[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cucked and Uncucked University Courses

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 33

File: degrees.jpg (240KB, 791x722px)
degrees.jpg
240KB, 791x722px
Why are Universities across the West becoming so cucked?

And which degrees are the most and least cucked?

Personally I was really surprised to hear that Classics had been infected, and is now predominantly female. Why is this?
>>
>>138617262
What's wrong with women's studies? I'm male and majoring in it...
>>
>>138617262
>This "info"graphic brought to you by /g/, the board for autistic traps who act like non-windows operating systems are gods gift to earth

Thats a shit image, you make way way more fucking money being a lawyer than you do being a hunchback code monkey
>>
>>138617381
You are not even trying anymore leaf.

I expect better shitposting
>>
>>138617381
>leaf
expected
>>
>>138617262
You have bio med eng really high, you ever met any of these fuck ups?
>>
i'd put cyber security up 1 tier and computer science down 1.
>>
>>138617582
>>138617586
I bet you're the kind of bigots that think it's somehow ''unmanly'' of me to enjoy my gfs strap on and look down on being in an open relationship with me her and her african canadian boyfriend. He's the alpha in the relationship not that it matter I love her.
>>
Meme list.

English professors are very likely 20x smarter than your average indian who got his math degree.

Unless you are UNDENIABLY one of the best in a STEM field, you'll slave as a corporate machine. I had a fellow professor tell me he knows as much math as the average graduate student despite teaching theology. He said he was able to learn it with ease because he was comfortable in his position
>>
File: 1438332494876.gif (68KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
1438332494876.gif
68KB, 500x293px
Transportation, wildlife, ecology, aviation, military, teachers, zoology, business, geography, ecology, and psychology are all worthless?

picrelated.jpg
>>
>>138618598
only thing those subjects are good for is winning a bunch of money on jeopardy
>>
>>138617262
Economics is definitely the least cucked. Most of my professors are libertarians and believe in limited government.
>>
>>138617262
>Be comp engy
>Be good at my work
>Stare at and sometimes edit hexcode alone in a cube meant for 12 other workers because Im the only one autistic enough to do reverse engineering and assembly level work
Yeah its unbelievable alright. At least half my day is shitposting while Ida moves her fat ass along in a poorly configured VM
>>
>>138617262
criminal justice on the same tier as industrial engineering & law
>>
>>138617262
>chem not suicide tier
I respect chem majors so much, it's so hard, but it's so not rewarding.
>>
>>138618729

Without US military, your country would be a conquered shithole, leaf.
Without pilots, global transportation and logistics would take a massive hit. As well as all defense sectors.
Without teachers, there would be no one to train the next generation.
WIthout transportation degrees, all traffic research would go right out the window. Enjoy 20 hour gridlocks like China.
Without zoology, wildlife, and ecology, our understanding of the natural environment would go out the window. Remember humans are too part of the environment.
>>
>>138617262
>God Tier
>Geophysics
>Good Tier
>Geophysics

Nice list faggot.
>>
shit list op.

saged
>>
>>138617262
tradefag here

carpentry is breddy gud since wood doesn't speak
>>
I fell for the be yourself meme 4 years ago and majored in Environmental Studies. Rate my major and how fucked I am. Only perk is I acquired 2 years of experience while at college before I graduate.
>>
File: UW Seal.gif (287KB, 2285x2285px) Image search: [Google]
UW Seal.gif
287KB, 2285x2285px
This is now an alma mater thread

POST 'EM

UW CHECKING IN
>>
>>138619760
Degrees don't really matter outside of very niche roles.
>>
>>138619760
It's not too bad, just get a professional degree after. Law, MBA etc
>>
I majored in philosophy. It didn't help me get a job. The law degree after that did. But philosophy taught me how to think (not what to think). I think that's pretty useful.
>>
>>138619883
Pretty much what I'm planning on doing. It's not the worst possible major to have picked but I feel retarded anytime I have to tell people I chose it. Will probably find a higher ed that will pay for my masters since that is where most of my experience comes from.
>>
Mathematics is the only field worth studying.
>>
File: highest-paying-1.jpg (82KB, 972x880px) Image search: [Google]
highest-paying-1.jpg
82KB, 972x880px
>>138617427
This. Am a lawfag and every single time I see this infographic I think about my engineering friends who will never hope to make over 175k.

Law and medicine are top tier. Top earning by far. Even if you fail as a doctor or a lawyer, enjoy your middle/upper middle class life. If you are even top 80% in your profession you are easily upper middle class. Meanwhile, "criminal justice" "nursing" "law enforcement" "education" "life sciences" "biology" "astronomy" "anatomy" "civil eng" "geology" "math" "comp sci" "chemistry" "astrophysics" "applied math" "physics" "geophysics" "all those faggot engineering jobes in unbelievable" are all jobs where your best case scenario is you end up running the company you work for, at which point you are not anywhere close to the average engineer/whatever other career you're in. Pic related.

This graphic was made by fucking nerds who feel like engineering is so god tier. Yes, you are very useful for society. Yes, I am probably the opposite, since I just defend sued companies and charge $350/hr over bullshit lawsuits bought by the scum of the earth. Yet, somehow everybody keeps using the phrase "Doctor or Lawyer" to talk about the best careers or the kind of person they want their daughters to shack up with/drain their wealth. Nobody ever seems to say "engineer." When I think engineer, I think slightly above average intelligence, very stable job, decent income. Not "upper tier that run society."
>>
>want a job
>spend 4 years of time, money, opportunity costs to get a bachelor's degree
>ohhhh you just have a bachelor's degree??
>what you really need for a job is a master's degree...
>get a master's degree
>ohhhh you just have a master's degree? what you really need is a PhD...
>6 years later
>ohhhh, you have a PhD? You've never had a real job? Now you're overqualified and we'd have to train you anyway...
>so we hired 21 year old Becky with the AA instead, she won't leave in a year and she interned one summer
>>
Should I get a PhD in psychology or is it a waste of time/money?
>>
>>138620671
get an MD and be a psychiatrist, if that's how it works in potato land. In burgerland psychologists can do well but everybody wants meds and most states you need to be an MD to prescribe
>>
File: aaaaaa.jpg (21KB, 211x220px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
21KB, 211x220px
>tfw to retarded too do maths
>>
>>138617262
A Catholic University here in the Midwest devotes a large part of the curriculum to hall of cost studies. Makes you wonder.
>>
>>138620641
The best way to get a job these days is to know someone. Learn a trade so you can work for yourself.
>>
>>138620542
It's all mathfags being mathfags.

There's a reason why autistic people are good at math, and it's not because it's a deep theoretical/conceptual discipline. It's because it's step-wise and programmatic, not the kind of person you want making decisions
>>
>>138620055
I took as many Philosophy courses as electives as I could while getting my Accounting degree, They really are good classes for getting your mind in order and gaining useful tools for evaluating the world around you. Deductive and inductive reasoning classes were an amazing eye opener to how you can reduce and analyze the things you are told and figure them out on your own terms.
>>
gotta chime in on this, compsci is a much better job in every aspect (salary, contribution, happiness, ect) than electrical engineering. Makes me think this was posted by an engineering major
>>
>>138621036
also, putting computer programming in the same tier as computer programming. Shows a giant lack of understanding. Then again, I'm on 4chan...
>>
>>138620156
>>138619883
Environmental law can be worthwhile. The field is only going to grow.
>>
File: Assburger.jpg (28KB, 553x637px) Image search: [Google]
Assburger.jpg
28KB, 553x637px
>>138617262
>le sciences are god tier because I get anxious around people and I want to be an astronaut
>p.s. I have assburgers syndrome
>>
>>138620944
which one?
>>
>>138621001
Yeah okay faggot
>>
Genuinely curious, what's the point of a math degree? What kind of jobs can you get with that?
>>
>>138619440
>rëddit, the post
>>
>>138620542
Well said. I'm majoring in CS, and I'm not expecting to make millions. But I don't really want to either. All I want in life is a nice house, a nice car, a lovely wife, and some days off where I can take it easy with some whiskey and cigars. If I can get that, or most of it, I'll die a happy old fuck.
>>
>>138617262
Psychology is massively underrated here, at top unis its considered a good degree, only reason average earnings are low are NHS fags and because its a really common course at joke unis.

