[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

poldare.com - Second Stress, Test Thread 2

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: web_noSound.webm (719KB, 1920x944px) Image search: [Google]
web_noSound.webm
719KB, 1920x944px
Please, for anyone that finds to like the chat give this thread a bump for people that are queued. Once it gets to few dozen people at all times will it be able to sustain itself (so that any time you go to try to chat, you'll get paired with someone within a minute or two).

I have to declare today's test a success. There were no big complaints about chats breaking up randomly as they had three days ago.

At this point, it could be safe for it to grow. If you have a political place (especially of more moderate positions), I'd be grateful if you spread it there. Also, if you have any suggestions, do say. I do have the most common ones on a to-do list already (explanations, tooltip for positions etc.).

Big thanks to everyone for previous suggestions and feedback on this.
>>
File: web_old_noSound.webm (764KB, 1920x944px) Image search: [Google]
web_old_noSound.webm
764KB, 1920x944px
Explanatory pasta for those that didn't see this before:

url: http://poldare.com

How it works:
All 14 positions are currently divided into 4 camps hostile to each other to the point a discussion can be had. I would recommend LARPing for a start if your queue is more than a minute since potential disbalance could occur. Once you get into a chat, it's pretty similar to omegle. 2 escapes to cancel a chat, 3 to return to "home". What the "A" button does I will let you figure out for yourself (see second webm).

This part is for /g/:
I do not recommend using it on small-resolution smartphones because I have not optimized the website for it. Larger tablets work fine. It is using shared hosting so host could bottleneck me if too many users connect, but the whole thing ought not to be too CPU-intensive for them. I do not at this point store messages - they are deleted as soon as they are read in order to keep tables small (unless in certain situations, such as other person disconnecting before the server detects it etc. - everything older than 30mins is purged manually). The only thing stored is the text from point of agreement (A button in chat, you'll figure out from second webm). I do not log nor check IPs in any way but I might implement it in the future for purposes of banning people (if that even shows to be necessary, and judging by omegle it's possible that it won't). VPNs and proxies work fine. If you are using uMatrix/noScript jquery and website's javascript is required in order to communicate with the server.

The future:
If you generally like it, I will make a simle app that optimizes the website for android and put it out there to reach more mainstream political positions. If it ever gets popular to the point where it could sustain itself, I'll get a dedicated server for it and introduce websockets which would introduce "the other user is typing" and instant responses (overall, smoother experience). I will also add the news sections etc.
>>
interesting concept. I posted it on a political forum I frequent. Might get you some more traffic
>>
>>138236860
last bump
>>
>>138237607
Thanks matey. The more different political positions it gets, the more interesting it will be.
>>
>>138237713
I'm just LARPing random ideologies right now. Queue for nat soc too long
>>
Nice try FBI
>>
On queues:
I noticed that some people try refreshing their queues, and if there is a browser issue the old queue will not self-destruct. People trying to join in will eventually get in their old queue and not be connected to anyone. You gain nothing by refreshing your queue. If you believe there is an issue try joining with another position on other browser* to see if it connects you. If it does, then there's just nobody new joining in.
*Different browser or new Private Window is mandatory. You cannot have two chats in the same browser due to shared localstorage.

On chats:
You cannot have two chats open at the same time in the Same Browser. The old one will just stop working.

>>138238239
See above. I often see people waiting a minute in queue and giving up, just so few seconds later someone else would try to join in.

I'm going AFK.
>>
Bomp
>>
File: redrightballoons.jpg (424KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
redrightballoons.jpg
424KB, 1080x1080px
>>138236574
>>138236574
NEXT RIGHT WING RALLY HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

FLORIDA HERE WE COME

thread here
>>138215412 → → → →
>>138215412 → → → →
>>138215412 → → → →
>>138215412 → → → →
>>
where is the kekistani alignment??
>>
>>138241753
Once there are casualties for kekista, will add.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.