[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck is this even possible? Why is the Death Penalty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: kanka-trial.jpg (70KB, 750x899px) Image search: [Google]
kanka-trial.jpg
70KB, 750x899px
How the fuck is this even possible? Why is the Death Penalty so fucked in the USA?

Randomly reading wiki articles. Came across Megan's Law. Read about her murder. What the fuck?

>man rapes and murders child in 1994
>hands himself in to police station the next day. confesses everything
>Timmendequas remained on New Jersey's Death Row until December 17, 2007, when the New Jersey Legislature abolished the state's death penalty. As a result of the ban, Timmendequas' sentence was commuted to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

I get that in some cases maybe you could give some time for an appeals process or whatever. Even that shouldn't take long. But what about this case? It's not like it was dubious if he was actually the one who did it or whatever. 13 fucking years just keeping this burden alive. For what reason? And then he has to be kept alive until he dies after capital punishment is abolished what the fuck.
>>
>>138669221

life in prison is a worse punishment than death sentence.
>>
>>138669221
>For what reason?

Trial lawyers are scum and executions became a fucking a mess ever since the Death Penalty was reinstated.
>>
>>138669221
Jews are strong believers in a right to life.
>>
he should get the death penalty for that haircut
>>
File: Bogdanoffs.jpg (94KB, 670x730px) Image search: [Google]
Bogdanoffs.jpg
94KB, 670x730px
The reason these cases drag out so long, OP, is that the death penalty is a political issue. So over time, proponents of the death penalty have given up a lot of ground regarding the actual carrying out of the death penalty, so that they could at least keep the death penalty on the playing field.

Example: An appeal of a death sentence is mandatory, and in some states, multiple appeals are mandatory.

Even if that weren't the case, a death penalty case is a huge deal for an attorney. It can make or break his career. Once the offender is sentenced to death, it probably doesn't take much convincing by the attorney that they need to explore every legal option available to overturn the conviction. Even if it takes decades.

So between the politics and the attorneys, it's become an overly-long process. I personally have no real problem with that, I'm not against the death penalty but it is a bit final. Best to be sure the person you're going to fry is guilty.
>>
>>138669221
you can tell just by looking at him he deserves to die. looks like his single mom hugged him too much and stuck things in his ass.
>>
>>138669491
>Trial lawyers are scum and executions became a fucking a mess ever since the Death Penalty was reinstated.
this
why the fuck is it so hard for you retards to understand that trials are fucking expensive
>>
>>138669374
And you know from experience?
>>
>>138669374
t.cuck
>>
>>138669221
Because democrats are generally pretty big fans of children being killed. Adults not so much.
>>
File: June-1957-600x819.jpg (234KB, 600x819px) Image search: [Google]
June-1957-600x819.jpg
234KB, 600x819px
>>138669221
I lived in the house next to Rosie Gordon and dreamed about raping her to death

then someone did that summer

http://www.nbcwashington.com/multimedia/Cold_Case__21_Years_Later__No_Charges_in_Death_of_Rosie_Gordon_Washington_DC-116784128.html
>>
>>138672154

I've done time and yes it is worse. 25 to life will do alot to a person.
>>
biggest problem with american justice is that prosecutors receive so much more funding than public defenders do

in some places public defenders do over 1500 cases per year with a shoestring budget, meanwhile prosecutors offices get tonnes of funding and paralegals to do bitchwork

basically we can never get real justice when the sides dont have equal funding let alone time to prepare. when someone has to do 5 cases a day or more you see why they tell clients to take plea bargains so much even when they may be innocent or have a chance
>>
>>138671838
Because it is pure and simple kikery. Look at OP example. They knew the guy was guilty from day one, any delay fit his execution is an actual insult to the concept of justice
>>
if we had a working justice system then we could just execute people immediately

give death row guys the best lawyer money can buy and then one appeal. if they cant beat the rap with that then thats as good as our imperfect system can get
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.