[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else a felon on /pol/? Believe it or not but a few lurk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (134KB, 1639x1159px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 1639x1159px
Anyone else a felon on /pol/? Believe it or not but a few lurk among us.
Aggregated assualt, did 4 years back when I was 17. Still can't vote and haven't had a decent job since. How can we fix the system for ex-felons?
>>
>>138607297

i'll bump your thread but you gotta tell us the story first
>>
>>138607297
Stop breaking the law.
Nobody feels sorry for you but yourself.
>>
>>138607297
You're a nigger aren't you?
>>
>>138607297
You don't, you are marked so that you don't aggravated assault the old woman you end up working for if there wasn't a system in place
>But that's shitty
So is being beaten to near death
>>
>>138607297
>>138607982
I don't like it
Guy did his time now he has the American right to full rights and privileges
>punishment forever
Fuck the goddamned old GOP for starting that fucking bullshit
A lot of ex-felons who are now good citizens would be a powerful ally to the the cause.
>>
>concocted of a felony at 17
What the fuck kind of criminal background do you have?
>>
>>138608042

anything is a felony these days

the system is fucked
>>
>>138608268
>Anything is a felony
Funny, I don't have a felony, and I don't think many other people here have a felony, so surely it must not be that easy to "accidently" get a felony. Especially aggravated assault
>>
I did 7 years for killing someone, been sentenced to 14 but was allowed parole after sitting half of it.

now i'm out for a bit over a year and back in the game.
>>
>>138607297
4 years? Did you nearly kill someone? I've heard of people getting less time for manslaughter.
>>
File: cat11.jpg (120KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
cat11.jpg
120KB, 1024x682px
>>138608268
Keep rationalizing, I'm sure it'll eventually work out for you.
>>
>>138607826
>be me 17 in 1995
>sneak into a local shit county bar because dumb teenage brain and friends think it'd be funny
>get in and drink booze we snuck in
>another guy that was already trashed confronted us about our age and became belligerent with a friend
>guy grabs friend
>run up and smack beer bottle over his head
>didn'tbreak.mov
>body just sort falls to the floor, blacked out
>ran away
>walking home
>see car head lights further up the road
>COPS
>roll bye without light at first but noticed our young ages and turned around
>noticed we were drunk
>heard of assualt too
>eventually pieced it together after bar tender described details
But yea that's basically it. I did my time, I don't drink or do anything but it's just terribly hard to find some to look past a sentence. Prison was had a lot of nigs too if ha wanna hear about that.
>>
>>138607297
Once you have a felony, your life is fucked pretty much forever. And its EASY to get a felony.

I worked with a guy that sent out a joke picture of a dick with a tattoo on it, accidentally sent it to his whole address book, one of which was his 14 year old niece. Got a felony conviction out of it. That was 20 years ago. He has an ok job now, but if he wants to change jobs its going to be basically impossible (its a sex offense although he's not on the registry anymore)

It used to be, you payed your debt, you could go back to living. Now, any felony (an several misdemeanors) are basically a life sentence..
>>
>>138608408
throwing a water bottle at someone is counted as aggravated assault
>>138608732

oh I don't have a record just saying
>>
We don't have the felony/misdemeanor classification in my country, but I got convicted for punching someone in the face (that's battery right?).

I'm 100% sure I would've been aquitted in the US since I was actually defended myself. The person I punched was drunk, agressive and very provocative. He stole from me and then grabbed me by my clothes, so I lashed out. It was a good hit so I wounded him.

But in this pathethic joke of a cuck country you're not allowed to defend yourself. The judge was pretty pissed that I threw that punch even though my lawyer and I explained the situation. She screwed me over and gave me community service. If I "misbehave" again they'll send me to jail.

