[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is American political discourse so infantile?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1498030885428.jpg (81KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1498030885428.jpg
81KB, 700x700px
And why is political discourse throughout the West as base and petulant as it perhaps has ever been?
>>
>>138218290
Leftists are children and everybody else is too afraid to say that.
>>
>>138218290
The internet has allowed the common man to share his opinions with the entire world. The common man isn't very smart.
>>
>>138218290
Stop using words that hard, bitch. Had to google TWICE. Im way too lazy for shit like that, bro.
>>
>>138218290
Younger generation getting their shit heard over the media and the media eating it up.
>>
>>138218290
It's mainly because of Television, which is a visual medium, not a textual one. I HIGHLY recommend Neil Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death, really just an amazing book.
>>
>>138218687
>when you buy a m16 and kill anon for thinking you are dumb.
>anarchy.
>>
>>138218290
>Why is American political discourse so infantile?

Because the media panders to the group of idiots that are able to be easily swayed by such stupidity.
>>
Not sure why the butt is a source of sexiness. It's where poop comes out. And the captcha is annoying, always.
>>
>>138218290
>that cellulite butt
fucking disgusting
>>
>>138218290
Says the person who used a pic of a pumped up ass to get their thought out there....
>>
>>138218290
Me:
>Billions of people live on a dollar a day. They'd all prefer to live in Europe or the USA and if given a means to arrive there, they would. We can't take all of them. It's better to help them in their home countries. Allowing economic migrants into our countries is counter productive if your goal is actually to help more people.

The left:
>YOU WANT DEAD BABIES. THE BLOOD OF DEAD BABIES IS ON YOUR HANDS.

This was actually the #1 talking point in Europe after that dead baby photo was pasted everywhere. There was this BBC radio show that blew up in some conservative circles.The host would ask every single called "Do you support more refugees?" and when they said no, he'd berate them in a very smug voice saying "Then you're for dead babies. You like dead babies."

It was the most insufferable thing I've ever heard.

That's the left for you. They boil down their arguments into emotional soundbites and repeat them ad nauseum.
>>
>>138218290
Internet homogenizes otherwise nuanced political opinions.
>>
File: 1502767708220.jpg (55KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1502767708220.jpg
55KB, 500x750px
>>138218290
Because everything has already been said and now we're just repeating ourselves.

Also I'm an assman but that looks fucking repulsive.
>>
The idea is drive supporters away from your opponent rather than attract them to you.
>>
>>138219009
>Neil Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death
I might just check this one out, anon.
>>
Feels > reals. That's why.
>>
>>138219009
That's actually quite a recurrent topic, Sartori's Homo Videns or Huneeus' La Cultura Huachaca (if you can read Spanish) deal with it too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.