[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADHD what does pol think?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 28

File: adhd.png (146KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
adhd.png
146KB, 800x400px
Do some believe its an actual disorder that needs medication
>OR
Its just the personality type that doesn't conform with the structure of society such as school, work etc
>>
>>138643225

ADHD is a potent std. almost 4/5 college students has it
>>
a lot of people fake having it to get extra credit and shit in college especially in the US, but you can see it on brain scans
>>
I was diagnosed when I was a little kid. I experience almost non of the symptoms. To me it's just an excuse to get kids hooked on prescription meth at a young age.

Side affects of adderall and other medication include heart palpitations, stunted growth, sexual dysfunction and so on. I'd rather deal with the supposed symptoms.

My whole family is hooked on that shit, but I stopped taking it when I was 17. Coincidentally, I'm the skinniest and tallest in my family, everyone else is a fat manlet with pathological personality disorders.
>>
>>138643225
Both. Depends on your point of view.
>>
>>138644294
I knew a guy who ended up in hospital because his throat closed on ritalin, how could they tell the difference between being a kid and ADHD?
>>
>>138643225
What do you call a camp for Jewish kids with ADHD?

Death camps.
>>
what do you call two kid yanks in a school?
>>target practice
>>
>>138643225

ADHD and Asperger's came from neanderthals because they were evolutionary traits which were good for hunting.

http://www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm

Intense focus and high energy levels were useful for survival in ice age europe. Neanderthals actually had 10% larger brains because of high natural selection in very hostile environment where you needed brains to survive.

Africa has food and warmth around the year so it was all about multiplying and killing rival tribes for living space. That's why niggers are so aggressive and ape-like. More north you go, more neanderthal genes people have. Only race which doesn't have superior neanderthal genes are niggers.

Current society is just so much different place than forest where we had to hunt for a living. Sitting still in classroom is not what we used to do.

Neanderthals raped women from africa and created cro-magnons which also had larger brains than current humans but it was able to reproduce fast and replace and assimilate original neanderthals. They lived side by side for a long time and we still have neanderthal DNA. Sometimes those genes are stronger so we are literally cavemen.

It's not meant as an insult because all neanderthals I know have really strong mind and willpower. Asperger brain is simply wired like neanderthals, that's why they feel like different race.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/garret-loporto/surprising-way-your-neand_b_568455.html
>>
>>138645315
Please archive
>http://huffingtonpost com/garret-loporto/surprising-way-your-neand_b_568455.html
https://archive.is/PyVKK
>>
>>138643225

>ADHD what does pol think?

shitty thing to have.
>>
parents do not love kids, kids want attention and love in other places
>>
to any fags who have it is there any way to control it at all or is it just constant?
>>
ADHD is something that can be compromised with if people had the right tools to cope with it. Do I think it is a major societal issue? No. Is medication overly prescribed in these cases? Yes. The use of prescription drugs in youth is fucking disgusting. My brother is 16 and has been prescribed Adderall the past 5 years. It has done nothing but cause negative effects. It's essentially speed and should not be given to children. Now my brother is a high school dropout who stays up until 5 AM playing League of Legends every single night.
>>
>>138643225
I forget where I found the information, but there is a correlation between ADHD symptoms and gut bacteria. C-sections prevent the good bacteria in the mother from reaching the baby through natural birth. ADHD symptoms can be managed with probiotics and eating right. Wish I had the source.
>>
whatever the reason, i'm not able to concentrate naturally at the level i'd like to, so it is a disorder that needs medication in my case.
>>
File: 1499372235720.jpg (95KB, 640x591px) Image search: [Google]
1499372235720.jpg
95KB, 640x591px
>>
>>138643225
Gives me legal speed
>>
>>138644294
I took it for awhile when I was like 6? Can't remember exactly. I was a normal kid but apparently in like 3rd or 4th grade I took a toy gun to school and threatened someone. Pretty hilarious actually but I ended up being "diagnosed" with ADHD or whatever and was put on Ritalin. I'm 5'11 and my uncles are like 6'3 so I think it definitely affected my growth.
>>
>>138645894
I've also seen studies about attention problems being the result of inefficient brain structure as a result of lack of lateralization of brain function (lack of hemispheric dominance) that overlaps quite a bit with left-handedness. That and lack of habits and mental structure over a lifetime

I'm left-handed and definitely have some hardwired issues with attention and I can see it with my father was well
>>
I've seen people on the UK equivalent of Ritalin and Adderall and it seems to hit people in like waves.
One minute they are like zombies and the next they are back to having their symptoms
>>
>>138643225
been around forever, only in modern times has life became complicated and flashy enough that it's a problem that's diagnosed
>have adhd or low level autism in 1800s
>just known as that weird kid/dude who stares off into space or needs you to repeat shit sometimes, because what the fuck is there to focus on other than tending to the fields and cows
>have adhd/autism in modern life, constant ads, noises, entertainment, distractions everywhere
>>
Depends upon the severity of the symptoms I think. I was told that I had the capability to "intensely hyper focus" as a child, which I always thought was something odd for someone with ADHD to have.
>>
>>138643225
hunter gatherer genetics
>>
>>138646285
Honestly I think ADHD/ADD could be significantly corrected through proper and consistent discipline and an orderly lifestyle. Some people are obviously predisposed to it, but the breakdown in discipline, the family unit, and education are all making it much worse

4chan is probably one of the worst things there are for attention spans to be honest. Endless content
>>
do you fags have coping methods for dealing with it?
>>
>>138646356
>I was told that I had the capability to "intensely hyper focus" as a child
Because the human brain can maintain that hyper focus for only so long... For me it's approximately 20 - 40 minutes, depending on what I ate in prior two days and how much fresh air I have access too. I find it very hard to maintain hyperfocus without burning out in standard buildings that have centralized AC systems. Air quality is a big factor, ie oxygen content.
>captcha
>TURBOCANARY
>>
>>138645736

you can control the distractability part of it with very good discipline. i'll notice this when a deadline is approaching, i can concentrate longer.

however, the amount of actual progress that i make depends greatly on medication. i might think about something for a long time and still not be able to visualise the problem or come up with any solution without the medication. even my writing is noticeably less coherent and abstract thought is much much harder. i have fewer and less frequent moments of insight.
>>
>>138646712
build a daily routine and look into mindfulness meditation. I've never taken medication but I don't think it's that fair to completely mock it, especially if there is inherent chemical/structural imbalances in the brain. I'm working on it myself and I've been doing better lately

oh and try to limit coming here
>>
does it ever wear off? you never seem old people with ADHD?
>>
>>138647090
People just have less active brains in general as they get older. Less energy makes it less noticeable too.
>>
>>138646935

do you recommend creating a journal or using one of those apps to help someone with it?
>>
>>138643225
>Its just the personality type that doesn't conform with the structure of society such as school, work etc
The latter. I just think this is the way you are made.
>>
I was diagnosed with it and refuse to take any meds. Instead I just drink when I'm feeling especially addy.
>>
>>138645736
It all depends. Sometimes I'd consciously stay focused because I'm in a meeting, but then I can't help but fidget and yawn after 10 minutes even though I'm not bored or anything.
You also tend to forget the simplest shit.
With deadlines as >>138646933 said, it is easier to focus longer.
>>
>>138643225
I think you're looking for excuses and self-indulgent comments to delude yourself into thinking you don't have a problem.
>>
>>138647353
Spend less time on the internet and while being strict, be willing to forgive yourself and move on if you struggle with something. I have a physical journal that I write in in the morning to assign myself tasks, and then return to at night to write down thoughts and stuff

focus on doing small things daily, everyday, and don't overwhelm yourself at first. It's the surest way to struggle with it and don't rely on energy coming from manic self-loathing
>>
would this mean that people with adhd actually have an advantage over people without ADHD if civilisation ended as we know it and were back to hunting in forrest?
>>
>>138647658
I haven't got ADHD or ADD and no bias .I'm the complete opposite and never had a problem studying in university I'm just curious to what society actually thinks about it honestly
>>
>>138647557
>With deadlines as >>138646933 (You) said, it is easier to focus longer.

but this is only a small aspect of it. most people are motived by deadlines in similar way even if they don't have ADD.