Meanwhile jihadists that returned from Syria are running around free, rapists only get a 3y prison sentence.
>>
File: gatesmug[1].jpg (207KB, 665x468px) Image search: [Google]
gatesmug[1].jpg
207KB, 665x468px
>>138608408
>US has the highest prison population in the world
>No ex cons are on /pol/

Lots people have records.
>>
70millionjobs.com

It's a job marketplace for people with felonies.
>>
>>138607297
>Aggregated assualt,
On what, the English language?
>>
I had burglary charges that got nolled and took two years to get expunged. The charges are officially gone, but now any employer that googles me sees my mugshot and the news story. You're basically guilty forever now because of the internet.
>>
>>138608825
Geez, just throwing objects at others is a crime! How unfair.
What could I possibly do to avoid being charged with such an offense?
>>
>>138608216
>>138608755
>>138608647
I believe the judge wanted to make an example out of me, the man also ending up to need surgery.
>>138608042
I'm white
>>
>>138609019
ive done lots of time.
>>
>>138608825
>throwing a water bottle at someone is counted as aggravated assault

Really? Wow.

The US criminal justice system is just strange to me. On the one hand you have the extreme puritanist culture of draconian rules, incarceration bent on punishment and not rehabilitation; but on the other hand the US gives its citizens a very broad mandate to stand their ground and use force to do so
>>
>>138608765
Get diagnosed with a mental disorder and they sponge that shit from your record. ;)
>>
>>138609095
kek'd
>>
>>138609265
>/pol/ lawyer

Nah, doesn't work like that. In fact it could even work against you.
>>
File: 1502208453497.gif (702KB, 177x200px) Image search: [Google]
1502208453497.gif
702KB, 177x200px
>>138609095
sick burn manny. topkeks
>>
>>138609248
Let's hear about it.
>>
>>138609263
>US gives its citizens a very broad mandate to stand their ground and use force to do so
If you have money to get a lawyer you do.

If your poor, you're fucked.
>>
Shit man, you should've gotten a damn good lawyer. I spent something like 10k to get off of a felony bribery charge (I had a BAC of .28) so I had a valid excuse that I was mentally impaired. My other friend had to get the Governor to expunge his record for coke possession. You might want to research ways to get your records expunged.
>>
>>138609265
What you're diagnosed with doesn't matter. No one gives a shit unless you're so insane that you attempt to plead insanity or diminished capacity to a crime, in which case you'd be sent to a secure psychiatric facility. Your sentence isn't fixed there, it's basically when they decide you're stable enough, which happens to be never most of the time.
>>
>>138608755

good old white on white crime.

that wasn't very exciting OP. if you'd like to capture the hearts and minds of this here basket weaving forum i'd suggest some minor embellishments.
>>
>>138607982

There are too many laws. You probably broke three or four laws in between taking your morning piss and leaving the house without even knowing it. Cops just arrest everyone now anytime there is any sort of altercation without considering self defense. The law in most states says that you cannot use deadly force against somebody who is trying to steal from you. So, some nigger can walk up to you and steal your phone and as long as he doesn't assault you while doing it you cannot use any force against him to get your phone back. Another fun area of the law is the occupation of a dwelling. In some parts of the country the niggers have gotten wise to this area of the law. In fact what they are doing is finding homes of people who are on vacation, picking the locks, moving in, and changing the locks. When the owner gets back to the house it is illegal for them to evict the new occupant using force, even though they simply broke into the house and decided there were going to live there. You can't kick down the door to your own house and forcefully kick out a nigger who decided to squat. The laws are completely cucked on purpose to destroy the individual's ability to act in self-defense or self-interest.
>>
Or just try to create your own business instead of trying to find employment from someone else. Many felons go on to become rich because they were denied slave labor and became entrepreneurs.
>>
>>138608755
post some prison stories
>>
>>138607297
Crippled a guy that was attacking my dog ten years ago. Served seven years. Since it was self-defense, I still had the opportunity to find a job. But man, entering at 19 is sad.
>>
>>138608765
bullshit, in almost every state, after ten years or so you can get your record sealed and get you info deleted from law enforcement data bases. the only way anyone can look at your court file is if the judge orders it unsealed for good cause you are then legally entitled to answer a question, even under oath, that the incident never occurred
>>
>>138608765
That's the story I would go with if I sent a 14 year old a picture of my dick.
I know a guy with a similar story, but he said the 14 year old got his phone and sent it to herself.
If it wasn't his dick and he did send it to everyone, no way a jury gives him a felony. People just aren't that dumb.
>>
>>138609147