We got taught about the Bell Curve (in passing), psych lecturers are redpilled
>>
Oh yeah business is meh tier

/s kys
>>
>>138620156
>but I feel retarded anytime I have to tell people I chose it

You should only feel retarded if you are unable to tell people what you are going to do with it.
>>
>>138621390
Teaching math
Actuary
Researcher
>>
>>138621390
Mostly teacher desu.
However if you do something along your math degree you'll be more valuable than anyone else.
>>
>>138621475
Having said that, the student body is fucking gay, like 70% women
>>
>>138620272
>/sci/tad
>gommie

As expected.
>>
>>138617863
i like pee pee poo poo google
>>
>>138621382
>hurrrr I MEMBER THE FORMULA AND I PLUGGED IN THE NUMBAHS IN THE RIGHT PLACES IN THE RIGHT ORDER
>ME GENIUS
>DON'T TALK TO ME
>OMG SOMEONE TALKED TO ME
>I CAN'T FIND KETCHUP FOR MY CHICKEN TENDIES
>BREATHING INTENSIFIES
>SHIRT BECOMES HALF-TUCKED
>HAIR PARTS IN ODDEST PLACES
>FIND KETCHUP
>SQUEALS GLEEFULLY
>Return to normal
>Go back to plugging in numbers
>>
>>138621728
"Math is just following formula"
Okay cunt kek
>>
>>138621728
But the thing is, they're actually intelligent.
They're good at maths, programming, and anything that you need to use your brain.

But in public, they're fuck ups. They can't be leaders, they can't talk to girls, etc.
>>
>>138621816
It's following a -series- of formulas, yes, that is exactly what math is.
>>
>>138621504
That's pretty shit considering the requirements of even getting a masters
>>
>>138620542
I know a lot of lawyers who wish they made 50k a year
>>
>>138621910
I don't think you've done Math since your highschool. If you did and still think that way, it means you're an engineer.
>>
>>138617262
>Suicide tier
>Foreign languages
Should be unbelievable tier, I studied Arabic at university and the army couldn't try hard enough to get me to join the Intelligence Corps.
>>
>>138617262
How is economy
>literal jewing
Great and philosophy
>critical thinking
Shite?
>>
>>138617262
Is that joining the military or is there some milItaly meme degree?
Joining up wasn't too bad if you use your resources desu.
>>
>>138621988
You should only get a masters in something that you're passionate about, and want to learn regardless of the job market.
>>
Trade school is always a good choice.
Learn to be useful first, after that go for deeper knowledge.

I work in machining. Got plans to go deeper.
In my department we get ready made programs for our parts. It's painfully obvious some of the programmers have never actually manufactured anything. And some engineer above them could have managed tolerance stacks a bit better. It's easy to see everyone's got a shitty arse from the bottom.

This doesn't apply to all fields obviously.
Philosophy is purely abstract, and in many ways completely useless. So having trade skills in anything is still a good idea for the very probable failure.
>>
>>138622006
Same the average starting salary of a lawyer with no experience in my state is 35k.
>>
>>138621988
Even with just a master degrees in math you won't get anything good. You've gotta go for a PhD or you'll just be a middle school teacher.
>>
Should I get my GED this year or sometime soon? Keep in mind I'm 30-something and don't have $20k in cash for tuition at my local CC.
>>
>>138621728
t. Failed math 103 for the 4th time
>>
>>138617262
>history shit tier
And that's why leftists are winning, because we are letting them teach and change the past
>>
>>138622111
Because economics is actually useful, has higher employment rates, and has a better average postgraduate salary than philosophy. Literally says at the bottom of the image how these are rated.
>>
>>138617262
Don't forget ROAD for the medical field
>Radiologist
>Optometrist
>Anesthesiologist
>Dermatologist
All pay bank ass amounts of money
>>
Computer Science at Ole Miss

>tfw we had two guys hang a noose on a statue dedicated to a black guy

Ole Miss might not have been the most academically challenging of schools, but it was a damn good time. Didn't have to put up w/ any social justice bullshit, and made some great friends.
>>
>>138619385
If you don't have a speciality that applies to an industry chemistry has shit job prospects.
>>
>>138622399
>Ophthalmology***
>>
>>138622395
>caring about jobs or money
>>
File: 1500776638836.jpg (77KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500776638836.jpg
77KB, 576x768px
>>138617381
Hey! Fellow Leaf here :)
Want to adopt a baby with me?
>>
>>138622399
All fields of medicine pay lots of money. My dad is a GP and makes 370k a year. Also his friend is an OBGYN and makes 1.3 million a year ($40,000 a month after taxes), and he takes 2 months of vacation a year.
>>
>>138620542
I know an engineer that makes over $600k a year. (My father). That said, he does have a management position. Here's for nepotism
>>
>>138622270
Precisely why it's retarded to get one. Even after getting a doctorate (God help you), it's still a pain in the ass to find a job unless you create a subject-altering formula. Blows my mind why so many /sci/tards want to get it
>>
>>138617262
I agree with this chart. I think the best degrees are those that help you sell your labor most effectively. The rich know best - that's why they are rich - and should be in control of as much as possible. So if the rich like engineering the most, then we should be pleasing to the rich and become engineers. Plus, philosophy is just a bunch of stuff about how to become a leftist.
>>
>>138622772
>boomer STILL working
>taking ALL the money
Boomers, it's always the boomers
>>
>>138621390
My math buddy is also into cars/motocross. He works with computer modeling to iptimize body designs in f1 cars and motorcycles. Pretty cool desu
>>
>>138617262
>not learning history from past mistakes
>not learning history to become a teacher and fight the lefty disease in schools

kys and stop wasting my tax money you autistic jidf
>>
>>138620762
>>138620671

In like 2 states you don't need an MD to prescribe, and even then I wouldn't want to be responsible for what happens if I prescribed without an MD. Additionally, if this guy is going for a Ph D in psych then chances are he's getting a B.A. if that's the case then he won't have a chance in med school.
>>
What about DFVP
digital, film and video production?
It's not like those bullshit art movie classes where we watch movies and go
>Hurrr what was the director trying to say
It's more how I can edit and produce videos and teaching me how to shoot a multicam field production, interviews, etc
>>
>>138622854
Yeah I'm studying Mathematics, and many of my friends who got their Masters degree are paid like 1.6k € / Month.
If you get your Doctorate you'll get a job, especially here in France, but you'll get grossly underpaid
>>
>>138622770
Shit maybe in leafland, here I know for a fact primary care physicians in the States get payed shit compared to what they should, every advisor will tell you to look at ROAD if you're going into the medical field for money
>t. Used to date a girl studying radiology
>>
>>138621390
I have a math degree and I work at an options trading startup. I had to get a master's though
>>
>>138617262

