[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Christians really need the Old Testament?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: torah1.jpg (705KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
torah1.jpg
705KB, 1440x1080px
>Adam and Eve never existed, we evolved
>Tower of Babel = myth
>Noah's ark and the worldwide flood = myths
>Exodus = bullshit
>Messianic prophecies likely have nothing to do with Jesus
>Bunch of outdated and retarded laws

Fuck the OT. Christianity is better off without heeb shit. We need a new reformation to make the church completely Jew-free.
>>
Well no shit it's mythical bullshit. The Bible was written by man and man is flawed.
>>
>>138619729
But Rabbi Yeshua based his teachings on the scriptures and constantly quoted from them. Even his dying words are considered to be a quote from scripture. How do you reconcile that with throwing out the scriptures?
>Christianity is better off without heeb shit.
It's better not at all? I agree, the world would be better without that jew shit.
>>
>>138619729
Actually the flood is geologically well documented.
>>
>>138619729
Yeah Goyim
You don't need all that.
>>
>>138620290
Oy Vey!
>>
>>138619729
No old testament = no promise of Jesus.
The old testament = Jesus
Jesus = Word made flesh.
Clear enough?
>>
>>138620215
It is? Please share
>>
File: 1501695386176.jpg (60KB, 475x395px) Image search: [Google]
1501695386176.jpg
60KB, 475x395px
>>138619729
Its stays
Why?
Because we can use it and see what god wants from us
Sure we don't need to follow the rules that was intended for the Hebrews long ago
Some of the best stories in the bible come from the OT
A true Christian wouldn't simply disregard the older teachings of our lord
>>
>>138619729
>we evolved
WE WUZ MONKEYS N SHIIEET
>>
>>138619729
There are also geneaoligies for Rabbi Yeshua in the Gospels, one going all the way to Adam and the other only to Abraham(though they diverge after King David and both track from his "father" so neither would be biologically correct if he is the son of God).
>>
>>138619729
the Jews sure do
>>
>>138620290
>Yeah Goyim
>You don't need all that.
It's funny because it's true.
>>
>>138619729
The OT has a lot of of pre-abrahimic mythology mixed in with it that makes it worthwhile ie flood, adam and eve.
>>
>>138619729
Yes, to remind us how stupid the Pharisees were. They threw it all away for greed and lust.
>>
>>138619729
Why no mention of the Talmud?
>>
>>138619729
ALL OF GOD'S WORD IS DIVINELY INSPIRED
Why do you doubt the Genesis creation story? Do you doubt God's might?
>>
Doesn't matter what's in the Bible. The whole evangelical movement was founded by Zionist to pervert the Christianity practiced by Western Civilization to pervert it.

What matters is how Christianity was PRACTICED. The universities they built, the principles of government they created, and the ideas of logic and reason the rediscovered
>>
File: SamsonDestroyTemple.jpg (54KB, 245x360px) Image search: [Google]
SamsonDestroyTemple.jpg
54KB, 245x360px
>>138619729
>I am a total fucking retard and take everything at face value
This is why Catholics are almost right that dumb peasants should never read it.
>>
>>138619729
Need to get rid of Revelations as well.
>>
>>138619729
Do we need the bible?
>>
>>138619729
Of course the OT is needed.

The OT shows what the law/judgment is without Christ and without mercy. Ultimately it results in Jews. The OT is needed to show just how amazing Grace is.
>>
>>138623047
Partly true, but the Catholic church almost certainly had ulterior motive in this policy. Their indulgences were as bad as those poisonous televangelists of today.
>>
>>138623099
I've heard Revelations was originally written for a heretical sect. How it ended in the official Bible canon is beyond me.
>>
>>138623640
In the end most of that money would have been wasted so it might as well be thrown at the church who sometimes builds Churches or universities and pays for art.
>>
Read NT first, then OT.
>>
>>138619729
yes, otherwise they wouldn't understand why God abandoned the Jews and began favoring Christians instead.
The Old Testament repeatedly shows the Jews being evil in various ways. If all you had was the New Testament, it wouldn't make sense why Jesus called the Jews "Synagogue of Satan".
>>
>>138619729
there are plenty of cultures around the world who attest the creation of the first man from earth/clay and divine breath of life from involvement from a creator deity. namely in norse, mesopotamian, hellenic, polynesian, and native american stories. and have flood stories similar to the one in the OT.
>>
File: IMG_2438.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2438.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>138619729
there actually exists jew-free christianity
not jus o.t. free but bible free
ourladyisgod.com
>>
>>138625278
>that money would've been wasted
>better it be wasted in other ways
What?
>>138627924
>The Old Testament repeatedly shows the Jews being evil in various ways.
Yes, and God always, ALWAYS, says "you are my people, I will never abandon you, I'll always take you back no matter what you do or how many times I kill swathes of you". He even had a prophet marry an actual whore to illustrate his relationship with his people, how they're like a whore who fucks around and he's the husband who beats her but always takes her back.
>>
Why did God chose the Jews?
>>
>>138619729
Marcionism is only good christianity. Fuck kikes and their WE WUZ stories. Fuckers weren't even in Egypt.
>>
>>138619729
Hell is for ever!
>>
>>138619729
>>Adam and Eve never existed, we evolved
We did not evolve, otherwise the whole bible is wrong because according to it we were created perfectly and todays circumstances are only because of the sin in paradise. No Adam and Eve = no sin.
Not to mention that evolution theory, when it means that new genes are created and new species because of it, is already completely disproven through science.

>>Tower of Babel = myth
Explain Pyramids/Ziggurats all over the world then.

>>Noah's ark and the worldwide flood = myths
Fact. Every group and tribe has a flood myth, even those that live far away from lakes or the sea. Each myth is very similar to each other. Also our genetic history shows that we went through at least one global extinction event where less than 10000 humans remained worldwide (according to science)

>>Exodus = bullshit
Confirmed even by egypt history. Granted its super warped under propaganda and rewriting, but its there: The "bearded people" moving out, great calamities striking the land, the impotent Gods being rejected in favor for one God. (Yes they went back to the old system after a while, but it left traces).

>>Messianic prophecies likely have nothing to do with Jesus
He accomplished over 100

>>Bunch of outdated and retarded laws
You wrote "perfect and super-progressive" wrong here. Compare the mosaic law with the laws the other nations at that time (1500 bce) had. Its basically "Social Justice - The Law" (in a good sense). Also hygiene laws could not have come from a human without access to microscopes.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.