[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this true or just more liberal bullshit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_7363.jpg (180KB, 843x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7363.jpg
180KB, 843x598px
Is this true or just more liberal bullshit
>>
>>138377094
100% A grade stier poop.
>>
It's true but misleading in that they conveniently don't mention the fact that they were members of teams that were almost all men. It's like the token nigger being on the winning team and going, "I won!"
>>
>>138377094
>>138377094
Notice how they don't directly contribute any breakthroughs to them, it's just "her work let to this being done". They were probably the only woman on a team of 20-30 people and probably wouldn't have been missed if they weren't there.
>>
People don't know who Dennis Richie is either. Who cares.
>>
>>138377419
>part of a team
As in coffee makers, secretary and other minor duties?
>>
>>138377094
name me the men who helped create modern tech.
>>
>>138377094
>helped

Why does no one know the taxi driver who drove Bill Gates to work? If it weren't for him, we'd never have Microsoft!
>>
>>138377094
I also don't know the names of virtually anyone else involved in those things because I'm not a computer engineer or some weird subset of hyperspecialized historian.
>>
>>138377094
How many people know the names of William Shockley, Alonzo Church, Vannevar Bush, John von Neumann, or other ACTUAL pioneers in computer science?
>>
>>138377094
>pro-women WE WUZ memes are of the same quality as pro-nigger WE WUZ memes

Really makes one think
>>
>>138377094
did three women did that much for NASA?
>>
>>138377094
At least 3 of these woman were highly accomplished computer scientists however to state that Barbara Liskov's work lead to email and internet search would 99% bullshit.

I studied Computer Science and learned of several woman who contributed to the field, one of my professors was a woman who studied Logic at Oxford in the 70s, whom I had nothing but respect for. This #FakeAchievements propaganda does nothing but cheapen intelligent women's real achievements.
>>
>>138377094
>Literally 12 people compared to literally thousands of great men
>>
>>138377094
Grace Hopper wrote the programming language they used to get to the moon, the three black computers are being rewritten to get the credit
>>
>>138378792

Coffee doesn't bring itself. Can't work if you're sleepy.
>>
>>138378541
Most normies don't know anything at all.

Von Neumann is pretty popular though.
>>
>>138378792
no
>>
>>138377094
all of those woman were born before 1940.... what have woman done in programing lately... also all that pic proves is that yesterdays woman where twice the woman as today.
>>
>>138377094
"Made online travel bookings possible"

I mean give me a break.
>>
I can't speak for how much all those women contributed, but Ada Lovelace pioneered a bunch of computer programming ideas that we still use today. Woman can definitely be good computer engineers/scientist. They just don't seem to be pulled into the field as much as men. How much of that is nature and how much is nurture? I don't know.
>>
>>138377094
Lovelace and Clarke (first two) are the only legitimate big names that should be honored etc
>>
File: john von neumann.png (46KB, 829x892px) Image search: [Google]
john von neumann.png
46KB, 829x892px
>>138379131
>Von Neumann is pretty popular though
that's an understatement
>>
>>138377094
>my extensive list of male tech innovators
>>
>>138377094
Hopper/Lovelace are the only ones taught in school. The others could totally be made up.
>>
>>138377094
>3 nigs
>who is Wernher von Braun
>>
>>138377094
Rear Admiral Grace Hopper is a legend. Margaret Hamilton was crucial to NASA's success.

Jackson, Vahugan, and Johnson who were number crunchers. I'm not familiar enough with the rest of them. There is controversy about Lovelace's contribution.
>>
>>138377094

Liskov, Clarke and Hopper (MAYBE Lovelace) were moderately important and should be somewhat remembered.

That being said, nobody fucking knows who someone like John Backus or John Bardeen were, even though they contributed more to CS than every woman in the picture combined. Just propaganda desu
>>
>>138377094
true.
>>
women are capable of engineering and implementing/advancing computer science, but if I was a woman in my university eng program I would quit after having to be surrounded by the omega retards who take CS

somewhere, some femanons are doing sweet shit but they probably are never going to out themselves or they will get harassed by douchebag males
>>
>>138377094
I'm completely fine with their recognition. But that isnt what the left wants left wants in this case.