I major'd in writing and make 130k a year working less than 40 hrs week, and i spend most of my time shitposting on /pol/

>this triggers the /pol/
>>
>>138623622
Nice, was it hard finding a job, cause everyone of my mates who tried getting a job anywhere but as a teacher got fucked in the ass
>>
File: cash-me-ousside.jpg (29KB, 700x368px) Image search: [Google]
cash-me-ousside.jpg
29KB, 700x368px
>>
>unbelievable tier
>no particle/quantum physics

top kek mate
>>
Can you just have some mercy on my pleb choice of a life, and bump psychology up to Meh tier?
>>
>>138623821
It was easy because my master degree supervisor had a friend who was looking for someone with the specific skills that I had. Networking is the only way to get opportunities now, job postings are pointless.
>>
>>138621475
Yeah, I"m planning on getting a masters in it. Also I'm thinking about minoring in math just to separate myself from lazy brainlet psych LARPers
>>
>>138620671
>>138620762
How well do research psychologists do in comparison to psychiatrists? What if you write a couple of bullshit self-help books?
>>
>>138620542
Also, with the STEM push, salaries are going to crash... hard.
>>
Whats wrong with foreign languages?

As long as you dont learn some useless language, it can open up plenty of buisness opprotunities.
>>
>>138624584
Nothing at all, it's a yuge benefit if you pick a good language, but it should be paired with another major for maximum benefit
>>
File: kevin_macdonald723344.jpg (80KB, 420x316px) Image search: [Google]
kevin_macdonald723344.jpg
80KB, 420x316px
>>138617262
>pschology is cucked

pls count the number of psychologist at NPI and AmRen. k b thnx!
>>
>>138624486
Once you finally get out of med school, do your 4 year residency and the marathon of hoops you have to jump through is done, I imagine being a psychiatrist is comfy as fuck. Not really taking into account the fact that you are usually chemically castrating people and using them as Guinea pigs for shit psudoscience LARP (((medication))). I'm choosing psychology over psychiatry for ethical reasons.
>>
>>138624386
Okay thanks a bunch mate. I've always wanted to work in options trading, glad to see it's possible with a math degree.
>>
>>138622770
>Country has socialized healthcare
>GP Doctors don't get paid like shit
Huh? Wouldn't that drive up costs like crazy? How does it work?
>>
>>138617262
I have a international business degree.

Am I fucked?
>>
>>138624786
>I'm choosing psychology over psychiatry for ethical reasons.

its the same shit effectivly, psychology did start as a science unlike psychiatry which is good but in terms of works its all hihgly pozzed and hard data backed bell curve topics (both intell and personaltiy) are avoided like a plague
>>
>>138622770
How about the PA field?
>>
>>138620542
It's true you can make a lot of money being a lawyer, but it's hard to get your foot through the door and be someone in the profession. And doctors need to study too long, so in the end it doesn't really matter. Engineering on the other hand is hard enough to prevent every nigger to graduate, that means that there are always enough jobs and in the same time it pays well. I won't be a millionaire, but I've got better chances of being upper middle class than the average law student.
>>
>>138624740
it is though. it's the softest of the "sciences" barely above women's/minority studies programs. the core tenants change DRASTICALLY every decade to the point where the introductory psych classes are just "here's the history of us being wrong 9000 times before".
>>
>>138617262
Have fun spreading open your boipussy for some middle manager.
>>
>>138625214
>business degree
You're fucked.
>>
>>138625044
Well first we adjust for currency value (.8) and then we factor taxes based on province. Federal at the level is basically the same. Lastly, you need to account for the value of everyday needs, especially housing. That 370k is basically 150k in america. Still very well off for a single income. He is a GP after all
>>
>>138625325
PA's are good if you want good money for less investment.

Your ceiling will never be nearly as high as a physician because to my knowledge you can't independently operate or own your own business.
>>
Only reason suicide tier exists is because students are forced to take at least one of those courses. So they can graduate otta college with real degrees. Anyone who plans to major in any of those courses are morons. If you are majoring in anything below Good Tier. You should consider chaning your major or simply dropping out of college.
>>
>>138625391
Yeah, I'd say that (((they))) have psychology bent over a table. I plan on cruising through the BA, it isn't going to be hard. I'm an occultist, I want to subvert the fuck out of it. Carl Jung is /myguy/
>>
>>138625659
Could someone who is a late bloomer mathmatically make it through computer science? I was a fuck up in high school, but I just learned algebra and pre-calc in 6 months. I'm naturally pretty good at math, and think I could learn computers bretty quick.
>>
>>138625391
>it is though. it's the softest of the "sciences" barely above women's/minority studies programs.

it is, but the difference is that its not inheritly cucked unlike women studies which started as idologically biased unlike psychology.

out of all the major altRight intellectuals male psychologist are almost the most numerous (Lynn, KMac, Peterson...). Regarding softness, if you spit out the bad (ideological bias on certain courses) and take the good (methodology, psych tests, congitive science,,,) you have a decent discipline.

>here's the history of us being wrong 9000 times before

if you find that problematic look up history of medicine.
>>
>>138625695
the job outlook is absolute shit if you know anything about the field.
>>
File: 1498838516953.jpg (116KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498838516953.jpg
116KB, 400x800px
>>138617262
>Why are Universities across the West becoming so cucked?
They're run by people who don't have to produce a value, thanks to the "need a four-year degree to get a well-paying job" meme. Inb4 $100K without a four-year degree, you're in a lucky minority.
>And which degrees are the most and least cucked?
Most cucked are any of the "PC" degrees like anything ending in studies. Least cucked are the degrees that deal with the natural world, for example the hard sciences (although expect some environmentalism) and the real areas of engineering.
>Personally I was really surprised to hear that Classics had been infected, and is now predominantly female. Why is this?
I guess they were easy to colonize because of their lack of objectivity.

t. Bachelor's in computer science
>>
File: snooze.gif (453KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
snooze.gif
453KB, 480x268px
>>138617262
>muh engineering
>>
>>138617262
>Classics had been infected, and is now predominantly female
That's because the cunt has an innate desire to pick something that sounds refined so that they can make themselves look smart in front of others.
>>
>>138626051
you have refuted nothing. shit major with shit outlook and shit practicality.
>>
>engy

Your job will be outsourced to dirt poor pakis when you hit 30.
>>
>>138620542
Bruh, ChemEs with doctorates make over 200k easy. Most just don't care to go to school to get it because a bachelors will net you 80k starting.
>>
>>138625044

Britfag here, not sure if his exp is the same as ours but here is what happens for us:

Drs still get paid pretty well, but still less than what others get compared to the states. Junior Drs (most drs, those who arent consultants) have to work super shitty hours too.

There have recently been strikes by drs due to pay cuts and hours increases. Ironically no one seems to have realised that in a socialised healthcare system, a monopoly on the "supply" of job roles means the NHS can pay whatever the fuck is wants and make you work whatever the fuck hours it wants, and you either like it or can't work in the medical field within this country.

Incidentally, this costs our government increasingly huge amounts, especially since it now has to cover healthcare tourists, immigrants, increased levels of stabbings, drunken shite, and fat people that are sweeping the nation.
>>
>>138625618
I had originally planned for veterinary school but after shootin the shit with all the old(er) vets, they had sound advice to not come into the field as the future looks even shittier.

