[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family war stories thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 78

File: IMG_7512.jpg (59KB, 732x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7512.jpg
59KB, 732x545px
Post stories from the wars your family were involved in.

My great grandad fought at Passschendaele in WW1 and I have his diary entries. He referred to Germans as Fritz and 'Boche' which is a nickname I'd never heard of. He saw a horse get blown to bits, his mate lost his fingers and he got buried after a bomb went off and his friend dug him out. His hearing was never the same after the war.

My grandad was a farmer during WW2 and they took German POWs. I think he got on well with them. I believe he dislikes Japs more because of their treatment of POWs.
>>
family hisory goes back to the civil war.
first member of my family landed in the south on a boat from whales, immediately drafted to the confederate army, and escaped to the north, where he fought for the union.
>>
father was also in vietnam and has alien stories if anyones interested
>>
>>138224084
Post moar
>>
>>138224084
>if anyones interested
yes
>>
>>138223587
>Boche
that's french for kraut
>>
>>138223974
>and escaped to the north, where he fought for the union
i'd be ashamed
>>
File: 1501782383599.jpg (38KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1501782383599.jpg
38KB, 310x310px
>>138223587
>great uncle serving in the British Mandate of Palestine after the war c.1946
>Zionists and Palestine violence going on against each other and the British authorities
>Zionists grab my great uncle and his friend while they're in a hotel
>a mob forms and tortures the pair of them, and I think other soldiers across the soldier
>it's designed to force the British to leave Palestine and give them a Jewish state
>the mob beats them up and then humiliates them
>they manage to get back to their barracks alive
>years later my great-uncle's friend commits suicide from the psychological trauma
>great uncle doesn't tell anyone about it
>2012
>barely know great uncle since he lives up Ipswich far away and the extended family have never been too close
>he considers me the de facto family historian
>he has never told the story to his own children or wife due to the shame
>lets me know all of it while sitting at the table over a pot of tea
>dies a few months later of cancer
>>
File: B24 resim.jpg (37KB, 659x360px) Image search: [Google]
B24 resim.jpg
37KB, 659x360px
My grandfather was anti aircraft battery commander during WWII

During the bombing operation in Romania some damaged American B-24 bomber aircrafts landed in neutral Turkey. My grandfather was serving in one of those air bases. The American crews asked for fuel and quick fix. Turkey was neutral back then and they didn't know what to do so they were waiting for orders from Ankara. Meanwhile Americans got their fuel and fast maintenance. One American aircraft decided to leave without permission and it was speeding up on the runway. My grandfather was ordered to shoot the aircraft, instead he opened warning shots. The aircraft stopped and returned back..

During that operation Turkey seized a dozen American bombers and interned a hundred American air force crew.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Operation_Tidal_Wave
>>
File: 1502737020269m.jpg (138KB, 1024x584px) Image search: [Google]
1502737020269m.jpg
138KB, 1024x584px
>>138223587
Have you read into that battle OP? It has been exactly 100 years since the Battle.

It was fucking brutal. Soldiers were drowning in mud. Pic related is a before and after image.

Great Uncle was just a medic in WW1. No other war involvements.
>>
>>138224836
Yeah my gramps was in Palestine post war and witnessed the Jewish terrorism.

Most soldiers preferred the arabs. They'd trick you or rob you but weren't actively seeking your death. Ie booby-trapping the bodies of British troops they murdered in cold blood.
>>
>>138225735
Good to hear it man. I didn't know enough about it at the time so I couldn't appreciate what I was being told, until I was informed of the situation by others. Now I wish I had paid more attention because Ernie is dead.

Israel was a cancer on the world from its inception.
>>
>>138224903
My grandfather has lots of WW2 stories despite not being on the frontline.

He was deployed in Thrace with his anti aircraft team. He has watched the skies for two years.

Once he noticed a plane with crosses on its wings(that's how he tells me), it was on Turkish airspace and he opened fire without asking orders and bypassing the military buroacracy. He says his shots were so close, the aircraft pilot got scared and turned back immediately. After this incident, their base got visited by Turkish chief of staff. And he was congratulated by generals.

His drafting story is also amazing, he was returning from the harvest with his horse cart. The military police saw him. They asked him of his age, and took him away. He returned home 6 years later.
>>
>great grampa reaches stalingrad
>gets typhus
>gets sent home
>infects his family
>him and most of his family die, grandma survives
>God saved her so that his descendant would shitpost on burmese penmanship forums

also had a great uncle who was a guard when they were loading romanian jews into trains, don't know much about his involvement though
>>
File: Gallipoli_charge.jpg (119KB, 962x471px) Image search: [Google]
Gallipoli_charge.jpg
119KB, 962x471px
Oh, another war story.

>great grandfather
>serving with the Mediterranean fleet in the First World War
>Gallipoli campaign begins
>massive fleet launches a bombardment against the Turkish positions
>it fails horribly due to the entrenchment and the terrain
>Turkish minelayer dumps a fuck load of mines into the straits
>HURR DURR LETS JUST CHARGE IT
>MUH CONSTANTINOPLE
>admiral orders the fleet to sail into the straits right into the minefield
>ships sinking left and right
>retreat
>"again"
>more ships sink
>Cannakale fortress and the forts on the peninsula raining death down on the ships
>story gets confusing here
>great-grandfather punches an officer
>gets some sort of discharge
>ends up surviving the futile naval invasions

I ended up going to Gallipoli to see if I could shed any light on the situation. Didn't get anything out of it on that front, but seeing it from the Turkish side was very interesting. The Turks have a replica of the minelayer ship that caused so much chaos to Entente forces during the invasion and there are massive craters in the fortress in Cannakale town from where the British shells landed. The museum there is hilariously over the top with the Turks comparing Gallipoli to the Trojan War and single handedly forming the modern Turkish state with Ataturk being a god emperor. The captain of the minelayer ship is some sort of legend for them. They are very proud of the whole thing.
>>
File: heritage2.jpg (1MB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
heritage2.jpg
1MB, 1600x960px
Paternal Gramps was an interesting character. He went through some interesting situations during and after the war and many of these involve a lot of pain and sometimes a motorcycle.

He was a despatch rider in the war. Was shot in the leg while speeding along the dusty roads of Transylvania in 1944, but rode on. He had a slight limp for the rest of his life though.

Whenever I think of him, this song pops into my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exhQOix8V4M

Rest in peace, you glorious, grumpy old bastard. One day, I'm going to die too and you'll tell me more of all the shit you pulled off.
>>
File: SAS-Logo.jpg (43KB, 615x620px) Image search: [Google]
SAS-Logo.jpg
43KB, 615x620px
>>138223587
>Grandfather crazy Welshman who grew up on the docks
>Eventually realize that he wants to serve his country
>Enlists in the regular army and gets sent to the Pacific Theater of WW2
>Eventually works his way into the Commandos
>His commanding officer has his stomach shredded open by the Nips hiding in an MG nest
>My grandfather simultaneously throws his officer who's stomach and intestines are pouring out over his shoulder; then takes the MG nest with a grenade
>Gets decorated but is still haunted til his last day by how the Nips tortured him
>Finds out grandson is a bit of a weebus and hangs out on a Chinese noodle making forum
>Haunts me for all time
>>
File: 1499298194636.jpg (36KB, 612x344px) Image search: [Google]
1499298194636.jpg
36KB, 612x344px
>be my dad's 2nd cousin
>be serving in the US navy before WW2
>nice Hawaiian base
>wake up one Sunday morning
>"Get up, it's a war!"
>BOOOOOOOMMMM
>Well, that ended quickly.
>>
File: IMG_7996.jpg (123KB, 651x946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7996.jpg
123KB, 651x946px
>>138224836
JUST

No wonder you're on /pol/ my dude
>>
>>138225648
Yes that's why my dad obtained the diary entries I believe. Pretty horrific. God bless your Uncle.
>>
>>138223587
My grandpa was in the Auxiliary civilian service for the wehrmacht. He Had his hand crushed by a cattle car ,while cleaning it in a railroad yard in Poland.
>>
File: 1370346963955.jpg (161KB, 952x629px) Image search: [Google]
1370346963955.jpg
161KB, 952x629px
>>138227431
They were a different breed of men. We will forever be in their shadow.
>>
>>138223587
My grandfather Won theSsilver Star for shooting down 8 German planes while his wingmen got pulled out of the ocean he eventually ran out of fuel and had to ditch: he survived the ordeal.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 300x232px
>>138223587
Grandfather fought in Korea and served on the HMS Alacrity (may not have been on this one in Korea)

One night his ship is called out to search for a downed US bomber somewhere along North Korean lines, and they find the crew before the Norks and my grandfather personally pulled them on board. He became great pals with the pilots as they were taking back to the US, but they kept in contact through letters and such.

He got a letter in the mail about 5 years or so ago from the co pilot telling him the captain(?) died from cancer and his funeral was going to be soon. The co pilot personally paid to fly me and my grandfather out to the US for his burial service, where he met the families of the guys he saved, where they personally thanked him for being such good pals with all of the crew etc. I have the final letter he was given confirming the guys death and a newspaper article about him from the US.

My grandfather also gets nightmares sometimes about fishing out corpses from a Korean river, I don't know if it was a famous incident or something but he talked about there being hundreds of bodies and the flesh stinking and basically melting away as they pulled them out.

He also blew a few commies up and saw their bodies fly about 200ft up
>>
>>138227321
Did he landed at Kalaikunda or Chakulia?
>>
File: ggf gf.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
ggf gf.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
This pic 1909 ish -

- Great grandfather - had fought in second Boer war

- Grandfather on his knee - grew to battle with Rommel around North Africa - during Hitlers great world tour of 39 -45. - Always said the Germans were fucking difficult to contain and were hardy as fuck.

Was not happy all the yanks were in England buying pussy with nylons and chocolate.

Bless em both - bet they would be over the moon with contempory society.
>>
>>138223587
Grandpa's Uncle was an Italian Admiral in WWII
Use fleet to carry loot back from Greece
>>
>>138223587
Grandpa served in WW2. Airforce pilot, dropped bombs over Norway. One of his crewmates is still living in the UK.
Great-grandpa was in WW1, I forget what he did.
>>
>>138226627
God bless you Romanians. Your immigrants here might be low tier but on here I think you're up there with the Aussies for banter.
>>
>>138228632
Oh and during the Second World War a German fighter crashed near his house, his dad or uncle found the kraut before the army did and they took him in until he recovered, then he got taken away

Grandfather also looted the crashed plane with his mates before the police got there kek
>>
>>138227321
God bless. Most of the old people I've spoken to have more beef with the Japs than any Hans and stories like this are why.
>>
File: IMG_4372.jpg (119KB, 651x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4372.jpg
119KB, 651x798px
>>138228632
God bless.
>>
File: laughing cat.jpg (67KB, 705x592px) Image search: [Google]
laughing cat.jpg
67KB, 705x592px
>>138226627

I had a long day and for a moment I thought I read
>gets syphilis
>gets sent home
>infects his family
>>
File: IMG_1234.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1234.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>grandfather on dads side served in pattons army. One of the first people inside of dachau. Put in charge of bulldozing corpses into mass graves
>grandmother on dads side had an uncle who was General McCarthurs driver
>some distance relative was in the Gordon Highlander's and was apart of the Christmas truce
>I was a Boy Scout for two years
>>
>>138228632
>He also blew a few commies up and saw their bodies fly about 200ft up

Man I would risk a war for that.
>>
File: IMG_3892.jpg (147KB, 737x652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3892.jpg
147KB, 737x652px
>>138229910
I love Romania vs Hungary shitposting
>>
File: 010[1].jpg (222KB, 928x1254px) Image search: [Google]
010[1].jpg
222KB, 928x1254px
>>138223587
My dad fought in the invasion of Panama
The local anti-Manuel militia was called Los Pepes (the people)
He worked with them and spoke some spanish
His guys were being shot at by some spic on a hill with a big gun
He was the smallest and fastest
He flanks around and gets behind spic on hill
He points gun and tells spic freeze, and throw gun
Spic throws big gun vertically so Dad has to catch it by the barrel
His hand print is burned into gun
He hits and yells at spic
He takes spic prisoner
Says was the worst thing he ever did in the army
He had to babysit retard spic the rest of their way.
He tells me never take prisoners captive if you don't have to.
>>
My great-something grandmother was in some Indian wars. Basically Indians burned down her homestead and killed her family on the frontier when she was like 15, so she picked up her pa's rifle and started hunting them. We've got a trunk with various things that belonged to her.
>>
>>138224755
What frenchie, as opposed to just straight surrendering?
>>
File: IMG_7477.jpg (86KB, 730x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7477.jpg
86KB, 730x349px
>>138230069
>Panama canal