They will want them to be recognised at the exclusion of male programmers. They will call it 'equity', not 'equality', and belive it completely justified.
>>
>>138377094
i want to fudge margaret hamilton
>>
>>138379953
I hate women and think they're a net drain on society at large, but Admiral Hopper is one of the few exceptions to my worldview.
>>
>>138379304
This. They are fucking worthless liberal scum that swing from nigger dicks like Tarzan now. lol
>>
This post implies that everybody knows all the men who invented modern tech.
>>
Ada Lovelace did absolutely fuck-all.
>>
>>138377094
Pfft I can't remember these (((women)))
But I can name all the males who contributed to these discoveries off the top of my...

Wait, I can't. It's almost like the average person just doesn't care to remember long lists of names for research teams and these women are dug up and waved around purely so that people can bitch about men again.
>>
>>138377094

It's a shame women take lame feminist courses now to whine about muh oppression instead of actually going in those fields.
>>
>>138377094
>Lovelace
Way to make me drop an image so fucking fast
>Allan G. Bromley, in the 1990 article Difference and Analytical Engines: "All but one of the programs cited in her notes had been prepared by Babbage from three to seven years earlier. The exception was prepared by Babbage for her, although she did detect a 'bug' in it. Not only is there no evidence that Ada ever prepared a program for the Analytical Engine, but her correspondence with Babbage shows that she did not have the knowledge to do so."
>>
File: 1503254212759.jpg (78KB, 616x693px) Image search: [Google]
1503254212759.jpg
78KB, 616x693px
>>138377094 (OP)
This is bull OP. 99% of people don't know or care about ANY "modern" scientist besides Einstein, Hawking, or Newton. I'm tired of this propaganda being shilled everywhere like in https://youtu.be/sQ6_fOX7ITQ

ask anyone out of the blue who was the main scientist who led the Manhattan project. or the one who led the our landing on the moon. male or female, scientists in general usually get the short end of the stick
>>
>>138379576
>Understatement

Yup

>Day 1, Lesson 1, Intro to computer science

Von Neumann Architecture.
>>
>>138377094
women have always been part of tech, now stop pushing for more women on tech, there isnt any shortage
>>
>>138377094
Women did used to be programmers, but claiming that any of these were groundbreaking is a typical jewish lie. The nogs didn't do anything but check other people's math, and they weren't even the only ones that did it.

Of course, the real moral of this should be that before Affirmative Blacktion and the Jew's meddling with "diversity" women that had actual talent did just fine.
>>
>>138377094
programmers are shit tier scientists, they due our dirty work, I hate kike programmers who make all the jew money bitch faggot, jew have kkikery which destroys white crayons, these crayons are fucking great, just want to color the world qhite
>>
>>138380013
Nobody knows the real names behind the true inventors of the Internet.

Does the name JCR Licklider sound familiar? Probably not, but without his conceptualization of an intergalactic network of systems, we'd likely still be using analog everything right now thanks to AT&T and the military being stubborn as a mule.

And then that's discounting the names of the actual people who began working on the ARPAnet and creating it to fruition.

Only meme names are known. The unsung heroes remain unsung.
>>
>>138377094

Shit tier name, I don't trust the glorification of women on STEM. If they weren't famous before, it was probably because they didn't deserve to be. Faggot revisionism won't change that for me.
>>
File: sister.jpg (52KB, 700x441px) Image search: [Google]
sister.jpg
52KB, 700x441px
>>138377094
They left out Sister Keller. Now why would they do that? Really fires the neurons
>>
>>138380629
Yep.
>>
>>138377094
Wait a minute, I thought women were kept as slaves and forced to work in the kitchen by an oppressive patriarchal society.