the real problem is not being able to think clearly enough. it's a perpetual brainfog.
>>
>>138647658
why do people on here think every attempt at discussion comes from some form of insecurity or avoidance of responsibility? Is it projection?
>>
>>138647685
people with adhd already have an advantage. from my experience, we grow up with abnormal childhoods that expose us to things normal people would never be exposed to. /pol/ is a pretty good example. if you properly control adhd and abuse medication when you need hyper focus, you're so much better than any normal brain

to those of you who want "treatment" or coping mechanisms, here's a book recommended by my kike psychiatrist who writes adder all prescriptions for cash. i've talked to him for hours about it
>managing your adult adhd
https://mega.nz/#!hSIiWbgC!wbWa2x62X29f2p0xv8rXCIZH1jqjCaKYEjgLwyORbX8
>>
>>138648130
I know, makes me wonder how I even passed high school
>>
>>138647669
>focus on doing small things daily, everyday, and don't overwhelm yourself at first. It's the surest way to struggle with it and don't rely on energy coming from manic self-loathing

this is the best kind of energy imo, as terrible as that sounds. you have to understand that even simple tasks require an unreasonable amount of energy and motivation. the kind of energy that you get from being unreasonably displeased by the result of not accomplishing said tasks.
>>
I'm a electronic medical engineer in my second year of uni and the people in my theory classes (few have adhd) seem to shoot mental arithmetic so quick the Asian kids couldn't keep up, is this the medication or natural ability? do you fags suffer with anxiety in pair with it?
>>
>>138649452
it can easily dissipate over the course of a week though and then you're in a slump and disinterested
>>
DAILY REMINDER THAT PSYCHIATRIC DIAGNOSTICS ARE LITERALLY VOTED INTO EXISTENCE AND THAT PSYCHIATRY IS A PSEUDOSCIENCE.
>>
>>138649589

maybe for you.
>>
>>138644294
Your family is hooked on adderall and they're all fat? That doesn't add up
>>
>>138643225
I probably have it, and apart from the difficulty of keeping a relationship and the impulsive shit I like it.
It makes me want a challenge but I can't play poker or chess any more because halfway through I stop giving a fuck, seems to have gotten worse since I was a kid.
I'm not an idiot though and I like to learn, so maybe that's why it works.
>Do you need medication
I'd lean towards no. Maybe it helps but I don't see what is so important that you need to focus on that you can't just take breaks with to do other work.
>>
>>138650154
what made a relationship such a challenge with ADHD?
>>
>>138650154
>I probably have it, and apart from the difficulty of keeping a relationship and the impulsive shit I like it.

if you like it then you probably do not have it.
>>
>>138647090
50 here with ADHD. Sucks.
>>
>>138650582
women are fucking boring and it gets tiring forcing yourself to keep fake conversation going. after a handful of failed relationships you simulate the chance of failure before even talking to a girl
>>
>>138649954
Nah a lot of us get that. This is something widely said. It's the one thing I wish I could turn off.
>>
>>138650631
Nah he def has it
>>
>>138650829
>>138650902
sorry to hear that fags I didnt realise it effects personal relationships and its effects last that long

Would it affect your friendships aswell?
>>
>>138650631
Well I can't focus on anything unless it challenges me, but I feel it makes me sharper, and not spending too long on the same thing makes me more well versed on different subjects. If I have to focus on something I just take lots of breaks, but honestly I don't really hate it.
Maybe it's because i don't know any better

>>138650582
I get bored of women easily, I always want to leave anywhere I go when we get there, I'm always fidgeting with shit, I like to gamble, I don't want to have long talks about anything, I do lots of different shit all the time and am unpredictable. Lots of things really
>>
>>138646356
I call it 'dog with a bone' syndrome, I have it and periodically could accomplish amazing things hen completely immersed or fascinated by it. diagnosed in my 40's gave me a shit load of drugs for depression and adhd, (adderal put my brain to sleep but my heart race, not good) so I got fucked over real good. stopped cold turkey (doc's had me on a lot of shit) and I have been in a trough since, and in neutral. not real good not real horrible, but I don't like being around people, so I hang with /pol/
>>
ADHD people are fucking geniuses. Theres definitely something different about them. But, yea I think it doesnt conform with the structure of society school, work and people are annoyed and stuff by ADHD people so they want them medicated. Thus they get hit with too many drugs and shit. Some ADHD people take their amphetamines prescribed and swear they feel better, so long as the person themselves feel they work, I think its ok. Thats something that really identifies if your ADHD, if you calm down when you take an upper theres definitely something different about you. I just dont think people should consider it a "handicap". Some ADHD people are famous scientists.
>>
>>138650991

it's a matter of degree.

and why would i want to turn it off when it's the way i get things done? it's not pleasant, but it does work.
>>
>>138649573
Tons of anxiety. You see things that are equally probably to happen because you can easily find reasons to create the cause and effect of possibilities so you get stuck and don't know what exactly you should do or say.

The feeling of ADD for me is like that feeling when you wake up but without sleep. You try to think but you can't make it solid. It's like trying to build a card castle and you always accidentally break the base everything falls off.
>>
>>138651324
i've only connected with other men my age who have adhd or some other mental disorder. the friendships are pretty unusual, because we don't necessarily hang out or anything. it's mostly just someone to talk to casually through the day. no hobby talk, no planning, just current events and daily life.

it sounds fedora-core, but i immediately realize people aren't genuine when they're trying to talk and it's a complete waste of time. people usually lose interest when i tell them that i don't watch movies or television
>>
>>138651786
it sounds like the perfect tool for a quantum scientist, do you have any coping methods for the anxiety? sorry to hear about the anxiety also
>>
>>138651324
Main impact is on work relationships. Friendships, no real impact.
>>
File: 1500027473872.jpg (21KB, 345x348px) Image search: [Google]
1500027473872.jpg
21KB, 345x348px
>>138643225
I believe its completely real, and had pretty much destroyed my life because Ive never been treated for it
>>
>>138644095
>extra credit
Idiot
They fake it for adderal
>>
>>138651786
I can relate to that, you just need to calm down and not overthink everything.
Sometimes I have ten things that i think I should say or do, or think about things from 5 different viewpoints and freeze for a second.

I try to just go with my gut these days and not worry about it, but it's hard when your mind is racing
>>
>>138643225
The fact that we are all on pol rather than reading a book that can be equally as entertaining and doubly rewarding should speak for itself.
>>
>>138652346
in UK universities will give you upto a 5% tollerance in exams and coursework etc if you have ADHD or similar
>>
>>138651786
>The feeling of ADD for me is like that feeling when you wake up but without sleep

imo it's more like being drunk minus the pleasant effects of euphoria and inhibition.
>>
>>138652093
I find it definitely effects relationships with people you basically zone out of realty and stop listening to them because they're boring as fuck i find alcohol helps alot
>>
File: 1499737242104.jpg (138KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1499737242104.jpg
138KB, 550x550px
>>138645953
88D*
fixed that for you
>>
ADHD is real but it's not truly a disorder per se, it's a completely normal neurological archetype. It's just out of sync with a 9-to-5 society.
>>
>>138652527
can you drink while on the ADHD medication?
>>
File: index.png (6KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
6KB, 206x245px
>>138643225
I could have had a normal life if i was treated for this fucking hell. Horrible grades every grade of school repeated a grade. fired from multiple jobs for not listening to instructions i just zone out i dont know how not too ive done this my whole life. but now im a fucking adult no doctors believe adult adhd is real in Australia. Parents blamed literally everyone else for my failing and never once thought it might be me
>>
>>138652082
Ritalin kills my anxiety and usually gives me more contrast on the possibilities so I can choose them easier. It's like my ADD made me see the world with lower contrast and everything looks too much connected and I can't separate them in smaller systems (since mainstream education wants you to have a concrete absolute answer always). Ritalin lets me create illusory isolated systems and I am able to answer questions for others exactly like they wanted to hear (for example teachers).

As for me only it helps me choose what I want to do in the moment easier so it wont give me anxiety on what I want to do on that day.

Analogy with Quantum phenomena it's like my actions are stuck on the probability plane and nothing happens to be observed in reality and I look like an autist.

All my hyperactivity is inside and I look passive most of the time. As I said before, feels like you barely woke up but you have no need for sleep.
>>
>>138653027

to anyone who isn't a larper: import modafinil or r-modafinil. it's not quite as effective but it does manage the fatigue quite well and if you have no tolerance to the stronger stuff you'll probably be impressed.
>>
>>138653027
your only a victim of something if you let something define you, just look at the posts on this thread and see what positives could be from a shit situation as Ive recently learned!
>>
>>138643225
I think it's real because I've been diagnosed with it. Even got a brain scan and everything.

It really sucks to have, makes your life empty and pointless.
>>
>>138653367
there are no benefits to that disorder, except depression, anxiety, inevitable alcohol/drug abuse. Most parents care about their kids and get them mental help when they're obviously mentally ill
>>
>>138653362
heard that stuff is great for university students trying to use smart drugs to pass exams when cramming
>>
>>138653362
not worth it and will only make you hate yourself even more. you can only use it for a week before you build tolerance and it stops working.
>>
>>138653712

still a piss-poor alternative to amphetamine or methylphenidate if those are what you're used to, but way better than nothing.
>>
>>138643225
I was diagnosed. 32 married kids now. Its bullshit.