I'm 30 now so med school sounds great but I can't be out of work for that long really. So PA is my plan now
>>
>>138625987
Yes, easily.

Very little of programming is even math. When you actually need real math, there are endless pre-existing packages/methods/tools for it.

A lot depends on your school's curriculum of course. Like, CS at UW's Seattle campus is insanely hard, but only because of the competitive major system. I had a TA for the CSE intro series that applied 3 fucking times, was a female, and couldn't get into the major.

So, if you go this route, go to a school without a competitive major system. So many people go to UW and don't realize they are most likely not going to be able to major in what they are actually interested in, it's disgusting.
>>
>>138625987

if you just want to become a programmer hired for $100K, no problem at all. don't worry about all the theoretical shit. get the degree, and get rich.
>>
>>138625987
Yeah of course, don't worry, computer science mathematics are not that hard.
>>
>>138617262
outdated as fuck. computer programming is a worthless joke now. i have a bachelor's in physics and i still ended up getting into a trade instead. universities are marxist brainwashing centers designed to keep the proletariat in a state of perpetual debt.
>>
>>138626123
>tfw not intelligent enough to study engineering
>>
>>138626058
I plan on moving to a small town where there wouldn't be much competition. I'm not that driven anymore, I'm 26 going back to school. I went to music school at 18.... I had childish dreams of making it in music, and there are still remnants of them I guess. I didn't have a lot of guidance in high school, I'm doing the best I can to pull the pieces together, but yeah I just want to get this shit over with.

What would you consider the best ration of easy to good paying secure field? I'm a smart guy.... I've just lost a good portion of (((the spark)))
>>
>>138626349
I also wanted to become a vet because I love animals, but an MD convinced me not to.

It's funny, such a shortage of medics who love helping others, yet so many reasons not to go into the field...
>>
PoliSci and ForeignLang aren't that bad.
>>
>be psychologist
>understand more about what makes humans tick than anyone else
>able to apply what you have learned outside of your work unlike basically every other field
>get payed 100s of dollars an hour to listen to people
>suicide tier
lel no.
>>
>>138626349
What was their perspective on the future of the field? I can't imagine the demand for service is decreasing or the reimbursement rates.

I put a short leg cast on for $40 for a human and a cast for dogs costs $500
>>
>>138621495
I have several different options to branch out from this major ultimately they are more interesting then half the shit people end up doing.
>>
>>138626498
Actually, I'm going for physics, because I am capable of abstract reasoning
>>
>>138626682
>get payed 100s of dollars an hour to listen to people

yeah, but its not easy getting a job here...are you into psychotherapy?

I never considered psych inheritly cucked, it is full of leftist, but it could have been a more decent discipline >>138626051
>>
>>138623305
Shoot man, well best of luck to you and your endeavors. Don't know what they make in France, but here in the states it's somewhere around $110,000 if that interests you
>>
computer programming is being devalued and the skeevy silicon valley companies that only exist because of VC speculation are bad

that said though computer engineering is a totally different thing with a broader and deeper skillset

they can study everything from electrical fields and waves, to digital logic and circuits, to operating systems, to VLSI

a good comp eng school will teach EVERYTHING from the most abstract mathematics for modelling electromagnetic fields to the very high level programming and design.

t. computer engineer
>>
>>138625987
Of course you can, just be sure to never slack off. Even if means missing a few nights at the bar with your buddies. I'm taking courses for AutoCAD and Inventor. Although it is related drafting and design. I can tell you chances are that you'll mostly be working on huuuge projects. Unlike other courses where you take tests and do small sections of homework.
>>
>>138626438
>>138626416
>>138626414

It's tempting. I'm on inline to get a BA in 2.5 years, my first semester courses are Anthropology, Psych 101, Biology, Philosophy, and Political Science.

So if I decide to switch majors next semester would I be alright?
>>
>God tier
What you love that makes you money
>High tier
What you like that makes you money
>Mid tier
What makes you money
>Low tier
What you love but requires you to live with/off your parents/roomate(s)
>Shit tier
What you like but requires you to live with/off your parents/roomate(s)
>Hell tier
What your parents made you do
>>
>>138626290
Really depends on where you get your doctorate from and where you go. I'm currently getting my phd in chemical engineering and the average starting salary from my institution is $100,000 with a high last year of $130,000 and that's if you can find a job. That doesn't factor in the 5 years of making tens of thousands of dollars less with no seniority or raises.
>>
>>138626953
Yeah I don't really even have friends, I already have the potential to go full autist. I'm considering it for sure. Especially if I could get by with a bachelors, or at least start work with a BA then continue school for more money.
>>
>>138626906
It's split down the sex line. Men, it would seem, go into psych to understand people while women go into psych to "help" people.
>>
Lol at how you call the business management, finance, accounting, etc below best tier when they literally are the ones who own your lives.
>>
>>138627368
>Men, it would seem, go into psych to understand people while women go into psych to "help" people.

couldnt put it better. That is one of the reasons I dislike psychotherapists, its all feels feels feels to them not methodology, no evaluation, seems way too random.

controlled psychological studies are a different league doe.
>>
>>138622855
>Plus, philosophy is just a bunch of stuff about how to become a leftist.

Surprise surprise, philosophy naysayer doesn't know anything about it. Most areas of philosophy (which are taught heavily in Western universities) are totally apolitical. As unpolitical as mathematics or histology.
>>
College is obsolete
The manufacturing sector in America is dead and an oversaturation of College degrees has caused entry level positions to become more competitive (at some points you need 3 years experience)
STEM jobs are being outsourced and practically every other degree won't get you far without nepotism. The vast majority of graduates will end up working menial jobs for years to come while the Boomers laugh in their face
>>
I'm a 3d artist (working with programs like Maya) working at a SFX company. Would I be stuck in art or comp sci? It's kind of both.
>>
>>138617262
This list is bloat as fuark. There are only 3 theoretical branches one needs to study and 3 practical studies.
>Science
>Philosophy
>Theology

>Law
>Medicine
>Applied Science
Everything else is shit tier
>>
>>138617262
>Petroleum

Unless you're willing to get a phd before you actually work then no
>>
>>138626698
>>138626698
It's going corporate for one. Mars (the chocolate) corp is buying up all the animal hospitals and clinics from the older vets who are looking for that retirement payout. There are other corporations doing the same also.

With that, the wages are set and if you don't like it, get another job.. whereas if it's an independent shop with a good client base, you might pay off that massive debt eventually.

The state schools that have the vet program needed more money, so they too opened up the enrollment rate to get the cash, creating more graduates than jobs. So you can go out in the midwest or dairy country but you won't be making that 100k

http://pawcurious.com/2017/01/mars-bought-a-bunch-more-vet-clinics-now-what/
>>
>>138627734
>le give up man
gil yourself :DD
>>
>>138627334
You should also consider getting involved as an intern once you have somewhat decent experience. It will allow you to build a relationship will companies involved with your major in your surrounding area. Btw I know at this point I am beating a dead horse. However make sure you do you dont slack off. I knew a guy who was a natural at drafting and design. So much so that he could gone very far in a career involved in Drafting and design. Although he began skipping classes and not doing his homework and he flunked out. Such wasted talent....
>>
>>138617262
tfw degree in oriental studies
>>
>>138617262
Get an online degree. Brick and mortar schools are a waste of money.
>>
>>138626999
You'll have to work to get what you missed, but it's far from impossible
>>
>>138627750
3d art has 0 to do with comp science you leaf.
>>
>>138625565
Really, why?
>>
>>138628459
online degrees are a scam. wasting money on a paper weight. you have all the material online to study from. no need for university.
>>
File: kierkegaard_common_filth_ignore.jpg (353KB, 1695x1208px) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard_common_filth_ignore.jpg
353KB, 1695x1208px
>>138622855
>>138627732
>Plus, philosophy is just a bunch of stuff about how to become a leftist.