Now you are telling me none of that was true???
>>
>>138378149
You mean Michaelsoft?
>>
>>138378792
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_computer
>>
>>138377875
Al Gore invented the internet. That's the only one I know.
>>
>>138379427

this

also - do you know how many people claim to have "contributed to the invention of" email, internet, computers, etc. etc.

basically if you were a racial minority and worked as a janitor at the place something where was invented - you contributed
>>
>>138377094
Only real woman scientist... well, mathematician... was Emmy Noether. Check her out. The rest is leftist bullshit.
>>
File: 1503186624235.jpg (128KB, 541x601px) Image search: [Google]
1503186624235.jpg
128KB, 541x601px
>>138379953
>Rear Admiral Grace Hopper is a legend
For making online travel bookings possible. OP's pic was made by a schoolteacher, possibly a nurse or librarian
>>
File: 1489541920836.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489541920836.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>138380890
>intergalactic
>>
>>138377094
Ada Lovelace was a glorified note taker who became a feminist sacred cow, some were probably worthwhile like Grace Hopper but also >>138377419 is right.
>>
>>138377094
Exaggerations of the importance of minor figures.

Why don't we know who they are? Because they were easily replaceable and wouldn't warrant a historical mention (except in very narrowly focused studies) if they were male.

The history of science and technology isn't the olympics. We don't have men's and women's categories, so women only have to outshine other women to win a gold medal. If you're going to talk about science and technology honestly, you have to ignore the sex of individuals and just focus on the ones who did great things. When you do this, it naturally emerges that very few women stand out from the immense crowd of contributors.

Computer programming was initially seen as "women's work", like doing arithmetic, because it was seen as a mechanical operation of data organization and entry. When this proved not to be the case, men took it seriously as a career and soon their superior competence overshadowed the women.
>>
>>138378541
Von Neumann is a God. I'd say most educated know him, maybe not for inventing the CPU.
>>
>>138381715
Read and be amazed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._R._Licklider#Global_computer_network
>>
>>138377778
No, it's not fair to discredit them that much. They did contribute. It's just horribly misleading. Part of her code or helped contribute means she part of a team, a team of men who also put effort forth. I mean part of my code is in all kinds of shit, doesn't mean I deserve special place in history books. We also don't really talk about the men who contribute either outside of a few historical figures like Babbage or Turing, and ironically Lovelace who had a programming language named after her.
>>
>>138378149
Seriously, why did he name the company after his dick?
>>
File: johnson.jpg (20KB, 200x323px) Image search: [Google]
johnson.jpg
20KB, 200x323px
>>138377094
I like how Katherine Johnson is considered black lmao...
>>
File: 1466728675631.jpg (101KB, 784x736px) Image search: [Google]
1466728675631.jpg
101KB, 784x736px
>>138381948
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._R._Licklider#Global_computer_network
I don't see anything about communication between galaxies. Sounds like some Lickdicker misdirection.
>>
>>138377094
>Reducing Grace Hopper like that

It's right, but only just. It willfully ignores the fact that a lot of these women worked on teams as well.

There's two big things to remember: the nature of computer was radically different prior to the development of the microprocessor and modern RAM chips, and women stood out more in an environment where they were not overtly encouraged to do anything.
>>
>>138382304
One drop rule.
>>
>>138377094
oh great. hidden figures 2
>>
>>138377094
wow 12 people?!??!?!?!
>>
File: 05d.jpg (22KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
05d.jpg
22KB, 450x338px
>>138382527
>>
Liskov was a real computer scientist. Grace Hopper was one of the people behind Algol if I remember correctly. Both are known, but are niche personalities.

As for the others, I don't know. Given that they all were born in the beginning of XX century, there's a risk that their job was to load punch cards into a mainframe or something like that.

Anyway, praising someone for being a computing person and at the same time having a vagina is kind of weird. Of course there are women in computing. There are few prominent ones because there are few prominent computing people in general.
>>
>Mentioning Lovelace without mentioning Charles Babbage

It's like feminists are begging us to highlight their uselessness
>>
>>138377094
Don't you fucking dare talk down about these people. Ada Lovelace and Charles Babbage are like a fairy tale couple and the various other women are no different.

