[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for the /pol/ Nuke Dept

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hypothetically, the Norks launch a few nukes. And the Burgers try shoot the missiles out of the sky with THAAD etc.

Supposing they take out the nuke over Japan. Does this cause an EMP over Japan, jamming the grid.
>>
>>138230331
Depends, has the nuclear warhead detonated upon being intercepted or is it destroyed?
>If no detonation then no emp
>>
>>138230331
they will be shot down before they reach Nippon
>>
>>138230562
But wouldn't the THAAD bomb not detonate the nuke?
>>
>>138230331
No, the warhead is only set to detonate when it detached from the RV (airburst it ground burst). Even the explosion from the impact would not detonate it, as the explosion lenses responsible for the primary implosion are kinetically insensitive and need to be detonated simultaneously to initiate said implosion to bring the uranium/plutonium to a critical mass.
>>
>>138230748
Thats what I was thinking, the EMP could take out the Sorks and Jap grids like. Which causes the death toll to skyrocket with starvation etc from the countries geinding to a halt.
>>
>>138230331
Blowing up a warhead does not cause it to go critical. An implosion requires a very specific timing and a THAAD would break it from a side, failing to detonate the explosives around the warhead in proper sequence.

It will spread radioactive debris, though.
>>
>>138230331
No, the nuke would have to detonate for an EMP. If the THAAD just blows it up before the nuke triggers, there will be some radioactive debris from bits of the plutonium/uranium core raining down, but no EMP. Will piss off the japs regardless cuz they kinda butthurt to the whole nuke thing.
>>
>>138230776
it doesn't work like that you fucking dipshit.
THAAD isn't even a bomb, it literally shreds through the warhead.
>>
>>138230805
Ye yanks know too much about bombs. Thank fuck ye arent the terrorising Europe.

Would there be a load of radiation sprinkled all over Japan/ the sea?
>>
>>138230331

EMP won't take out basic power, anon.

Phones will die, but that's a good thing.
>>
>>138230331
No.

Very specific steps have to be taken in order for a nuclear detonation to occur. It's physically impossible to create a fission or fusion reaction from destroying a re-entry vehicle. Sure, you can scatter the physics package around, resulting in radiological debris within a relatively small area, but that's it.
>>
File: 1410832719944.jpg (122KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1410832719944.jpg
122KB, 720x960px
>>138230331
>>138230776
>>138231092
>>138231683
I've seen some dumb people around here, but you are taking to the next level.

Nukes are EXTREMELY HARD to detonate by accident, if not impossible. A kinetic shrapnel hit or a fucking explosion won't do shit. This is not anime, cuck. There can;t be accidental EMP.

I honestly hope you never procreate, you would lower the global IQ by 50%, for fucks sake, kill yourself. Everyone on /pol/ is now dumber thanks to your thread.
>>
At most you'd end up with a 'dirty bomb' which would spread around the nuclear material that was in the missile but there would be no nuclear explosion.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.