Redpill me on this conflict. I've heard of this conflict but have never looked into it. Bonus points for you explaining why you had a war with Spain

>like father like son

Lmao
>>
>>138223587
Father was SF during Vietnam Era. Went into the Jungle with four other dudes for three months at a time. Told me they weren't allowed air drops of weapons where they were at so if they thought they were going to die they'd have them drop beer. He was a pretty messed up dude. Same with my grandfather, I think we're prone to extreme ptsd
>>
None of my family came back from the First World War. Their medals went to my grandad, who passed them onto me.
>>
>>138226797
Top fucking kek. My wife's great-great grandfather served at Gallipoli with the Austro-Hungarian heawy howitzer detachement (yes, we sent men to Gallipoli). The old man was from Transylvania.
>>
My Grand-dad fought at Anzio in the 3rd Infantry Division--He accidentally bumped into a German while performing minesweeping duties and instead of engaging, they both mutually walked in opposite directions. Don't know why I find that fascinating
>>
>>138224084
if you have stories, you must automatically assume that everyone is interested and post them without asking beforehand, this is common knowledge
>>
>>138231398
>heawy
Shit, I guess that much booze is enough for today.
>>
>>138231557
That's not the first I've heard of that. I've seen on another thread like this Allied and Nazis patrolling a forest and when they both saw each other they just stared at each there and then legged it. I don't laugh, I understand. Put yourself in their shoes.
>>
>>138231939
>>138231557
The Western front was a bit different from the Eastern. In Russia these encounters would have been fought to the last stones and teeth.
>>
>>138230708
Supposedly they blew up the USS Maine in Havana harbor so the Jingoists and yellow journalists took Uncle Sam on a world tour. We got all Spanish territories for 20 million 1898 bucks.

Fast forward. Great grandpa deployed to Philippines. Moros revolt. Gets stabbed in the heart. Survives. His son in law navigated a B24 over Europe. Survives. Older generations all the way back to quitting the Empire on both family sides.
>>
Paternal Grandfather was in the Pacific in a navy ship sweeping for mines, for the USA.

Maternal grandfather was on the eastern front fighting the Bolsheviks, for the German army.

Good people.
>>
>>138231398
>with the Austro-Hungarian heawy howitzer detachement

Fascinating. He was probably firing at my great-grandfather's ship! The Turks have erased the memory of there ever being any non-Turks at the battle though.
>>
File: 1499003705950.webm (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499003705950.webm
1MB, 720x720px
Grandpa fought in Guerra del chaco n killed lots of Bolivians there was a time where he killed a Bolivian just to drink his water it was war then come back from war met my grandma and had 9 kids my dad was the last born in 1970 never met my grandpa but heard all his stories one street has his name and my grandma name. Pretty cool tho
>>
>>138223587
My Grandmother always told me she left Dresden with one of the last trains before it was bombed to pieces. The train stopped and she watched Dresden, down there in the valley, burn down.
She said it was the most beautiful thing she ever saw (most likely because she hated east germans so much).
>>
File: 30.5 Skoda howitzer.jpg (37KB, 605x318px) Image search: [Google]
30.5 Skoda howitzer.jpg
37KB, 605x318px
>>138232738
They rather were shelling the beaches though, these guns aren't really suited for anti-ship roles. Also, we had some infantry and cavalry along with some field gun and field howitzer batteries too in Turkey.
>>
File: noriega-obit-2.jpg (894KB, 2048x1495px) Image search: [Google]
noriega-obit-2.jpg
894KB, 2048x1495px
>>138230708
The short of it
>Manuel knew to much and had to much money we needed him out and our guy in

the somewhat long of it
> Trained in military and intelligence matters at the School of the Americas, he became for a time a valued CIA "asset" working for the agency and the US Drug Enforcement Administration. Government documents submitted to the Miami court in pre-trial hearings in 1991-92 confirmed that Noriega was paid (at least) $320,000 by the US government for services rendered.

Simply put, Noriega knew too much. He acted as a cold war listening post for the US during turbulent times in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras, according to William Buckley's book, Panama: the Whole Story. He claimed to be an intermediary between then vice-president Bush and Fidel Castro in the 1980s. Noriega is also said to have met Bush, a former CIA director, personally on two occasions in 1976 and 1983.

The jury in Noriega's trial on 10 narrowly defined drug-related counts heard none of this. Nor did it hear about Noriega's contacts with Oliver North, John Poindexter, CIA chief William Casey and other key figures in the Ronald Reagan and Bush administrations who, allegedly, connived in the supply of arms to Nicaragua's Contra rebels paid for with Medellín cartel drug cash.

There were many other such allegations; and Noriega claimed to have proof of senior US politicians' connivance in drug trafficking for political purposes. But none was allowed in evidence. Nor was the new Panamanian government's demand that Noriega be returned there for trial accepted.

sorry took so long to reply I got a 15min ban for posting porn, mods on their toes

>Spain
>Panama Canal
That was old Teddy Roosevelts crazy cuntself, pretty sure it was just a big fuck you to Spain and France, it was also where Fidel comes in. Spain leaves Fidel enters.
>>
>>138233264
>They rather were shelling the beaches though, these guns aren't really suited for anti-ship roles

True. The forts had bigger guns more suitable for taking out the ships. Still, it's amazing. Gallipoli really isn't that big so they would have been within miles of each other.
>>
File: grand father.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
grand father.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Grand father - 4 years in 8th army WW2 - Veteran of Battle of El Alamein. - Fuckin chest full of medals - never said a lot about it all.

Came back to a land fit for hero's !! worked 30 years post war in factory - retires and gets uber gold watch and chain - as reward (family birth right )

Fuckin heroin junkie breaks into his house and steals it while he is not there. A certain irony, taking into account what they all gave. Watch lost forever
>>
>>138233398
Not that these 305mm pieces wouldn't have been able to roast smaller units, but the ammunitions were not intended to do that. Also, indirect fire vs. ships is pretty useless.
Anyways, it's indeed fascinating that -as we say - "how small the world" is. I'll drink one to the old fighters, they served with honour.
>>
>>138233777
FULL HOUSE FUCKING READ EM AND WEEP
>>
File: Ferenc_Szálasi.jpg (14KB, 250x332px) Image search: [Google]
Ferenc_Szálasi.jpg
14KB, 250x332px
>>138233264
>>138232738

We were also at Verdun. Szálasi Ferenc (completely sane and apolitical at the time) was commanding Tirolean rangers at Verdun and was decorated for it.
>>
File: 20170819_211525.png (1MB, 1080x1680px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_211525.png
1MB, 1080x1680px
My granddad was a "jäger" (those who do dogfights and shit) in the german luftwaffe in wwii. He was captured by the soviets but he managed to flee with a few comrades in a russian fighter plane.
He needed to emergency land it for some reason but there were some partisans in the area he landed in.
They had no guns so they took metal pipes from a military tent which was in that plane and they acted like they were machine guns.
He somehow manged to get back to german territory.
He survived the war and was awarded with the iron cross first class and the "frontflugsspange(frontline airforce service badge(???))" in gold for "jäger(fighters)".
I never met him RIP
>>
>>138223974
>whales
Moran
>>
>>138233880
True, this is also a pretty much unknown fact.
>>
File: 1401052091694.webm (2MB, 1872x820px) Image search: [Google]
1401052091694.webm
2MB, 1872x820px
>>138233777
Nice trips.

I'm having a G&T right now. They forged the peace of the modern west through their sacrifices. I'll drink to them.

>>138233880
Interdasting. I like playing Austria in Kaiserreich but otherwise I really don't know too much about their exploits other than in Italy and Russia.
>>
>>138223587
My great-grandma said the Wehrmacht soldiers were cool, shared tobacco and chocolate with Yugo villagers and kids.
Said Croatian Ustase were absolute garbage
t.Serb
>>
both grandfathers fought in WWII.
one was an officer in the Waffen SS (was already in the illegal SS before the Anschluß) the other one a regular drafted Wehrmacht Infantryman.
SS grampa fought basically all over europe. poland, france, italy and SU ofc. his division was one of the last ones defending the fatherland up until the capitulation. few days after the formal defeat he was captured and hung by russians close to his birthplace and actullally where most of my family including myself still live. guess his rank was the leading factor for that treatment.
other grampa was also captured by russians (somewhere on the crimean peninsula I believe) and sent to siberia. He returned 1955 and died '97.
>>
File: austria hungary fuck yeah.jpg (51KB, 651x461px) Image search: [Google]
austria hungary fuck yeah.jpg
51KB, 651x461px
>>138233934

I read about a group of Popovs who did the same, they stole a Heinkel from the airfield where they did forced labour and flew back to the Soviet Union.

They were Gulaged for it because they allowed themselves to be captured in the first place. When Stalin died, they were granted amnesty and their leader was later given a lot of medals.

>>138234358
>playing Kaiserreich
>playing Kaiserreich as Austria-Hungary

Listen to these for the ultimate feels, while you're at it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cpMjVHuqWs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxWYalZgIks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PivdDGhGDTo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oFMfUPrFDw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jx7Ma6CQIg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUMzDUF3xU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ChJk6Qddg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cZFHrnGvbc
>>
During WWII my grandfather sat on his ass on the border with Manchuria, because japs could invade in any minute.
But it turned out that USSR would invade japs, but few days before invasion he broke index finger on his right hand, he missed the invasion and in few weeks war was over.
But they still give him medal for victory over Japan.
>>
>>138234570

Mine said the same. Germans were polite, the Soviets were animals.

Also, Bulgarian soldiers were nice. They set up a field kitchen in the middle of the village and fed the locals. Thank you Bulgaria.
>>
>>138234358
Family story, my great-grandpa.
>Bosnia, 1900. Bosniaks actually liked A-H, but the region also had Serbs who didn't really like the A-H occupation.
>Routine patrol, they go into a house to search it.
>Woman who recently gave birth laying in her bed, nothing to see here.
>Young lieutenant sends his men out, leaving last.
>Woman pulls out a pistol and shoots the lieutenant in the back (revenge for something?)
>Magyar K.u.K soldiers turn back and pin her to the bed with bayonets
>mfw
>>
>>138223587
Both my great granddads went to the chacho war against Paraguay.
Both died before i was born so i couldn't hear their war stories
>>
>>138223587
My great grandfather from mother's side was a Volksdeutsch, served in the Wehrmacht on the eastern front and survived. My great grandfather from father's side worked in mines for the Germans. I forgot about the rest as it was hella confusing.
>>
File: neat.jpg (28KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
28KB, 500x491px
>>138235458
That's the Balkans I suppose.

>>138235082
I'll listen. They better give all the constituent countries focus trees at some point though.
>>
>>138223587
My family has fought in most wars since the Revolution. Only have direct knowledge of my family in Vietnam, however.