I especially like Babbage and Ada though. Her Father was a poet who was adulterous and her Mother in spite tried to purge her daughter of creativity by forcing her to learn math non stop.

She met Babbage who created the difference engine and they could both understand the implications of creating a programmable machine when no one else could.
>>
The imagine assigns too much credit with bullshit vague immeasurable terms.
>>
>>138382454
>women stood out more in an environment where they were not overtly encouraged to do anything.
There was a huge drive to make women productive for WW2, including exploiting the intelligent ones with whatever intellectual work they could handle, and it continued after the war.

Despite the ideal home life of the 1950s being presented as an idle woman supported by her full-time-working husband, the seeds of the 1960s sexual revolution were planted in the 1940s and 1950s policies of expanding employment and career participation by women, especially the most intelligent ones.

In the Cold War, it was seen as unacceptable to fall behind in science and technology by failing to exploit the potential of any segment of the population, so they were pushing hard for girls to be educated in math and science, and then go into careers.

However, in their careers where people were trying to get work done, they were judged by their actual results and treated with the reasonable skepticism of employers toward career women as to whether they'll drop out to focus on their kids, so there was a lot of resentment that their investment in education wasn't paying off as well for them as for men, who had more potential and therefore benefitted more from developing it.

Educating women causes problems, because it makes bitter, entitled women who don't want to face the reality that taking years out of their fast-fading youth costs them more and gains them less, and demand equal outcomes for equal effort.
>>
>>138383558
>>138383558
>>138383558

Who the fuck cares!? Normal people dont focus on whether someone was black, white, female or male.

When playing football/soccer/basketball, any solid coach I've ever had didnt give a fuck who you were, he only cared if you could do the job. If the team came out all white, fuck it. If the team came out all black, fuck it. No one except you liberal fucks takes race into consideration constantly, you are the racist ones.
>>
>>138384071
That's literally retarded. If I said "I don't see you as white or a man" you'd probably understand why it's foolish to not recognise the identity of someone.
>>
>>138377094
Grace Hopper was the only one with real impact
>>
This is how the liberals lose...

By beginning to think in terms of "who invented this?" or "which race/sex contributed the most?" they have played nicely into your hands.

Liberals have lost. They might not think so but it's already over. Their viewpoint absolutely cannot withstand facts, only forced consensus by threats to one's social standing and livelihood.
>>
>>138377094
All of this is a completely lie and despite that ada and grace are being pushed hardcore as womyn in cs trash everywhere (they have been since forever).
>>
>>138377094
All of these women were probably part of a large group.
Something like 20 men and 1 woman.
I don't know who those 20 men are , so why would I care about the 1 woman?
Feminism logic makes my pickle flaccid.
>>
>>138377094
Why don't we know about 100 million people who help build code of Microsoft? Lets name those 99% of men.
>>
>>138377094
Based black women put a man on the moon, and the media doesn't want you to know.
QUANZ
>>
How could somebody who died in '92 have created online travel booking? Consumer internet wasn't even a thing yet
>>
>>138377094
How can they not include Marie Curie?
>>
>>138380471
>lol
I could feel the inceldom
>>
>>138377094
True, but their contributions are exaggerated because the people who spread these memes have a rhetoric to sustain. For every one of these woman there is 10 men that have done an equally important job.
>>
>>138383389
Grace Hopper was the mother of COBOL, it was the primary language for business programs before the PC Era. She also coined the term computer "bug" (originally a moth) - she's probably the only one who belongs in that dumb graphic. She was demoted by fee-fees since she also had an honorable military background. That and the elimination of Sister Keller, first American PhD in CS, proves that it is leftist propaganda since the radical left hates any religion that's not Muslim or pagan
>>
>>138377094
>implying I don't know Ada Lovelace is the daughter of Lord Byron and the first programmer
>>
>>138379427
>Ada Lovelace pioneered a bunch of computer programming ideas that we still use today
List them and reference where she wrote of these concepts.