I definitely had more energy than kids my age. And all my female teachers only cared about me sitting down and shutting up when all i wanted was to do new things every day.
>>
>>138653362
also that is actually illegal in Australia without a prescription
>>
>>138643225
I have ADHD, Its weird, if you have it you know, ive known all my life something was slightly different just not how to explain it. The best way to describe it is that when you have ADHD you miss stupid things, if you are writing a paper it may be the best subject for a paper in the world, but being that you couldn't concentrate on the grammer it will need revision. ADHD makes you miss little things in a big picture even if you clearly see them your brain wont register it because you are thinking about something else. Its like your brain is moving 100 miles an hour. You get used to it after a while, I took medication a few years ago, Adderall, when I was studying for the LSAT. Long story short I hated it I did worse on the LSAT on Adderall then off my medication. Currently I'm a Law student with a scholarship and a bright future, with ADHD. Personally I believe that medicating children with ADHD is wrong because they simply haven't had the time to learn their thought process and are acting out because of how fast they think. I consider my ADHD a blessing, after learning to proof read and recheck everything I do I now know I can think circles around my fellow classmates and pick up on bigger picture themes that people without ADHD may not see.
>>
>>138654051
same in the UK all of the powerful stuff has been banned from the UK because of the dangerous side effects we have the UK equivalent called conserta
>>
>>138654014
if you got to 32 with untreated adhd and never became a depressed alcoholic you either didn't ever have it or your life was completely controlled like the military
>>
File: 1379838549113.png (617KB, 712x855px) Image search: [Google]
1379838549113.png
617KB, 712x855px
>>138654014
>32 married kids
That's a lot of stamina, my dude. How many wives?
>>
>>138646238
Left-handed is typically misdiagnosis of mixed handedness. These people have larger corpus callosum allowing the hemispheres of the brain to "communicate" better. Among the traits of mixed/left handed are less rigid thinking and change of opinion when given new info. Source: A Left-Hand Turn Around the World.
>>
>>138653950

i use it on off days and when i run out of my normal stuff too soon from doubling up. i notice no tolerance, but i'm not taking it continuously.
>>
>>138654163
Wow this is almost exactly how it is.
>>
>>138654163
This. But I wouldn't ever touch in Law since its purely civilisation based.
>>
File: images.png (10KB, 205x245px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
10KB, 205x245px
>>138654163
were you diagnosed with it as a child?
>>
>>138654051

that shouldn't stop anyone who's actually having a problem with ADD and can't get a prescription. unless you're very likely to be caught and prosecuted you should do it anyway.
>>
>>138643225
ADHD is a made up condition that makes Big Pharma and associates rich. As long as the public falls for it.
>>
>>138654377
I have found myself thinking about this for a long time, I'm 22 now, realized I was different when I was around 14 or 15.
>>
>>138649954
if it isn't the case for you than I think by definition you don't have any attention issues. Do you know what attention means?
>>
>>138653950
>you can only use it for a week before you build tolerance and it stops working.

A week? That's sounds way to Flowers for Algernoney for my taste.
>>
do any ADHD fags here struggle to make new friends? Im reading up on common side effects of it and that seems to be a common one in children
>>
>>138654776
yes
>>
>>138645315
this must be why germans are autistic

myself included
>>
>>138643225
I think it exists, but it's a lot more rare than is diagnosed. They've been using drugs to keep kids complacent, as class sizes grew, and rules disallowing punishment of kids, and kids getting more belligerent and violent towards adults. If a little boy shows any sign of being a little boy, they just shove drugs down his throat and say he has ADHD.
>>
>>138654760

you might be correct. personally i don't care what they call it as long as i can get my Rx
>>
>>138646604
Had I been properly diagnosed, and had a parent that advocated for me, my whole life and education could have been better. I'm not an ingrate, but I struggled and suffered as a student and a grad student, and at work, and relationships. I take amphetamine at the right dose, have for years. methylphenidate very bad for me. If you need it take it. dont be a dick.
>>
>>138654501
No I was diagnosed when I took myself to a psychiatrist two years ago when I was 20. It was clear to everyone there even the psychologist. They put me on 40 mg instant release Adderall for 9 months while I was studying for the LSAT. I thought it would be good because it was supposed to help, I wasn't supposed to continue to miss small details. All it made me do was be complacent with missing details, I remained exactly the same, only worse because the medication sapped my drive for improvement. About 5 months in I was completely dependent on Adderall and was no longer sleeping or eating much. Please my friends with ADHD stick to MARIJUANA, it is an amazing plant that completely negates ADHD from my experiances. It is also getting me through law school currently, I can smoke half a bowl and be perfectly at peace studying.
>>
File: 20170822_181939.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170822_181939.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>docs love prescribing drugs
>I love taking said drugs

It's a win-win really
>>
>>138654776
any tips to make any i only have like 1 friend
>>
>>138654240
i just got my shit together. i am not perfect and i do things in my life to keep stable. like taking my time with things, avoiding caffeine and alcohol.

You don't need the military to discipline yourself.
>>
>>138655080
Marijewana is fucking awful in my experience. It fives great ability for things like visualisation but never lets you be grounded to play the mainstream society game of life.

>>138655086
Find someone with high intuition and try to make sense of them.
>>
>>138654776
i have no friends. family and coworkers is all you really need as an adult. But i do treat the Friendship with more reverence than others might.
>>
File: 1477112484371.png (1MB, 907x666px) Image search: [Google]
1477112484371.png
1MB, 907x666px
>>138644294
lol

pic relate
>>
>>138655291
did you get horrible grades every grade and drop out of high school?
>>
Edfag here. Shit's real. Shit is ALSO heavily overdiagnosed.

>>138644526
The definition is if the kid's out of control to the point where it's considered a disability.

>>138645736
Executive control can be trained and practiced.

>>138645894
Still pie in the sky, but no harm in eating a proper diet. Diet absolutely affects hormone levels.

>>138646712
First, DON'T ASK /POL/ FOR ADVICE ON THIS SUBJECT.
>>
>>138645315
Does this explain the stereotype about all Finns having AUDISM :DDDD
>>
>>138654776
People will be drawn to you if you have ADHD. Your natural energy will make sure of that. However, when you start a conversation with a potential new friend you must ACTIVLY make sure you do not interrupt them all the time, or change the subject in the middle of you or their stories. If you do this to much your personality will become overwhelming and they will leave. People with ADHD have the most social problems because we DO NOT LISTEN, INTERRUPT PEOPLE CONSTANTLY, and Have to OVERWHELMING of a personality. Make sure you really try when socializing to not do these things, it will never go away, but if you feel your mind wandering snap it back!
>>
>>138654776
Well there is little reason to talk to people if there is little dopamine reward from it
>>
Questions for ADHD experts here:
Are there any physical traits that help identify a person with add?

Is having "to much energy" a definitive sign of ADHD if not direct proof or does it come in different forms?
>>
>>138655428
i live in California i don`t think that is possible here
>>
>>138655291
I got bad grades. Mostly because i hated sitting in class so i skipped a lot and just chilled outside.

Flunked college. Realized i had issues with authority and being stuck in one place for too long. So i focused on relationships and finding work that let me work outside unsupervised.
>>
>>138644526
>I knew a guy who ended up in hospital because his throat closed on ritalin

probably an allergic reaction. that's not a normal side effect.
>>
>>138656009
>>138655541
>>
>>138655796
usually unemployed, a history of failure, drug/alcohol addiction mentally illnesses throughout the family
>>
>>138643225
caused by environmental factors. (diet)
>>
>>138643225
>TFW you have autism
>TFW you don't have ADHD or depression or schizophrenia
I'm lucky I guess?

Also, how genetic is autism? I'm kind of scared I'll pass it on to my theoretical children.
>>
I have it been diagnosed forever. I havent take pills in about 7yrs or sso its been really shitty I need to get back on it.
>>
>>138655796
Not sure how to explain it but they seem to crave for inputs so they might be analysing new environment or seemingly things out of the ordinary. It's about the eyes and how they touch in things sometimes. Bursts in speech are the most common thing if you notice someone that doesn't talk much suddenly talks a lot before being quiet again.