Stay in your moms basement and post on /pol/?
>>
>>138609751
More rationalizing. Are you trying to convince me or yourself?
>>
>>138608755
I feel like being a teenager you have to be lucky as fuck to not get caught doing anything. I did the most degenerate shit as a kid but never got caught doing it.
>>
>>138610103
if you dont get a good lawyer, a jury will believe anything they tell them. the public defenders suck
>>
>>138607297
um, maybe try not to be a criminal in the first place?
>>
>>138610305
there is no way they can catch even 20% of lawbreakers, the point of the law is to punish the ones they do catch to make an example
>>
>>138609953
Wow dude. How bad did you hurt the guy

And Western Europe is just a commie hellhole. No police protection and if you defend yourself they come down hard on you
>>
>>138610103
Except he went to court and showed evidence that EVERYONE on his addy list got sent the picture, even his mother.

>No way a jury would give him a felony
It's not up to the jury to determine what the crime is, its up to them to determine if they committed the crime. I've sat on 2 juries, If your doing your job as a juror, you can't say "hey I don't agree with this law, therefore they aren't guilty" its not how it works.

The law is very clear, its not about intent to send its about sending. It's like if they find CP on your computer. Possession is the crime, not intent.
>>
>>138610504
Broke left knee and left wrist with a big wooden stick. He tried to have my dog euthanazied right after this because "he bit him!", but since it was a rescue dog with no history of violence, pupper had a good long life at my grandparents' in Normandy. The really sad part about this is that I didn't get to see him until he died.
>>
>>138610555
that is where you are wrong. the jury can absolutely do that, it is called jury nullification. a smart lawyer will press as hard as he can for jury nullification, all the judge could really do is call a mistrial, but once a jury makes a verdict, there is nothing the prosecution can do but appeal, and they do not often appeal jury verdicts
>>
Just work construction. I know many people who have done time and have six figure jobs now as steelworkers, carpenters, concrete finishers, etc. Kind of have to be in a big city for that though, with a booming construction sector.
>>
Got a DUI, blew a .18 and thank God that's still a misdemeanor.

Nobody hurt, crashed through a guard rail. Hadnt drank in 5 hours but Im a lightweight and had been up for about 20 hours.

I learned my lesson. An entire year of not being able to drive sucked dick.
>>
>>138608755
Idiot.
>>
>>138607297
In 1998 I was 19
Manufacturing of a Controlled substance with intent for distribution.
I literally grew one pot plant.
It was 6 inces tall.
It belonged to my girlfriend.
Took a plea bargain to avoid prison time.
She let me take the heat.
Now in 2017 I own a state licenced marijuana farm in Oregon.

Still a felon.
>>
>>138609019
he looks strikingly similar to kurt cobain's teenage arrest photograph. except kurt wasn't smiling, because he was poor.
>>
File: 1502279622293.png (28KB, 256x352px) Image search: [Google]
1502279622293.png
28KB, 256x352px
Never been caught
>>
>>138610689
Seven years for that? Those aren't injuries that stick to a person all his life. God damn it Moroccans with 30 counts of robbery get less than you here

Since you were just 19, were you able to study in prison? How was your prison time?
>>
>>138610723
Interesting. They never discussed it either trial I was on, and I've even heard of it. I doubt many juries are even aware that is an option. Which is another problem in of itself.
>>
File: 1502315590772.jpg (29KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1502315590772.jpg
29KB, 960x540px
So how do you convicts feel about Hillary Clinton getting away with storing top secret emails on a private server?
>>
File: 1483579729277.png (938KB, 1259x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1483579729277.png
938KB, 1259x1600px
>>138609818
>be me fresh 18 year old in prison
>have no money
>its a pretty big jail, lots of nigs and various scum all in one place
>waiting in line at the cafeteria one evening
>looking at this big nig in front of me
>he looks like hes on some shit, heroin or something
>another sketchy lanky black guy walks up on big nig
>slips shank into his side in what could of been only seconds
>big nig grabs lanky spankey by the arms as he goes down
>big nig is bleeding all over the place
>guards come and break it up
>didn't eat.
>>
>>138610880
Surprised they allow you to get a licence. (I think its a good thing that you do)