As an aside, Grace Hopper is basically amazing.
>>
>>138381862
What did she actually do?
>>
>>138378792
>Hidden Niggers working for MASSA
>>
>>138385669
Because Marie Curie is not ignored. The feminist argument is that these women are ignored simply because they are women. Curie's existence takes that argument down.
>>
>>138382527
Shittiest racial policy in the world, makes no sense
>>
File: Ada Lovelace.jpg (373KB, 946x861px) Image search: [Google]
Ada Lovelace.jpg
373KB, 946x861px
>lovelace
Oh boy this bitch every time
>>
>>138377094
Grace Hopper is an American hero.
>>
my first CS professor was a woman. she knew her shit
>>
File: 1503147330869.png (236KB, 806x752px) Image search: [Google]
1503147330869.png
236KB, 806x752px
>>138377094
At least Ida and Grace Hopper were legit.
>>
>>138377094
I looked up some of the figures there. Whoever made this image fucking hates Grace Hopper, and the image is for the pupose of diversity Pokemon points. Its actively stupid.
>>
>>138377094
What a ridiculous undersell of Grace Hopper
>>
>>138377094
Liskov is legit. Hamilton too. Lovelace on the other hand was a glorified secretary.

I don't know about the others.
>>
>>138377094
I don't know the men who created modern tech either. You only know about these things if you do research and have a want to learn.
>>
>>138377094
Lovelace was arguably the first debugger but babbage was the first programmer.

Also I doubt the average person knows more computer scientists than maybe neumann or turing.
>>
>>138387908
To be fair, Lovelace works show she was fully capable of discussing and describing the analytical engine, which is no easy feat by any means. However, to attribute her the invention of anything, or being the first at anything programming related, is to insult baggage's memory because it not only implies he apparently didn't know how to use his machine, it ignores the fact baggage had in fact made dozens of programs 5 years before the paper that these fuckers claim was the first program.
>>
>>138385669
>Women who helped create modern tech
>Marie Curie
>Modern Tech

You need not fear the burden about ever being on a male version of this anon.
>>
>>138377094

many of these if you read their bio on wiki , their biggest acomplishment is that they manage to get engineering and science degrees (and maybe get work at some cool place like NASA). they didnt really do anything special.

not something to be written into history about
>>
>>138377094
>Lovelace
>Rhodes
>Hopper
>Hamilton

are pretty legit. Hamilton especially, she was legitimately lead developer on Apollo navigation software

>Clarke

is mixed, hard to tell because a lot of stuff involving all of the English code-breakers is still heavily redacted, though she did win awards.

>Spence
>bartik
>Haibt
>We wuz team
>Liskov

are memes more than anything.
>>
>>138377094
>Nigger women
>made the (((moon landing))) possible

Yep, this is all bullshit.
>>
>>138386086
She was a career administrator who was very good at self-promotion and claiming credit for the work of the people under her, and positioning herself as inventor of previously-described and inevitable developments as the relative costs of computer time and human labor changed with advancing hardware (in fact, a lot of her influence was due to a poor grasp of these relative costs, so she was pushing to do things that were completely uneconomical for years before they made any sense, and having to be told "no" by people above her who understood the costs better). And yes, she benefitted greatly in her career by a desire of military higher-ups to promote women to serve as examples to young women to encourage them to study math and science.

>Grace Hopper was the mother of COBOL
That's a bit of an exaggeration. She was heavily involved in pre-COBOL programming languages, which inspired COBOL. She had little involvement in COBOL development itself.

>She also coined the term computer "bug" (originally a moth)
Nope. "Bug" was a term that predated programmable computers, having been used long before that in working out problems in complex electrical circuits. There was a natural transfer of terminology since the first programmable computers were programmed by wiring on switchboards.

