[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afghanistan War - U.S. Far Eastern Campaign

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: zATtmrM.jpg (76KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
zATtmrM.jpg
76KB, 900x600px
> Well, looks like we are not done with Afghanistan. President Trump and his Generals have come to the conclusion that we have already invested too much, and to pack up and leave would be catastrophic. ISIS and the Taliban have taken up a joint campaign against U.S. and NATO forces, and are pushing hard before winter hits. An estimated 45,000 U.S. personnel could be deployed to Afghanistan by mid 2018.

So, Boys, how do we turn the tide in Afghanistan and slaughter the Islamic forces?

Personally, I believe we need to put the hammer down on Pakistan. We should start funding Indian militants to give Pakistan the same trouble they are giving us. Then we level each and every village/Town that ISIS/Taliban forces control, inside Afghanistan.

>inb4 that's fucking genocide

It's been 16 years and we haven't done jack fucking shit! The hearts and minds tactics is a bunch of cocksuckin liberal bullshit that needs to end right fucking meow. We didn't win WW2 by winning the hearts and minds of Germans and Bucktooth slope-eyed, Nips. We fucking killed a shit ton of them until they gave up!

We need to go back to our WW2 ideology and cockstrangle every single non-American that gets in our way! That includes the fucking British, and Canadians!

Take a look at this video. If you were the cameraman, what do you think would help you effectively kill the enemy more efficiently?

> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2SWWDt8Wg
>>
File: 1503374412328.png (573KB, 1284x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1503374412328.png
573KB, 1284x1112px
>>138562577
>So, Boys, how do we turn the tide in Afghanistan and slaughter the Islamic forces?

Where did everything go so wrong for this board?
>>
Personally, I think the most effective thing we could do to increase out success rate is to improve our technology.

A full ballistic covered helmet, with top tier built in communications, plus a visor that can display friendly and enemy targets. Not to mention the head is the most important part of the body, so it would make sense to dedicate a lot of money for a single top tier combat helmet, as opposed to a full body Kevlar suit.
>>
>>138562636
This, i cry daily begging for /new/ to return
>>
>>138562979
Ballistic masks make the damage go to the spine. You dont want to absorb you want to deflect

Moron
>>
>>138562636

Nazis don't exist anymore you stupid fag. They haven't since 1945. Go get hit by a car.
>>
File: odst1.jpg (190KB, 1230x765px) Image search: [Google]
odst1.jpg
190KB, 1230x765px
>>138562979

Try wearing a helmet capable of stopping a rifle round and the batteries needed for all that shit with a full combat ruck for weeks at a time.

Sure, it could be useful for conventional force-on-force encounters, but as an occupying force that needs to be vigilant 24/7 it could be overly cumbersome.

Not that I entirely disagree with you. We ODST now
>>
>>138563635

You stupid bitch. Plenty of soldiers have been shot in the helmet and their spines were not fucking broken...
>>
>>138562979
yep that's it, that's whats going to win us afghanistan, fucking halo helmets.
>>
>>138563981

That's a simple technology that is already being developed. Just look at a fucking iPhone and nano tech. You could easily power a helmet to last long enough for operations and HVT raids. Just long enough to get the mission done. Plus in 5 years, the life of that battery will be extended threefold.
>>
>>138564304

What do you see in that video? Marines firing 100s of rounds into a hillside, not knowing are they are hitting.

Can you imagine if each and every soldier knew EXACTLY what to shoot at? If they knew exactly how many enemies are attacking and from which direction. It would increase the lethality of our industry by God fucking knows how much. Not to mention it would cut down on friendly fire incidents.
>>
Not a blank check policy
>>
>>138564880
>>138564620
This has to be a troll ... oh wait, we're on /pol/ where "I think there's a simple solution to these really complex problems I don't understand" is the winning ideology.

Okay, HOW are the soldiers supposed to know "exactly" what to shoot at? Let's say you go with heat signatures ... how are you supposed to distinguish between an enemy and a civilian? Or a cow? Or an explosion? Let's assume there's a camera on all parts of the soldier's body (adds cost, complexity, and weight to kit) then how are they supposed to know what direction a threat is coming from so they can respond quickly enough?

Why waste R&D on trying to make combat deployments (99% of which is marching around and waiting with zero fighting) more like a video game when you could instead develop lighter gear, better training, or a better way to keep troops well-fed?
>>
>>138562636
I don't know why I still come here. You can tell reddit has taken over because everything is shit. Not just the politics but the general sense of humor. There is no self-awareness anymore. Is there another site that old /pol/ has gone to?
>>
>>138562577
Now the question is

Why
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.