BUHAHAAHAHHAHAH

Ultra pleb autiste detected! If there is a filed that is implicitly western its philosophy, stick to your STEM autism elsewhere.
>>
I don't get all the hate languages get. Translators and interpreters are crucial to international business and trade. How would they understand each other, anyway?

I'm aware we here are from all over the world and are all speaking English, but not everybody is brought up speaking it.
>>
>>138628657
probably because its a useless subject. most business degrees wont help you IRL.
>>
>>138626892
What can feed a family of four: A physics degree or a family pizza?
>>
>>138628788
a proper computer science course will cover NLP, which covers the science behind all languages. you get that youll be able to 'know' any language you want.
>>
>tfw international relations
Should I transfer into international security studies for a slightly less shit-tier job?
Goal is working in the government, probably something in migration or counterterrorism because /pol/ has advanced my knowledge of these a long way
>>
>>138617262
What do I do with a bachelor's in math from a mediocre state school? Really don't wanna go to grad school.
>>
>>138628971
Uncle Sam loves his physics grads
>>
File: 1503213110597.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1503213110597.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>tfw business management

I really need to change my major to something more STEM
>>
>>138628282
Legit. I'm going to UNLV, considering my living situation here I will be getting my degree here regardless of what my major is. I don't imagine the computer science degree here is that competitive...
>>
>>138617262
Anybody know about classics?
>>
File: shotgunpepe.jpg (34KB, 680x734px) Image search: [Google]
shotgunpepe.jpg
34KB, 680x734px
>>138629667
>tfw international business
>half business classes, half foreign language
>tfw literally majoring in globalism
>>
File: stem5472.jpg (280KB, 1205x997px) Image search: [Google]
stem5472.jpg
280KB, 1205x997px
>>138629135
>>138629667
>>138629991
>Should I transfer into international security studies for a slightly less shit-tier job?

dont listen to pol autism and their STEM autism obssession, major in what youve started. despite the fact that nonSTEM is oversaturated, well always need nonSTEMs. Society where everyone is STEM is China, not the West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWEjKKigd78
>>
Planning to double in CS and Econ
My theory is that it is applicable in 2 fields that both pay a lot of money.
Am I memeing myself?
>>
>>138617262
>muh STEM
>>
>>138628779
>non white defending philosophy
We are truly at the end of times
>>
>>138620542
Law offices have maybe 50 years left before computers make much of their work obsolete. Computer aided research already allows paralegals and assistants to do far more than they could just a few decades ago and entry level positions are drying up as companies need fewer and fewer of them.

A study by Deloite expects over 40% of legal jobs will be eliminated in the near future. Their career can be replaced by a glorified text parser and as AI gets better more law jobs will be automated.

There will always be lawyers but if the future is bright then there will be far fewer of them.
>>
File: opspeaksout.jpg (179KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
opspeaksout.jpg
179KB, 594x396px
All university courses are cucked. If you manage to escape major cucking in university, your corporate job will take care of turning you into a thorough good goy.

Also,
>letting cultural marxism destroy your interest in philosophy, aesthetics, morals, meaning and anything that separates you from a nigger
>>
>>138621390
>any job you want
>300k starting
>>
File: hgn.jpg (48KB, 960x499px) Image search: [Google]
hgn.jpg
48KB, 960x499px
>>138630175
It wasn't my first major, I just switched to it because my mother is German so all of my foreign language classes were easy A's

In other words, it was because I'm lazy
>>
File: 1499182258799.jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499182258799.jpg
110KB, 640x640px
>>138630626
kek you majored in your mother's native language?
>>
>>138630290
nigga, look up in what field is the leader of Austrian Identitarians majoring.

>>138630626
just dont take the autism pill and think that coding will save the West.
>>
>>138620542

Yeah, no. You're wrong as fuck.

If you're not autistic and you have a STEM degree, you're going to go far.

This goes for basically every fucking degree btw.
>>
>>138630724
Halfway correct
See >>138629991
>>
>>138625987
Yeah dude I'm in college at 30 lol... I'm probably already screwed from jobs but college is ridiculously easy if you actually try.
>>
>>138630732
>croat flag
>talks like a negroid

only negroids start a sentence with nigga
>>
>>138620542
if you run society why dont u make it better then? oh thats right cuz u would sell your whole family for some shekels, now go fuck yourself low tier cunt
>>
>>138629909
STEM is competive wherever you go
>>
>>138630859
Less uncommon than you'd think, I knew a lot of people in that range during undergrad, effect of the shit economy
>>
>>138617863

Nice bait. I r8 8/8 m8
>>
>>138620542
lawfag is mad
>I want a daughter to marry lawyer/doctor
nice fucking argument
>I hate actual statistic but I heard about lawyer that make $350/hr, btfo mathfags
if you want respect being head of company(even if it's yours) is much better that any job working for someone
>>
>>138631080
>>138629909

How common are truly competitive majors? Competitive in the sense that you have to apply to a major after you've applied/been accepted to your school?
>>
>>138630905
nigga, croats are non white bix nood
>>
>>138631339
Depends on the school.
>>
>>138631339
In all honestly not very common. Although those who take them generally are pretty competive. Most people who attend college are young adults. Who are just going for the "college" experience. They often choose the shittiest majors because they are by the easiest to pass. I remember in the first CAD course I took. There were a whole bunch of mostly young adults in the class. Half dropped out by the first week. Professors are quite literally dropping classes because not enough people sign up.
>>
>>138631339
Interior design is super competitive, probably architecture as well.
I'd imagine finance is pretty competitive (at a good school)
>>
>>138627852
You are right
t: studying theology
>>
Any programmers here want to give me the quick run down of what there day to day is like? How long are your work weeks? Can you work from home? If not, what's the workplace like?
>>
>>138633323
Any programmers here want to give me the quick run down of what their day to day is like? How long are your work weeks? Can you work from home? If not, what's the workplace like?

>Spell checked
>>
Law is only good tier if your are an americuck, its god tier pretty much anywhere else.
>>
>>138617262
Guess I'm in the G spot then huh? Working in big energy, big telecom, and defense sectors as a creator of new technology and principal software architect.
>t. 44yr old high school drop out business owner who is contractually solid busy for the next 15 years until I retire

Seriously, if you are intelligent, have aptitude, and are sociable, then save your fucking money, do NOT go to college/university and learn what you need on your own. Love what you do, have a passion for it. Run your own business and target your prospective clients. Create relationships, and do the work well, on time, on budget. You will only create more relationships like that, and business will grow.
Or work for GLOBAL_CORP_65WV3 and be employee #90QH871S623, and get put out on your ass when it gets downsized right when you get a wife and kid.
>>
>>138633323
I'm no progammer, however I'd expect it ranges from company to company. Some may even have you just work at home. Although that probably is fairly uncommon.
>>
>>138627852
>>138633244
>There are only 3 theoretical branches one needs to study and 3 practical studies.

that is basically all of human knowledge bro. Good riddance.
>>
>Law enforcement
>Good tier

Pretty accurate though.
>>
>>138629330
Anyone?
>>
What's the best Computer degree?
>>
>>138634501
I'm sure you will be ok. Math is top 10 applicable non-meme degree material.
>>
>>138634501
idk what your situation is nigga, what are the opportunities? its probably best to branch to programming...i have no idea

>>138634675
>What's the best Computer degree?