While she was a competent and well-positioned administrator, she did pretty much nothing of note by herself. She was always working with a team.
>>
Women always want a big party thrown for them! Annoying
>>
File: 1484103010414.jpg (66KB, 515x525px) Image search: [Google]
1484103010414.jpg
66KB, 515x525px
>>138377094
ADA LOVELACE WASN'T A FUCKING COMPUTER PROGRAMMER I READ A FUCKING BOOK ON HER. HER MOM WAS ARTSY AND HER DAD WAS A MATHEMATICIAN, AND LOVELACE TOURED BABBAGE'S "CALCULATION" MACHINES - SHE WROTE DOWN THAT IT WOULD BE COOL IF MACHINES COULD ONE DAY PRODUCE ART.

THAT'S IT. THAT'S FUCKING IT. NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH COMPUTER PROGRAMMING. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE LEFT'S PROBLEM? I ACTUALLY FUCKING STUDY PROGRAMMING AND I AM SICK OF THIS SHIT.
>>
>grace hopper was a glorified webdev
lmao what
is this pic bait
>>
>>138389118
Lead developer doesn't mean shit. A few years ago the lead developer was a woman. She hadn't written - and hasn't written - a single line of code for years before or after that time. Because she was merely a wannabe manager (absolutely horrendously bad at it, too).
None of the others are legit. Hopper "did her job well", that is all. The others didn't even get to that point.
>>
>>138377094
It's called cherry picking. The single women on a team of 200 people that take notes from a screen shot from a vacuum tube is nothing.
>>
>>138390646
Eh... most of them on that list are competent contributors. Just not more noteworthy than equally obscure men.
>>
>>138389118
>Lovelace
>legit
>>
>>138379576

Von Neumann's ability to instantaneously perform complex operations in his head stunned other mathematicians. As a 6 year old, he could divide two 8-digit numbers in his head. When he was sent at the age of 15 to study advanced calculus under analyst Gábor Szegő, Szegő was so astounded with the boy's talent in mathematics that he was brought to tears on their first meeting.

The Nobel Laureate Hans Bethe speculated: "I have sometimes wondered whether a brain like von Neumann's does not indicate a species superior to that of man". Eugene Wigner wrote that, seeing von Neumann's mind at work, "one had the impression of a perfect instrument whose gears were machined to mesh accurately to a thousandth of an inch." Paul Halmos states that "von Neumann's speed was awe-inspiring." Israel Halperin said: "Keeping up with him was ... impossible. The feeling was you were on a tricycle chasing a racing car."

When George Dantzig brought von Neumann an unsolved problem in linear programming "as I would to an ordinary mortal", on which there had been no published literature, he was astonished when von Neumann said "Oh, that!", before offhandedly giving a lecture of over an hour, explaining how to solve the problem using the hitherto unconceived theory of duality.

>One of his remarkable abilities was his power of absolute recall. As far as I could tell, von Neumann was able on once reading a book or article to quote it back verbatim; moreover, he could do it years later without hesitation. He could also translate it at no diminution in speed from its original language into English. On one occasion I tested his ability by asking him to tell me how A Tale of Two Cities started. Whereupon, without any pause, he immediately began to recite the first chapter and continued until asked to stop after about ten or fifteen minutes.

And here's the topper, /pol/: Von Neumann was born Neumann János Lajos to a wealthy Jewish family.
>>
>>138377778
KEK
>>
>>138377094
>throughout all of recorded history, only 12 women were able to do what is considered medium-level technical work for men
yeah it's accurate except the black women weren't really black, more like 1/16th black and half cherokee and the rest irish
>>
>>138377094
considering windows 10's lock screen has propaganda about getting women into STEM, I think it's safe to say the shilling is everywhere.
>>
>>138391135
she was. people anti meme her but she corresponded with Babbage for years, and there's strong evidence she knew what she was talking about.

she was nothing next to Babbage - Babbage is legitimately one of the most under appreciated geniuses of his time. but memes like
>>138387168
are bullshit.
>>
>>138377094
well the three black women weren't ultimately that significant in the history of tech but have a hollywood movie about them anyway.

ada lovelace was a true pioneer, but she's famous as fuck.