I believe they are usually slim never noticed people that are fat with high levels of ADHD.
>>
>>138656073
Notsureifserious. Another questions maybe only someone with ADHD will understand this, do you think ADHD is overdiagnosed because it became so evolutionary rare in extreme forms that people believe it has to be diagnosed at all?
>>
>>138643225
Probably both. Just like with the boom of depression, anxiety, and those other "state of mind" disorders like bipolar, trannies, etc.
>>
>>138643225
It's literally just the effects of poor diet and lack of sleep on the brain. Do that for long enough and it fucks up your brain.
>>
>>138656760
I was awake with intense fear of monsters etc for countless nights of my childhood, am i perma fucked? parents really should have noticed the intense autism
>>
>>138656400
I think its over diagnosed or was at least. I believe its simple a trait a person has that teachers find undesirable and does not guided well into adulthood.
>>
>>138657065
I remember spending countless night awake all night think about how the person that wakes up in the morning is essentially a new consciousness and by falling asleep i am basically dying. Told my dad about it when i was 10 and thats when i went to see the therapist.
>>
>>138657497
well sleeping is death practice
>>
>>138657497
I only thought about that recently but i convinced now that i just become a happier version of my night self
>>
does anyone believe this simply part of evolution where humans are either stuck with an old gene or more forward in the evolutionary timeline which can think much quicker at 100mph compared to a normal person?
>>
I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 19 and took Vyvanze for about nine months. One thing I appreciate is that it taught me what the experience of pure focus is like. I'd been without that for a very long time and didn't know exactly what concentration was supposed to feel like or how to put my thoughts in that state again if that makes sense. When you're totally focused on the task at hand and have no thoughts but your work, it really does feel good and I admit I kind of miss that, though I have learned to "natually" monitor my thoughts and correct them with they start to drift

It isn't a miracle drug. It won't make you more motivated or conscientious; if you don't have a clear structure and the willpower to follow through then it's totally useless and you'll end up writing essay length posts on 4chan (like several pages worth) or playing Super Mario for six hours. It also will ruin your sleeping schedule and, in my case, make you paranoid and anxious because it's a fucking amphetamine

I don't know if ADHD is a bullshit excuse for kids who don't want to do their homework, a product of biology, or a side-effect of a distraction-based media-driven society, but it should NOT under any circumstances be given to children. Kids should be taught how to mediate and be mindful; pumping them with meth is not a solution
>>
>>138657916
no.
Evolution isn't a step ladder. Its throwing a handful of what you got at the canvas and seeing what sticks and what drips off.
>>
>>138658030
How do non adhd people focus so well without drugs
>>
>>138643225
I think it's stupid have your kid of 4 years old diagnosed with it. How would you even know? Now a days any hint of hyperactivity is met with a visit to Doctor Sheckleberg and being prescribed brain altering drugs that turn you into a shut in zombie.
>>
>>138658606
Its a Dopamine problem, ADHD I think is actually linked to Parkinson's. So are ADHD medications so if you have ADHD and are taking ADHD medicine assuming you make it passed 70 you aren't gonna remember your own fucking name.
>>
>>138658675
Normies are zombies its the normal state of mind in the modern world if drugs help someone become more functional in this boring modern world , why not
>>
File: Horrid_Little_Monkey.jpg (28KB, 286x429px) Image search: [Google]
Horrid_Little_Monkey.jpg
28KB, 286x429px
>>138643225
As a guy who took them as a kid I can say they can help but only for a limited time, they helped keep me from failing second grade but they caused nothing but trouble for my psychological health afterwards. Quit them in freshman year of high school, not instantly but shortly I began to get in touch with myself again.

Meds destroy your ability comprehend anything.

But worst is you can't feel yourself think. Imagine a workout where you can't feel the pump(pleasure and pain, depth)and only slowly lose the ability to lift something until your arm snaps off.

Michael Savage has an awesome quote about the mind. Paraphrased: " Everybody has their own problems in the head, and whatever little goblin you've got down there - it's only imaginary so what are you so scared about?"

Getting in touch with yourself feels great.
Maybe it's just my Ego but since I've been off meds my mind has been tenfold stronger and I think of myself as super enlightened.
>>
>>138645736
It's hard for me to focus and commit to things I don't want to do, but it isn't debilitating or keeping me from functioning like a normal adult. Though I'm very far from normal.
>>
>>138658841
What about being some kind of Brain wave problem as well? As I said ADD feels like a sleepy state.
>>
its like a personality type that can be like many said be controled by a drug i have adhd and ive been off that shit for 3 years its most about self control really
>>
>>138643225

its likely a group of disorders with very similar features
and people have yet to isolate the different constituents
>>
>>138659422
>things I don't want to do

this is the difference. i can't focus on some things even when i do want to do them.
>>
>>138659297

are you employed, dealing with things normally, etc
>>
I think its real, all the adhd kids in my school were violent retards that barely could do gym class without starting to fight over petty shit.

Also all the violent kids in my siblings classes also happen to be adhd kids. They get away with so much shit because of the "disorder". They barely get punished.

I belive that adhd kids need to go to special classes or schools, or get the beatings the deserve. I dotn know a single adhd person that isnt or were a total cunt.
>>
>>138654776
I have ADHD and my general personality is very loud and brash when I'm not too anxious to speak.
I make friends really fast and easily in most situations because most people think high energy is entertaining.
They rarely last because it becomes frustrating and overwhelming, I always have to have something to occupy myself with (like my phone or books or daydreaming) or I talk incessantly. Most people get tired of this really fast.
I also have anxiety problems, most of the time I try to suppress my personality and not talk or interact with people, which always backfires because it makes me look like an aspie because of how obviously fake it is.

I have almost every single listed symptom of ADHD. I do not learn physical skills quickly, it takes a lot of repetition to master stuff as simple as knots. I'm the same way with directions and navigating; I have to drive somewhere a dozen times within a couple weeks or I forget the route.
I get frustrated quickly and easily; when I was a kid I would have huge meltdowns over things like homework when I didn't understand immediately, and as an adult I have a great deal of trouble doing things like working on my car or building an IKEA chair, because I get annoyed every time anything happens to slow down the process, and then I have to stop and get over my annoyance or I can't continue what I'm doing. This makes simple, everyday tasks sometimes take hours because I have to stop every time I get even a little upset.

Essentially it's like being an incredibly bratty child, but you can't grow out of it because it's built into your brain. Things like sitting in a classroom or paying attention to a story or explanation take incredible self discipline, and I've spent my entire life trying to be normal.

ADHD is overdiagnosed for sure, but people who pretend it's not a real disability are simply misinformed.
>>
>>138660547
I had ADHD and I wasn't a cunt, but my father beat me continually
>>
>>138660716
Well good for you, here in Sweden they were basically bullies with protection from teachers.
>>
>>138660701
you seem to have really good self awareness
>>
>>138660701
Sums my life up pretty well. My advice is find a patient woman. I did. She had to read a few books on ADHD to manage me. Now she can't leave me because in her words "I'm not letting some other woman reap the rewards of all my hard work".

I don't mind. She's helped me be the best I can. Trades are a good place for us. I love what I do. I renovate houses. It's a giant art project and I get to smash shit.
>>
>>138645315
huh, makes sense then since I'm around 80% german
>>
>>138655682
Ouch. So true. I need to remember this.
>>
>>138656189
Not necessarily diet. Environmental, yes. I was fine until We lived in a home with toxic mold for two years.
>>
>>138660988
I spend a lot of time thinking about how I act and trying to improve it.
It doesn't always work, in the last couple years I decided that I needed to be quiet in social situations and berated myself every time I impulsively talked to strangers or the people who sat around me in school. Now, when I want to be social, I have trouble starting conversations unless the other person initiates or I'm drunk. I'm slowly getting over it, but I fucked myself up by trying to self improve.

>>138661418
I'm nineteen and I've had two girlfriends in my life. The first lasted a month and the second lasted until I moved out of state, and she was patient but also took advantage of my insecurity about the things I have trouble with.

One of the symptoms of ADHD is trouble with understanding others' emotions, like aspergers, and that combined with having an acne problem in HS has kept me from asking anyone out.
I really hate myself for it, when I was a senior and my skin started to get better this really hot blonde girl was into me, and I never picked up on it because she talked a lot of shit to me and would also talk about other guys hitting on her and her turning them down.

Turns out she was super into me, talked shit because she thought it was flirting, and talked about other guys because she wanted me to be jealous and ask her out. It didn't work and I only realized a year later when it was laid out for me.
>>
>>138643225
ADHD is a collection of "symptoms. ADHD has no biological markers. They are making money off of people drugging their kids, fucking morons.
>>
>>138662112
How did you not develop self hatred and poor self esteem? We're you treated for ADHD in childhood?
>>
>>138643225

I was diagnosed young and medicated since 6th grade through the end of highschool. I started with concerta which I didnt like, so I switched to strattera which I also didn't like (its actually really depressing how bad strattera was).
I have always been significantly different than most people. The medication didnt help my socialization or normalness. It just made me go into an autopilot of things I needed to take care of, now next day, etc. no joy in my efforts, etc.
Ive always been somewhat of an idiot-savant/odd-genius. There are some things that mentally I just cannot compute, but in many many areas I totally blow away people around me with my performance.
I have an incredibly hard time with making certain decisions, and suffer a lot of "analysis paralysis". I also have an urge to be really really efficient at things. If I can work extremely hard at a job that I feel is efficient, I will love every second of what I'm doing, and will work myself to extreme exhaustion.
If something feels inefficient, it is like pulling teeth to get started. I'd rather just think about how I could improve the process and then end up getting distracted by other things.
I also react much differently to most social situations than most people I've met. I try so hard not to be noticed but I can't help but stand out like a sore thumb everywhere I go.
There are some people I click with, and it often makes entire situations that would otherwise be difficult much easier.

I do feel like its a much different brain chemistry, but I much prefer what I have to what I think "normal" people have. There really isnt any normal person so its hard to really explain without a concrete comparison.

I feel I've already spaghettid a whole book here so ill cut it short.
>>
>>138660988
I wouldn't be surprised if there was some correlation between ADD/ADHD and having greater than average level of self-awaraness. ADD kind of dissolves the conceptual layer a normally functioning mind has laid over the sensorily experienced reality. So you just take everything in on some abstract, absolute level, where everything is part of the same experience. Not much about it the whole experience is divided and categorized in specific boxes and labels. In this kind of disconnected state awareness of the self becomes closer to the surface.

