[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BRAND NEW /OurBand/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: science fiction.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
science fiction.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
https://youtu.be/MQ8Ve4xkOgw?t=40m34s

"Desert"

Last night I heard a voice that said this is the end
All my nerves have been worn to the threads
I only honestly have one or two left
I got my faith, I got my family
I got a wire fence around my whole stake
If I believe only half what I read
I got a reason to be dug in deep

It's revelation saying
Don't come running to me
When they're coming for you

I seen those boys kissing boys
With their mouth in the street
But I raised my son to be a righteous man
I made it clear to him what fear of God means

I'd hold him down on the Tompkins Lake
Before I ever let him go to the wolves
The path we walk is only narrow and straight
No son of mine will wander astray
Abomination

Don't come running to me when they're coming for you
(Don't come running to me when they're coming for you)

Last night I heard a voice that said, "Don't give up your gun"
They keep washing right up on those shores
Man they're gathering their numbers up
Those bleeding hearts come marching down my road
Well I'll be waiting right here at my door
It's a lie to say it wouldn't be fun
If you're joining them then I got one
With your name on it

Don't come running to me when they come gunning for you
(Don't come running to me when they come gunning for you)

God is love
>>
bump since I just want to hear some discussion of these lyrics. It would seem that the refrain may be talking against the voice of the lyrics, but if you take into account that he is simply trying to live his life, and that it's the "bleeding hearts" marching towards him, then it seems quite sympathetic to people like him. Even calling out these cray fucking leftists that want to impose their way of life on everyone.
>>
I also just saw that one of the track listings is titled 451, which must be a reference to Fahrenheit 451 the degree at which combustion of paper occurs and the name of Ray Bradbury's famous indictment of censorship and willful ignorance.
>>
Is there a non-violent solution yet, or is a massive conflict the only option?
>>
>>138347451
I think they're not /yourband/. They're trying to make a portrait of 'the scared white man', like a painter would make a portrait of a farmer or whatever. It's not an endorsement of their views or anything like that.

The lyrics "Don't come running to me when they're coming for you" mean that when shit gets down the antagonist (as in the person who he is talking to/about) won't get any help, since he closed his eye for the oncoming misery.

Basically, it's making fun of preppers.
>>
File: 1500306826074.jpg (470KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1500306826074.jpg
470KB, 1024x683px
>>138347451
Lets get antifa labeled as terrorists, official white house petition here:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-recognize-antifa-terrorist-organization-0

For those who don't know what antifa is, it is a far-left domestic terrorist group (only considered so in 1 state, for now) that is part of the alt-left and promotes killing cops, destruction of private property, anti-white racism, open borders, islamic terrorism and the implementation of communism thru means of violent revolution.

Read more here: https://farleftwatch.com/2017/07/26/far-left-militia-training-for-guerrilla-warfare/

Please share to all burgers! Share it everywhere!
>>
Deja>DaG>Fav Wep>Daisy

where does this one fall
>>
>>138350020
yeah, that's what i thought might be the case. but at the same time, I feel like they do a shitty job of actually making the character unsympathetic to anyone but the "bleeding hearts". + the character isn't really the one that needs to go running to anyone. We know, because they're already coming for him (and us) and we're not doing anything but "waiting by our door"
>>
>>138350020
I don't quite think you understand how far gone most people are. A lot of people will think the third paragraph is straight up hate speech against gays. In the same way, the first paragraph will seem to refer to some kind of 50's ideal, almost misogynistic.

>The path we walk is only narrow and straight
>No son of mine will wander astray

We might think this is something good, for most people this means "muh fascism".

I like brand new, but from their lyrics I'd conclude more left-leaning tendencies than right-leaning.
>>
>>138350475
>>138351059
meant to reply to you, mb.
>>
>>138350414
It's pretty good musically from beginning to end, but the lyrics are pretty hard to actually get what they're trying to say. I can't tell if it's an indictment of people like us, or those that we're against. I'm inclined to think the former, but the way they go about doing so isn't very good if so. As shown in example by this song. Lol, the genius.com lyric interpretation are typical faggot analysis
>>
>>138351305
lel lolgenius is actually autistic, pretentious people trying to sound educated
>>
what is Tompkins lake
>>
>>138351108
Yeah, I think you're right. Haha it's just so funny that what you said is true. I mean, the guy is straight up just saying he's going to be a father to his son. And that's "fascist". Anyway, I say we should co-opt this song and use it for the non-faggot perception
>>
>>138350414
Put Daisy at the front and youre good
>>
>>138351451
ahaha like the best indictment of gun culture is that the man is going to stand by his door and protect himself and his family? faggots are actually scared of this? I reckon fucking so. haha, when shit goes down, I will be playing this song and laughing.
>>
Oh shit new record nice
>>
>>138347451
They haven't really spoken out politically at all. So I feel like they honestly do feel this way, but mask it in a way leftists will like to keep them paying $45 for the vinyl version of this record.
>>
>>138352932
It's hard for me to not feel like this a bit. I mean. those lyrics are really just too transparent to say what faggot liberals are gonna think they say. The father with the gun doesn't run to anyone. He says he's not going after anyone. He's simply protecting himself and his own. It's almost as if the singer is saying that the faggot leftists shouldn't come running to him once they actually stir shit up forreal and white men really throw down the gauntlet and start doing something... Or maybe, the singer is really just a leftist idiot, I don't know
>>
>>138350414
It's got a lot of the darker elements of Daisy. That's probably the closest comparison in their discography.

It's good, but it doesn't compare to Deja or Devil and God for me.
>>
>>138350414
Honestly it's SF>Daisy>TDAGARIM>Deja>>>>YFW.

Making it to a /pol/ thread just shows how fucking good this album is. It's the tip top of news. Making it to /pol/ is like making it to Good Morning America 20 years ago.
>>
There's a good chance they are retards trying to take the piss out of anyone not liberal. Not saying they did a good job.
>>
>>138349841
Nope, it's pretty much gotten down to the wire
Sorry buddy

OP you're a faggot and brand new is emoshit that stopped being worth listening to in 2006, please kill yourself like many of their lyrics suggest
>>
>>138347451

I don't think they're conservative. But you should see the comments about this song, some of them think it's a satire piece of how the left isn't doing enough to prevent Charlottesville, even though this was written way before the event.

I think it's just a liberal piece.
>>
>>138350020

yeah basically
>>
>>138356533

Devil & God > Deja > SF > Daisy > YFW
>>
>>138357535
ejee

As for the song OP, it's p nice and honestly sounds like it's a social commentary on the bullshit happening in our country right now. Civil War is on the brink and it's terrible. Russia will take every opportunity to move in and strike when we're preoccupied fighting over stupid fucking skin color.
>>
>>138347451
They're just analyzing the stereotypical right wing conservative mindset. They're criticizing it. This is what they think is a 'closed minded' mentality, and that right wing men are just paranoid.

"I got a wire fence around my whole stake" = I'm afraid of the outside world and I don't want anyone coming in.

"I believe only half of what I read" = I only watch FOX.

Leftists think right wing men are paranoid and violent.
>>
probably not satire, daisy was pretty libertarian. Also, admitted influence from The Smiths, for what ever that means to you.
>>
File: 1499880113450.jpg (18KB, 400x314px) Image search: [Google]
1499880113450.jpg
18KB, 400x314px
That looks like Sweden
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.