[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /pol/, will Chicago end up as another Detroit or will manage

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 32ikImUf.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
32ikImUf.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
So /pol/, will Chicago end up as another Detroit or will manage to escape that fate?
>>
>>138412150
At this rate how could it not
>>
demographics have never lied
>>
Is it officer robert hours yet?
>>
Nah Chicago isn't a "one industry" town. But the whole state of Illinois has been fucked to death by unions (especially public sector ones). Chicago will only fail when the whole state does.
>>
>>138412522
>Nah Chicago isn't a "one industry" town.

It's operating on a sports team and pizza based economy

And you wonder why it's nigger central
>>
Chicagoanon here, you're already seeing the white flight. A couple rich whites all flocked to the city, but all the middle class whites are leaving the suburbs for Indianapolis. Once we're gone, the rich cant keep using the cops our tax dollars pay for to stay safe from the niggers our tax dollars give welfare. It'll be a bloodbath, and the few surviving rich whites will probably go to indy and fuck that place up too.
>>
File: 1452226330215.jpg (44KB, 389x366px) Image search: [Google]
1452226330215.jpg
44KB, 389x366px
https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170820/west-pullman/chicago-shootings-murders-gunshots-7-dead-34-shot-1-day

I want off this ride.
>>
>>138413055
>Indianapolis
Does the city have some sort of economic boom or so? Haven't heard much about that place lately
>>
File: 101166-004-CCEFA188.jpg (49KB, 550x377px) Image search: [Google]
101166-004-CCEFA188.jpg
49KB, 550x377px
>>138412150
It's gonna be Detroit on steroids. Looking forward to Great Chicago Fire 2: Backdraft Boogaloo.
>>
>>138413456
There's an economic boom because it's a safer place to live and there's less taxes for businesses.
>>
>>138412648
Actually, the demographics of Chicago have been improving and gentrification is beginning to cause the Revrunds & Co to start panicking about affordable housing. You've got a lot of business that has moved in, the rich areas have skyrocketed, a lot of the old shitty neighborhoods in the core have become saturated with Yuppies, the next ring out has all the middle class folks that work the restaurants, bars, dealerships, etc that serve the new money rolling through.

True story: about thirty years ago my parents bought a house. Modest four bedroom, standard lot, white blue collar neighborhood on the North Side. They did about what you'd expect a middle class couple to do as they raised kids: kitchen has granite and pendant lights, basement got finished, bathrooms got a facelift, cheap jacuzzi. They retired over the summer and sold. They listed it for around 600k, it was on the market under 72 hours, four offers, ended up taking just under 640k from a single woman in her 30s with 50% down.
>>
No. Right now Chicago is gentrifying all of the nig areas (west and southwest) but not really the south side as much. UChicago basically owns all of the land from the park to the lake, so it'll probably end up with essentially a runescape wilderness line where if you cross that you're open to gang warfare. The poor people being driven out by gentrification are already flocking to where I grew up (northwest suburbs), it's seen a large rise in crime rates after I left (around 4 years ago). Too much business and tech companies now in chicago for it to become like Detroit where as Detroit was based around literally one industry.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.