On the other hand, in a high-dopamine state self-awareness may be harder to maintain because everything about the sensorily reality is so stimulating that the brain is preoccupied with processing and navigating through it.
>>
>>138645736
Yes, medication. Works wonders.
>>
>>138662563
But what if your doctor says adult adhd isn't real any other drugs that can help it other than alcohol
>>
>>138662563
But for how long?
>>
>>138662112

My dad gave me the best advice and I'll share it. Girls don't care about looks the same as men. Just ask them out. The worst they can do is say no. I've always batted above average because of this. My wife is fit for example while I'm a bit fat. She loves me for other reasons. Women are not like us.
>>
>>138662990
Nice b8 m8
>>
It's a blessing and a curse. On one hand, you get a tidy little IQ boost, and can grasp complicated things far more easily than most people. On the other, you don't have the attention span to put it to use, if left unchecked it can lead to OCD, Anxiety and depression very quickly. You're so likely to become a degenerate that you have to try twice as hard not to be, rigid discipline and self improvement and awareness have to become a part of your life or it just goes to crap. It doesn't surprise me to see so many in this thread with ADHD, the ideas of self ownership that are so highly held in /pol have alot in common with someone who has learnt how to manage ADHD themselves.
>>
>>138655682

HA! One of my best friends thought I didn't like him because I always interrupted him. He started to notice I do it to everyone and all my old friends just tell me top shut the fuck up. Once he figured out "shut the fuck up" or punch me ion the arm we've been good bros ever since. Buddies over 20 years now.
>>
>>138662325
I did. My self esteem is like a revolving door, sometimes I'm so confident that I think I can do anything and everything, sometimes I want to kill myself because I smiled wrong or talked to someone.
I was on Adderall from 4th-8th grade, I stopped taking it because I lost 40 pounds from not eating and I couldn't sleep at all. It took me four years to convince my mom the drugs were the problem, and it's caused me problems since. I was basically developmentally behind even further after getting off them.
At nineteen I have the emotional maturity of a fifteen year old, I just am very good at identifying and suppressing it.
The fact that my dad is a total nut and beat on me when I got upset or cried is unironically helpful in that aspect, because it's made me good at suppressing reactions and pretending I'm not upset or angry or whatever in situations where a normal person could just ignore and move on.

>>138662990
I agree with this anon, I just have a lot of trouble practicing it. I'm not ugly, I'm just awkward because I try to hide how I am and it's obvious and makes me seem weird.
>>
>>138663190
Too late I'm already a lazy unemployed degenerate with all the mental illnesses in the book
>>
>>138663127

Not bait. That's my life. Not everyone here is a 20 year old neet with no life experience. I'm pushing 40 and working on starting a family. Been with my wife almost 14 years now..... Why would I lie about being a bit fat?
>>
>>138663453
look into BPD. No offense at all, I don't really know you, but I think self-awareness is critical to recovery if you can handle it.

There are commonly a lot of other problems people with ADHD have
>>
>>138662739
Sleep, good diet, and regiment/discipline. I can only speak for myself, but I have no doubt that it is real, obviously. Medication has been transformative. Treatment for Adhd, particularly in adults, is its infancy over here. Bypass your Gp. Gp directly to a specialist psychologist and have them assess you. Return to Gp and get regular prescription from then onwards.
>>
>>138643225
Nowadays everyone has ADHD.

My brother has it. the real type. He is impulsive as fuck and used to have no breaks on anything
>>
>>138662876
Indefinitely. Adhd treatments are not therapeutic, so your symptoms will return instantaneously, irrespective of how long you've been treated.
>>
>>138663453
There you go, you were treated for it in childhood that's why you're not fucked because you knew something was wrong with you and it wasn't your fault but if you don't know you just think you're a fucking retard and all self esteem disappears and you develop a hard wired sense of being a failure
>>
File: Le happy Varg.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Le happy Varg.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>138645315
It's time for bed, turn off your VPN Varg.
>>
>>138643225
Cured mine by reading more. I've been reading about 3 books a week for the last 4 years, and though my ADD is not 100% gone, it no longer controls my life.
>>
>>138663704
Here in Australia most doctors don't believe adult adhd is real and they treat for anxiety instead
>>
>>138663935
i was diagnosed ADD and had the shit drugged out of me, and i knew i really just didnt give a shit because it all was stupidly easy

BEFORE i was doped the fuck out on amphetamine

but i was 8 so it was hard to articulate that, and even for a few years i couldnt convince my parents to let me stop taking it, and i was afraid that they were right and i did have some horrible brain disease it was treating

but no, it just made me feel like i had brain cancer and my grades slipped even farther over the years
>>
>>138664524
and my grades got better a little while after i got off the drugs, after a year of being depressed as fuck from having been on speed for the past few years
>>
>>138664524
Did you fail every grad of school and repeat a grade? That level of failure does a lot of damage
>>
>>138664284
Yeah, so do some research, find a psych who specialises in Adhd and see them. They'll conduct an assessment and can provide a prescription recommendation for your regular doctor if they believe you have Adhd. Doctor's are reluctant to prescribe because there are no studies/guidelines for treating adult Adhd. Basically, you're hassle for them.
>>
Master it and becomes a tool of the mind.
>>
File: 1361915308656.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1361915308656.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>138652437
and i keep buying books too
>>
dont fall for the pharma jew. (((adhd))) doesn't exist
>>
>>138643225
It's a real result of overstimulation from TV and cell phones, and fast food and candy and pop music. Does it require medication? Fuck no. The Jews have given us ADHD to make us dumb and easily controllable. Doesn't mean it's fake, but it's artificially produced by those in power and the medication goes right along with it.
>>
>>138662325
>take amphetamine every day
>feels good at first
>after a few weeks, months, or years (cant even remember, it lasted years) you start feeling like a crackhead, paranoid that everyone hates you or wants to hurt you, cant stop picking at your skin, even after it bleeds, you feel no pain until the drugs wear off so you tear your skin like a fucking druggie

being delusional about everyone thinking you're a piece of shit, mindsplitting headaches, heart palpitations, a constant cold sweat, cold fingers and toes, a cold, tiny shrivelled useless dick, because all your veins are constricted and arent letting blood flow anywhere properly
>>
>>138664998
but I was just as bad when I was a kid and I never used any technology
>>
>>138665212
What did you eat? Did you get enough physical exercise?
>>
File: 1381367593002.jpg (30KB, 910x144px) Image search: [Google]
1381367593002.jpg
30KB, 910x144px
>>138652437
also part of pol is im reading a couple people's input/conversations
at the same time im listening to a twitch streamer read chat and talk about w/e+game.
AND I can swap topics at the drop of a hat
paper cant even compete
>>
File: ALABAMA RIPPIN.jpg (399KB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ALABAMA RIPPIN.jpg
399KB, 1916x1080px
>have really bad ADHD
>I can't work on a project because literally 2 minutes in and I'm already being drove crazy
>Can't sit still
>can't write notes down because than I'll forget what to write down
>forget what teacher was saying
>can not tie shoes to this day
>I could hardly do anything normal so I almost do everything self taught.
>can't read books because sitting still for more than 10 minutes and mind will force me up.

I would put more but even typing this shit is giving me a headache. ADHD is pretty real desu and it sucks ass.

Oh also idk if it's just me but the whole HD part of ADHD make it so if I'm not driving fast or walking fast to places my mind melts from the feeling of sitting still. Got 2 speeding tickets in the last week. Help
>>
>>138653542
"Makes your life empty and pointless..."

No, fellow /pol/tard, that's the human condition that makes things empty and pointless.
>>
>>138665164
oh and

>tell the doctor the drugs give you anxiety
>"lol anxiety is comorbid with ADHD, we can talk about giving you another drug for that"
>please god no
>mfw i probably should have just taken it, but then again then who knows how long it would have taken to get off it all then, maybe i would still be doped up, if not dead or in jail from insanity
>>
>>138665340
Try getting more physical exercise. Run or do jumping jacks, anything. You need to get to a point where you're out of breath and don't feel like you need to move. And if you do need to move, do it, and keep moving until you're too tired to move anymore.
>>
>>138665543
The fuck does that fix? It only makes me feel more tiresome.
>>
>>138643225
this is a slide thread

do not fucking reply
>>
>>138653542
I have my brainscan,where should I upload it to diagnose with the condition?
>>
File: CIA.jpg (39KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
39KB, 615x409px
>>138665543
See I tend to do that, but if it's really bad, I'll get up and grab some Cheese-its and like half way through the box I realize that I got up and started stuffing my mouth because it eases my mind.