CSS+trapFuJava
>>
>>138617262
>no mention of dentistry

Its like you all want to die alone and poor.
>>
>>138633830
You're a software architect without a college degree? What did your career look like up till now? Aren't there things you actually need some professors for, or is that just a meme?
>>
File: 1502221288749.jpg (48KB, 460x676px) Image search: [Google]
1502221288749.jpg
48KB, 460x676px
>>138617262
>be mechanical engy
>tfw unemployed in this shithole
>>
>>138617262

Physics should be in the top tier. So should most mathematics, and Chemistry.
>>
File: 1503095652567.png (130KB, 302x390px) Image search: [Google]
1503095652567.png
130KB, 302x390px
>>138617863
You're making us look bad. Stop this minute.
>>
>>138617381
Leaves have no gender.
>>
>>138617262

Gee, Geophysics, how come you get to be in TWO tiers?
>>
>>138634927
Atleast you tried to get into something that makes money. But you did not take into account the regional need for Mech Engis in Ecuador. Look for civil engineer jobs, they might take you
>>
>>138618018

No. There are studies showing IQ differences between the majors. You can't win the argument simply by comparing it to Indians.
>>
File: 1502682142742.png (81KB, 378x357px) Image search: [Google]
1502682142742.png
81KB, 378x357px
>>138635122
Only elder god tier if you get a PhD in. (Good Luck)

If you get a BSc only, in either of those fields just fucking end it. Useless!
>>
>>138633830

I disagree with this partially. Get a stem degree through distance learning... take online courses at American Public University, or something similar like Open University (expensive now).

If we had a really cheap option for online STEM degrees we could wipe out the liberal side of the University System by financially starving them of students.
>>
>>138635602

I disagree with that. Although I'm in a different field now. Math and Physics majors end up working all over wallstreet. I have plenty of friends that went that route and now make obscene amounts of money.
>>
File: mech.png (75KB, 344x246px) Image search: [Google]
mech.png
75KB, 344x246px
>>138617262
Add aerodynamic engineer to great tier also see pic, aren't the ones i circled the same?
>>
>>138617262
>military

>liberals hate it
>best benefits of any entry job in the country
>get physically fit
>learn discipline and respect
>get called a baby killer by green haired lip piercings for 4 years while using your GI Bill
>all OTJ training, 0 experience required

>"suicide tier"
>>
>>138624111
>must be unbelievable tier because I don't know what either of these prefixes mean.
Please leave.
>>
>>138636593
>fight for zog
>make 25k/year
>moved around like cattle
>when you get out, become homeless and commit suicide
hoorah
>>
File: 1503149726521.jpg (108KB, 904x711px) Image search: [Google]
1503149726521.jpg
108KB, 904x711px
how would you guys rank a two year Medical Assistant degree?
>>
I did business management + Mandarin Chinese and I'm pretty much in demand everywhere.

Work for a big Chinese company now, pay is ok and the work is easy enough.

Beats unemployment/retail by a mile.
>>
>>138628758
Having some sort of degree looks better on resumes though.
>>
>>138636825
I think you get in what you put out. If you do it correctly, you can have a lucrative career after you get out, in that magical space between the military and the private sector, flying helicopters in Saudi Arabia or whatever. Of course, you could end up like a lot of the vets I see around here, divorced, sick, unemployable, fat, etc.
>>
I've got a high mathematical intelligence, however, I suffer from terrible social anxiety.

I've thought about studying Civil Engineering in ETH in Zürich. Is that a good idea?
>>
>>138620542
in order to make 350/hr, you have to be an extremely talented lawyer (top 1%). With a similar skill level in tech, you can create your own company and make potentially millions
>>
>>138636927
>Work for a big Chinese company now, pay is ok and the work is easy enough.

trully nobel work you are doing there, helping the nobel chinks in europe. Mosley would be proud!

>>138637392
>I suffer from terrible social anxiety.

I did to, its managable to overcome, dont sweat it. Is it in form of attacks or in just generalized but not intensive?
>>
>>138617262

Things like Ecology and Zoology are virtually no different than doing Biology, all the modules are the same, Ecologists have to learn cell biology and shit. Institutes know this and treat them the same for jobs or postgrad.

So putting them on different tiers is retarded.

T. Ecology graduate doing a masters in bioinformatics.
>>
>>138636923
Blue collar of the medical field. Not bad but doesn't pay more than like 40-50k.

I know a guy who does it and the shit he does seems like it should be worth more.
>>
>>138619764
ChemE alum - Benson hall all day baby
>>
>>138637666
When I'm around people I get incredibly nervous, I begin to sweat and my mind is all over the place. I am so out of place that I forget to blink, so my eyes get teary, and for some reason I can't understand what they are saying. So yes, it's quite intense.
>>
>>138636463
Blease resbond :-D
>>
>>138637666
I don't fall for the Mosley meme desu

I'm an individualistic person, as long as I'm happy, getting richer and moving forward in my life, I don't care for the peons
>>
>>138617863
This is such a used and reused bait, it's not fun leaf
Do as americanon said and bring us better shitposts
>>
>>138637937
well, that sounds pretty livable for where I am at. Better than retail or working with poultry. Thanks Anon
>>
File: goyler.gif (2MB, 618x415px) Image search: [Google]
goyler.gif
2MB, 618x415px
>>138617262
>anything other than mechanical eng
kys
>>
>>138617262
I'm starting a master's degree in accounting and finance, am I cucked ? Will the Jews hire me ?
>>
>>138638006
Good goy
>>
>>138638006
>I'm an individualistic person, as long as I'm happy, getting richer and moving forward in my life, I don't care for the peons

God save the Kween!

>>138638000
are you generally fit? how do you sleep? Learn breathing exercises, start cycling/hiking up and down those beautiful mtns you have their - it will help strenghtenting your cardiovascular system which will help with breathing.

by controlling breathing youll control the intensity of your bodily stimuly and by it your emotions.

1st work on your bodies health - it helps with emo control
2nd when you feel strong put yourself in light social situations, it will fade down eventually, dont panic about your state, plenty of have been there...
>>
>>138617262
If you are talking about uncucked subjects in regards to political affiliation, business (any major) should be near the top. Business profession are usually evenly split between conservatism and liberalism, and are more conservative than most other majors.
>>
>>138638578
I'm 193cm tall and only weigh 72kg, so I'm really skinny.
Thank you for the good advice brother!
>>
>>138637392
ETH will kick you ass, you won't have time for your social anxiety.
>>
File: 465654945_1280x853.jpg (33KB, 678x381px) Image search: [Google]
465654945_1280x853.jpg
33KB, 678x381px
>>138617262
>engineering
>engy
being this retarded
>>
>>138638858
>I'm 193cm tall and only weigh 72kg, so I'm really skinny.

get some weight on ya bro, your nervous system probably is underfed/tired which is not good if you want to control your body (you can still but its not as easy when your body is healthy). Dont do much running/cycling then, but start calistenics or some brolifting if you can manage the boredom of it.

