[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rise of ocean acidity

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8749.jpg (181KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8749.jpg
181KB, 720x960px
is the rise of ocean acidity undoubtedly caused by humans or is there another cause behind it?
>>
Yeah, higher carbon content in the air if I recall correctly. Whilst anthropological climate change is real, it's unlikely nature won't adapt. Rising ocean acidity is likely the corrective mechanism.
>>
>>138568604
There is an ebb and flow of ocean acidity which has a lot to do with algae. Btw, fun fact, algae in the ocean produce 70-80% of the planet's oxygen. An oceanic algae extinction event would kill most mammals, including us.
>>
the ocean isn't acidic and will never be acidic
>>
>>138568604

Birth Control
>>
>>138569474
This. Becoming less basic =/= becoming acidic.
This is why climate scientists are seen as fraudulent sacks of shit.
>>
>>138569620
To be honest the only way to get any money in climate science is to study "impacts" so if your study isn't aimed at providing supporting evidence for climate change, you don't get grant money.
>>
>>138569620
You never went to school did you?
>>
>>138568604
It's caused by the increase in Co2 concentrations. Google for the carbonate system, it's not difficult to grasp unless you are as autistic as I think you are.

Then the increase of Co2 is obviously manmade. Nothing on earth is burning shit as much as we do.
>>
What was a biblical act of God in the bible was really just him accounting to the prophets our various fuckups before Christ comes back to clean things up.
>turn the oceans to acid
>kill off a third of all fish
>drill into yellowstone to decrease pressure
>trigger eruption.
>>
>>138570817
If this is a serious problem why don't major nations focus on this irrefutable fact instead of rising global temperature? People have many theories on why the temperature overall has risen but I have never heard any counter arguments or theories on why and how the ocean acidity has risen. If it rises too much a major food resource is lost, and from the national geographic website "Over the past 300 million years, ocean pH has been slightly basic, averaging about 8.2. Today, it is around 8.1, a drop of 0.1 pH units, representing a 25-percent increase in acidity over the past two centuries."
>>
>>138570817
basically, why are people like "we shouldn't make deals to lower human emissions cause there's no DEFINITIVE proof that humans cause rising global temperature" but if it's undeniable that human co2 emissions are causing rising ocean acidity isn't that a more convincing argument to adopt low co2 emission policies?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.