>Great Uncle was Marine Corps sniper
>black ops shit
>was captured
>rescued several French POWs when he escaped
>refused to accept the Medal of Honor
>is currently writing a book

Other family was in 'Nam too, but they don't talk about it.
>>
File: war dead.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
war dead.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
>>138234704
Man that Russian treatment of German troops was fuckin barbaric - have recently rewatched Hellstorm. Its a pity those men don't get the same attention as others - seems the monopoly on war misery has already been taken by others. Thoughts to your fallen family.
>>
>>138235780
Pretty much.
Another story.
>Patrol again
>Some sniper opens fire on them from an attic
>Magyar K.u.K. soldiers enter the building, surprising the Serb
>Beat him to death with the butt end of the rifle
He had lots of these stories, and later he served from 1914-18 literally on all fronts.
>>
>Great Uncle
>Rifleman in the AEF, WWI
>Served under based General Pershing
>100 day offensive begins
>AEF assigned to Argonne Forest
>Great Uncle ordered to storm a hill full of machine gun nests, with artillery up top
>Best buddy gets shredded near instantly
>Great uncle kneels down to help him
>Great uncle gets cut down by machine gun as well
>Dies in field hospital
>War ends under a month later

F
>>
>>138223587
Grandpa was forced into service for the German Army in WW2.. He was sent to build and defend the Atlantic Wall ,on D day others shot the German Officers and surrender the site to the Americans without firing their guns ...spent the rest of the war picking oranges in Florida in a war camp
>>
>>138236092
Do people in that part of the world ever miss the Austro-Hungarian Empire, or the idea of a unified state? I know it was Austrian dominated and all that, but does anyone think it was a good idea that could have been reformed?
>>
>>138236307
Was he a Czech or Belarussian?
>>
>>138236614
We joke in Bosnia how it'd be better if the Švabo (Fritz) occupied us
But we'd fight to death if it happend for real
>>
File: feels_cry.jpg (35KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
feels_cry.jpg
35KB, 403x403px
>>138224836
Damn bro that's fucked up
>>
File: honvéd feels.png (468KB, 1001x501px) Image search: [Google]
honvéd feels.png
468KB, 1001x501px
>>138235962

The last WW2 POW returned home in 2000. They transferred him to a psychiatric hospital in the forties because they thought that he is insane (he only spoke Hungarian and they thought that he's shell shocked and speaking gibberish) and was just... ...stuck there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A1s_Toma

There is an uncomfirmed story that some time in the 1980's a shipment of timber arrived from the Soviet Union via rail and they found a letter among the logs signed by Hungarian POW's who were still being held prisoner and were begging for help.
>>
>>138236614
There's a strong nostalgia towards it, mostly because it was possibly the fastest development Hungary ever saw. To illustrate this: Francis-Joseph in 1849 was seen as the butcher and hangman of Hungarian independence and liberty. In 1900, he was our benevolent pater familias, Frank Joe.
Also, the Austrian dominance wasn't really that bad for us. A-H worked like a mini EU with Hungary being autonomous on its own turf. They didn't interfere with our nationalism, pretty much the contrary, the royal couple attended the Millennial Celebrations in 1896.
Also, our economy greatly benefited from the common market which the A-H Empire offered to our agricultural and industrial products.
>>
>>138223587
My Grandfather was a Canadian radio operator in an armoured car during WW2, he was part of the liberation of Holland, he received letters from people there for years after the war

OP Nice Landcaster pic, I live about an hour away from the Hamilton Warplane Museum here in Ontario, it's a nice place to visit, we have one of two landcasters that still fly. rides on it are 3500$ for an hour. it's a pretty cool plane to see when it flies.
>>
>>138237171
>Toma was promoted to sergeant major by the Minister of Defense, and since his service was continuous, his salary was paid.

That's a lot of back pay. I suppose it's no consolation but at least he was treated well by his country.

>>138237374
/his/ doesn't talk about it enough desu. I'd love to know more about Austria-Hungary. Interesting that Hungary had so much autonomy but seemed so disenchanted with it at the time.
>>
File: toma andrás.gif (36KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
toma andrás.gif
36KB, 250x210px
When Toma András returned, he hasn't had a conversation for 50 years and could barely speak but as he was interviewed it turned out that he could still recite the national anthem of Hungary.

He passed away in 2004, holding the hand of his sister.
>>
>>138236838
Bosniak soldiers fough with valor in the Great War in the K.u.K. army. One of our memorists wrote that soldiers knew when a major offensive was being prepared because one could only see Bosnian fezes and hear Hungarian speech.
>>
Grandfather WWI Verdun
>>
My maternal side of the family was Scots Irish and came to the US pre-Revolution and settled in Pennsylvania. One of those relatives fought in the Revolutionary War but no details. Generations later, in 1861, my maternal great-great grandfather walked from Springfield, MO to Camp Leavenworth, KS and enlisted in the Volunteer Kansas Cavalry. He fought in various campaigns all through the war. He was never wounded but caught malaria which affected him throughout his life. One night, he was guarding a wagon supply train that was crossing the Red River in north Louisiana. It was thunder storming and they got raided by Confederate cavalry. He was separated from his unit during the skirmish and was listed as captured for a few days before he made his way back to friendly lines. After the war, he was a buffalo hunter in Kansas. Buffalo Bill Cody was a scout with the Kansas Volunteer Cavalry, so they may have known each other.

My paternal side of the family immigrated from Luxembourg to Minnesota in the 1850s. No record of any of them fighting in the Civil War but do have one story. One of my relatives was with a work party cutting timber for riverboats on an island in the Mississippi River. The work party was captured by Confederates but they were later exchanged for Reb prisoners.

Both my grandfathers were too old to fight in WWII and were farmer-ranchers anyway and essential to the war effort. My great-uncle fought in North Africa, perhaps with the 45th ID which was from Oklahoma. One night, he pulling guard duty and was stabbed in the neck by a German infiltrator. He was sent to Cairo to recoup and I have seen photos he sent back home with him on a camel in front of the pyramids. After he was better, he was made a driver for some bigwigs attending an Allied Conference in Iran.

My dad was an Air Force veterinarian at a SAC B-52 bomber base in Columbus, MS during the Cold War.
>>
>>138237539
Maybe because 4ch is full of Anglo-Saxon posters?
Hungary wasn't really disenchanted with its autonomy within the empire, most disputes were going around the distribution of budget, burdens and such. The Hungarians' main issue with the Empire was that they wanted more representation in the K.u.K. government (ie. more ministers, like there wasn't a single Common Minister of Defence from Hungary). The people in Hungary (the nationalities too) rather enjoyed the benefits from the unified Empire. Also, the Hungarian education laws determined that above 10% minority population the school has to offer native education as well, so national tensions were also relatively low despite the Lesser Entente's memeing).
Maybe I'll make a thread on it on /his/
t. historian
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 893x1019px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 893x1019px
My great grandfather fought it World War Two and fought in the front lines. He lost most of his friends in some fights and the rest on the way home. When he made it home he almost died right away. I do not know much other than this.
Pic related, the one on the right.
>>
Grandfather was in north italy in 1944 to kill some of the fucking traitor spaghettis. Never went to italy for holidays, hated them his whole life and only called em "Katzelmacher" = Catmakers. Was in a POV Camp in austria and was smuggled to vienna by his father(worked for the railway company).

Other one had luck and was in norway the whole war. didn't fire a single shot.
>>
>>138223587
My Grandpa was drafted to the eastern front when he was basically still a late teen. Already had a pregnant wife and already lost his own father to the war. Got a few months of training and then basically told to be cannonfodder.

Luckily was captured in the russian offensive and taken as PoW. He never told us what happened in the Russian Camps but it changed him. It was years after the war ended before he was freed and sent back. Back to a child he didn't know and a wife that thought he was dead. He hardly spoke, was emotionally cold and treated his family of 13 childs not better than his pets. He softened up in old age and, probably out of regret. It was not the war, not the years in Russian camps and not the terrible time after the war that broke him in the end. It was Cancer taking his life, leaving nothing but regrets.
>>
>>138238703
Correction he was on the left
>>
>>138237548
Those cunts
>>
>>138238357
true that. guess the secret why the k.uk. empire worked quite smooth was that there was always ethnic segregation though. even if it wasn't that strict.
one can only wonder how long the inner peace would have lasted without WW I
>>
>be Grandfather
>pearl harbor gets bombed, US declars war on japan, Germany declares war on the US
>he wants to enlist for the army but they turn him down. Says he's too slim
>been a beanpole his whole life, 6'2 and 140 pounds, probably a consequence of growing up in the great depression
>tries several recruiters but they all turn him down for the same reason
>So to prove that he is tough enough to fight, he goes to the local bar one saturday night and picks a fist fight with the biggest guy in it
>Great grandma had to pick him up from the jail the next morning
>one fight is hardly enough to make a statement so he keeps going back to the bar to pick another fight every saturday.
>this goes on for about two and a half years
>Finally the judge and sheriff got tired of seeing him and pulled some strings with some friends in the army to finally get him enlisted
>>
File: 1464313957582.jpg (44KB, 599x636px) Image search: [Google]
1464313957582.jpg
44KB, 599x636px
>>138239184
>Flash forward to winter of 1944/45. It's Patton Behind him and Wehrmacht in front of him
>Wasn't able to make it in time for D-Day or the Liberation of Paris but saw extensive action during the battle of the bulge
>after 3 or so days of continuous fighting, he ends up passing out in a pillbox the Germans abandoned before/amidst a firefight
>wakes up some time later, surprised he didn't freeze to death
>he realizes the front line had been pushed back while he was out
>Leaves his gun in the pillbox and a good chunk of his gear with it
>Scavengers a trenchcoat off of one dead german and a stahlhelm off another to hide his GI clothing.
>Starts marching back to allied forces.
>Never made any contact with the enemy on the way back, purposefully went out of his way to avoid it for obvious reasons, but a few civilians/refugees would walk up and ask if he had a cigarette or food to which he would oblige thanks picked up a few bits of deutsche from other soldiers during basic
>He was never sure if the civilians either failed to notice he wasn't part of their army or if they just didn't care at that point.
>eventually, he makes it back to the American forces, but not without getting shot at from a distance.
>he dives behind a wall, waits for the shots to stop. drops his trenchcoat and Stahlhelm and puts his hands in the air
>Eventually, he makes it known to them who he is.
>Finds that the Colonel of his previous regiment was part of the squad that was shooting at him
>no fucks given
>Grandpa's platoon was wiped out so he is reassigned
>continue with the fight like nothing happened

Later
>He was awarded a Bronze Star.
>I don't remember the details of it as precisely but the gist of it was while he and his platoon were under machine gun fire, he volunteered to run about half a mile up a hill (while still under machine gun fire) to deliver orders that were able to divert some shermans to the area and wipe out the machine gun nest that had his platoon pinned down
>>
>>138223587

tfw had all great grand parents in ww1 most of the men served during The Somme, Never talk about it.

Had both grand parents and 1 great grandparent serve during ww2 - DDay in Tanks. Never talk about it.

feels kinda bad mang. UK btw.
>>
>>138239149
I guess we would have fared well, maybe convert to Trialism, including the Czech nation. The Slovaks and Romanians weren't exactly the problem, actually the Serbs did calm down by 1900. Maybe we should've give up Galicia and Bosnia, but if not for the war, A-H could've lasted.
>>
File: degrelle.jpg (14KB, 300x376px) Image search: [Google]
degrelle.jpg
14KB, 300x376px
My grandfather was from eastern Belgium near Liege and spoke fluently german. He was a student officer in 1940 but didn't take part in the fighting.

As he was from a territory to be annexed to the Reich he was offered to join the Wermacht, but declined. In 1944 when the allies arrived he offered his service and the O.S.S took him as an interpreter.

In 1945 he interrogated two German P.O.W.'s. One of them offered him a cigarette. It was poisoned and he fell into coma for weeks.

After the war he worked at the belgian military mission in Berlin, frequently meeting Soviet diplomats and officers.

He always told the story of meeting this guy : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Grechko

At a diplomat reunion in the 50's. When Grechko found out he was Belgian, he told him that if the belgian army had fought against the Germans in 40's like the Belgian SS division fought against the Red Army afterwards, there wouldn't have been WW2.
>>
File: trust the huns, not even once2.png (197KB, 482x600px) Image search: [Google]
trust the huns, not even once2.png
197KB, 482x600px
>>138239136

Can we count on you next time?
>>
Muh grandfather was one of the founders of the SAS.
>>
>>138223587
Maternal great grandfather fought in the Imperial German Army on the eastern front. One day, while they were advancing toward the Russian enemy he got shot in the elbow and suddenly was surrounded by a whole Russian platoon. One Russian applied a band aid, than pointed at a red cross flag of a german field hospital. My great grandfather than started running. None of the Russians fired a shot.

