[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was society and politics like during the 80s/90s decade?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 08nineties-master1050.jpg (267KB, 1050x943px) Image search: [Google]
08nineties-master1050.jpg
267KB, 1050x943px
What was society and politics like during the 80s/90s decade? When did /pol/ notice the major cultural shift?
>>
The culture shift happened in the 60's you dumb gen z newfag
>>
>>138277199
2001, then another shift in about 2010
>>
>>138277199
society was better and happier in the 90s. The 00s were noticeably worse.
>>
>>138277199
Times were good, looking back on them
People were mad that Clinton got his dick sucked, and OJ, but overall news seemed like a genuine distraction and thing to talk about.

Bush Presidency changed everything, with terror attacks and failed wars and massive natural disasters and global economic collapses filling the news resulting in the ideological death of establishment Republicanism
>>
>>138277199
The whole "PC" thing slowly started building in the 90s, and really picked up steam after 2000.

Other than that, I don't know of any other culture shift.
>>
2001 is the obvious shift, and i'd also say around 2005 is when the metrosexual acceptance kicked in. shortly thereafter gays were openly accepted, and not so long after that we now have the special snowflake society of 2017.
>>
>>138281418
Remember when TV shows could use the words gay and faggot as an insult and no one would care
>>
>>138277199
I think cultural shit was in the mid 60s to 70s. From there I think it spiraled
>>
>>138277199
I miss blobby, organic looking electronics. They were very ergonomic.
>>
File: 8MileEminem.jpg (38KB, 586x330px) Image search: [Google]
8MileEminem.jpg
38KB, 586x330px
>>138279490
00s was the era of wiggers and spics.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.