[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marijuana and Mass Hysteria

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: weed-marijuana.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
weed-marijuana.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
I'm starting to wonder. Maybe morning /pol has better insight.
This article by Scott Adams made me think.
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/164297628606/how-to-know-youre-in-a-mass-hysteria-bubble

Marijuana is legal is MA. And it's a hallucinogen.
>https://www.boston.gov/departments/311/marijuana-legalization-and-city-boston

I've also noticed these protests have increased significantly, and all the hysteria in the US about seeing "Nazi's" everywhere. I think Scott Adams is right, and I think the comparison to the Salem Witch Trials is very accurate.
>http://i.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/9451953/Legal-highs-link-to-vomiting-hysteria

>Instead of relaxation and euphoria, some people experience anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic. These effects are more common when a person takes too much, the marijuana has an unexpectedly high potency, or the person is inexperienced. People who have taken large doses of marijuana may experience an acute psychosis, which includes hallucinations, delusions, and a loss of the sense of personal identity. These unpleasant but temporary reactions are distinct from longer-lasting psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia, that may be associated with the use of marijuana in vulnerable individuals.
>>
Is this "leftist" culture actually a drug hysteria? Is this like the Salem witch trials, but our society has a marijuana problem instead? Are these lefty states actually high drug using states, and that explains the appearance of the leftist?

>It is now theorized that ergot poisoning may have been the reason for the fits and strange dreams rather than simple mass hysteria.
http://ancientstandard.com/2011/07/11/salem-witch-trials-mass-hysteria-or-mass-lsd-trip/

Drug use is way up
>According to the National Survey on Drug Use, annual marijuana use by Americans age 12 and up in2012 rose to 7.3 percent, about .3 percentage points higher than in 2011 and 1.5 percentage points higher than in 2007.
http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2013/09/marijuana_use_increasing_in_united_states_study_says.php/
(2013)

>The report shows the prevalence of pot use increased significantly among middle-aged adults as well as among Native Americans and blacks.
http://time.com/4082683/us-marijuana-use-increase/
>>
>>138331863
And here's the archive

>http://time com/4082683/us-marijuana-use-increase
https://unvis.it/time.com/4082683/us-marijuana-use-increase
>>
>CHARLESTON, SC – Two new measures that would decriminalize cannabis and establish a medicinal cannabis program in the state of South Carolina have been introduced by a bipartisan group led by house minority leader James Todd Rutherford.
https://www.medicaljane.com/2015/01/26/south-carolina-lawmakers-introduce-medical-marijuana-and-decriminalization-bills/

Same thing in SC. These are high marijuana use States.
People are flipping out and literally seeing Nazi's. A few decades ago, people would be able to tell the difference between actual Nazi's and Trolls and Confederate Supporters.
>>
>>138331852
no, you fucking leaf shill.
>>
>>138332469

Do you smoke?
A lot of people smoke, it's a difficult conversation to have when there are probably millions of people smoking this shit.
>>
>>138331852
It's not due to weed. Boston/Cambridge is full of liberal college students with too much free time. Also, they started their march in fucking Roxbury. Roxbury, by the way, is where all our Blacks are quarantined here in the Bay State.
>>
ive smoked a lot of weed in my days and any paranoia i do get tends to go away when youre sober. also you do realize on it when you're being irrational, like say you imagine loved one dying or something. its really scary internally but you don't really externalize that unless you're having a full blown panic attack, and if that were the case whoever president is would be the last of your worries. and if you do externalize a dark feeling it isn't usually a full on protest, you just might talk about a sad thought with a friend or something.

marijuana induced paranoia is just a dark thought that flutters across your mind

you could be on to something and it wouldn't be shocking if it were a small factor in this hyseria, its always worth asking these questions. but if you do see high marijuana use in a state that thinks trump is a nazi, its because left-leaning states are the ones that are legalizing marijuana first, there are more people likely to admit to marijuana use
>>
>>138332792
I assume Liberal College students (and teachers) smoke marijuana. They are probably the organizers. Even one of the streamers said "This place smells like BO and Weed".