Thanks Russki. Can't bring myself to dislike them after hearing that story.
>>
>mom' s brother in NAM
>very reserved
> goes camping with Dad and talks in his sleep
>" I'm so sorry, I did the best I could"
He was 22, artillery observer. The best we can put together is his base camp got overrun and he was ordered to shell their (his) position and lost some close friends.
Fucks me up thinking about it.
>>
Uncle was a part of the Frozen Chosen in the Korean war. He was a machine gunner and used to tell me he mowed down waves of nips, had to go out in the field and push over the bodies because they would stack up so high. Smashed in a nips head in with his helment. Only has 5 toes due to frost bite, etc.
>>
>>138239922
There are lots of stories on such humane behaviour on both sides from the Russian front. However, great-grandpa used to say, that he Cossacks were "rogue boys" (can't really translate the expression).
>>
>Grandmom was 19 in 1943, lived in occupied Krakow
>She got arrested during random German round-up
>She was imprisioned and ready to be sent to concentration camp
>She was sighted in arrest by family's neigbour, and police officer, he immidiately torder the guard to let her go
>next day
>guard can't remember who told him to release my grannie
>Gestapo thinks that the Polish resistance helped her escape, assume she must be an important figure in undenground
>She was just a shop keeper
>For a while, my grannie becomes the most wanted person in occupied Poland
>Spends the rest of the war hiding out of the city
>Gestapo interrogates family
>Grandgrandfather dies from exhaustion after gestapo interrogation
>Family blames gran for that
heh, crazy times, I also had a relative fighting in Polish armed forces in the west, k.i.a. at Breda, Netherlands in 1944
>>
My grandfather was stationed in the Fiji's during WWII, lost all of his closest friends when he went left the foxhole they were eating in to get seconds his friends were blow not to pieces. Great uncle was a pow in Bergen-Belsen, was starved and kept in pit till liberation. Paternal grandfather spent 17 years in a communist prison in Albania. I loathe nazi's and commie's.
>>
>>138223587
My great grandfather fought for Austria-Hungary in WWI and got hit by a sniper's shot in the head, while in the trenches in 1917. He survived a year in a coma, came back home and became mayor of our home village into the era of the first Czechoslovak Republic.

My grandfather was drafted into the axis-side Slovak army during WWII, but the uprising broke out before he was shipped to the front. He joined the uprising; once that got defeated, he worked for the red partisans, eventually getting home along with the retreating Germans, posing as a fleeing civilian lumberjack. His service record in the uprising was not recognized, and he had to finish his military service post-war in the borderland against the surrounded and rabid Ukrainian nationalists.

He had 2 notable brothers, when it comes to war stories, and one sadly too notable uncle.

One of the brothers served as a drill sergeant with the army, but got sent to the front because as punishment (parties in the barracks where Gypsy conscripts provided musical entertainment and whores were present). He spent his time there selling horses to red the partisans before he defected to them.

The other one had a perfect build, and so was selected to be part of the presidential guard. Christ and the fatherland type. When the government fled the capital, long before the arrival of the Soviets, the presidential guard was told they were 'free to go home'. Basically disbanded. He made his way home in secrecy, facing death if caught by both Germans (who thought they were defectors) and the Russians (fascist guard = ded).

The 2 brothers despised each other for long after the war, one drunkenly promising the other one "to climb out of his casket and kick him in the ass as he's walking behind it"
>>
>>138240146
Yeah, with the Russians it's good or bad luck. One soldier might take a prisoner according to regulations, the next one shoots and robs him and the third one gets rid of his prisoner by letting him go.
Funny though:
>be Russian
>be nice to one German
>hundred years later other German now respects whole Russian people and tells story to everyone because of you
>>
>>138223587
my father was a guerrilla fighter for 16 years during the Iran revolution and after.
after a while the secret police in Iran found out where he lived and bombed his car destroying his spine
my mother carried him to safety and together they managed to fled to Norway in 1991.
>>
Dad's friend flew C-130 in NAM. Ordered make supply drop and pick- up wounded in base camp under heavy attack. Lands under withering small arms fire, 60 seconds on the ground to load/unload. Getting pasted. Taxi about to start take-off and RPG hits the hose of the plane but doesn't detonate. Gets lodged in the front landing gear. Co-pilot has to go out pull the round out of the gear to be able to roll. Pulls out round and they take off.
>>
Grandfather served in Pacific front in WWII, great uncle was a pow in Bergen-Belsen and was kept starved in a pit till liberation, cause they believed he was part of contraband ring. Not related to the great wars but a hell in its own, paternal grandfather was imprisoned in a communist prison in Albania for 17 years. So I pretty much loathe nazi's and commie's after hearing the stories.
>>
A couple relatives on my mom's side fought/died in the Confederate Army, but I don't have too many details on that.

Paternal Grandfather started out WW2 as one of the first American Journalists in Europe to cover the war. Got stuck in the Mediterranean when a British ship he was on got fucked by Stukas. After getting out of the hospital he decided to joing the Army Air Corps as an in-flight intel officer in B-17s telling them what to bomb. B-17 got shot down and landed in the Mediterranean. Met my grandmother in the hospital where she was an Army Nurse.

Grandma worked primarily at a hospital in Italy once America took land there. Her brother got wounded at the Battle of the Bulge and she took time off and hitchiked/snuck her way up to the aid station he was at to hangout with him and make sure he was getting proper care.
>>
File: Christmas_Truce_WW1.jpg (21KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas_Truce_WW1.jpg
21KB, 400x258px
>>138241200
It's why little things like that are what lead to less war and hardship in the world. We have to remember that people aren't naturally as brutal as history suggests that they are. It is usually fear that drives people.
>>
My grandfather escaped from the communists in Hungary during the uprising in the 50s. Says he saw his best friend shot.
>>
GGGF was 4th Alabama Infantry.
Volunteered. Brought a horse and a slave with him. He was in Virginia when Lee surrendered. Union troops freed his slave and took his horse. He had to walk back to Alabama.
>>
File: trust the huns, not even once.jpg (145KB, 595x680px) Image search: [Google]
trust the huns, not even once.jpg
145KB, 595x680px
>>138240996
>rabid Ukrainian nationalists

Interestingly, they were possibly the most reliable ally the Royal Hungarian Army had in WW2, along with Polish partisans. There was a lot of cooperation and some trade between Stephan Bandera's people and our troops and at least one recorded occasion when the Ukrainian Insurgent Army covered a retreat.

At one time a German despatch rider heard a rumour that there is some kind of a relationship between the Ukrainian partisans and our troops. He had to make a delivery through a forest controlled by the UIA and decided that he'll put a small Hungarian flag on his motorbike. He arrived to his destination safely without anyone firing at him.
>>
>>138241430
Fucking cool man - co pilot is the dogs bollocks - - those two guys must be made up now as they gaze upon the "new world" around them
>>
>>138242357
Prince Rákóczi said about the Ruthenians: "The most faithful nation"
>>
>>138241804
Cont.

Dad was in the Army from the end of Vietnam to the beginning of Iraq pt. 1 and never deployed, he did have to help put down a race riot on base in Germany in the 70's though.

Ex Brother in Law (I know it doesn't really count, but we're still bros and fuck you) was in Iraq during the surge as a medic, fucked up some hajis, lost some friends, vehicle got hit by an IED, rounds started cooking off and vic was on fire, and he kept going in dragging his friends out while he had shrapnel all over his right side. He also had a much less eventful Afghan tour.

counting myself as family. Afghanistan deployment as intel, killed a shit ton of dudes with drone strikes, had an Afghan general try to groom me into a Chai Boy. Had to stop going to meetings because dude was getting really creepy. Kuwait/Iraq deployment and also killed some dudes with drone strikes, much less eventful on the whole though.

Questions welcome if you're bored. I can give you the unclass stuff
>>
Grandpa
>fought in two of three uprising
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silesian_Uprisings
Great-grandmother
>escaped from Auschwitz-Birkenau
I have literary no info about past of my family.
Literary no sources
>>
>>138242232
Thats a movie in there bro
>>
>>138241806
At least these stories will make people remember that the enemy is human.
>>
>>138223587
My paternal granddad was an aviator in the Navy during WWII. He flew Hellcats and later retired as a Commander.

My maternal grandfather was a nosegunner on a B-24 bomber and did missions over Germany.

My dad was in the Navy and served as a Corpsman during Vietnam.

I joined the Navy and served on nuclear submarines.
>>
>>138237548
Only against muzzies
>>
>Turkmen
>Fought in Red Army
>Fights all the way to Berlin, injured twice
>takes home a German handwatch as a trophy
>neighbors report him for having it
>KGB arrests him and sends him to Gulag (Vorkuta)
>gets out after 10 years
>family has been anti-communist ever since
>>
>>138240996
The uncle never spoke about his experiences in detail. As I was told, it was not out of shame, but because of horror. Not the kind that makes you talk in sleep and sweat, but the kind that stops you in your tracks, deafens you, and makes you go mute.

The uncle was a frontline cook. Not too bad for the first few months, but it quickly got very disturbing once the remains of the Slovak army got directly attached to German units following the mass betrayal (most of the best divisions Slovakia had to offer defected to the Russian side basically immediately upon arriving at the front).

Starving the POWs because of dwindling supplies was one thing, but when supplies hit a critical low, the subhuman shit hit the fan.

The Germans (since no one else could be trusted to watch the POWs) would give the prisoners an ultimatum: pick from among you those that we are to cook for you, or starve to death all together.

The first bodies delivered to my grandfather's uncle to be cooked were those of captured members of the communist youth - the flesh was still young, strong, better fed.

Despite the 'meme' we would believe today, the uncle didn't die of liver cirrhosis or some other depression-induced damaging pass-time, but he was reportedly very wrong in the head, very somber, menacingly quiet, frightening.
>>
My great grandfather fought in the battle of the somme back in ww1, got his arm blown off by a grenade, but managed to live quite old until he was in his 90's.
>>
File: (4).png (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
(4).png
136KB, 640x480px
>>138243282
Christ.
>>
>>138223587
One great uncle survived Pearl Harbor because he went to church.
>>
>>138223587
Ok you guys ready for a two parter, my gramps got a bronze star and two purple hearts between WW2 and Korea, so heres story time

>Gramps fought in Philippines in WW2
>he literally took the beachhead for Gen. Douglas McArthurs FAMOUS return, he watched his famous moment coming ashore live...from the beach...that he just took from the Japanese...holy fug
He was haunted for years though to where he didnt talk about it much, my uncle asked him one day
>"What is it dad, what troubles you?"
>"I've seen men do things to other men that you shouldn't do"
>"W-what things?"

>"after we took the beach we had advanced forward and I saw a man sitting under a tree in the distance yelling "Help! Help me! Somebody help me!"
>"As I approached up close, I saw he was sitting in a pool of blood"
>"I then realized that he had no lower half, his entrails loose beneath him"
>"I told him, I'm sorry, I can't help you"
>>
>>138235304
My grand-mother was from Belgium and lived through the German occupation. She said the German soldier were polite but took no shit from the civilian and would not hesitate to shoot any dissenters.

She had a particular hatred for the Italians, who she would call macaques, since all they did was walking around with their ridiculous feathered hat like they actually won something.

That hatred continued until the second she died.
>>
>>138242357
That was before the defeat of the Axis. Afterwards, Stalin decreed that Bandera's Ukrainian traitors were to be shot on sight, without trial.

The madness of the fleeing groups, wanting nothing but to reach the Americans... The Poles depopulated a 2 days' march worth of land inside new Poland, while Czechoslovakia decided to confront the groups at the border. The Ukrainians murdered anyone who could betray their positions, women and children included. Granddad was lucky, unlike some of his compatriots

Eventually, Bandera's forces were crushed, but it took another 4 years for Granddad to get home. But he got an education while stationed at the border and then became a police investigation force commissar.
>>
>>138239542
>It was poisoned
Can't say he didn't deserve it
>>
File: B-17 Low.jpg (45KB, 700x421px) Image search: [Google]
B-17 Low.jpg
45KB, 700x421px
>>138223587
>Be B-17 Trainer
>Night Flying
>Rural '40s USA is pretty hard to navigate around at night, desu
>Especially with this low cloud-cover
>Get bearings back to airfield
>Enter airspace over field at 3-4AM
>Radio tower for landing clearance
>Receive clearance to land, but tower still doesn't see us
>No big deal, still see the runway lights
>Begin descent for landing
>Tower radios again, still doesn't see us
>Must be some of these clouds in the way
>Getting closer to ground now
>Tower radios, still doesn't see us
>Strange. There aren't any clouds in the way.
>Gear down, coming in for landing.
>Wait. The runway lights aren't lined up with the ground right.
>FUCK. Those aren't runway lights.
>THEY'RE LIGHT POLES ON MAINSTREET, BUMFUCK USA
>Push all props to MAX POWER.
>Buzz Mainstreet, Bumfuck USA in a B-17 at full throttle and 30ft altitude at 4AM
>Radio tower we're had to abort, trying another pass.
>Eventually find airfield, no one knows the scale of the fuckup.
>>
>>138223587
great grandafther got seperated from his platoon in WW1 behind enemy lines. him and 4 other men spent 2 days getting back over the wire and he got shot in the head but survived
>>
>Maternal granfather served in WW2
>dont know his regiment or where he served but most likely European theatre