You can't get a job in ANY pharma company if you have a record. Even a low level possession charge. They won't even let you mop the floor as a contractor.
>>
T b h I have no idea how the court system works. How the fuck are you supposed to know a good lawyer from a bad one? Go on yelp? What even makes a "good" lawyer?
>>
>>138607297

Felon sex offender best of both worlds.
>>
>>138611009
He was a recently-immigrated muslim and my brother did Time for a racist aggression, they linked the two of us on this. I did study network engineering in prison. Everyone was friendly to me, let aside muslims who only tried to have me convert !
>>
>>138611272
The way America is, how do you not wake up and not kill yourself every day? I mean doesn't matter what actual crime you committed, any sex offense they automatically lump you in with child molesters.
>>
>>138608755

wtf is up with our prison system, hit a guy during a bar fight should be like 2 weeks in jail at the most.

Did you turn him into a potato?
>>
>>138611272
Alright you gotta share the story now.
>>
>>138611272
I worked with a guy who was a previously registered sex offender, but somehow had been taken off the registry (the public record of deregistering was how I found out), but he still lived out in the sticks. Any idea how this is "arrangement" is possible?
>>
>>138610689
Sounds like the dog probably did bite him and you overreacted desu.
>>
>>138611430
>The way America is, how do you not wake up and not kill yourself every day? I

I just don't tell anyone and go on with my life like it never happened.
>>
Just join the military.
>>
>>138611547
>Alright you gotta share the story now.

Pinched a high school girl.
>>
>>138611302
I feel really bad for you man. How are you still able to work and pay taxes in France? I would just move to a better country.
>>
>>138611585
He did bite him because he was throwing bricks at him in my backyard

Different ID, I'm walking my new pupper
>>
>>138607297
Too much variation from state to state for anyone here to propose a fix. Voting is up to your state. Expungement is up to your state.

On the Federal side, you could get a job a non-LEO/IC job, but you can't join the military, which is the usual way in.

Contrary to popular belief, not everything is a felony. But everyone is a felon. A survey published in the 1940s showed 99% of anonymous New Yorkers admitted to committing at least one felony. Most people simply don't realize that many of the little "tricks" they use throughout life carry a maximum sentence of one year or more in prison.
>>
>>138611681
Well I'm Living in the countryside now, it is cheaper and quieter!
>>
>>138611561
>I worked with a guy who was a previously registered sex offender

It's pretty dumb if he went around telling people.
>>
>>138609751

I am pretty sure my family would help me solve this problem by making it disappear.

I am 90% certain the 30 year old guy that got my 14 year old cousin pregnant is buried somewhere in the woods.
>>
>>138607297
Looks like your life lie in the French Legion now...
>>
>>138610555
But it's up to a jury to convict on felony charge. Jury nullification is a real. So let me get this straight, you listened to the man, sat still and put some guy in prison, "cause well rules are rules"
I stand corrected. I'm staying away from juries.

Also, send me a link to that guy's court record.
>>
>>138608755
>be me 17 in 1995
Hi grandpa
>>
>>138608755
I don't get why your drinking age is so fucking high. Shit is bound to happen when you make it illegal for kids to drink.
>>
File: 3rnvk6[1].jpg (70KB, 577x396px) Image search: [Google]
3rnvk6[1].jpg
70KB, 577x396px
>>138611561
Depending on the state, its possible. Most have 10 years registry laws. Some states, any sex offense is life on the registry. Which is rather silly.

>I finger banged my 15 years old g/f when I as 18.