Godspeed!
>>
>>138634826
Cousin is in an oral surgery program. Dude had 500k in student debt but he will literally be making close to if not a million annually in a few years.
>>
>>138638858
I'm a skinny fuck and had really low self esteem and social anxiety. Started paying attention to food a little better last year. I make a lot of smoothies with powder in them (weight gainer/protein) and yogurt, and it has helped. They are easy to consume for easy calories even if you're "not hungry"
A thing that pushed me out of my anxiety was existential dread. I had a week of panic attack every night. Once it stopped it was like being touched by God... Idk it sounds corny as hell but feeling the abyss made me stop a bunch of dumb beta habits
>>
>>138622337
Just get a job, though you should be able to get financial aid right? Stop worrying about the debt, get your 2 year degree in IT or Dental Assistant or whatever and then rock your 40K a year salary and pay off 20K in about 4 or 5 years.

>>138629667
Think about a MSc in Finance if you got good math grades, its amazing.

>>138638264
Look to see if Swiss has a certification like USA does called the CFA. If you can get that then you will be the boss and make major bank.

Hope you don't have a history of anti-semetic posts though or just forget it. Jews run finance.
>>
>>138640792
>>138638858
If you guys want to try a crazy muscle weight gain diet, look up carb backloading. I'm 5"8, got up to 175 and was stronger than I'd ever been.... but I got sick and lost a good portion o the weight. I did end up with more muscle though, you just need to find a food that is high in starchy sugary carbs, low in fat, and eat a shit ton of it within an hour after your workout. I used poptarts, which wasn't ideal because of the fat. Find low fat poptarts and you are golden.
>>
>>138634826
>>138640722
>dentistry

lets be redpilled land fix teeth of old Jewish ladies and younght THOTs teeth so they can instagram! HURRAH ALT RIGHT!
>>
>>138641353
I'll look into it and work out more, I love pasta so maybe that'll work
>>
>>138617262
computer science and software engineering are overfilled by pajeets, literally the most useless good degree you can own
>>
I never understood the psychology meme, like I get you don't make much money upon graduation, but isn't it still an important role that someone has to fill? They're studying the mind... Id say that's pretty crucial...
>>
Colleges advertise for beta cucks who have rich parents or dumb minorities. Trap them into a program where they can't pass any of the classes and they end up paying for eight years of school on 2 year degree. These people create higher profit margins thus become the primary target of the school. We turn whites/smart people away because the make us less money.

T. Community college recruiter.
>>
>>138642592
I could be wrong but seems useless if you don't have a PhD.
It would be like majoring in medicine but not enough to be a doctor.
A lot of pyschology and social soft sciences are filled with retarded leftists and women
>>
>>138642768
And for those of you that say
"Prove it or shut it down"
Fuck no I make a lot more money now that we make a shit ton more than before.
>>
>>138642941
You can get places with a masters, but you are more secure with the PhD
>>
File: 1494713612335.jpg (125KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1494713612335.jpg
125KB, 740x740px
>>138620960
I am so fucking sick and tired of the academic institutions. I just wanted to learn fucking IT, and I'm forced to take so many classes I don't want or need, with the degree map changing every year with new requirements being added in and old ones being dropped.

I've actually developed a mild anxiety because of the overburden of bullshit I have to carry myself with. Every day my conviction to move up north and become a simple laborer grows more.

FUCK UNIVERSITY. FUCK THESE ACADEMIC KIKES.
>>
We don't need all these pointless jobs, hard labor is best, keeps you healthy and you actually earn your pay. but what do i know I'm jobless.
>>
>>138643593
All the dudes I know in IT came from the air Force. The prospects are insane when you come out with secret clearances.
>>
>>138624111
There's physics in God tier
>you must be 18+ to post here
>>
File: 1487889014821.gif (454KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1487889014821.gif
454KB, 250x188px
>>138644727
I've considered military option as well, but I don't know if I'd even be accepted in the first place, not necessarily out of intellectual aptitude, but physical fitness. I mean, I'm in ok shape, 185/190/190, but I can't do pullups and my cardio is pretty weak. I'd have to train for that and I'm always fucking too tired to do that on a consistent, disciplined basis.

But in any case, as an IT inclined guy, I learn the concepts and applications far better by actually doing them, especially in field, as opposed to sitting and hearing about it in the classroom. If I could just do what I do in a solidified job position, I'd learn on the fly real quick. I love working with others, I'm very good with that. I'm just...not fucking suited for the academic environment, try as I might as hard as I can.

I'm not good at it and it makes me miserable. Maybe military is my best bet after all.
>>
>>138643593
Your curriculum doesn't change you start uni you dumb fag. I'm in my university's 2015 curriculum.
>>
Rate BA Economics w/ Politics
>>
>>138645417
You could also try nonmeme tier certs and try applying. Cisco stuff is good I think. Shorter time frame than a degree.

Idk man just think about it, either hunker down and shut up and finish degree or expand options. Everyone I know that went to tech Military has a decent career (not amazing), without a lot of money or anything
(the military pay you to be there and pay your housing, they pay you to exist and take orders, goto class basically)
>>
>>138645753
Yes and no. Bureaucracy at work, they often do these things slyly and silently, and you have to notice it and specifically take it up to the department head and let them know, otherwise they might assume you're just following the current one. And if I'm not mistaken, and I don't know if this works the same everywhere or not, there is a limit on which degree map you can follow, like 6 years or something before it expires and you have to follow a newer one.
>>
>>138617262
Lower some of the medical ones, most of them are filled with full ride indians and liberals.
>>
>>138645987
Not one single semester have I enjoyed in my entire academic career. In fact, I get more and more miserable as time goes along. There were a few classes I took that I absolutely loved, however, and did very well in, like digital forensics and Networking/Advanced Networking, but those kinds of classes were few compared to the others I had/have to take and fucking hate.

My ideal job as an IT guy is something in the networking field, that I'm certain, but I feel university, aside from the people and contacts I meet, isn't helping me achieve that goal.
>>
>>138646434
Go process tech, other than working shift schedule it pays $130,000 a year and only needs an associates degree.
>>
>>138646567
What is process tech? Doesn't sound familiar to me.
>>
>>138622244
>flyoverfags thinking they matter

yeah Im sure most professions aren't raking in cash in Tennessee or Utah or wherever fag place you live
>>
>>138617262
If you go to university now you are a cuck. Everybody in university is either evil or a moral coward.

The idea you need university to get a career is just one big Jew lie to get more people indoctrinated and controlled and in debt.
>>
>>138646788
>88
heiled
>>
>>138646703
Refineries/alcohol, beer plants/chemical plastic plants. All you do is make sure everything is turned on, running smoothly, and making on specification product. Since most is automated now, you just turn on with computer and run it.
>>
>>138617262
im a hunter. would you say thats cucked ?
>>
File: 1492919104541.jpg (774KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492919104541.jpg
774KB, 1080x1080px
What about an associates in electrical engineering? 2 years and you can be a tech.
>>
>>138647007
Well shit, nigger, that sounds like a heavily nepotistic/cronyistic field. That doesn't sound like a position you get on merit alone. But it would be nice...
>>
>>138647156
nope, gotta take a cobra test, mechanical skill assessments, online simulations just to get an interview.
>>
>>138636593
Military and police are traitor-cuck Jew slaves. Get in while you're taking blue pills but get out when you take the red.