>Great uncle volunteered for the commandos
>only 18
>sent to Burma to fight the Japs

not great but its all i have
>>
>>138224836
i fucking hate jews
>>
Great grandfather got drafted for czechoslovakia. He always got in fights with the local nazis when he was drunk and one time shot with his pistol the nazi mayor(didnt hit
Him). He had to guard in prague from a roof and was afraid that somebody would shoot him. Later he participated in the invasion of France and stayed there for a while. Later he was sent to italy and battled in monte cassino. Captired later in south austria by the americans.
Following happend:
An american ship approached the coast. His platoon was entrenched with low amount of ammunition even their tank. The tank hit the ship with one shot and afterwards it turned arround and fleed. They would have been crushed if they were attacked.
>>
>>138223587
>grandfather with US carrier escort, pacific, WWII
>carrier group enters battle of midway
>things escalate fast
>planes everywhere
>one of the jap planes is heading right for his ship
>loading explosives rounds as fast as possible into tomtom gun
>gun jams
>holy_shit.jpg
>open breech and throw round overboard before it explodes
>gun continues to fire at plane
>wings blown off
>fuselage still flying towards boat
>gun keep firing at plane until it's completely blown to bits
>wreckage and plane's engine hits water only meters from the ship
He didn't talk about the war much but this is one story I remember him telling.
>>
>>138226797
i bet he punched the officer on purpose so he could skip getting blown up in the strait
>>
>>138223587
My grand dad were taken prisoner and sent into concentration camp right after the war started, he was living in village right next to polish border. Worked there till soviet army "liberated" Poland, lives after this for till he was 80 or something, fathered 5 children. He wasn't jewish tho.
>>
>>138224836
> he never told anyone but you
At least their goals that day weren't met.
>>
>>138223587
Great grandfather once went over the top of his trench in Flanders 3 times in one day. Every time the other two men next to him were gunned down by the German machine guns. He always thought after that some force had protected him.
>>
>>138239277
war turtle
>>
>>138243872
Part 2, Korea edition, continued from gramps POV

>"I was in Korea, when the chinese came across the river, I wasnt at the frontline then, I was helping to grade roads for advancing tanks when the UN counter attack happened"
>"As we passed through a village, it was completely empty so we began grading, and all of a sudden we started seeing bodies"
>"Turns out, the chinese had murdered the entire village and thrown them all in a shallow mass grave, we had started grading through"
>"Some time after that, a sniper shot me in my left arm at the elbow, so I lay in a shallow foxhole yelling for a medic"
>"The medic coming to help me gets shot in the buttocks by the sniper, which is very serious"
>"Him and I laid together pinned down by the sniper in that ditch for over 18 hours until we were rescued"
His arm was never 100% the same

He also was in charge of burials
>"We would take care with the bodies of our own men, but the grunts we tasked with burying the enemy wanted to be done in a hurry"
>"So they would cram bodies, multiple ones, into tiny graves, having to SNAP the legs and arms at times of the dead enemies to get them to fit quickly."
He obviously wasnt going to make the work harder for the enemy but he said the gruesome nature of men handling bodies in that, snapping their bones like broken twigs to fit their carcasses into small holes was very disturbing to be involved in
>>
>>138224755
Well the confederacy did lose so it was a smart choice.
>>
>>138223587
My step grandfather served as a MP in Korea.
was in the battle of porkchop hill and hid in a foxhole with 4 dead soldiers while the koreans were going around checking for living soldiers. he survived but this was the only story he told my stepfather
>>
>>138223587
My great great grandfather died at Passschendaele in his early 20s. His brother ended up marrying the widow he left behind. My great grandfather fought in North Africa and southern Italy during the second world war, he was part of the desert rats.
>>
>>138244498
Thats enough man. - I served 5 years royal marines . every rememberance sunday went to spien bridge commando statue in the highlans of scotland - met the surviving ww2 commandos - they are enough - believe me. the guns of the navarone types. be proud of your one
>>
>>138244967
>i bet he punched the officer on purpose so he could skip getting blown up in the strait

That's how I interpreted it too. I couldn't figure out which ship he was stationed on, but I know he survived.
>>
>>138242869
They'll remind them who the real (((enemy))) is, the ones who are always planning these wars
>>
>>138245070
>He wasn't Jewish though
Keep telling yourself that Moshe
>>
>>138245690
thanks, i didn't know him very well, he died when i was a lot younger. Buy my grandmother always talks about him and the others.
>>
File: IMG_0335.png (178KB, 950x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.png
178KB, 950x596px
>Be the 50s in Japan, Gramps lives on military base
>there's a zoo nearby with penguins
>my grandpa and his friends steal a fucking penguin, one more of the guys by the name of Ned Turtle keeps the penguin hidden under his country club shirt.
>penguin bites him, he starts to bleed
>'damnit guys this is my dads car, I'm gonna bleed all over it'
>'alright Ned, lets go bother the Italians then'
>walk into diner
>guy named Juliani is the server, they like to screw with him
>'what'll you guys have?'
>four burgers and fries, and a burger for the penguin
>Ned produces penguin
>Juliani stares for a moment, then says 'why you guys always gotta bust my chops eh?'
>feed penguin burger, then leave
>car ride to the park, penguin begins rapidly shitting all over the car
>the burger didn't sit well
>'Shot guys this is my dads goddamn car!'
>'don't worry we'll just drop him off'
This is the best part
>they leave the penguin at the doors of the local Japanese Socialist Party building
>Japan loves to crackdown on commies when given opportunity, blames them for stealing penguin
>three day long riot ensues between socialist guerrilas and military police
>10 people are killed
>because of my gramps and a fucking penguin
>>
File: 15028684955680.png (990KB, 961x1400px) Image search: [Google]
15028684955680.png
990KB, 961x1400px
>>138223587
oh i have a lot of military heritage
>great grandpa became a platoon clerk and went through war sitting behind a desk till Czechoslovakia because he had nice hand-writing.
>grandpa was a board guard in soviet Asia, almost got sent to Afghanistan but did not volunteer like his comrades. Grandma later beat him because she found his muslim gf photo in his stuff.
>father served at engineer/building unit, probably safer than infantry
>>
>>138228735
Real Brit-looking, your great-grandfather.
>>
>>138228735
Yeah, I'm sure if most of these guys were alive still they would be simultaneously horrified and probably 100% /pol/ IRL
>>
>>138239412
You should stop using that flag. The Jack is what your family fought under.
>>
My grandfather served in the navy in pacific theater during WWII. He never got to face much combat, only a few enemy aircraft and patrolled the waters of Japan. After the Japanese surrender my grandfathers ship would patrol Tokyo Bay, he would occasionally go off shore, and the Japanese bowed to him. He left the navy in '47 and became an engineer for Boeing.
>>
>>138231058
Geez. No more brother wars.
>>
File: 1496379161245.gif (3MB, 460x373px) Image search: [Google]
1496379161245.gif
3MB, 460x373px
>>138245875
Fucking bestttttttttttttttttttttt

Your grandfather is my hero
>>
>>138244278
Another, different family member:
>Be a sailor
>Chill AF December Sunday morning on the deck of a light cruiser
>FUCK, JAPS
>DIVE HEAD-FIRST DOWN HATCH TO AVOID BEING SHOT TO SHIT
>curse a bit, wipe off scrapes, make a beeline for the arms locker
>Dudebro guarding arms locker has not received orders from Master-At-Arms to distribute weapons, refuses access
>Alarms going off on the ship, a small crowd of men all yelling at dudebro, he still doesn't let anyone in
>Knock him the fuck out, steal his keys, access arms locker
>go shoot at japs
The cruiser made it out of Pearl Harbor with only minor damage.
>>
>>138230708
They wanted Cuba so they created a casus belli by sinking one of their boats in La Havana.
Declared war and Spain was pretty much a 2.5th world nation by then after more than 100 years of civil wars so they went full Jew against a nation who helped´em against the UK and took whatever they wanted.
>>
>>138237171
>they thought that he's shell shocked and speaking gibberish) and was just... ...stuck there.

kekisimo
>>
>>138229243
>Oi, mister, did you realize you were breaking the speed limit?
>May the King have mercy, 200 miles per hour, how is that even possible?! This new speed measuring contraption must be acting up!
>You see, that it entirely possible. My speedometer doesn't go that high, but I've got an old Messer' engine mounted in this old timer, fuckken oath
>>
>>138245875
cause and effect my man - the way of the universe
>>
>>138246580
Also my great-uncle (his brother) was on a B-29 during the firebombing of Tokyo.
>>
File: jew gassed.png (236KB, 523x663px) Image search: [Google]
jew gassed.png
236KB, 523x663px
>be me
>thansgiving dinner 2015
>mom, dad, both brothers and sister
>grandma and gramps, aunts and uncles
>im full on white pride
>thinks Hitler had the right idea of gassing jews
>grandpa has that 1000 yard stare
>goes into ww2 stories of fighting against the nazis
>power level rising, i dont think i can control it
>recalls his encounter with a german patrol and how his squad wiped them out in an ambush
>i blurt out "THANKS FOR FIGHTING FOR THE WRONG SIDE YOU FUCKING KIKE LOVING PIECE OF SHIT!"
>family is silent
>i lay into gramps about its partly his fault for the downfall of white civilization
>as i autistically keep spewing redpills about jews, he gives me the right hook
>i wake up 20 minutes later
>family left
>just immediates still there
>they wont talk to me.
>they leave a spot for me at the table but nobody speaks to me
>moved out 2 weeks later
>>
>>138234704
> hung up
So he died? Usually you say just 'hung' if you mean, 'with a rope, by the neck until dead'. Not being picky, just letting you know. 'hung up' can be /held up/, or, maybe just punished but not killed.

SS weren't treated normally anywhere, it seems. Toward the end, US soldiers wouldn't accept SS surrenders and just shot them.

https://digital.library.txstate.edu/bitstream/handle/10877/3836/fulltext.pdf

... if you've got the stomach for it. This stuff isn't well-publicized, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>138245875
I wish it was documented somewhere.
>>
>>138247842
i hope this is bait
if not, sorry for your autism anon
>>
>>138244185

Well he didn't have a bad word to say about the Germans. He died this year.
>>
>>138223587
>Post stories from the wars your family were involved in.

Grandfather fought in WW2. He was 18. He dug trenches against the Ruskies. In 1945 they deployed him South-East of the Reich and the Ruskies just bypassed their positions. Their commander than had them lay down their rifles and march to the closest city to give up.

He was my hero until he died of old age.
>>
File: 1501778851936.gif (2MB, 330x297px) Image search: [Google]
1501778851936.gif
2MB, 330x297px
>>138245875
Fucking kek
>>
File: 1502734210381.jpg (47KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502734210381.jpg
47KB, 439x480px
>>138245875
What the fuck am I reading.

That's astounding.
>>
File: Black son pranks dad.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Black son pranks dad.gif
1MB, 320x180px
My grandfather had some pretty brutal stories.
>Lied about his age and joined to fight in WW2 at age 14
>Fucked up nazis in Italy
>Got shipped out to fight in the Pacific theater
>At one point got torpedeod
>Saved 3 of his friends on his own
>One of them volunteered to be sacrificed to save the group when sharks showed up
>Landed on an island that was, I quote, "Full of Tojos"
>Managed to get the drop on the squad he saw
>They shot the shit out of his legs
>Somehow managed to kill the nips before he blacked out
>Woke up in a field hospital
>Was several inches shorter
>His feet had been sewn to his knees
>Damn tojos blownt his shins off
>He kilt fiddy men

He also claimed to have once owned "Hitlers Canoe" but sold it for 500 bucks when times got rough.
>>
>>138223587
My great great Grandfather fought in the Battle of the Somme during WW1, apparently he was serving alongside a lot of Welsh solider sand he hated them because none of them spoke English.