Also a good way to tell if people making post here are ADHD or not. People with ADHD (if on the quick) are REALLY bad at orginizing information. If someone had a really nicely written out post than they probably don't have it or it's such to a little effect it doesn't effect their daily lives.
>>
>>138643225
I might have ADD, but now I realize I'm just an adrenaline junkie.
>>
File: WERE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING!.jpg (3MB, 4000x2029px) Image search: [Google]
WERE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING!.jpg
3MB, 4000x2029px
bump
>>
>>138662273
This some anon told he has problem with making friends,the hyper energy which initiates the relationship but when you realize "what the fuck am i doing here" thats when you go offtrack,Donald Trump to autismo neet.

Now thr anon has problem with remembering landmarks and directions,I am pro at learning directions all i need is a one time visit.

You are right,it all boils down to lifestyle.
>>
>>138647090
Oldfag here. ADD from age 8. Still think it's a Pharma's best invention. Lie to parents, teachers and professionals. Teachers in my schooling had EVERYONE tested, just to get out of having to try. Basically watched as school-age zombies first appeared. Biggest drug racket you can imagine.
>>
File: 1494403302897m.jpg (149KB, 735x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494403302897m.jpg
149KB, 735x1024px
>>138650902
Never realized this was due to adhd but youre right.
You have a lot more in depth relationships with those who you manage to really click with though, i almost pity those who never experience what its like to really know someone in the way you get to with adhd.
Its a whole nother level of connected, but like you said most are boring and its hard to simulate some fake shit.
>>
>>138643225
It's a disorder but the medication doesn't work, and disorders can just be a personality.
>>
File: Couple made to be.jpg (95KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
Couple made to be.jpg
95KB, 500x323px
>>138668308
All the ones I click with minipulate and leave me to rot.

No wonder I'm a drunk
>>
>>138665340
Its because youre getting hardcore time dialation
Adhd fucks your perception of time all up
1 minute is an eternity
1 month is a second
>>
>>138645315
Holy shit. this explains my webbed feet and aspergers.
>>
>>138643225
probs a bit of both, the extreme cases almost certainly have it, on the other hand there is a big grey area

the USA has something like 20 times the diagnosis rate compared to France - it isn't like French doctors are massively inferior or vice versa but there has been some decision made somewhere that in the US the criteria is a bit looser and in France the criteria is a bit tighter - so most American kids diagnosed with the condition would just be naughty kids in France.
>>
>>138665319
Regular western food, and I only got exercise on Friday
>>
File: 1486419429654.png (451KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1486419429654.png
451KB, 499x499px
>>138668597
thats because most people are unable to think for themselves anymore due to frontal lobe damage having the effects of a lobotomy on them
i cant help you much in this aspect because people are just kind of shitty its most likely as much their fault as it is yours
try asking them why they leave and see if they give an answer that is reasonable
if they cant give a reason then its because most people flake out when they feel any emotions and run away from them.
>>
>>138645736
I have it and been taken meds for it since 8th grade. I was always active and easily distracted as a child but since I was near the top of my class for so long, I was able to get by. It was around that time (8th grade) did things get difficult with the advanced classes I was taking. I took adderall at first but lost weight. Later switched to methylphenidate for the longest time until I decided to switch doctors a semester into grad school. Got put on to vyvanse, which I think helped but ended causing chest pains and numbness in my left arm (obvious cardiovascular side effect), so I was put on adderall for 30mg. That shit made me not sleep for the longest time and play the fuck out of the first few months of WoW: Legion. Felt like I was chronically tired all the time and again ended up losing 20lbs dropping to 150. Really light for 5'11". So I ended up going back to methylphenidate and now take one extra 18mg to bring my dose to the legal limit. Which helps because now I can take an extra pill later in the day to keep the drug elevated in my system since my job requires me to move and because I've always had a fast metabolism.

Sorry for the rambling but a few times I have read that poor sleep quality (all aspects) can exacerbate the symptoms of ADHD. I've always had to get more sleep than others just to feel awake. A recent dentist visit showed that my bruxism has gotten really bad and that I must be grinding my teeth in my sleep from stress. Need a mouth guard and a CPAP machine probably to help me get more oxygen since my dad is ADHD and needs it too for sleep apnea. Also decided to finally cut out the sugarjew from my diet too to help save my teeth.

What I'm getting at is that the condition is something that you live with everyday even when you sleep.
>>
>>138668308
normies feel that way about everyone, theyre in heaven compared to us low dopamine cucks
>>
>>138650902
that's not necessarily from adhd
>>
Best way to describe it is being high all the time without the high
>>
>>138669774
Here im going to drop one of the biggest "red-pills" everyone on /pol/ needs to realize.
>you only think other people are normal because you see them as such
If someone isnt losing their mind 24/7 then theyre probably fucking not cognitively functioning, think of them as an npc.
Most people are losing their shit in their own minds as badly as you are every second of the day its just they arent saying it outloud because they dont want to come off as a whackjob, same reason you probably are sitting their quietly like an autist minding your own business.
Point out subtle things etc people are fucking terrible at reading body language etc for the most part but dont realize everyone else is just as bad because theyre in an awkward pit unable to notice others.
People are fucking awkward, everyone is, if someone seems like they arent they dont realize it theyre just winging it.
>>
>>138645315
think of adhd as not being bad at paying attention but being good at attentional switching like when a deer is just eating grass THEN IT HEARS A SOUND AND IS ON HIGH ALERT then goes back to eating grass
>>
>>138670217
lol no they dont, they dont feel at all, why do you think every legendary artist usually has adhd
>>
>>138643225
Been inattentive my whole childhood, constantly daydreaming, been diagnosed with ADHD at 29 and I'm way better on medication
>>
File: WarmMemories.png (1MB, 766x799px) Image search: [Google]
WarmMemories.png
1MB, 766x799px
>>138671222
i was going to argue but then i saw those trips, well said anon, well said
>>
>>138671299
was your life a mess
>>
>>138671222
>222
Adhd is basically like having an entire extra spectrum of emotions like how some people can see another spectrum of colors
>>
anyone who says meds are good is a low willpower low self esteem dweeb
>>
File: arab-man-face-2832x4256_100981.jpg (88KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
arab-man-face-2832x4256_100981.jpg
88KB, 425x640px
>>138672040
says the fellow with high dopamine
>>
>>138672040
So they have ADHD?...
>>
>>138671733
I did ok in school, average. Mathematics were a problem early. Never found my vocation so after high school I dropped out from everything I started.
>>
>>138650090

I was on 40 MG per day for 6 years. I lost 20 pounds when I started taking it, but then I gained 50 pounds after it started to lose its affects earlier and earlier in the day, and I would eat like shit at the end of each day after not eating anything else earlier.
>>
>>138671096
See that's where I know that I suffer from. I always have self-doubts about how well things are going in my life. Because as luck would have it, I always happened to be around really successful people during high school and college. Never once heard a genuine peep of problems coming from them. Which leads my problem-solving mind to think, "Hey I don't see any problems from them and they seem happy. Everything must be good on their end. Now let's get back to thinking about our past mistakes while procrastinating future responsibilities."

Weird though about the reverse of this is that a few times I have had people come up to me and ask how do I deal with stress so well. I guess I don't show problems just like the people I idolized for so long.
>>
>>138672506
theyve been told they have something wrong with them and they believe it without thinking for themselves "adhd" would be useful in things like combat sports or being a chef where theres many things to pay attention to and a person with "adhd" would thrive
>>
>>138672040
Depends on how well the person can handle drugs honestly
One thing thats interesting though is weed has a drastically different effect on someone with adhd than someone without
Adhd and weed tend not to go well together
>>
>>138643225
Wish I'd been diagnosed before I was 30, but I can actually do shit now.
>>
>>138644095
I've never been able to get extra credit for having ADHD. Only thing I've ever gotten was time added for a standardized Ochem test that's an hour long.
>>
>>138647090

