[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove him wrong

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
14KB, 300x358px
“Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

― Arthur Schopenhauer, Essays and Aphorisms

Pro-tip: You can't
>>
File: 1342319500588.jpg (29KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
1342319500588.jpg
29KB, 490x333px
>>
>>138333195
>muh atlantis
-Plato
>>
( ( (Schopenhauer) ) )
>>
File: 220px-ArthurSchopenhauer.jpg (17KB, 220x306px) Image search: [Google]
220px-ArthurSchopenhauer.jpg
17KB, 220x306px
>When he was forty-three years old, he took interest in seventeen-year-old Flora Weiss but she rejected him as recorded in her diary.[35]

>But an examination of his life reveals a yearning for marriage frustrated by a train of rejections. In the year 1831, Schopenhauer fell in love with a girl named Flora Weiss. At a boat party in Germany he made his advance by offering her a bunch of grapes. Flora’s diary records this event as follows: "I didn’t want the grapes because old Schopenhauer had touched them, so I let them slide, quite gently into the water." Apparently, she was underwhelmed."

>While in Berlin, Schopenhauer was named as a defendant in a lawsuit initiated by a woman named Caroline Marquet.[31] She asked for damages, alleging that Schopenhauer had pushed her. According to Schopenhauer's court testimony, she deliberately annoyed him by raising her voice while standing right outside his door.[32] Marquet alleged that the philosopher had assaulted and battered her after she refused to leave his doorway. Her companion testified that she saw Marquet prostrate outside his apartment. Because Marquet won the lawsuit, Schopenhauer made payments to her for the next twenty years.[33

>Schopenhauer had a notably strained relationship with his mother Johanna. He wrote his first book, On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason, while at university. His mother informed him that the book was incomprehensible and it was unlikely that anyone would ever buy a copy. In a fit of temper Arthur Schopenhauer told her that his work would be read long after the "rubbish" she wrote would have been totally forgotten.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Schopenhauer

>died unmarried virgin
>autistic rage
>enlightened individual who don't need no society
>hated his mother

literally /one of us/
>>
>>138333296
Indeed, they can't look at themselves in the mirror. Everything is their enemies' fault.
>>
>>138333593
don't be so quick to disparage atlantis bucko
>>
>>138334056
legit
>>
>>138333195
> Continental Philosophy
> Not looking into group psychology or something more valid
> Not realizing that there are valid reasons people tend to find happiness, meaning, and fulfillment in groups/collectives like families
>>
Schopenhauer was Redpilled on women, I'll give him that
>>
>>138334917

He was an Elliot Rodger tier autist lol
>>138334056
>>
>>138333195
Lol, the faggit can't into logic

>People resort to national pride when they have nothing else to be proud of.

Ah, no sweetie, the fact there are people who are successful, have things they're proud of AND have national pride awesome proves Schponhauers assertion wrong.
>>
that is a lie tho

literally every human group is tribalist regardless of success except deracinated white liberals
>>
>>138333195
So is he saying that national pride ONLY results from doing shit at life, such that well-rounded people should never have it, or is he saying that it's common to everyone but is the only form of pride that a pleb will develop?

If former then he's retarded, if latter then not as retarded but still kind of retarded
>>
>>138334056
He didn't due a virgin. It says in the article he had many love affairs
>>
>>138333195
not an argument
>>
>>138334315
>>138333195
Arthur Schopenhauer on the Vedas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Schopenhauer#Influences >If the reader has also received the benefit of the Vedas, the access to which by means of the Upanishads is in my eyes the greatest privilege which this still young century (1818) may claim before all previous centuries, if then the reader, I say, has received his initiation in primeval Indian wisdom, and received it with an open heart, he will be prepared in the very best way for hearing what I have to tell him. It will not sound to him strange, as to many others, much less disagreeable; for I might, if it did not sound conceited, contend that every one of the detached statements which constitute the Upanishads, may be deduced as a necessary result from the fundamental thoughts which I have to enunciate, though those deductions themselves are by no means to be found there.
>>
>>138333195
Tribalism proves him wrong
Countries prove him wrong
Patriotism in general proves him wrong

As being proud of your country is a form of social cohesion that a shut-in retard like Schopenhauer could never understand.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.