My great great Uncle fought in Africa and Italy during WW2, Don't know much about him but I know he died of a heat attack while using a vacuum cleaner in the early 80s's.
>>
>>138247842
Hope this is bullshit - if its not - he shoulda fuckin shot you
>>
>Vietnam, Hanoi, 1968 (Pre Tet offensive)
>Uncle if part of MACV/SOG and some other SFOG group (white snakes? Forgot what it was)
>Take SVA troops into Hanoi (South Vietnamese guerilla forces)
>Get into MASSIVE ambush
>Most SVA fighters are killed, its his CIA counterpart and 3 other US fighters with a hand full of others
>Stumble upon camp of NVA soldiers
>Slowly and methodically, one by one, isolate the soldiers and kill them off one by one throughout the night
>0200 Hours come up, around 15 give or take still left
>Probably a good time to mention my Uncle is from the south, in Kentucky
>Isolate and take a goat, some how wrapping its mouth shut so it doesnt make any noise.
>Quite the goat and wrap him with incindiary explosives, toss small amount of MRE into the center of the camp
>Goat runs over...timer on explosives go off
>15 burning NVA soldiers
>Camp is cleared, they move in
>Find 20+ young girls raped, mutalated and butchered in soem tunnel
>Uncle pissed amd just horrified, decides to firebomb everything in the tunnels
>Takes drums of fuelent and oil and dumps everything they can into tunnels
>light the shit
>Massive fire ball shoots out all around camp, 5 more soldiers come out burning
>Uncle looks them into the eyes while they burn
>mfw uncle is metal as fuck
>>
>>138248908
>>Fucked up nazis in Italy
America never fought in Italy. It is a myth, it was mostly Brits. Also, the losses on the Allies' side is higher than the Axis' one in Italy until 1944.
>>
>>138247901
My grandpa was the one who told me, so maybe the deaths were exaggerated. However, he did say that the arrests happened after the communists lead a railroad strike and killed some official, if that helps.
>>
File: Met Shot.jpg (23KB, 280x222px) Image search: [Google]
Met Shot.jpg
23KB, 280x222px
>>138247244
The sailor participated in several stages of Operation Teapot:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Teapot
How many of you anons can claim to bear genes burned two or more times by nuclear fire?
>>
>>138249289
Assaulting side has higher losses as a rule. Military textbooks say, as a rule of thumb, for equivalent armies, you need a 3-to-1 numerical superiority to guarantee success in a head-on assault against secured positions
>>
>grandfather was a polish jew
>fled poland before the war
>enlisted in u.s army at 17
>arrived in normandy a day after dday
>waist gunner on a sherman
>got shot in the arm while he was waving forward a armored column after they finished clearing for
>barley said a word about the war basically everything I said now
>could talk for hours about the hospital ship all the pretty nurses and great food
>hated poland as much as the nazis
>said they where the reason for the holocaust
>>
>>138223587
>be my grandfather
>marine corsair pilot in Pacific theatre WWII
>has day off and goes hiking
>"holy fuck a cool cave!!"
>explores cool cave
>downed Japanese pilot asleep holed up in cave
>Look at each other for a second
>jap goes for gun
>grandpa shoots him dead
>grandpa takes all his shit
>all old dead japs shit is now mine
>feels good
>>
>>138249289
Wait....what? explain more please?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Italy
>>
>>138248908
Ah, yes General Fiddy Men.
>>
>>138250009
It was the Brits who fought, the Americans were mostly in the rear. Look it up. Patton did a bit of fighting in Sicily and then the Americans were sidelined - concentrated on air support.
>>
File: clickshit.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
clickshit.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>138223587
my grandpa lived through pearl harbor. was in the navy, was out on a boat. never heard more than that. the whole family tells me it. i seen pictures of him in navy outfit
>>
>>138246542

Ok lad, I will definetly do what some random cunt online tells me to do.
>>
>>138224836
Kikes are the enemy.
>>
>>138250143
Ahhh okay I kinda assumed I just misunderstood you. I was taking it as the US never fought in Italy period. Makes sense
>>
File: 1503178039367-595790821.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1503178039367-595790821.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Grandpa faught in korean war captured as pow escaped camp
>granpa is medic
>one of the battles of porkchop hill
>surrounded by Chinese and north koreans
>trying to patch up as many men as possible
>eventually too many men are dropping faster then he can patch them
>start to shoot back at chinks
>eventually jump on mounted machine gun mow down entire groups of Chinese
>get overwhelmed by ammount of chinks surrender
>taken to chinese camp in north korea
>men are beaten for information
>grandpa knew some Chinese words
>would yell at them if he saw them beating someone so they would beat him instead
>one day Chinese beating someone
>breaks his nose
>bleeding to death
>grandpa ends up stoping the bleeding saving his life
>become war buddys
>one day chinese take 10 men
>line them up on a wall
>shoot them all in the head
>grandpa was one of them
>he survives grazed his head
>plays dead
>Chinese leave
>ends up escaping the camp while chinese are not around
>make it to north korean farm
>farmers hide him there for a while
>end up smuggling him across border
>makes it back to American camp
>want to continue fighting
>they send him home because of multiple bullet wounds
>years later tries to volunteer for Vietnam
>they tell him he is too old
>years later came across war buddy some time in 90s
>died not long after from pneumonia
Pic realated its grandpa(skinny one) and his war buddy. He ended up getting bronze star purple heart and was pending for the medal of honor to my knowledge he is still pending to this day, also first greentext.
>>
great uncle fought in korean war. took shrapnel in the leg and was honrably discharged, but he is near deaf now. he also carried a m1911 with him at all times before he died
>>
>>138249246
Wonder what your uncle would think about Operation Phoenix
>>
>>138250713
Never heard of it until now, good question.

Uncle is long gone unfortunately
>>
>>138250485
badass
>>
>>138223587
My mom's uncle from Canuckistan was in the raf during the war and was a plane spotter on the bomber planes. He flew 30 missions over Europe and was training for the war in the Pacific when the Japanese surrendered because of the red army steam rolling into kr'r'r and the nukes. He said you could tell how many men died when a plane went down by counting the number of parachutes that appeared behind the plane as it was going down. He also said that there was two times the plane he was in had to be scrapped after he got back because of all the German flak that hit it during the mission.
>>
>>138224334
i apologize for the delay. im sick and tired at the moment. surpriised this thread is still up. so one day while my dad was in the rear seat of an f-4Phantom flying after an unknown aircraft. the rear seat takes care of radio operation, weapons systems, radar and whatnot. not gonna disclose alot of details but they were given clearence to give chase. a phantom can fly damn near 1500 miles per hour, they dumped external fuel, turned on the afterburner and were still unable to catch up with the object. no physical description on it because they only ever saw it on radar. so they chase it for about 200 miles, all the way its toying with them. slowing down, bursting forward so fast it looked like teleportation on the radar. after a while it must have decided it was done, because at probably oveer mach 2 it took an immediate left turn. no curve, a right angle. they lost sight and patrolled the area until they were too low on fuel.
>>
File: 81823900.jpg (130KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
81823900.jpg
130KB, 1024x683px
>>138223587
>Dad is lieutenant in the 80s
>At the DMZ doing whatever the fuck
>South Koreans Frequently digging to find Nork tunnels
>SKs find a tunnel that's close to their side of the DMZ
>Dad and few of his soldiers decide to go check it out, since the SKs are about to blow it
>As he gets further and further the tunnel gets lower and lower to the point where they have to crouch
>At this point he's got his pistol out, since he's pretty sure they've gone past the MDL
>Eventually the tunnel opens up and there's a door in front of them
>They all go quiet
>Eventually they can hear voices coming from the other side
>They all immediately turn the fuck around, since the SKs could blow the tunnel at any time and they'd be fucking stuck on the wrong side of the MDL
Just one of my dad's Korea stories. Will post a few more.
>>
>mothers side

Great grandfather Latvian. Sold out hiding Jews to Nazis. Made small fortune. Grandpa drank it away.

>fathers side
Great granddad was a radio personality that made jokes about how Britain has no chance against Germany in a land war and their time is numbered.
>>
My grandpa (16 years old) wanted to fight off nazi invaders in Egypt but was afraid to travel by boat there due to Germans shinking them. So he sold his coat and traveled by train on the rooftop. After arriving at Thessaloniki Germans invaded Greece by the Greek-Bulgarian boarders. In his bad (good) luck due to been diagnosed with tuberculosis he missed the fight in the boarders where all Greek soldiers were killed or imprisoned never to be seen again. And later he was captured by Germans cause they thought that he was British (blond hair and blue eyes) but was later released after some farmer told them he was his son. After WW2 he joined the fight in the Greek civil war.
>>
>>138223587
Grandfather was a demolition man in WWII Pacific. He joined at 17 years old. Would crawl through barbed wire, swamps, caves and all kinds of shit to throw satchel charges into Jap bunkers. Life expectancy in combat was around 9 seconds if I remember correctly. He survived the war, but died before I was born. RIP.
>>
>Great-grandfather WWI on the border with Austria
>Another great-grandfather was called by mistake for the colonization of Libya but was immediately postponed when they realized the mistake was too old / family
>Grandfather was captured by the Germans and taken away with them to work to make holes etc. To slow down the American advance. After three days with them one night escaped. The Germans searched for him, but managed to hide and return home.
>Grandmother's family was robbed by the Germans by their daily food and the protests to have at least food to not starve, the Germans responded negatively and fired them from far away to scare them with my grandmother who always stood in front of the smaller sisters to protect, she was never hit.
>>
File: why.jpg (18KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
18KB, 300x287px
>1944
>grandpa is an anti aircraft gunner in a 88 ItK 37 crew (flak 88) during the continuation war
> bomber formations everywhere
>shell misfires and blows in the chamber
>friend walking without his arm to him asking him something
>he cant hear anything, just massive tinnitus
>sees a russian il2 turn towards their positions
>runs to forest and tumbles and hits his head on a rock
>is woken up 3 hours later by an officer
>his whole squad died or went missing and he was the only survivor
>he is told to retreat as the russians are advancing rapidly in the karelian isthmus
>the officers car had stopped only to take a piss and noticed grandfather lying there unconscious by accident
>russkies only an hour away
>grandpa is evcacuated to a hospital with severe concussion
>meets grandma who is a Lotta (medic)
>tfw if that officer hadn't taken a piss i wouldn't be here
sorry for typos i am relatively drunk at this point
>>
File: 2398854506_0aacd3b81c_b.jpg (353KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
2398854506_0aacd3b81c_b.jpg
353KB, 1024x681px
>>138251407
>Dad's still in Korea
>Has to go dispose of ordinance from a South Korean base (can't remember what exactly it was, but they'd usually just shoot it off into the ocean and call it good
>When they get there, South Korean guard refuses to let them on post
>Dad explains what they're here to do
>Gook still refuses to let them on
>Dad just repeats what they're here to do again
>Gook refuses
>Eventually dad decides he's had enough and pulls his pistol on the gook and tells them to let him on base
>Told me in hindesight that was stupid as fuck to do, but when he did it he was just a lieutenant and didn't think much about what he'd do outside the army
>Gook still says no
>Eventually dad gives up and tell the guard that they're going to do what they came here to do
>Tells him that if he won't let him on post, then he'll just go to the nearby beach and get rid of missiles and other shit
>it's a civilian beach full of people, so he tells him that whatever happens, happens, and that if something bad goes down, he'll just say that the guard didn't let him on post
>eventually gook backs down and lets them on post
>>
File: castlebravo.gif (994KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
castlebravo.gif
994KB, 500x276px
>>138249619
so, any other nukeanons ITT?
>>
>>138223587
Great Grandfather fought the Red Army in the Polar Bear expedition during World War 1. Stopped allied arms from falling into Bolshevik hands.
>>
>>138234570
What about Četniks?
>>
>>138247860
right my bad. german "aufhängen" translates literally as "hang up"
he died yes.
>>
>>138223587
>Jamaica
>Great grandfather
>World War 1
>Great Britain still in control of the islands
>Soldiers to go around and press people into service
>Racist so Jamaicans were doing manual labor and shitty dock work for next to no pay
>Great grandfathers name gets called up and they are looking for him at the pub he would hang out at
>Friends tell him before hand and he was gone faster than the nearest bus could show up
>Stowed away on several fishing boats until he was safely away in panama
>Stayed there almost indefinitely, until he brought his family back to the islands
>By the time the Brits caught him he was old, lived a long life and left him alone

Other side of family
>Fought in world war II
>Pacific front for America
>Was posted on watch
>Freaking out because several other camps were attacked last night
>Heard rustling in the woods
>Opened up waking everyone up, who joined in
>Everyone calling him a hero for saving their lives because it was all quite afterward

>Next morning Lt. Inspects the damage
>It was a horse that made all the noise
>Made him bury the horse and everybody made fun of him for weeks

