[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does this book trigger so many people?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: guns germs and steal.jpg (52KB, 205x300px) Image search: [Google]
guns germs and steal.jpg
52KB, 205x300px
why does this book trigger so many people?
>>
>>138685173
>DUDE LONGITUDE LMAO
>>
>>138685173

Everyone had read it in an educational setting when they were younger and probably had to do a report on it.
>>
Jared Diamond is a kike faggot who thinks that the world is in a worse place because farming was invented. I hated writing about this cunt back in high school.
>>
Cultural marxist revisionism pure and simple

The main message is that Western civilization only dominated because it was lucky to be in such great circumstances and if Africans or whoever were in those circumstances they would be running the world
>>
>>138685173
It's baby's first intellectual experience.
>>
File: guns germs and lies 2.jpg (258KB, 1551x805px) Image search: [Google]
guns germs and lies 2.jpg
258KB, 1551x805px
>>138685173
Because it simultaneously destroy's lefty "muh oppression" narratives and completely ignores human evolution and trait selection. Only the classical libshits and centrists really believe this shit.
>>
>>138686215
i copied a thread from /his/ because I wanted to see the difference in board culture. dont ever change /pol/
but yeah fuck this book, he makes one reasonable point about amount of animals that you can domesticate. but then he ignores everything else. easier climates, ignores genetics. what one group was or wasn't able to produce. boars going to africa and taming it
>>
Because Diamond insists Race is a social construct.... While at the same time advocating for DNA tests to see who can immigrate into Israel.

He is smart and the book comes off as interesting, but a smart jew's ideas should be taken with a grain of salt. Those brains are clever but they house an innate need to fuck over white gentiles... it's like some reptilian reflex.
>>
>>138687166
>zeigfeid and Roy domesticate the tiger
>an entire continent can't domesticate a fucking zebra over 50k years
nah
>>
>>138686863
about sums it up, my thread is dead now
>>
>>138685173
Jared Diamond is a fucking bird watcher.
>>
>>138687446
well, eventually that tiger broke free from that. I think zebras could have been bred like dogs to become domesticated. it also ignores that Europeans only used horses to help farm for most of their history until new kind of harness allowed them to ox and most still did it without animals. like the saxons in england
>>
File: buffalopepe.jpg (831KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
buffalopepe.jpg
831KB, 1600x1067px
>>138686815
This.
>>
>>138687446
the tiger is now 90lbs and has a cold it cant shake. wears a silk scarf as it walks around Philadelphia
>>
>>138686215
It is. Read the Unabomber's manifesto. Farming is the worst thing that has ever happened to man. Each technological invention has just bought more time for the inevitable collapse of civilization.

ITS A FLAWED CONCEPT.

Disease
War
Famine
Overpopulation
Instability

It was never meant to be this way.
>>
>>138685173
Good discussion here by academics:

https://westhunt.wordpress.com/category/ggs/
>>
>>138685173
i'm convinced most normies are meant to die in wars. most people shouldn't be thinking thoughts or at least expressing them.
>>
>>138686215
this, tbqh. it's airport-bookstore-tier philosophy and history, made for middle managers and housewives to glean factoids for conversation over cocktails.
>>
>>138685173
He acts like being a savage is just as good as being a civilized person. If he was honest about finding the causes of european dominance I would accept his arguments more and some might even be correct as it is, but it feel more like his intend is to put down europeans rather than to explain their success.
>>
>>138688975
In a different time these people would have been slaves or indentured servants at best. The industrial revolution gave these people free time and now they think themselves important
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.