[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they need 40,000 soldiers for a small town such as Tal Afar?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What is in Tal Afar that requires that many soldiers? On the map it looks like just another small town. Am I missing something? Also, why are the Iraqis not taking back their border with Syria?
>>
>>138318463
Maybe because there's 40,000 ISIS fighters there?
>>
Question would be best for /sg/ desu. Most likely they. Also upon looking it up the city had/has a pop of 200k, so 40k soldiers isn't the oddest measurement. Meme answer would be HURR IRAQI ARMY SUXX
>>
>>138318591
/thread
>>
>>138318591
>Maybe because there's 40,000 ISIS fighters there?
They estimate 1,500 ISIS fighters in the area.
>>
>>138318463
Because this is how non-whites fight anon.
They aren't very good at it, so they try to make up for it in other ways.
>>
>>138318463
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Fallujah

study this
>>
>>138318463
Its ISIS defacto capital now
>>
>>138318463
Is it happening? I thought they started the operation a few days ago
>>
>>138318463
How dumb are you kraut? As a rule of thumb, any offensive operation needs a 3:1 ratio to be able to succeed. Not to mention logistics involved with holding every house you take and doing house to house searches, securing civilians and taking them away to safety.

Maybe if you understood a thing about the logistics of offensive operations, your Fall Blau wouldn't have been such a disaster.
>>
>>138318779
Fallujah: 300,000 inhabitants
Tal Afar: 80,000 (mostly Turks)
>>
>>138318463
You need 4 times more men then enemy to achieve victory with minimal casulties.
You need much more advantage if you are an muslim. They are very bad in modern warfare.
>>
>>138318463
Because they want to take no chances and crush the ISIS fighters holding the town to basically finish its rule in Eye Rack.

>>138319116
Most civilians have left Tal Afar though.
>>
>>138318951
>Is it happening? I thought they started the operation a few days ago
It has started now. Troops are moving from the South West. Should be at the outskirts of the town tonight or tomorrow.
>>
>>138318760

Hohols source says 2000
>>
>>138319308
sweet
>>
>>138319359
What has Ukraine to do with any of it?
>>
>>138319484
Some people on here call http://isis.liveuamap.com/ a bad site and heavily favor https://globaleventmap.org over the liveuamap. It is a general dissatisfaction with slow responses of the admins at liveuamap to update certain Assad territory gains in the past.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.