Especially the Antifa guys.

It's also popular among blacks, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the tip of the spear for the whole "we wuz" movement. That's rooted in bizarre pseudo science that really looks like what people think when they're high. I don't think their starting location would make much of a difference. When I say weed smoking, I don't mean they were necessarily smoking weed right there, they could have been smoking weed almost daily for years though.
>>
>>138333192
They would be out there protesting whether or not they smoked a lot of weed. My FB was filled with my friends from undergrad virtue signalling about how they were going to go protest fascism and hate yesterday and none of them are really big smokers. It's literally just MA being MA.
>>
>>138333192
>>138333292
The starting location matters because they never even got to the common and the vast majority of nogs in MA live in Roxbury. The protest had been hyped up as a neonazi hate protest for a long time despite being organized by alt-lite libertarian kekistanis.
>>
>>138332981
This, I had the same issue, I smoke weed and just get paranoid.
But these are groups of people that exchange thoughts online, the THC stays in their system for awhile. So they get paranoid about a Nazi take over, then they get confirmation bias because other pot smokers are experiencing the same hysteria.

It's pretty obvious to me that the guy waving a Nazi flag isn't an actual Nazi. I don't think people would flip out like this in the 90's, everyone would just laugh at him because he's obviously not a threat. A few hundred White Supremacists in a park are not going to do anything. These groups have had rallies for decades and no one has said anything.

But in recent years, people are just getting more and more hysterical. Blacks are also drug users as well.
>>
>>138333192
Our founding fathers appear to have smoked a lot of weed, as well. So I'll grant you that yeah, maybe these leftist agitators are getting high all the time. What force is causing them to go in a direction of evil rather than a direction of good, though? It can't be the weed if Jefferson was blazed when he wrote the Declaration.
>>
>>138333192
I'd suspect lack of proper education over marijuana consumption. I've smoked a lot in the past, I still wanted to neck half the far left activists and shove their absurd ideas up their ass.
>>
The hydroponic skunky varieties of today are too powerful for the uninitiated. Very high THC (the mindfucker) and low CBD (takes the edge off)
>>
>>138332732
I always get a bad trip (anxiety, fear, distrust, and panic attacks, everything combined) when I smoke marijuana, but I think it should be legalized as long as you don't smoke in public.
>>
>>138333377
Nice digits.

Are the professors weed smokers? There has to be some rational reason for this mass hysteria.
There was a Neonazi march in Germany and not nearly the same reaction from counter protestors
>>
>>138333955
No, they're Jewish. The media has been spreading hysteria for awhile now, and a racist is the worst thing you can be in America these days.
>>
>>138333501
The establishment is pushing them left. There are still agendas pushing them, but the marijiana use is increasing the hysteria.
It's not so much the average virtue signaling college students. It's the teachers smashing people with bike locks and random people being punched. People who really believe they are seeing Nazis.
>>
That's just the leftist media labeling everyone a nazi.
>>
File: 9812739123.png (520KB, 706x631px) Image search: [Google]
9812739123.png
520KB, 706x631px
>>138331863
here have an anecdote: before smoking weed i was a typical idiot liberal

smoked erryday for a few years

and now i am anything but liberal
>>
>>138334492
Yeah, but why are people getting so hysterical about it?
Actual Nazi's march in Germany, annually, and people are not out in nearly the same numbers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ZPs48rKhw

I think the average person knows that there is no real Nazi problem in the US and Trump isn't really a white supremacist. But you get these college campuses and their pot smoking professors preaching like experts because they are hysterical.
On top of that, things get worse because they can never admit they are wrong, or they'll look like they are actually crazy.

