frequently, especially in rough weather conditions)

It seems simple enough, until you're out for dinner one day and comeback to a downed mast and the top of your cabin caved in.
>>
>>138696366
This is the truth.
Land makes you King.
I know places where you can live in a shed and the cops won't bother you.
It's all about being away from prying eyes and not drawing attention.
Being older with a conservative look helps tremendously, as in all things.
>polo shirts
Just remember that you have taxes.
I have this all figured out, in fact I might just go overseas as I have an income.
Maybe I will leave this month,
>>
>>138711897
Where were you?

Do you now or then own a gun? Was the nog caught?
>>
File: 1952_VW_Barndoor_brown_back.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1952_VW_Barndoor_brown_back.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
>>138714904
I suppose could use this and mod the interior. Will a sequential twin-turbo 26b swap with anti-lag give me a good time on the burgering?
>>
>>138715224
>>138714897
Is it then a better idea to have a pure motorboat without a sail?
>>
>>138697487
Also if you live in Spain there are ports made for long term living, with wifi and showers and shit, basically a camping for boats. The most popular one is in Barcelona.
>>
>>138716601
>Is it then a better idea to have a pure motorboat without a sail?
>run out of gas
>completely stranded
Very good idea.
>>
got a vw eurobus.it a nice comfy rig.great for fishing trips
>>
File: 704756.jpg (77KB, 600x368px) Image search: [Google]
704756.jpg
77KB, 600x368px
>>138693147
>RV's are very cheap too:
>>
File: catalina2 (1).jpg (118KB, 700x531px) Image search: [Google]
catalina2 (1).jpg
118KB, 700x531px
>tfw no plane you can live in
>>
File: 105.gif (144KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
105.gif
144KB, 340x340px
>>138693147

Literally buying a cuck-wagon.
>>
File: apex comfiness.jpg (129KB, 1280x1223px) Image search: [Google]
apex comfiness.jpg
129KB, 1280x1223px
>>
File: sniper van.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sniper van.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
Anyone ever been in a landrover conversion? Looks pretty comfy.
>>
File: flyingyacht48.jpg (101KB, 1280x827px) Image search: [Google]
flyingyacht48.jpg
101KB, 1280x827px
http://www.messynessychic.com/2014/04/24/all-aboard-the-flying-yacht-circa-1950/

Don't read up how the Catalina that could be used as a mobile home ended, skip the end of the article. It is not the kind of rage you can handle.
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.