Go independent and start your own business. If you like guns hunt for your own food and animal products. Never kill for the Jew.
>>
>>138647081
If you work for yourself you are about the least cucked. All these (((jobs))) are cucked.
>>
>>138647461
Well, it's certainly something I can keep in mind if shit turns for the worst, but it's definitely not something I'd enjoy doing, personally. But the money sounds nice.

Thanks for the tip, I guess.
>>
>>138617381
I hired a guy who majored in women's studies at my law firm a few years back. I think I was just stunned and had to find out what kind of guy would do that to himself. So, the two uber-lib women making the decision with me jumped on the chance and got him in. After college, he took a one year paralegal course and then worked in a coffee shop for a few years before we gave him a chance. He was actually a really good legal assistant and then left us to work at the corporate offices of the Gap. My advice is to look for a job with internet tech or retail corporate office that are looking for people with insight into how they can cor er the snowflake market
>>
>>138617427
but non-windoze OS are God's gift to the earth. But... don't feel bad if you're tupid... God loves you just the way you are
>>
>>138617262
You forgot Africana studies.
>>
>>138618018
And I'm sure your professor isn't even remotely full of himself either... here dear, take a cookie and run outside to play
>>
>>138619760
those degrees can be useful once you're at PhD level
>>
>>138618018
I don't know why poltards like to deny this. Maybe you guys go to bad univerisities, but at my university, all the humanities professors are brilliant and enlightening af. Both the liberal and conservative ones are able to easily drop nuggets of wisdom and make everyone's time worthwhile. My university is one of the highest ranked in the world but still, you guys really shouldn't be writing off all non-Stemmies as dumbos. People who major in the humanities and social sciences have greater interdisciplinary and historical perspective, literary depth, writing superiority, analysis skills, etc. than any STEM person could ever hope for. Humanities skills are patrician skills and values. (Enjoying life, contemplating it, social critique, etc.) Being an engineer for the money is just being a wageslave on purpose bc you come from a poor background and all you think about is money. Enlightened people are able to succeed in the humanities and go on to teach at prestigious universities, write books, and live pleasurable lives. I'm not talking about your avg dumb English major or communication major who parties every weekend. I'm talking about true scholars of literature, history, political science, and law, who contribute to their fields and make a difference in people's lives in a way that STEM majors absolutely never could. People who write dissertations for fun. Humanities courses offer something to your mind and soul. They are spiritually fulfilling and soothe philosophical angst. STEM majors can only give you physical solutions to physical problems anchored in the material world like computers or robots that lack empathy, rich inner lives, and deep introspection.
>>
>>138650162
I'm willing to bet no one arguing engineering is the greatest career reads fine literature for pleasure. It's a pity really, never being able to grasp or enjoy profound Russian novels or an opera or ballet. Plebs all the way. STEM advocates have the mentality of the nouveau-riche, both value being boring and having lots of money. They'll never know a complex literary life filled with emotion, adventures, and transformative interpersonal relationships. I would rather have a blue collar boyfriend than a STEM one because those guys know the fucking meaning of life and grit; they're usually charming and attractive to boot. Ideally though, my husband would hold a doctorate in non-STEM field. Such men are amazing conversationalists, incredibly cultured, open-minded, and fun.
That being said, sure we need *someone* to do the jobs STEM people do. There are people whose personalities suit that kind of work. Meanwhile, the rest of us are having fun discussing Nietzsche at sociology conferences in Greece and living that ivy tower life.
>>
>>138620944
HA!!! They don't even know it was all a hoax!
>>
>>138617262
Petroleum engineering?

Literally the #1 indicator that the person applying for the job is from Africa.

>>138617800
Inosec below masters and PhD is shit tier. Don't even bother.

Comp sci is far mroe adaptive and likely to lead into infosec than

"cyber security"

Literally a brand name made by 4 blokes in a pub.
>>
>>138621316
You sure about that? It's not a bad idea for this guy because in those specialty law fields they like attorneys with field related undergrad degrees, but I'd think the enviro law industry would be better with more fed regulation not less (i. e. Obama, not Trump)
>>
>>138622270

I don't know how it is in America but pretty much everywhere else, if you can do high-level mathematics and you can program, you can make serious money.

>t. B.Sc Physics, M.Sc Applied Maths
>>
File: 1490569642476.png (585KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1490569642476.png
585KB, 633x758px
>>138638004
>>138636463
PLEASE RESPOND! T_T
>>
>>138650162
>tl;dr mommy bought me a liberal arts degree and I desperately need to justify it
>>
>>138650535
Cyber security is a very informal field relative to all the other established disciplines, however it is emerging fast in scope and importance because of obvious reasons of faster and further integration of technology into our every day lives.

Don't shit talk cyber security folks. The same people that make sure your systems and networks are secure are the same people that can easily kill your company.
>>
>>138629330

I don't know how it woks in the US but in the UK with its massive financial services economy, most of the maths and physics grads are snapped up by the Big4 firms and the like. Basically, if you have any sort of "quantitative" skills, you're already ahead of most of your peers.
>>
>>138621728
wow... that's exactly what my Human Resources friend says about STEM nerds when you get a couple of drinks in her. She's got a phd in industrial psych and her job is to figure out who's stable and who's likely to come in with a shotgun and stsrt blasting one morning. I pointed out that it sounded like her job would be easy, but she says it's not because 90% of STEMS appear to be unhinged and since you need them, you have to be able to sort oit the ones who really are.
>>
>>138650212
>anyone who studies non stem is not cultured.
stem read books in their spare time, and dont take jew money to corrupt the youth.
I am a blue collar physics major and i cucked your little femboy english buddies the whole time.
>>
>>138651945
This. If you've got a math degree and you're good at quantitative or qualitative businesses analysis you'll do well
>>
File: giantbrain.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
giantbrain.png
279KB, 898x790px
>>138652228
This is part of why I feel like I should do STEM instead of psyche. I've spent the last 3 years reading philosophy, contemporary thinking, classic novels, and theology in my spare time... for fun. I'll probobly bring up some autistic red pilled shit in class and get expelled.
>>
Im double majoring with aerospace engy and mechatronics. Is this good?
>>
>>138650212
Man you're triggered. Chill dude, you're women's studies degeee is just fine. Just fine.
>>
>>138652537
trust me, I spent my years before uni reading all that by myself too. It makes a difference to be in a classroom setting though. New shades of meaning are brought to your attention. You can't magically learn all the context and related modes of thinking on your own or from wikipedia.

>>138652228
I don't know what gay thing you are insinuating but i am a straight woman. Who wouldn't touch an autistic physics major with a 10 ft pole unless you're gonna contribute to our understanding of particle physics or black holes in such a way that you change the game
>>
>>138653701
you've been trying to be funny this whole thread and it's still not working
>>
>>138617262
You forgot to put Albanology as Unbelievable tier
>>
File: femnon.jpg (100KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
femnon.jpg
100KB, 400x400px
>>138653743
>All that

So you are familiar with Henri Bergson, Plotinus's Enneads, Hegel's Philosophy of History, Julius Evola's Revolt against the Modern world, and the Nag Hammadi scriptures then? How about Spengler's Decline of the West?
>>
>>138653743
Don't you think it was a bit conceited to assume that all I read is wikipedia? Good lord....
>>
>>138654191
Funny thing is, the first Albanologist was not an Albanian. It was a Swede
>>
>>138654379
He was a Swede*
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.