I wouldn't say every protestors is a result of weed smoke, but marijuana could be contributing to the overall picture and creating a lot of the mass hysteria and violence.
>>
>>138335145
>Yeah, but why are people getting so hysterical about it?
imo social media is the biggest cause of that. it's okay to have a liberal opinion on there, nobody will disagree with it because of fear of losing their job and the fact nobody disagrees further enforces the view.
>>
File: 1.png (163KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
163KB, 526x526px
I work a in a dispensary and have been smoking/vaping/ingesting cannabis since i was fourteen, twenty six now, and let me tell you.. i have never hated (((them))) any more than i do right now. Honestly I love my job but working with so many liberals is a hard thing to do, but my good amount of alt-lite customers help the days pass. In-taking THC is different per person and per route of administration. Also, weed is pretty much a white man's game at this point, sure you have some boom bap nygrs involved in it, but who do you think develops the 34% thc strains, surely not Negroids or (((them))). Cannabis has extensively more medical properties than opioids do. What I am trying to saying is that cultural marxism is causing a witch hunt, not the weed, but hey its just the opinion of a 10+ year smoker.
>>
>>138336864
If anything, i'd say weed gets you woke.
>>
>>138336864

That's cool, but I assume a lot of weed smokers are hysterical. I know a lot of smokers also who are very anti SJW and red pilled as fuck.

But I also had arguments with weed smokers who thought the KKK had a higher kill count in the last 50 years than ISIS...
ffs

I'd really like someone on the ground of one of these protests to do a survey and see if a lot of people are smoking weeds or taking some drug in general.
>>
>>138337462
Agreed. I would be highly interested in the outcome of those results. Perhaps weed, with its euphoric feeling allows you to alter perspectives and its up to you if you see the truth or just by into the (((media))).
>>
>>138337422
It must be like Alcohol though. It just affects people differently.
Some people get depressed, some people become black out drunk, and some people can just drink all day and ride a good buzz with little or no consequences.

Too me, at least, immigration, terror attacks, jobs, etc are real issues that Trump brings up that normal people want to address. But this Nazi With Hunt hysteria started growing even before the Trump thing.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2011/11/01/Does-Occupy-Wall-Street-Have-Drug-Problem

The media is certainly normalizing the behaviour, I mean covering protests is good ratings for CNN.
>>
>>138331852
I've often thought about this myself. Liberals all seem to have at least experimented with drugs at some point in their lives if they aren't daily users. Some of the most loud mouth insufferable types I know are potheads as well. Even if there is no link to hysteria, you still have to wonder about pot inducing complacency into people who then miss out on opportunities to improve their lives and then want to find someone to blame thus falling into the liberal camp
>>
>>138338150
It also kinda correlates with Gen Z being conservative, middle age people are smoking more weed:
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/18/marijuana-use-on-rise-among-adults

Teens are not:
http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/12/13/teen-marijuana-use-2016-monitoring-future-survey/69367/
>>
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160210112104.htm

> Researchers report an estimated 12.5 percent of adults living in the United States use marijuana, but this research also shows that the rate of pot use did not double from 2002 to 2013 — as had been reported in the fall — but instead increased by about 20 percent. Meanwhile, the rate of problems related to the drug has remained steady.
>>
>>138334966
Same here actually, it made me terrified of what liberal corporate democrats were doing to the future of the world for our children. Seeing antifa destroy a city while you're stoned is horrifying and repulsive.
>>
>>138333456
Honestly, I think this entire hysteria simply boils down do a craving of attention.
In a world where technology is improving and "distances" between people are shrinking, people know thwy could easily get the attention, praise, and support from millions of people for minimal effort. This is present on both sides but mostly the left as they desperately want to larp.
I think it's obvious to everyone here that people today do stupid shit just to get attention. It used to be making a silly video on youtube but now it's physically assaulting another person.
A lot of them also feel like they haven't accomplished much in life. So the opportunity to kill nazi's is irresistable since it's the "safest" opinion they have.

If there was a huge EMP that went off above the entire country no one would give a fuck and go home within three days because they wouldn't get the huge praise from press and peers for kicking some bald guy in the face.

All they want is attention. You stop looking and they stop caring.
>>
>>138331852
Exposer to weed at a young age can make you develop schizophrenia.
t. Drugged
>>
>>138331852

If weed makes you paranoid, don't smoke it and shut the fuck up about it. It's as simple as that.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.