CHILD MOLESTER FOR LIFE!!!
>>
We do a really bad job of reintegrating former prisoners after they served their time. If there was a private charity that would give bonds so that employers would feel more comfortable giving the ex cons a chance it would help. No one wants to be the first person to hire a felon, but if he has a 5 year work history of no problems it gets easier. Also since this is a private charity they could make church attendance a requirement to be eligible for the bonds. Also ex cons should probably move to a new town or city, especially if their crime was gang related. Dont need to be around the same people or in the same environment that got you in trouble in the first place.
>>
>>138608755
May you hang from the tallest tree, faggot.

You got what you deserved.
>>
>>138611805
He didn't, I found out from
>the public record of deregistering
after getting a weird vibe off of him and researching online.
>>
>>138611501
He very easily could have and mentioned that the man needed surgery.
>>
>>138611969
I'm not gonna dox some guy on here without his permission.
>>
>>138612181
Makes sense as I live in a liberal fruit loop state. Although I agree with you on a lot of these cases where guys with underage girlfriends (which are legal in most of Europe) are grouped with child molesters for life.
>>
>>138608765
Sending picture messages back in 1997? Dann son, that shit is bullshit.
>>
Did 7 years in HMP Manchester for importing drugges over ten yrs ago , it was ok although Xmas time can be tough .
>>
>>138609095
How many assaults happened at once?
>>
>>138612798
Haven't you seen the nude scene in American Pie? In 1999, they were streaming a live video to the entire address book. Anon is talking about sending only one photo. They probably couldn't even make that movie today because it would be "promoting cyber harassment against underage girls" or some stupid shit.
>>
>>138612953
Is it knowing that you're missing out, or the treatment in prison itself?
>>
Deport them to North Korea when they get out of prison.
>>
Not a felon, but, let's face it...

...when countries pass enough arbitrary and victimless laws, everybody becomes a criminal.
>>
>>138614223
Being isolated from family mainly, If you have a good Rep/dont take shit you ok in UK prison
>>
>>138608755
I don't know, it's hard for me to feel sorry for you. You don't smack a beer bottle over someone's head. Not when you're 17, not when you're drunk, not when they're "grabbing" someone you know. It's the kind of thing that disqualifies you from a lot of jobs. Not the fact that you sat in prision for doing so, just you have to be a particularly aggressive and unreflected and generally unempathetic person who didn't have the best upbringing.

Now I won't pretend to know what it's like to have a felony on your resume, and I don't know about the particular situation in the states either, but I want to go ahead and guess that is also the real reason you have trouble getting ahead in life. I mean did you consciously work on your aggression issues? Honestly really reflect upon why you ended up in jail? What's your level of education? Did you go to college or do an apprenticeship after you got out?

I feel like it shouldn't be impossible to make people look past the fact that you spent time in prison. But it doesn't "just happen", you have to really work on yourself and make it not matter, because you're no longer the same person that went to jail years ago. I don't think it's that people are super opposed to handing out second chances.
>>
>>138607297
Is involuntary manslaughter a felony in the US?
>>
>>138608765

just start a business. fuck a job anyway
>>
>>138609147

be a pussy?

fuck that
>>
>>138607297
>fix the systems for ex felons
Once a felon always a felon. You violently attacked someone and want a second chance? Youre absurd. If i had it my way all crimes would become legal, with the exception of violent ones such as theft, assault, battery, murder which would be met with a simple consequence of immediate execution.

Violent offenders like you are the problem. Want to fix things for ex felons? Practice some impulse control and think about your future you fuckin monkey. You dont deserve a second chance, just a bullet for acting like an unruly nigger. Society would be better off.
>>
>>138609764

this
>>
>>138610841

the tiredness is more dangerous than the drinking
>>
>>138617910

sometimes violence is justified, necessary even

don't be a fucking pussy
>>
>>138617910
>If i had it my way all crimes would become legal,

so much for "practice some impulse control"

durr retard
>>
>>138617910
Retard.

And also, what if a man insults you in such a manner where the only way you could preserve your dignity is to punch him in the fucking face?
Would you just walk away and live with the humiliation for the rest of your life?
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.