[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We Could Save The West Through Religion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: christ-with-lamb.jpg (64KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
christ-with-lamb.jpg
64KB, 700x500px
How do you combine science and religion effectively? The main reason for the decline of the western world is it's love of science. Let's say as a best example Islam and it's doctrine of not allowing people to leave the faith takes hold. How do we combine some western thinking with it? Could it be done? Can we invent our own brand of Islam? What about Christianity? Can it be revived at this point so it actually espouses conservative values again as a whole? Should we start a movement where the laws outlined in the bible are actually divine laws?

Thoughts? I really want to revive the west into the religious place it used to be but I'm not sure how to do it.
>>
>>138594596
Stop developing sciences like gender studies and do more math and physics.

Newton was religious and he was a great scientist.

If you can't combine religion and science, choose religion over science.
>>
>>138594596
https://youtu.be/_20yiBQAIlk
Science and religion do not conflict.
>islam
Is incompatible with the west and Christ. The Qur'an is a demonic plagiarism of the holy Bible.
>>
>>138594596
>We Could Save The West Through Religion
no but with fire and blood yes
>>
>>138594596
Fuck off.
>>138595138
>a Lewis essay
Ha, that's funny.
>Science and religion do not conflict
No, reason and superstition are very much in conflict.
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord2.png (581KB, 539x850px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord2.png
581KB, 539x850px
>>138594596
>>138595138

>How do you combine science and religion effectively

Paganism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84dwnPXD0LI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdI0QzcWfio
>>
>>138595616
your channel is shit
>>
>>138594973
In it's infancy yes science can exist within religion. However after a certain point religion and science cannot coexist because of opposing ideas. Like for instance religion is more likely to say "visions have a religious source" and science says "visions are produced by the brain". These two ways of thinking nearly contradict each other as one claims an outside source while another claims an internal source. So in essence science is eventually antithetical to religion.
>>
>>138595138
See
>>138595790
>>
>>138594596
Make this Creation Course required in high school alongside thst standard Evolution Course.

https://youtu.be/pW0FIs9-8No?list=PL02BB426EEB898F10
>>
>>138595159
Hopefully it doesn't come to that. However I'm starting to think it's time to go full old school catholic church.
>>
>>138594596
The only good religion will do us is set strict morals based on fairy-tales (it's my opinion, no offense), so people will eventually desert those morals when they see their religion is unscientific.
If we could instead integrate a culture of knowledge, including statistics on marriage, wealth, and overall happiness, then we could individually find and teach the right actions people should be taking in their lives to be happy and satisfied. Research and teach science, economics, politics, and philosophy I guess.
>>
>>138595655
>>138595753
>>138596026
ITT: Trip Fags and Atheist Kikes

Also, 18+ THE THREAD
>>
>>138595960
>nazi flag
>attacks evolution
Pretty sure hitler would send you to gas before kikes, m8. Darwinism is a fundation of race realism.
>>
>>138596315
I don't think we would ever be able to agree on enough things. Prioritization is key to morality, for that to work we have to have some unifying book. Like for example an adult is starving to death. Let's say this adult has a child. At what point does it become moral to eat a baby reasoning that if you don't the child will starve anyway if you're gone? Some people would say it's never moral to eat babies. Some would say that it certain circumstances it is moral to eat babies. Some would say we need to eat babies anyway to prevent mass starvation from population growth.

I think what we need is something like the Vulcans in Star Trek. Morality based purely on logic without any use of emotions.
>>
>>138597325
I agree we wouldn't have complete consensus on everything, but we shouldn't hold something like a book as THE TRUTH or infallible or unchanging. If anything I guess we could have a document declaring our thoughts and ideas for the world that we could change at any time depending on our newest insights.

The idea is to encourage debate and change, but for good scientific/logical reasons. I feel like if we have a non-changing book as a guide then people will start to develop something religion-like.
>>
>>138598321
I'm not religious myself. I just wish we had greater unity. I think I'm going to run with this "logic without emotion" idea and write a book or something. It fits my current situation because I'm on medication that severely decreases my emotions. I dunno look for a book with an authored named "Vulcanus" I think I'll use that as my name for the purposes of a book, I wouldn't want my name dragged through the mud because I said it was logical to be heartless.
>>
>>138599103
Sounds interesting, I'll makes sure to look for it.
>>
>>138600017
Emotion is the source of most evil. The ape does not always attacked because it is threatened but because it is compelled to do so by instinct. In essence emotion is instinct and inherently animalistic. To do away with emotion is to do away with the "inner beast".

Do you find any problems so far?
>>
>>138600326
Damn I just noticed an error.
>>
>>138596563
>race realism
*eugenics
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.