>Back in the 80's he died
>Everyone sharing stories about him and the one about the horse he killed
>As hes going into the ground a horse shows up the crest of the hill
>Goes up on his hind legs and lets out a loud NAY
>Everyone burst into laughter
>The horse got the last laugh
>>
>>138234570
I have Serb family. He has no hatred to anyone, but to this day he despises Croats.
>>
File: mov_20100197_8.jpg (2MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
mov_20100197_8.jpg
2MB, 2000x1333px
>>138252441
>Dad remains in Korea drinking soju
>Him and a few other lieutenants just sit around all day drinking on post when they're not kicking shit for their superiors
>One lieutenant (we'll call him Lieutenant VD) is well known for going into town and fucking hookers, because hookers stopped coming on post years ago
>Lieutenant VD is absolutely fucking retarded, my dad and the other officers don't respect him and neither do his soldiers
>One night Lieutenant VD is bragging about a hooker he fucked the other day
>Eventually my dad and the other officers get sick of his shit so they say
>Dad: "Hey VD, you ever hear about the century club?"
>VD is retarded so he has no idea the century club is actually a stupid drinking game designed to get retards to vommit after drinking 100 ounces of beer in 100 minutes.
>VD: "No man, what's that?"
>Dad: "Well it's where you fuck 100 women, hell Smith here's already in the century club."
>VD apparently is in awe
>The next night VD goes into town and doesn't come back
>VD is literally AWOL for 24 hours
>Dad's afraid he's going to have to go into town to make sure he isn't dead
>VD comes back, covered in vomit, looking like death.
>Apparantly VD had fucked half of a brothel, including the Ajumma (brothel madam, aka old wrinkled toothless woman)
>The very next day they had to go out for drill or something and spend a few days camping out and doing other shit
>Entire time VD is puking his guts out
>When he goes to pee he screams and shout because he now has gonorrhea
>Not a single person respect VD at this point
>VD eventually leaves, but not before marrying a Korean buttwhore (hooker that marries a Joe, only to stay behind Korea and siphons money from him)
>No one see's him
>>
>>138233426
>as reward (family birth right )
When he retired from the factory, or as a family heirloom passed once you retire? Don't get it
>>
My grandpa was in the Hitler Youth (HJ) at first, doing his duty defending against allied air raids.
Then got drafted to counter attacks on the west front in 1944.
Platooned together with other 16, 17 year old boys fresh from HJ he was on patrol when they found a US brigade camp site in a valley ahead.
US forces about 10 times as many as they themselves.
They used the surprise momentum and started ferociously storming down the hill while firing their hand guns without aiming and also yelling "ANGRIFF!".
US soldiers were completely unprepared, frightened to death, all jumping on the vehicles and speeding off as fast as they could without even trying to defend their base, leaving everything else behind.
My grandpa reported that there was also a field hospital on the camp site. All injured US soldiers were still lying there in their beds, abandoned by their comrades.

When my grandpa entered the hospital tent, the G.I.s were crying and begging for their lives.

My grandpa laughed when he told me that, because "Imagine! They cried and begged for their lives, because they thought we would slaughter them all now! Ridiculous, no German soldier would have done such, not even thought of. We were fair fighters and we always treated POWs with respect and according to the law!"

And that's the truth that I believe.
>>
File: IMG_7905.jpg (105KB, 645x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7905.jpg
105KB, 645x728px
>>138239006
I'm sorry Hans. You were the 'bad guys' in the West but the good guys in the East.
>>
>>138253314
>As hes going into the ground a horse shows up the crest of the hill
I smell bullshit
>>
>>138223587
Im related to bomber harris
>>
>>138248908
r u Hank Hill
do i win a prize
>>
File: adolf_approves.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
adolf_approves.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>138249246
Holy shit your uncle is Brutal as FUCK
>>
>>138255092
I wish it were. Multiple family members were there and confirm it happening.
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction
>>
>>138223587

My dad was on the kittyhawk (aircraft carrier)

Didn't see any action since nothing was going on but they did have some race riots onboard while he was there.

Lotta laughs. Guess the groids tried to start some anti war protest on active duty lol. Fucking morons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Kitty_Hawk_riot
>>
>>138223587
Boche is the portuguese equivalent of kraut. Dont know if other languages also use it. Maybe your grandad met some portuguese troops?
>>
>>138255558
It was the common nickname by the French
>>
File: DOITAGAIN.png (576KB, 1383x900px) Image search: [Google]
DOITAGAIN.png
576KB, 1383x900px
>>138255135
And I'm top of the Global leaderboard as bomber pilot in Dresden

fucking kek
>>
File: sigh.jpg (18KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
18KB, 720x480px
>>138223587
>great grandpa was a RAF commander in the middle east during WW2
>was knighted by the queen
>be me a nobody in America
>>
>>138254533
he earned gold watch for service to company - that watch would then be passed to each eldest son in turn after his death. Like an inheritence - from him to my father - then to me - then to my son and so on - its called a birthright in this country - maybe you have similar thing ?
>>
>>138255692
Interesting. So i guess our troops picked up that word from them
>>
My uncle was at Hamburger Hill. He was offered a medal and told the offer to shove it up his ass because he was upset about losing several of his friends. I remember him telling me about an incident where a child threw a grenade into his bunker or pillbox and dragged an officer and a couple friends to safety after taking shrapnel. I wish he was still around to talk to him about Nam but he drank himself to death in the 90's. I only have his purple heart and some ribbons now.
>>
>>138254971
pity russian savages did not show same behaviour to german pow's on the road to berlin - so much is hidden from the history books - it was shameful what happened to germans after 1945 - a disgrace
>>
File: IMG_7995.jpg (116KB, 750x934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7995.jpg
116KB, 750x934px
>>138255863
JUST

Could be worse Ameribro. I'm still convinced we actually came out the worst of WW2. Pic related.
>>
I don't want to dox myself so I have to be vague, but I have a great uncle who was folded into the RAF during ww2 and he ended up in command of a bunch of strangers and he apparently kept stressing to them that they needed to keep his formation as explained, no matter what, and that losing their nerve and pulling away from the route he'd be leading would for sure result in their deaths.

During the mission, they lost their nerve, pulled away, and were all killed by enemy forces.

My great uncle completed the entire mission alone and returned alive, and received the second highest honour possible from Britain and the highest honour possible fro Canada, and his medals are now in a museum in Ottawa.
>>
File: why.gif (2MB, 210x155px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
2MB, 210x155px
>>138239006
>>
>>138256294
Stories like this always get me. Those who have seen the most in war always seem to say the least.
>>
>my grandgrandgrandfather fought in the imperial army in the russo-japanese war

>grandgrandfather fought in the estonian independence war against soviet union and was a POW for 1,5 years

>my grandgranduncle fought in the german army in the tannenberg line and was never found

>my grandfather was in the soviet navy for a decade, part of the submarine crew, but got "lost" somewhere in the 1960s
>>
File: 1491349070617.gif (179KB, 494x665px) Image search: [Google]
1491349070617.gif
179KB, 494x665px
>>138256294
>My uncle was at Hamburger Hill

>Hamburger Hill
>Hamburger
>burger
>>
>>138248908
dangit bobby
>>
>>138224836
My great-grandfather was one of the few palestinian resistance groups trying to stop the formation of kikeland if anyone would like to hear his story.
>>
>>138240705
Part of the Polish contingent in Market Garden?
>>
I guess it does not count but my Grandmothers Uncle was a fighter pilot and died in a crash.
>>
>>138256622
They call it that because it was a human meat grinder.

>>138256605
I only remember a couple other small details. He usually carried a thumper and said he was a surgeon with it. He was also one of the smaller men in his unit so he was one of the ones that would usually go in the tunnels, that he never talked about, I only know about that because of my father.

My father wanted to enlist and shoot for being a door gunner in the helicopters and his brother told him if he enlisted, he would go back for another rotation and he was sure he wouldn't live through it and my father would have to live with that. That said he didn't enlist.

He said the most demoralizing and enraging thing about the whole war was that it was a war of attrition. They would fight for some shitty hill, lose good men then abandon it and the Vietnamese would come back a day later and retake it.
>>
>>138241552
>pow in Bergen-Belsen
Don't pull shit out of your ass anon
>>
>>138257104
fuckin right it counts - a lot. how many fighter pilots does the averge joe know ? it counts when your flying a fighter palne in combat - celebrate that man
>>
>>138256954
I want to hear it please.
>>
>>138223587
No war stories in my family. We always get away from that shit. 2 world wars, plus colonial wars... no one went to war.
>>
>>138223587
>My grandfather was a kid(8-12) during the German invasion and occupation of Greece.
>Very little food to go around because supply lines were destroyed, people in cities were starving.
>Him and his friends would chase around German supply trucks and get in the back and try to steal bread, potatoes etc.
>Once they almost got caught, but they ran away.
>One time, he was caught running away after stealing leftover bread scraps after a German soldier had finished eat at a army restaurant.
>The soldier kicked him in the ass with his jackboot hard as fuck, he couldn't walk straight for months.
>>
>>138256954
yes please - bring that man back to life
>>
>>138223587
Both sets of my family fought in both World Wars for the Germans.

My mother's side, in WW I fought as Calvary in Belgium mostly. No real stories, he survived the war and didn't speak much of it. They lived until the 1970s, and died.

My father's side, I am directly related to Manfred von Richthofen, the Red Baron of Germany. We had his diary up until the 80s, then I think it was misplaced or another family member has it. We do have one of his silver trophies from his kills in our summer house near Friedland. I think it was his 32nd kill cup. Many of the cups were sold, put to museums or "lost" (probably selfish family melting them down and selling them because they were 100% Silver) since he died in 1918. One of his diaries just told about his daily life when he wasn't flying (talking about Kurt Wolff, Werner Voss and them going to brothels and bars to drink and celebrate areal victories. Some about his kills.)

For WW II, my mom's side were Military Police and later Infantry in the Wehrmacht. My grandfather's brother (Great-Uncle, or whatever) was in the Luftwaffe until '45, when Germany surrendered. I don't think either of them surrendered to the Allies, I think they jumped ship and went home when they heard of the national surrender, because they never said they were PoW's. I know that the Luftwaffe guy was like a Sergeant and my grandfather was a Lieutenant or something.

Father's side, strictly Luftwaffe, and some of my grandfather's brothers were in the Kriegsmarine as U-Boatmen. I'd be interested in talking to them, I think out of 15 2-3 are alive, including my grandpa (father's side, I know him more than my mother's side.)

He flew in the Jagdgeschwader 52 (II./JG 52) in the Western Front for most of the War. I think he might've been in Norway for a brief time in 1944-45, though. He just tells stories of Dunkirk.
>>
>>138256961
Nope, not Market Garden, that was Polish paratroop brigade that fought there. My relative was in 1st Polish armoued division, died during the final push on Netherlands
>>
>>138256954
Yes pls
>>
>>138258166
man - reading stories like this off my german bro - got the blood of the bloody red baron of germany pumping in his in his veins, then looking now at the state of our two once great nations -- painful man - painful
>>
Grandpa's uncle was a corporal in 1940. Got mobilized on and off for 2 years until the Germans attack on the 10th of May. Get overrun and gets captured after 15 days of fighting. Gets send to Austrian POW camp and keeps diary. Has to work on new railroad laying the tracks in the snow. Gets threated fairly well when compared to the Polish soldiers in his own words. Despite being Fleming (see Flamenpolitik from the Germans, fraternization of Flemings-Germans because of Germanic relation) he has to stay for a year in POW camp. Other Flemings get send home after a few weeks/month tops. I think it's because of his grade of corporal. He wasn't a professional soldier but got promoted along the way. Gets send home eventually because he has to make way for the incomming Russian POW's.