margaret hamilton was kind of a one-trick pony who is nonetheless revered and dragged out in every discussion of women in tech

barbara liskov's last name is literally part of the SOLID acronym (L for Liskov substitution principle) that every programmer needs to learn (the only name in the acronym, actually).

the rest of these are literally ok-tier accomplishments in the grand scheme of things. made travel bookings possible? not really that big of a deal... they really had to dig deep to fill up this list.
>>
>>138377094
Most people don't know fucking anything about anything.
I know who Ada Lovelace is but mostly just because of Byron.
>>
>>138391487
>ada lovelace

i think she is a confirmed historical revisionism kind of thing. when you are a feminist icon. everything is probably a lie
>>
File: 1501435871227.png (4KB, 198x299px) Image search: [Google]
1501435871227.png
4KB, 198x299px
>>138377094
Literally the only people I know in modern tech are
>CEO's of large corporations
>Those two dudes who "landed" on the moon
>That's it

So likely I wont know the names of the women
>>
>>138377094
Literally all of these are blown way out of proportion. Women have contributed fuck all to Computer Science yet they sneeze and it's an international achievement.
>>
>>138377094
>showing liberal whores instead of real women like this
This is the problem with modern communism and liberalism they make up stories instead of showing real ones
>>
File: 1501545350986.jpg (161KB, 728x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1501545350986.jpg
161KB, 728x1484px
>>138387623
One of the best /pol/ pictures floating the internet right now
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 342x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 342x387px
>>138377094
>>138392425
Forgot pic
>>
>>138377094
the left would have you believe that women created every little aspect of modern, civilised society, but their husbands took credit for the accomplishments because of course the society that women built was dominated by terribly sexist men.
>>
>>138392615
Pretty much they highlight women who did literally nothing and then bleach out less well know women who actually did something
>>
>>138377094
Katherine Jonson is the only one of these women who did anything of substance and it wasn't that much
>>
if this inspires you or angers you, or any emotion really, you're just a fag

women dont really have many accomplishments, so they need to constantly virtue signal how good they are

imagine a kid who bullies people but is constantly telling people how nice they are
>>
File: Margaret_Hamilton_-_restoration.jpg (3MB, 2294x2853px) Image search: [Google]
Margaret_Hamilton_-_restoration.jpg
3MB, 2294x2853px
>>138377094
Margaret Hamilton standing next to the code she wrote for the operating of an Apollo space craft.

I dont understand why you are triggered by smart women. These babes should make your dick hard.
>>
>>138377094
>liberal bullshit
This.
the nasa women alone. 2 of them weren;'t even on the project, and the 1 left had blue eyes.
>>
>>138377094
The person who created that picture clearly knew who these people are. How do you expect me to believe these persons are totally unknown and never got credit for their work if that picture was able to be made?
>>
>>138377778
women aren't literally retarded, anon
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 300x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 300x399px
>>138393146
Pic related is one of the very few women who did something of substance
>>
>>138377094
Add Marie Curie to the list.
>>
>>138393293
What have you accomplished with your life? A pile of cumstained tissues doesnt count.
>>
>>138377094
>Helped
>Contributed
>Lead to
That's fucking why
No one celebrates the twenty people whos work inspired the person who actually achieves shit
>>
>>138377094

Liberal bullshit.