We recently had an article about Adhd and the abuse of ritalin.
Finny enough, we found out people in the age group of 30-40 and 40-50 actually use more medication dor adhd than age group 10-20 and 20-30.
This was quite an interesting find.
Israel is heavily plagued with Ritalin abuse, everybody does it and old people do it to focus more in work.
Ashkenazim jews use it alot more than mizrhim jews.
If it even plagues our society, you can be assured were not behind it.
I suspect its on the raise in recent years because of smartphones and access to the worlds information in our fingertips, we abuse it and our mind picks up alot of irrelevnt shit.
>>
>>138672977
Checked
Most people are too insecure to bring up whats troubling them because no one else has brought it up
This is especially true with the internet age of today
Its basically amplified bystander effect
>>
>>138673260
a person only turns to pharma when theyre convinced they cant handle themselves aka willpower
>>
>>138673480
its because doctors are very reluctant to diagnose adhd among 20 to 30 year olds because they think they just want to abuse drugs
>>
>>138665687
studies have shown that regular exercise improves symptoms of ADHD

it's also good for you and your overall mental/physical health, there's no reason to not exercise
>>
File: 1489343313325.jpg (394KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1489343313325.jpg
394KB, 736x552px
>>138673881
Sounds like you just dont have enough will power to use the pharma as a tool to your own benefit instead the pharma uses you.
>>
>>138643225
I was diagnosed at 7 years age and later as an adult. I dont take medication, but i have tryed it. It made me calm and my head felt clearer than it ever was, i even did my homework and cleaned my room. They who say it's fake are the ones who doesnt have it.
>>
>>138674772
the only tool you need is your own brain
>>
>>138674042
True this helps too. When I was exercising every day in college, my sense of time was infinitely better than it is today. Only myself to blame for not fixing a known problem.
>>
>>138675247
>implying drugs arent like drillbits and the brain is the powerdrill
its okay anon you dont need them to achieve your full potential but in some they trigger otherwise inaccessible genius to turn on like flipping a lightswitch
dont be some new age fag who smokes too much weed and misses the point because you dont want to admit youre wrong on the internet
dont limit yourself
>>
>>138652437
Ever thought some of us might be trying to navigate our US Navy destroyer right now? Try reading, posting on /pol/, AND avoiding collisions with Filipino cargo vessels at the same time. Yeesh.
>>
Adhd is literally not real it's just kids being fucking kids anybody who gives kids those fucking meth based behavioral meds can go to hell
>>
>Dr. Leon Eisenberg, the ‘father’ of ADHD, said just before his death that ADHD ‘is a prime example of a fictitious disease.’
>>
>>138645736
(1/2)
Hello fags
Here's the ins and outs of my story.
In school elementary school (mid 90's, pogs were the hip thing at the time), I performed pretty poorly on school work, and just kinda did my own thing. We lived in the boonies in southern Arizona, in a city with a population of maybe 1000. I had a dirt bike so that kept me entertained. I also liked reading technical stuff, particularly about guns, space, and airplanes. I LOVED Jane's books. The internet wasn't really a thing, so I spent a lot of time at the library looking at stuff like that. I would (and still do) get obsessed over dissecting a single topic. If I decided I wanted to learn everything about the B52 bomber, then that was all I was gunna do until I decided it was time to go ride dirt bikes. Other than that, school work and other people could go suck a dick for all I cared.

We moved to a bigger city in Northern Arizona in 4th grade. When I got there, they made me do something called "Terra Nova" testing. I don't remember much about it, but they said I was in the 98th percentile and they put me into a program called "Gate"
I liked that because we just got to go to a room and work on some type of hands on project that we decided we wanted to do. Life was good, and I still had plenty of desert to go ride around in.
In 6th grade (1999) we moved to Las Vegas. My mom said I had to go do more testing, so I did over the course of 3 days. They said that I was in the 99th percentile and they put me into some program called TAG. Again, life was good in TAG class, but every other class I was practically failing. My saving grace was that I was an exceptional test taker. I rarely ever got anything less that a 95 on any test I ever took, but I would never do homework of class participation.
I stumbled along through middle school under the radar, and then got ready to go onto high school. I decided to apply for something called a Magnet School for aeronautical engineering.
>>
2/2
Part of this was more testing. I went in for the testing, and was accepted. The counselors enrolled me for a full load of AP/Honors classes. I showed up for the first day and loved the aerospace classes. Everything else could go suck a dick. Again, I kept grades high enough to pass the classes and earn the credits with testing alone. My GPA was shit, and they kept bringing me in and putting me on "probation". I do just enough to keep moving along.
Then, one day, they say we can go take the ASVAB at school. I see it as a way to escape boring ass classes. I take it, and move on.
Days later, I get called to the office, and there are Navy recruiters that wanna talk to me. Then a few days later, Army recruiters. Then Air Force and Marines. They say I scored highest out of the group of ~500, with my composites all over 145 and a perfect GT of 150.
I decide school sucks, and join the Army as a 19k because I know the M1A1 Abrams is the greatest tank on earth.
The Army was great for me. I took to being enlisted combat arms very well. I wanted to do it, and the Army has you focus on one single objective at a time.
Fast forward to 8 years later. I get out of the Army, and become a "grown up" with a "real job". I'm good at interviews and work the Combat Veteran angle and get my foot in the door on an $80k construction management job. Last part is a personality and knowledge test. I knock those outta the park and get the job. I enjoy it very well, similar culture to the Army.
I start to struggle like a mofo. Big Boss man comes in and says I'm his best and worst guy, and I need to fix it. I go to a shrink. More testing and questions.
They tell me that I have severe Adult ADD. They put me on something called Vyvanse at 40mg a day.
3 weeks later, life and work was fucking amazing. Boss man follows up on evaluation and says I did a 180. That was just over 1 year ago. I had my next evaluation ~ 6 weeks ago. Got promoted and taken to $102k/year.
Take it for what it's worth.
>>
>>138683287
3/2
Note: currently on the road and phone posting, so sorry for grammar and typos to make the character limit fit
>>
File: IMG_3339.jpg (61KB, 798x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3339.jpg
61KB, 798x536px
>>138683569
Phone post all that, and no one even tells me to kys?
Faggots
>>
>>138674042
I would agree with this. It helps.
>>
>>138686043
You just took your Ritalin didn't you.
>>
>>138643225
Personality but adderall can be very useful if you have ADHD symptoms.
>me, discovered a talent for art at a very young age.
>class clown, always questioned authority, felt like 90% of school was just busy work, C student with straight As in classes I felt were challenging.
>knew there was no money in art.
>almost failed out of Uni.
>started taking adderall
>graduated with an engineering degree.
>10 years into career, 6 figure salary.
>just recently picked up art as a hobby
Sometimes conforming to social norms is very beneficial. Just be careful with adderall, it's highly addictive and easily abused.
>>
>>138643225
I was diagnosed by my doctor as a kid and was put on medication.
The Meds made me feel like I was a zombie they completely fucked me up so I had to stop taking them.
I've been afraid of taking anything like that again.
>>
>>138646604

This. I had a poor relationship with my father, and an overbearing, overly emotional mother who nonetheless meant only the best for me.
Result: by the time I was school age I was extremely low self esteem, paranoid, emotional, but also highly intelligent (thanks to Mum giving me perfect diet etc)
I was smart but like most males, did not give a shit about listening to some 40 year old dried up cunt who never had children, screeching at me from in front of a black board. I also recognized that most of my class mates were of lower social caste than me - being sent to school with food all over their face, running noses, unwashed clothes etc. I always felt like I was in a distressing, hostile environment. As I said, I was very insecure because I subconsciously knew I did not have a bond with my father. A fatherly bond with a competent man is absolutely necassary for healthy male psyche.

Result of all this - unfocused in class, always in trouble because i would be more interested in say colouring every inch of my desk with black pen rather than doing the assigned work. Mother gets urged by all my teachers to put me on Ritalin. After a long time my mother agreed to it, and sent me to school with the pills in my lunchbox. Even at that age I had the good sense not to take something that made me feel jacked and wired. I smile now as I remember my 7 year old self sneaking to the bin every lunch break and dropping my pills in.
>>
>>138688170
Did u even read???
Vyvanse
>>
>>138645894
I agree. I was diagnosed with ADHD and recently started on probiotics simply for digestive health. I've noticed a remarkable increase in my attention span and I take less than my prescribed dose (that may be due to healthy digestion).
>>
>>138690005
>sneaking to the bin every lunch break and dropping my pills in.
>not selling it for $$
>>
>>138645736
It's a sleep disorder. Get an MTHFR test to see what comes up, try keto
>>
>>138690324

7 year olds dont think about that
>>
>>138690263
That's crazy. I wasn't a c-section, but still.....
Any particular pro-biotic? It Yakut the right stuff?
>>
>>138690324
On that note, can confirm ZERO Judaic blood.
>>
>>138690442
>being a retarded 7 year old
>>
>>138690413
What? Explain please. Lack of sleep definitely makes ADHD worse.
>>
>>138645315
>huffington post
You can't be serious
>>
>>138690533
That same shit Jamie Lee Curtis shills for. Kombucha is also good. I also go to smoothie king a lot and get the probiotic adder. Pills are hit or miss. You can waste money if the bacteria is dead before you take it.
>>
>>138691300
Thanks anon
>>
>>138690533
Just FYI, take your first dose on a day you know you'll be close to the toilet. Once your body gets acclimated you're cool.
>>
>>138671749
pls elabor8 m8
>>
File: IMG_3342.jpg (68KB, 537x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3342.jpg
68KB, 537x402px
>>138692461
We wuz mantis scrimps
>>
>>138673260
anyone wanna explain the weed thing?
>>
>>138692945
Curious. Never been high, but now I wanna try and see if I get a case of the reefer madness.
If you see a news report of Florida man going on a probiotic and marijuana killing spree, that's me! Ill try to remember to sharpie Hi Pol on my forehead so you don't miss it.
>>
>>138643225
It's the result of unhealthy diets by the parents when the kids was conceived.
>>
Lol its all from diet, Americans don't know how to eat. You need more Omega Acids, Amino Acids, and stop eating sugar. You should only be eating a max of 30 grams of sugar a day (which is 18oz of soda). That sugar should also have fiber in it (fruits) or fiber from other sources to help digest the sugar, otherwise it goes to the insulin receptors of your fat cells.