Grandma's parents see horror of May 1940. Get liberated by Canadian troops and have to house 2 Canadian soldiers. She always talked about them when I'd ask about the war. She called them (translated) Laurel and Hardy one was chubby one was lanky. Still have contact with the family of the lanky one
>>
>>138242763
Because the bureaucracy being shit, or lost in the war?
>>
uncle was a pow in iran for 5 years
of which he was due for a pow exchange twice in the last 3 years but missed it when they called his name because he was brewing tea
>>
>>138258166
>>138258888
This. There's a reason we're only allowed to respect Germans in WW1 but not ((((WW2)))
>>
great grandfather was a communist who fought in the Spanish civil war, lived and got back
>>
>>138259361
So your uncle fought against Khomeini??
>>
>>138255866
Oh I get it, just didn't understand the wording. You were talking in the sense that it would later become an heirloom being passed down. Yes we have the same practice around here. Or rather had. When you retire colleages throwing in money for a departing gift. More often than not being a watch or something similar
>>
>>138258973
Your english is horrid. I Guess we fraternize now.
>>
father saved one of iraq's few navy ships by sailing it into the marshes where americans didn't bother looking
got a free promotion (.or whatever it's called when you become a higher ranking officer)
>>138259543
yup yup
>>
>>138258480
>1st Polish armoued division
Was he in Belgium as well? There's a well known top notch museum honouring the less known troops of WW2 in Belgium i. e. Poles and Canadians. 3/4 of the Flemish country side got liberated by them
>>
File: 1495611444741.jpg (247KB, 705x527px) Image search: [Google]
1495611444741.jpg
247KB, 705x527px
>>138223587
> Great grandad was chief engineer of the HMS Warspite
> Great Great Uncle died flying a Hurricane flying over Dunkirk
>Great great grandad gassed but survived ww1
> Distant grandad was captian of ship (HMS Dart) in Trafalgar

> I will just be a skinny neet

Feels.......
Comfy :-)
>>
>>138259734
Just being a dick.
>>
>>138223587
One granddad was a P47 pilot. Second fighter plane to touch down in liberated Belgium. 3 confirmed kills. Ordered to bomb/strafe a train that later on German radio was claimed to be full of refugees. Never spoke harshly of Germans. Worst he ever said about Hitler is that he was a "rascal". Mustered out as a lieutenant and went on to be an engineer.

His father (my great grandfather) went to WWI but the armistice was signed the day after he landed in Europe.

Other granddad was trained for tank destroyer duty but when they found out he could type he became a desk jockey.

He was in charge of cataloging surrendered Jap arms for destruction or transfer to Chinese hands. Absconded with some good stuff from the literal mountains of Jap weapons then pawned them before I was born even though he was rich.

Don't know if/what his dad did for WWI but his grandfather was a Tennessee Home guard during the war of northern aggression after which he joined the klan.

>silver Klan medallion is still in the family.
>>
>>138259734
You absolutely fucking what mate
>>
File: 2011_Vaseline.png (106KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
2011_Vaseline.png
106KB, 400x300px
>>138260038

you dont get to choose kid life has a way of taking over
>>
File: IMG_1258.jpg (65KB, 423x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1258.jpg
65KB, 423x640px
>>138260447
>>
>great grand papi sittin around with his mates
>inna burma so sick as fuco and hungry all the time
>frequently kill jungle rats because of the shitty supply
>hyear a rustlin in the bushes a bit left of your camppfire
>hose the fucker down with owen gun for a bit of a giggle and chance to hit tasty rat
>hear a gurgling sound
>3 dead japs roll out, one of them a lt. With a cherry blossom engraved nip sword
>everyone has a good laugh
>take sword home only to have it stolen by abos when you leave your garage open one night.

Have some more if your interested?
>>
>>138257874
Ok so my great grandfather was a tall man roughly 6'3", before the mass migration of kikes to the homeland he ran a coffee shop. Understand that the middle east was a more carefree place women wore short skirts and men had tatoos both seen as haram today, but still kept traditional marriages. Anyways my great grand father was a very respected man and everyone in the village loved him. Eventually the rumors of the kikes forming their own state starting to go around village so the government (basically each head of clan) started to get a militia ready and push them back. Now great grandpa was on the richer spectrum of things and had experience with old turkish bolt action rifles as he bought one years before. One the first major revolt came he went on his own to a village he knew that had been wiped out by the kikes. Sat on the hill with with his rifle and spent the next week shooting any kike with a rifle. He reached about 10 kills and then the kikes who were posted at the village eventually left. Went to the village to see if anything was left but only found a jewish woman and her kids, told them to leave, apparently they were in his second cousins house. Was planning on heading to jerusalem as that was were most of the fighting was occuring, but word came from the jordanian forces that the war was over. So he went back home told his story, was honored by the village and fathered 13 kids with 2 different women, eventually got a tatoo of the arab eagle with the words my people, land, and blood (roughly saying those things arabic is a hard langauge). Eventually died around 90 from lung cancer.

I also have a story about my grandfathers time in the 67 war though its pretty bad.
>>
File: 2017-08-19-15-56-40-.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-19-15-56-40-.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
in 2006 we pinned several sand
niggers with Brittany spears music.
No really.
There was 5-10 guys on a position that we couldn't dislodge, and couldn't air strike. So we blasted Brittany spears at them.
In Islam non Islam music in Haram. It really fucked them up, more then we figured it would. After awhile they suicide charged out and were ventlaied them.
>>
>>138243147
>>takes home a German handwatch as a trophy
>>neighbors report him for having it
As it should be
play stupid games win stupid prizes
>>
>>138223587
>Grandad in South Pacific during WWII
>Transiting with destroyer convoy when VE announced over radio
>because of time zones, early hours of the morning
>Overenthusiastic gunner lets loose some ordnance
>Soon after, every destroyer in the convoy is lighting up the early morning sky like fireworks on the 4th of July
>All men just stop at their stations and what they've heard sinks in driven home by this surreal display
>Captain gets on radio and says "You dumb sonsofbitches. In case it slipped your mind, we still have a war to win over here!"
>>
File: 1455665982208.jpg (98KB, 282x424px) Image search: [Google]
1455665982208.jpg
98KB, 282x424px
>>138260770
Fucking Abos are they really that bad like people say they are?
>>
>>138260447
>war of northern aggression

Based. Never forget your history Johnny Reb. The South and the US.
>>
My grandpa was a jew in poland. His family was captured by soviets and all but he and his sister starved to death. He joined the merchant marines and met my grandma in galveston.
>>
>>138243990
Italians in Belgium? Where was this?
>>
File: 1501800242147.jpg (369KB, 1844x1228px) Image search: [Google]
1501800242147.jpg
369KB, 1844x1228px
>>138261121

yank meme is inappropriate
>>
>>138223587
I remember hearing a story of a crewman in some Japanese island who decided to take a nap underneath a parked tank after a beachhead was established. The tank sank in the sand on top of him apparently, so it was pretty shitty.
>>
>>138226546
I really liked reading these.
>>
>Great, Great, Great, Great Grandpa fought for the South in the Civil War

>Great Granpa fought boulshivism in the Polar Bear Expiditions of WW1

> Both grandpas fought in Korea

>Uncle was a nuclear sub captain in the 90's
>>
>>138239006
Why couldn't we have fought the commies together, Hans? Why did our leaders not come together against a common enemy? Why did it have to be like this?
>>
>>138249246
Uncle ferried those MACV/SOG fuckers upriver in swift boats around '67-'68. They scared the shit out of him. Learned quick not to ask too many questions.
>>
>>138260783
Truly courageous men, executing a Brittney strike on their own position.
>>
>>138223587
Grandpa joined Flemish SS in 1942 when he was 17
Fought on the eastern front as a Panzergrenadier
Once blew up a T-34 with a panzerfäust in the battle of Narva ,
killed a lot of reds in combat,
After the war he got the death penalty (but they released him after 7 years in prison)
Moved to the Belgian Congo in 1955,
Had a sugar cane Plantation in Jadotville Katanga
Commie niggers(Simba's) burned his house and killed his neighbours in 1960 (eaten their harts and liver)
He joined the Katanga army 10th commando ,
Killed a lot of nigs and shot at Swedish Irish U.N sodiers(who protected the commie niggers)
After the war in Katanga he spend some time fighting and training local soldiers in Biafra with his mates from the Congo
In the 70s he used to fly to South Africa a couple of months a year ,
Once he came home to Belgium full of shrapnel wounds on the left side of his body
He never had a job when he was living in Belgium but always had nice cars (Mercedes 500 and Porsche 911) and a very big house and a holiday house in the South of France
>>
Great, great uncle faked getting lung damage in WWI
>got a disability check the rest of his life

My great uncle robbed some Japs after ww2. Sold a carton of cigs (full of saw dust) for a bunch money and hid in the ship

Lol
>War is hell
My grandfather would tie a string to half a cig and throw it out in the streets of France and pull it when the Frenchies would jump on it
>>
>>138224836
My Uncle had stories of the British mandate too. His officer was shot in the head by a Zionist terrorist in the street. He was ordered not to pursue ffs.
It is to this nations eternal shame we fucked to terrorists and bankers.
>>
>>138223587
My grandfather was in the royal hungarian army in ww2 as a scout he was sent on many dangerous scouting missions he fought on the eastern front until in 1944 he was shot in the leg at the Tisza river then he was transferred to Germany into a hospital and thats how he survived the war. He had 3 brothers serving in the army 1 as a scout too and the other 2 as basic infantry. I do not know much about them except that one died in the fronts which really broke my grandfather. My two great grandfathers both served in ww1 and ww2 they survived both all I know that one was a military doctor who has put away some fired bullets that he dug out of his patients. Also one of my great great great grandfathers was a Székely Hussar in the 1848-49 freedom fight.
>>
>>138256954
Very much so!
>>
>>138227319
How do you make one of this család?
>are my ancestors proud of me?
I feel it too
>>
>>138265509
This is it
>>138260775
>>
>>138227319
>Loved the fucking Flintstones
why did i laugh at this?
>>
>>138223587
Not much stories has survived but my family was in the following wars:

- The 30 years war and the battle of Lutzen 1632
- The russian wars in 1709 and the battle of Poltava
- The Swedish-Russian Finnish war 1808 - 1809
- The Finnish civil war of 1918
- The Finnish winter war 1939 - 1940
- The Finnish nazigerman war in in Finnish lapland 1944 - 1945

The only stories that has survived is from the civil war 1918 where some family members were buried in closed coffins due to grenades and from the Finnish winterwar were some family members were killed or wounded at Suomussalmi. My grandfather told me some horror stories of murder and delibarate arsons from the 1944-1945 war with the nazis in Finnish lapland.
>>
>>138223587
Me grand grand grand pappy flew german planes during WW2.
He died before I was old enough to be interested.
>>
File: maximun.jpg (9KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
maximun.jpg
9KB, 228x221px
>>138245875
holy fuck screencapped
>>
Not really war but war related

>WWI
>great-grandfather didn't get sent to war since he was the director of the main mail office or something
>since he lives in a village up in the center of the italian Apennines, salt is a "rare" resource
>salt is of extreme importance as they need it to conserve food
>he stored it in bottles and buried it under his grapevine field
>one day he spots two austrian deserters/italian bandits (this detail is unknown as my grandpa didn't exactly remember) trying to steal his fucking salt
>grab gun
>shoot the shit out of one of the bandits, who drops dead
>shoots the other and wounds him
>grabs the wounded bandit
>puts him on a table
>grabs saw
>fucking cuts him in half
After this event my family got the nickname of "Feroci" (fierce ones)
>>
File: 1502055617580.gif (3MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
1502055617580.gif
3MB, 377x372px
>>138245875
>>
File: fuckingpenguin.png (57KB, 866x421px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingpenguin.png
57KB, 866x421px
>>138269593
spread this around chaps
>>
>>138243147
Step one, secure the keys!
>>
Great great grandpa was a Confederate officer, great uncle fought and died on Omaha Beach, dad jumped into Panama in Operation Just Because. I'll try to find pictures if anybody is interested.

And I'm sitting here on my fat ass browsing a Sudanese monkey-wrangling forum.
>>
>>138241552
>Be my granddad
>Leave seminary to join Navy in '39
>After shipboard duty, get transfered to first training class of Souts&Raiders(proto frogmen)
>Learn all sorts of commando shit, silent sentry remova and small boat work.
>Get issued little belt pouch of brass bbs for thrusting hand in to convert fingers to punch daggers for silentthroat destruction.
>Get sent home on leave
>Canttell family asking why he's constantly absentmindedly thrusting his hand into theweird bag of bbs on his belt. Classified
>Not believed
>Get tired of them asking.
>Watch this.
>extended fingers
>Thrust hand through the wall up to the elbow.
>Family stops asking
>Spend rest of leave fixing drywall.
>>
>>138271692
Also, he owned ~50 slaves, and my dad has met a few black people with our last name around the same area in Mississippi.
>>
File: us-soldier-waiting.gif (137KB, 350x419px) Image search: [Google]
us-soldier-waiting.gif
137KB, 350x419px
One of my Great Uncles was in the Bataan Death March. There's no stories cause the dude was so traumatized and wound up being a park ranger in Yellowstone because he hated being around people so much.
Poor old Uncle Ralph.
>>
File: 1494196558393.jpg (243KB, 588x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494196558393.jpg
243KB, 588x900px
>>138223974
Wales mate, Wales.
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.