All their accomplishments were either

A) Embellished
B) Completely fabricated
C) Things that men were working on as well, but hey, we had a chick on the team, so I guess she gets all the credit for what the other 50+ people contributed as well, right?
>>
>>138390841
>a fucking leaf
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>138393288
>get dick hard
> implying those legs don't
>>
>>138377094
1 post by this id, please niggers, stop biting
>>
>>138392167
Care to link us your github. I doubt u have come close to the accomplishments of any of these broads. Those who can't do, criticize.
>>
File: IMG_0214.jpg (44KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.jpg
44KB, 575x556px
>1815 - 1852
>first computer programmer
Do they think we are that stupid?
>>
>>138394219
she was a programmer in her mind ;)
>>
>>138393934
Also found the roastie
>>
>>138377094
women are niggers
>>
>>138394219
>being this fucking retarded.
>>
>>138394679
Computers were first thought of in the 30's I believe and the first fucking computer was made in 1946 not 1846 and was called ENIAC
>>
>>138393865
>inb4 /b/ cum on glasses tribute thread
>>
>>138394677
No thats not how words work. Go back to school.
>>
>>138377094
Where are the images of the men that contributed
>>
>>138377094
Women were some of the first coders because typing and computer work was seen as a women's work early on. Being secretaries, data entryists, or keyboardists was dominated by women and these were some of the first uses for computers.
>>
File: 1280px-Babbage_Difference_Engine.jpg (236KB, 1280x926px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Babbage_Difference_Engine.jpg
236KB, 1280x926px
>>138394948
Automated computing was around before the 1900s. The original "computers" were rooms full of virgins calculating mathematical operations and performing algorithms. Pic related was developed in the 1830s. Much of the basic theory surrounding programming was done back then, and therefore it is reasonable to say that Ada Lovelace did, in fact, contribute immensely to computer programming.
>>
>>138394948
Omg being this American. The fact that a functional computer didn't appear till the early 1900 doesn't mean that programming concepts hadn't existed before. Search for Ramon Llull "ars magna". I love how sure you are about what you believe to know. What a fool.
>>
>>138377094

Missing the one who made actual contributions, Lynn Conway. Who, incindentally, was also trans. Kek.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Conway
>>
>>138391207
Yet Jews still need white assistance to protect their homeland, and take refuge in white nations.
>>
>>138377094
The niggies were just what they used before having calculators LMAO

Completely worthless and replaceable
>>
>>138380100
>t. disgruntled underwater basket weaving major
>>
>>138377094
Admiral Hopper's only contribution was travel bookings? Holy shit this person doesn't even know what they're talking about.
>>
>>138395650
>difference engine
>remotely equivalent to a turing machine
literally fucking kill yourself

don't speak about things you have no clue about
>>
>>138377094
>Her coding

LOL
>>
>>138396969
That's the biggest sin. When women get involved in anything, even if it's praising other women, they do it superficially. I mean, you're looking at a cartoon.
>>
>>138377875
nobody has the time
>>
>>138377094
>no Hedy Lamaar, who set up the infrastructure that lets literal wi-fi magic exist today
>instead we get travel bookings and the reason why my paycheck is always late
Thanks feminists
>>
>>138377875
Van neuman, conrad zuse, shanon, einstein (gps wouldn't exist without him, not to mention the bomb), hitler.
>>
>>138396969
also it's not like nobody knows who amazing grace is. she has a bigass ship named after her and some big university just renamed one of their halls after her because the old name was racist.
>>
File: 1484911107601.jpg (12KB, 255x217px) Image search: [Google]
1484911107601.jpg
12KB, 255x217px
>>138377094
>why don't we know who they are?
>lists their names, lifespans, and their accomplishments
>>
>>138393440
In comparison to men, they might as well be.
>>
>>138391436
>she was.
No she wasn't. She was an extremely bright woman people push due to a single paper making a claim that's proven false by the same sources claiming, often in the previous or the next paragraph.

Baggage wrote programs for his machines years before lovelace could even explain it's functioning.
>>
>>138381001
>but muh Handmaids Tale
>>
>>138377419
exactly
>>
>>138377094
Grace Hopper created COBOL and she's remembered for travel booking sites? WTF?
>>
>>138377094
>Joan Clarke was the only WW2 code cracker and the only one who was responsible for the saving of millions
oy vey, no love for gays or jews, no love for the likes of Turing, eh liberals?
fucking bigots and homophobes
>>
>Women.

>So smart they were coding before the computer was even invetered!!!
>>
>>138377875
AL Gore invented technology
>>
they maths was real damned good
>>
>>138400723
I am still angered at how they basically shit on baggage's amazing feats to exalt what would otherwise be a woman I highly respect.
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.