[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good non-biased documentary for learning about the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 6219_tn.jpg (48KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
6219_tn.jpg
48KB, 728x410px
With all the events that happened recently such as charlotesville and all the protests and vandalism surrounding confederate statues, is it a good idea to watch this to get more insight on the confederacy? or is it Libby marxist shit?
>>
>>138563328
yes, its great

t. /his/
>>
It leans Liberal
But it was narrated and partly written by McCullough
David is a rosy, comfy Murrican who makes his money telling Americans they are heroes.
So it balances out
Most definitely a good place to start.
>>
>>138563328
>Civil War
Lol
>>
Nothing is non-biased. If you want to know the truth you have to read/watch/listen from different sources. It's like that koth episode where hank catches his son and joseph smoking. Dale gribble gives his son joseph the official governmental material about how smoking is bad and the studies done by the tobacco companies and let joseph make up his own mind.
>>
>>138563432
I would love this but it's filled with degenerate ''''''''''philosophers''''''''''' mucking up everything.
>>
>>138563328
>Ken Burns is a leftist lesbian.
It is a very good documentary. Groundbreaking in its time. Burns is a talented filmmaker. The series completely glazed over the Atlanta Campaign & March to the Sea. As an Atlanta native, I was less than impressed. Shelby Foote was the star of the series. His Trilogy is epic. Anyone with any interest in the war should own it.
>>
>>138563328
Stephen Ambrose is a guest in almost all the episodes and he was non biased and one of the greatest historians of the last century
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_E._Ambrose
>>
Its pretty damn good

Its worth the price of admission just for the opening monologue with Ashoken Farewell playing in the backround. I tear up everytime
>>
>>138564283
Stephen Ambrose on Lewis & Clark was incredible. He died in 2002 at age 66. Way too soon.
>>
>>138564308
>Ashoken Farewell
It's played 984 times during the series.
>>
>>138564795
I remember using him as a source in my history papers in high school 10/10 always got a's cause of him
>>
>>138563328
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0C-euAyCTU
>>
>>138563795
Of course you'd have to get many sources, but isnt The civil war by ken burns wholesome and well sourced?
>>
I'll bet Kenny Burns is ashamed of this movie now.

The film treats Confederates as Normal humans instead of Monster-nazis. Ken's a super good goy, but the culture shifted so quick even he is looking like a fashist apologist.
>>
>>138563328
Its not non-biased but the worst offender is this retarded black historian chick that goes on and on about slavery

The rest is good.

Especially Shelby Foote; I think he actually was in the civil war.
>>
>>138564308
This leafe gets it.
>>
>>138566406

a while back, after the dylan roof thing, he said this exact thing. Hes such a hardcore democrat shill that his treatment of FDR as the second coming of christ was annoying in The Roosevelts. I expect his vietnam series is going to suck tbhfam
>>
>>138566738
>while back, after the dylan roof thing, he said this exact thing

What a fucking shame, you would think a guy that immersed himself this deeply in the civil war wouldn't be swayed by current hysteria.

How could you spend hundreds of hours if not thousands of hours studying the confederacy and not feel for their courage and hopes (even if you dont support them)
>>
>>138566738
>Vietnam: A Television History
>Vietnam: The 10,000 Day War
Those are the ones you should watch
Ken Burns needs to die
I bet GM is ashamed they are tied to him now
I bet the MacArthurs are rolling in their graves.
>>
It has Shelby Foote so watch it

Also go pick up Shelby Foote's complete history of the Civil War
>>
>>138563328
It's rated R for racist content now.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.