I could go into the details of how sugar prevents insulin from accessing energy from cells, and how you need omega acids to produce serotonin (depression is literally lack of serotonin) but if you actually want to learn this stuff you can do research.
>>
>>138692945

Friend and I used to smoke together, he was ADHD, I'm mildly autist, and quality weed made us both feel much better.

When your brain never slows down, weed does magical things for the mind.
>>
>>138692885
ok but what in the fuck brought you to that conclusion
>>
>>138693700
My nutrician and physical fitness is chad-like. The only thing I struggle with is good sleep hygiene. I think that's part of it.
>>
>>138673023
Not everyone can get those jobs
>>
>>138694268
Do you get Omega 3 and 6 acids?
How much sugar do you eat a day? (added sugar is in 80% of everything at the grocery store)
Have you ever tried to be Gluten free?
>>
>>138694012
tfw comorbid autist and add
weed brings on my intense social anxiety nowadays but at the start it was just the "feel much better" part
>>
File: IMG_3343.jpg (99KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3343.jpg
99KB, 640x519px
>>138694034
>in ADHD thread
>perplexed by apparent lack of continuity
Pic related m8
>>
>>138643225
i read about it in a textbook today, they just give that name to people who suffer from hyperactvity with no known cause, so it kinda is a bullshit disorder
>>
>>138694527
>perplexed by apparent lack of continuity
uhh no I'm perplexed by the abstract vagueness and lack of explanation
>>
>>138643225
I think adhd has caused my depression and anxiety but im too scared to go to a doctor over it
>>
>>138694404
Yes on the omegas, both in good food sources and omega 3-6-9 fish oil
Practically zero refined sugar/HFC

I think the "gluten allergy" was the last trendy thing that is now being phased out by the "Trans" craze.

That being said, main carb sources are sweet potatoes and brown rice
>>
>>138654776

I had tons of friends as a kid, I was the polarizing class clown so people either loved me or hated me. Nowadays after being whacked on vyvanse for years I am a bit depressed and less social so a lot of my friendships have dwindled
>>
>>138694762
>reply to post about people seeing on different spectrums
>see post of creature that sees on different spectrums
>confused
Have you considered talking to your doctor about Vyvanse? It does me worlds of good.
>>
>>138695278
Adhd takes years to diagnose in adults in countries that arent usa its basically not even worth bringing it up with a doctor
>>
>>138694953
Not eating gluten has been shown to fix cardiovascular health issues when nothing else works. There isn't any scientific evidence to prove it, but it just works for some people.

I have trouble concentrating when i eat wheat, when i don't eat wheat I feel much better mentally. I've tried to research why that is, the only thing I can find is that wheat is an inflammatory which Omegas will counteract, and the fact that Monsanto Glyphosate is sprayed on all wheat.

Also try the Slow Carb diet, and fasting, I have much more mental clarity when I fast and am running off fat.
>>
>>138695052
I'm on other end. Didn't care about making friends. Diagnosed at 31. Prescribed Vyvanse. More outgoing now than ever.
>>
>>138695440
Guess I forgot the /s......
>>
>>138643225
>Do some believe its an actual disorder that needs medication
No.
>Its just the personality type that doesn't conform with the structure of society such as school, work etc
No. It's just kids being retarded and noisy while parents tell them "it's okay, you have a disease that makes you do it, keep doing it" instead of "shut the fuck up".
>>
>>138643225
If you have adhd and its untreated im convinced you should be either a smoker, 5+ cups of coffee a day or an borderline alcoholic and going without said substance should cause a mental breakdown i think
>>
>>138695278
already have crippling anixety as my main issue
not sure meth would help

>>138695440
only took 1 test for me, in the UK
>>
>>138695440
In the us it takes like 2 therapy sessions to get your pick of any drugs. Its fucking disgusting how they prescribe shit like candy
>>
>>138696116
Australian doctors are very backwards and they literally prescribe liquor for many mental health problems
>>
>>138696327
Just be glad they recognise adhd as a problem and are willing to treat it
>>
>>138696327
I do think the laxness and over prescription is a big deal. I think the misdiagnosis is a big part of why people think it's made up bs.
When I went to the doctor originally , he sent me to a shrink. I thought for sure it would be more of the "PTSD" stuff from the Army. After meeting with them 3 times, the "Adult ADD" at 31 blindsided me. They started treatment and I saw an immediate turn around. I am a thousand times better off 1 year later. My loved ones say so, my friends say so, my boss says so, etc. I do think there are atleast some legit cases, me being one.
I would like to imagine that if I went there thinking "I wanna score some pills", they would have seen through it.... well, at least with the doctors I went to....
>>
>>138697432
How did they work out you had it?
>>
ADHD is like depression. It definitely exists, but it's overdiagnosed so much that it has become a joke, downplaying people that actually has ADHD in the truest sense of the term.
>>
>>138697597
The australian goberment is extremely paranoid about treating adhd in adults when will they fall into line and start acknowledging the fact adhd does exist in adults
>>
File: 5422.jpg (113KB, 352x327px) Image search: [Google]
5422.jpg
113KB, 352x327px
>>138643225
>tfw I'm pretty sure I have ADHD
>Decide I need to see a psychiatrist
>Three months after realizing this and I still hadn't even finished looking through my insurance and finding a doctor
>Half the time I'm repeatedly doubting that I even have it before remembering shit I do that I'm positive isn't normal behavior and can't be explained away as mere laziness or lack of discipline
>Out of the blue, two friends tell me they think I have ADHD
>Think that this is the kick in the pants I need to finally make an appointment
>Look through and find a doctor
>Week or two later and I still haven't called
>>
File: 1451521464721.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451521464721.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>138643225

>Be me
>Lazy as fuck
>I want to do things but I always procrastinate a shit lot
>Take Modafinil
>Be more productive in a month on the drug, than in a whole year without it
I probably have some sort of undiagnosed illness or bad diet/sleep that is not allowing me to work on my full potential, and the drug allows me to be at my best.
>>
>>138697567
That was the kinda wired part. They just started asking me about my past, what I have done in my life, family history, hobbies, why I was there, what problems I was having, etc.
it wasn't like he just asked "Are you easily distracted and wish to try speed?"
>>
>>138692945
Well, I can't tell how others feel on weed, but I used to smoke when I was 16-20 and didn't seem too different than my friends when high, happy, relaxed, laughing and what not. Although now I'm 24 and I don't smoke because it gives me bad paranoia and anxiety, not sure if that's related to ADHD though
>>
I went undiagnosed for 24 years of my life. Before I was diagnosed my life was in a sharp decline. Flunked school, bad relationships, the works. Thing is I didn't exhibit any of the normal "signs" of ADHD, at least none that would be noticable by anyone else.

ADHD is real but widely misdiagnosed and there's a stereotype and stigma building that someone like me is being overlooked.
>>
>>138699427
>anxiety
fuck
>>138694406
>>
>>138698418
That sounds more like laziness and procrastination.

For me it was the opposite. I wanted to do ALL THE THINGS RIGHT NOW and then I would pile up like a slow train wreck.
I would remember that I was supposed to go bring donuts in for everyone, so I would run off to do that. I would jamb my finger grabbing for the door knob on my way out! It would hurt, so I would go the get an ice pack at the first aid kit, but then the first aid kit wouldn't have any ice left, but there is an inventory sheet so I start filling that out, but then I realize that there are companies that will automatically come and stock first aid kits for you, so I head over to my laptop to see if there are any near by, by then I smell some coffee being brewed, so I need to go get some for my computer work and see the first aid kit still left open by someone (me), and remember my finger hurts, so I run to the freezer to improvise an ice pack, but then someone down the hall hollers, asking if I want coffe, and I say yes and head to go grab it and see the open first side kit again and then turn around and see someone left the freezer open so I go close it and remember my finger is swelling so I run out the door and go get some aspirin at the corner store and come back to find a cold cup of coffee set out for me which reminds me of donuts, so I turn around a go back to the cornerstone to get donuts and comeback just intime for everyone to leave for lunch
True story
>>
>>138643225
Bullshit excuse to make shitty parents that are bad, selfish parents who done fucked up and had a unplanned child (usually at a young age) feel like it's not there fault that they are unable to work with there childs energy and play with them and take them to socialize with other children outside.

In a nutshell, they are I'll prepared
for parenting and cannot handle nor put up with a toddler and need some enabling to them still acting like selfish toddlers themselves.
>>
>>138700643
**Ill**
>>
>>138700643
Fuck auto correct.. ** too make them feel okay about acting like toddlers themselves. Oy Veyy..
>>
>>138669774
>http://www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm

this seems familiar. When on medication i had sleep problems.

sleep problems were worse than ADHD.

it calmed down in my 30s. Lots of weed and coffee now. ...not a solution.
>>
>>138650902

this rings loud and true. ..boring. ..why. just fucking why. They don't increase the practical quality of my life.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.